|This article is about a/an movie in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer (劇場版 仮面ライダージオウ Over Quartzer（オーヴァー クォーツァー） Gekijō-ban Kamen Raidā Jiō Ōvā Kwōtsā) is the Summer film adaptation of Kamen Rider Zi-O, set to double-bill with Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger The Movie: Time Slip! Dinosaur Panic!!, while serving as a tribute to Kamen Rider Drive, as well as the Heisei era period of Kamen Rider. In the film, Sougo comes face-to-face with the Quartzers, who intend to wipe Kamen Rider Drive from history and conspire against his kingship.
The film will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on January 8, 2020.
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: This movie serves as an alternate ending after episode 43.
- If this movie is canon, it must take place after second half of episode 44 but before episode 47, as Sougo said he hasn't officially obtained the Drive Ridewatch in episode 44 and Geiz mentioned Go Shijima in episode 47. However, the movie appears to be non-canon because the events between the episodes are tightly packed together, there are no gap for the movie to fill in, though these inconsistencies could be due to the Quartzer altering the timeline at the end of the movie.
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: This movie may or may not be related to the series' events as Zero-One's appearance was actually a dream Sougo saw, like before.
Sougo Tokiwa has a dream of seeing a future Rider: a chartreuse yellow Rider with a grasshopper motif. He wakes up in panic claiming that Zi-O had disappeared in his dream and the new Rider taken his place.
Soon afterwards, Sougo, Geiz, Tsukuyomi and Woz receive a call from Krim Steinbelt. He asks them to protect his ancestor that is threatened by an unknown enemy. Because if his ancestor perished, so does he, and the history of Kamen Rider Drive will disappear as result.
Sougo and his friends go to 1575, in the Sengoku period. In there, they meet Oda Nobunaga, the revered demon king. But instead, Nobunaga is a weak-willed lecher. Nobunaga tries to court a foreign woman named Clara Steinbelt, Krim's ancestor. So, they must protect the woman.
Suddenly, the enemy appears in the form of Kagen (Kamen Rider Zonjis) and Jogen (Kamen Rider Zamonas). As Sougo and his friends fight them, Go Shijima arrives from the future to assist. After successfully repelling the enemies, Go tells them the history of Kamen Rider Drive.
Later, a war breaks out. As Nobunaga is too scared to lead his army, Geiz took his place instead. Zamonas and Zonjis also appear in the midst of the enemy's army, they brought out Time Mazines too. Sougo, Woz and Go fight them and win. After that, they come back to 2019, Krim and Go hand Sougo the Drive and Mach Ridewatches respectively. With that, all 20 Heisei Ridewatches are collected.
Suddenly Woz stole all the Ridewatches. When the rest confront him, he summons a platform full of people with the same outfit as him, and introduce themselves as the Quartzer. They're the controllers of history, with the leader, SOUGO Tokiwa himself. SOUGO claims to be the true king of time, manipulating Sougo's journey all along from the shadows, including using his special powers to make Swartz think that Sougo was the chosen one, while he originally was just a normal student. He transforms into Kamen Rider Barlckxs and defeats Sougo in his GrandZi-O form, capturing him.
In prison, Sougo asks why Woz betrayed him. The prophet of the future answers that his loyalty is always to Sougo, the leader of Quartzer from the Original Timeline. An enraged Geiz attacks Woz and they fight fiercely, but it's a distraction while Tsukuyomi and Go release Sougo.
Sougo faces Barlckxs again, but he's easily defeated once more as Barlckxs claims that the power of the Heisei era can't affect him. In the middle of the city, SOUGO declares his true goal: through the Ridewatches he'd unify the Heisei era which was broken in unconnected and unfitting settings, rebuilding everything in an unified world view under his control. With the Dai Mazines activating, a singularity is created and everything from the Heisei era in the current world starts being absorbed into it as the first step before the birth of his new world, and even Sougo is pulled towards it.
However, after losing consciouness, Sougo wakes up in a strange dimension instead. He saw past memories of him as a kid playing with his parents. His younger self declares that he'll become a king in the future. It turns out to be an illusion as Sougo suddenly appeared in a deserted wasteland, in 2068. In there, he is greeted by Ohma Zi-O himself. The future demon king explains that SOUGO's claims are true, and Sougo was never born to be king. In spite of that, his dream leads Sougo to become Ohma Zi-O. Sougo chooses to embrace his dream, even if he wasn't born to do it. Sougo suddenly wakes up back in the present, declaring that he wants to be king to help the world, when the Ohma Zi-O Ridewatch materialized. Sougo transforms into Zi-O Ohma Form as a gigantic projection of Ohma Zi-O appeared behind him. Witnessing this, Woz makes a grand speech about Zi-O Ohma Form being the advent of a new history that wasn't in his book. Finally, Zi-O landed in front of Zonjis and Zamonas.
Zi-O Ohma Form's arrival is followed by Go Shijima recovering his powers and all main Heisei Riders reappear to join the battle against the Quartzers. Riders also start materializing even from games (The Goriders), theater posters (Kamen Rider Zangetsu Kachidoki) and manga (Kuuga). They all help fight the army of Kasshines that appeared across the city. Witnessing Sougo’s quality as the one true king, Woz renounces his Quartzer membership in front of SOUGO before he tears his Oma Advent Calendar apart, stating that history is not set in stone, and that he belonged to the Heisei Riders. With the destruction of his beloved book, the pages fly into space and alters the portal functions. The Dai-Mazines that appeared in space lost their power source and fell like meteors and all 19 previous Heisei Kamen Riders proceed to go to their final forms.
Just as Woz revels in the Heisei Riders victory, Barlckxs throws his Revolcane and fatally wounded Woz. Geiz then appeared to support Woz and declared for everyone to stand with their True King. Witnessing Zi-O Ohma Form gallantly battling with Barlckxs and succeeded in destroying the remaining Dai Mazines, Woz passed away. The Heisei Riders also successfully defeat Zonjis and Zamonas. Cornered, Barlckxs then uses Kamen Rider Black RX BioRider and J's Ridewatch to transform into a liquefied giant and attacking all Heisei Riders present. However, Sougo remains defiant. He, with all Heisei Riders then use their combined Rider Kicks and penetrated Barlckxs last shield (a gigantic, liquefied board), dealing the finishing blow. In disbelief, Barlckxs shows the damaged board, now imprinted with Heisei in Kanji before exploding, killing the Leader of Quartzer for good.
With the defeat of Barlckxs, Geiz and Tsukuyomi disappeared because the future is now unknown. In spite of that, they're happy because it means they accomplished their mission. The other Quartzer reappear before Sougo Tokiwa, asking if he is fine with the world as it is, disjointed and lacking unity, and he replies that he is fine with it because life is like that. They tell him they're interested in seeing how his future will turn out. When returning home, Geiz, Tsukuyomi and Woz are mysteriously restored, waiting for him.
As Sougo's dream continues, Kamen Rider Zonjis has already recovered. He claims to be the one who will rule over the Reiwa era. However, the Rider from Sougo's dream, Kamen Rider Zero-One appears and defeats him, putting an end to his ambitions.
Kamen Rider Zi-O
Kamen Rider Ohma Zi-O
|Sougo Tokiwa (previous)|
Kamen Rider Geiz
Kamen Rider Woz
|Kamen Rider Mach||Go Shijima |
Main Legend Riders
Kamen Rider Kuuga
|Kamen Rider Agito||Shouichi Tsugami|
Kamen Rider Ryuki
|Kamen Rider Faiz||Takumi Inui|
|Kamen Rider Blade||Kazuma Kenzaki|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki||Hitoshi Hidaka|
|Kamen Rider Kabuto||Souji Tendou|
Kamen Rider Den-O
|Kamen Rider Kiva||Wataru Kurenai|
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Double
|Philip & Shotaro Hidari|
Kamen Rider OOO
|Kamen Rider Fourze||Gentaro Kisaragi|
|Kamen Rider Wizard||Haruto Soma|
|Kamen Rider Gaim||Kouta Kazuraba|
|Kamen Rider Drive||Shinnosuke Tomari|
|Kamen Rider Ghost||Takeru Tenkuji|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid||Emu Hojo|
Kamen Rider Build
Other Legend Riders
|Kamen Rider G||Goro|
Kamen Rider Kuuga
|Yusuke Godai (2015 manga)|
|Kamen Rider Zangetsu||Takatora Kureshima|
|Kamen Rider Brain||Brain|
Kamen Sentai Gorider
And Introducing Zero-One
Kamen Rider Zero-One
|Aruto Hiden |
|Drive Driver||Krim Steinbelt |
Kamen Rider Barlckxs
Kamen Rider Zonjis
Kamen Rider Zamonas
- Sougo Tokiwa (常磐ソウゴ Tokiwa Sōgo): So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō)
- Geiz Myoukouin (明光院 ゲイツ Myōkōin Geitsu): Gaku Oshida (押田 岳 Oshida Gaku)
- Tsukuyomi (ツクヨミ): Shieri Ohata (大幡 しえり Ōhata Shieri)
- Woz (ウォズ Wozu): Keisuke Watanabe (渡邊 圭祐 Watanabe Keisuke)
- Junichiro Tokiwa (常磐 順一郎 Tokiwa Jun'ichirō): Katsuhisa Namase (生瀬 勝久 Namase Katsuhisa)
- Ziku-Driver, Ridewatch, Ohma Zi-O Voices: Rikiya Koyama (小山 力也 Koyama Rikiya)
- Ziku-Driver Voice: Yohei Onishi (大西 洋平 Ōnishi Yōhei)
- BeyonDriver Voice: AFRO (アフロ Afuro)
- SOUGO Tokiwa (常磐
SOUGOTokiwa Sōgo): ISSA
- Kagen (カゲン): Papaya Suzuki (パパイヤ鈴木 Papaiya Suzuki)
- Jogen (ジョウゲン Jōgen): Syuusuke Saito (斉藤 秀翼 Saitō Shūsuke)
- Oda Nobunaga (織田 信長 Oda Nobunaga): Tomoya Maeno (前野朋哉 Maeno Tomoya)
- Gyuzo (牛三 Gyūzō): Jiei Wakabayashi (若林時英 Wakabayashi Jiei)
- Clara Steinbelt (クララ・スタインベルト Kurara Sutainberuto): Eru Aoba (蒼葉える Aoba Eru)
- Takeshi Kinashi (木梨猛 Kinashi Takeshi): Noritake Kinashi (木梨憲武 Kinashi Noritake)
- Sotaro Tokiwa (常磐 宗太郎 Tokiwa Sōtarō): Keizo Nagashima (永島敬三 Nagashima Keizō)
- Namie Tokiwa (常磐 奈美恵 Tokiwa Namie): Shoko Imayoshi (今吉 祥子 Imayoshi Shōko)
- Pietro (ピエトロ Pietoro): Caleb Bryant (ケイレブ・ブライアント Keirebu Buraianto)
- Quartzer Member: DA PUMP (YORI, TOMO, KIMI, U-YEAH, KENZO, DAICHI)
- Sougo Tokiwa (Child): Haru Takagi (高木波瑠 Takagi Haru)
- Go Shijima (詩島 剛 Shijima Gō): Yu Inaba (稲葉 友 Inaba Yū)
- Krim Steinbelt (クリム・スタインベルト Kurimu Sutainberuto): Chris Peppler (クリス・ペプラー Kurisu Pepurā)
- Voice recordings from past series
- Kamen Rider Kuuga (仮面ライダークウガ Kamen Raidā Kūga, Voice): Joe Odagiri (オダギリ ジョー Odagiri Jō)
- Kamen Rider Agito (仮面ライダーアギト Kamen Raidā Agito, Voice): Toshiki Kashu (賀集 利樹 Kashū Toshiki)
- Kamen Rider Ryuki (仮面ライダー龍騎 Kamen Raidā Ryūki, Voice): Takamasa Suga (須賀 貴匡 Suga Takamasa)
- Kamen Rider Faiz (仮面ライダーファイズ Kamen Raidā Faizu, Voice): Kento Handa (半田 健人 Handa Kento)
- Kamen Rider Blade (仮面ライダーブレイド Kamen Raidā Bureido, Voice): Takayuki Tsubaki (椿 隆之 Tsubaki Takayuki)
- Kamen Rider Hibiki (仮面ライダー響鬼 Kamen Raidā Hibiki, Voice): Shigeki Hosokawa (細川 茂樹 Hosokawa Shigeki)
- Kamen Rider Kabuto (仮面ライダーカブト Kamen Raidā Kabuto, Voice): Hiro Mizushima (水嶋 ヒロ Mizushima Hiro)
- Kamen Rider Kiva (仮面ライダーキバ Kamen Raidā Kiba, Voice): Koji Seto (瀬戸 康史 Seto Kōji)
- Kamen Rider Decade (仮面ライダーディケイド Kamen Raidā Dikeido, Voice): Masahiro Inoue (井上 正大 Inoue Masahiro)
- Kamen Rider Double (仮面ライダーダブル Kamen Raidā Daburu, Voice): Renn Kiriyama (桐山 漣 Kiriyama Ren), Masaki Suda (菅田 将暉 Suda Masaki)
- Kamen Rider OOO (仮面ライダーオーズ Kamen Raidā Ōzu, Voice): Shu Watanabe (渡部 秀 Watanabe Shū)
- Kamen Rider Fourze (仮面ライダーフォーゼ Kamen Raidā Fōze, Voice): Sota Fukushi (福士 蒼汰 Fukushi Sōta)
- Kamen Rider Wizard (仮面ライダーウィザード Kamen Raidā Wizādo, Voice): Shunya Shiraishi (白石 隼也 Shiraishi Shunya)
- Kamen Rider Gaim (仮面ライダー鎧武 [ガイム] Kamen Raidā Gaimu, Voice): Gaku Sano (佐野 岳 Sano Gaku)
- Kamen Rider Zangetsu (仮面ライダー斬月 Kamen Raidā Zangetsu, Voice): Yuki Kubota (久保田 悠来 Kubota Yūki)
- Kamen Rider Drive (仮面ライダードライブ Kamen Raidā Doraibu, Voice): Ryoma Takeuchi (竹内 涼真 Takeuchi Ryōma)
- Kamen Rider Brain (仮面ライダーブレン Kamen Raidā Buren, Voice): Shota Matsushima (松島 庄汰 Matsushima Shōta)
- Kamen Rider Ghost (仮面ライダーゴースト Kamen Raidā Gōsuto, Voice): Shun Nishime (西銘 駿 Nishime Shun)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid (仮面ライダーエグゼイド Kamen Raidā Eguzeido, Voice): Hiroki Iijima (飯島 寛騎 Iijima Hiroki)
- Kamen Rider Build (仮面ライダービルド Kamen Raidā Birudo, Voice): Atsuhiro Inukai (犬飼 貴丈 Inukai Atsuhiro)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Watch used:
- Rider Armor(s) used:
- Zi-O II, GrandZi-O, Ohma Form
- GeizRevive Shippu, GeizRevive Goretsu
- Kamen Rider(s) summoned in GrandZi-O/Zi-O Ohma Form:
- Weapon(s) summoned in GrandZi-O/Zi-O Ohma Form:
- Bike Used:
- Form Change: Signal Mach
- Signal Exchange:
- Form Used:
- Cards used
- Survive Rekka
- Weapons/Powers summoned:
- Drag-Visor Zwei
- Card Used:
- Kamen Rider Decade:
- Kamen Ride: Decade
- Attack Ride: N/A
- Form Ride: N/A
- Final Form Ride: N/A
- Final Attack Ride: N/A
- Final Kamen Ride: Decade Complete
- K-Touch: N/A
- Kamen Rider Decade:
- Memory Used:
- Soul - Cyclone, Xtreme
- Body - Joker, Xtreme
- Half Changes:
- CycloneJoker, CycloneJokerXtreme
- Lock Used:
- Orange, Kachidoki, Kiwami
- Arms Change:
- Weapons summoned in Kiwami Arms:
- to be determined
- Car Used:
- Tire Blending used in Type Tridoron:
- Gashat Used:
- Level Used:
- Bottle used:
- Biotic: Rabbit
- Abiotic: Tank
- Other: Genius
- Form(s) used:
- RabbitTank Form, Genius Form
- Key Used:
- Rising Hopper, Flying Falcon
- Form Used:
- Rising Hopper, Flying Falcon
- Instead of inserting Rider Pass into DenKamen Sword, Den-O accessed Liner Form by dialing K-Taros, a method used for accessing Climax Form by Imagin.
- This is the second summer film to be released in July.
- This is the first movie to be released in the Reiwa era.
- As with Build's summer film, this movie is also named after its series' theme song, with the film's theme song being sung by the featuring artist of the show's theme song.
- Although this film is promoted as the final chapter to the Heisei era Kamen Rider series, its three villainous Riders' names and designs take elements from and represent series that have aired in the Heisei Era, but do not fall under the Heisei series classification:
- Barlckxs - Kamen Rider Black RX: The first Kamen Rider television series broadcasting in Heisei Era, but was counted as a Showa series.
- Zonjis - Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue, Kamen Rider ZO and Kamen Rider J: All 3 films were released in the Heisei Era but were counted as Showa Rider films due to the involvement of Shotaro Ishinomori.
- Zamonas - Kamen Rider Amazons: A net series based on re-imagination of a Showa Rider which premiered in the Heisei Era but not counted as a main installment of the Heisei Riders series.
- Coincidentally, all three Riders' name end with same pronunciation: ス (su).
- Krim Steinbelt's ancestor living in Sengoku period Japan is a reference to the fact his actor, Chris Peppler, is an actual descendant of Akechi Mitsuhide, a Sengoku period warlord who betrayed and murdered Oda Nobunaga.
- This film marks the first on-screen appearance of:
- Licensed debut of Takeshi Kinashi/Kamen Norider in Kamen Rider Series since the original parody show was discontinued after the production team received a lawyer's letter from Toei's Ministry of Law department in 1991.
- Kamen Rider G after his one-off debut special Kamen Rider G.
- Yusuke Godai from the alternate continuity of the Kamen Rider Kuuga manga.
- Kamen Rider Zangetsu Kachidoki Arms since his appearance in the stage play, Kamen Rider Zangetsu Stage -Gaim Gaiden-.
- Some Kamen Riders (plus Ankh's hand) can be spotted in the background of the movie poster but they didn't show up in the actual movie:
- Kamen Rider G3-X
- Kamen Rider Zolda
- Kamen Rider Orga
- Kamen Rider Caucasus
- Kamen Rider Ixa Burst Mode
- Kamen Rider Skull
- Kamen Rider Eternal
- Kamen Rider Birth
- Kamen Rider Meteor
- Kamen Rider Beast
- Kamen Rider Baron
- Kamen Rider Ryugen
- Kamen Rider 3
- Kamen Rider Dark Drive
- Kamen Rider Genm Zombie Gamer
- Kamen Rider Poppy
- Kamen Rider Grease
- ↑ https://twitter.com/toei_rider_ZIO/status/1104549180809273344
- ↑ https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/312544
- ↑ https://youtu.be/5-Z0NOfi6rk
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20190609-840265/
- ↑ https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/341180
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Bo4-AcgOY
- ↑ https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190525-00000030-mantan-ent
- ↑ https://dengekionline.com/articles/2383/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Ben77878871/status/1143548543916859392
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DAPUMPJP/status/1139148512048734208
- ↑ http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2019/03/japan-enters-the-reiwa-era-on-may-1st/