|This article is about a/an movie in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer (劇場版 仮面ライダージオウ Over Quartzer（オーヴァー クォーツァー） Gekijō-ban Kamen Raidā Jiō Ōvā Kwōtsā) is a Japanese superhero film that serves as the Summer movie adaptation and alternate ending of Kamen Rider Zi-O, double billed with Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger The Movie: Time Slip! Dinosaur Panic!!. Set in branched timeline while serving as a tribute to Kamen Rider Drive and the Heisei-era as a whole, Sougo comes face to face with Quartzer, who intend to wipe Kamen Rider Drive from history and conspire against his kingship. Ahead of his in-series debut, the film features an early-bird appearance of Kamen Rider Zero-One, the first Rider to helm the Reiwa-era.
The catchphrases for the movie are "The Final Chapter of Heisei Kamen Riders" (平成仮面ライダー、最終章。 Heisei Kamen Raidā, Saishūshō.) and "Break through the Eras, Change the Future." (時代を壊せ、未来を変えろ。 Jidai wo Kowase, Mirai wo Kaero.).
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Continuity and Placement
- 3 Plot
- 4 Characters
- 5 Cast
- 6 Forms and Collectibles Used
- 6.1 Ridewatches
- 6.2 Miridewatches
- 6.3 Signal Bikes
- 6.4 Advent Cards
- 6.5 Rouse Cards
- 6.6 Fuestles
- 6.7 Rider Cards
- 6.8 Gaia Memories
- 6.9 O Medals
- 6.10 Astroswitches
- 6.11 Wizard Rings
- 6.12 Lockseeds
- 6.13 Shift Cars
- 6.14 Eyecons
- 6.15 Rider Gashats
- 6.16 Fullbottles
- 6.17 Progrisekeys
- 6.18 Other Form Changes
- 7 Theme song
- 8 International Releases
- 9 Errors
- 10 Deleted Scenes
- 11 Notes
- 12 External Links
- 13 References
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: This movie serves as an alternate ending to the TV series after episode 43. The events of Kamen Rider Zi-O: Final Stage takes place shortly after this, where the events of the finale are said to take place in "another timeline".
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Because this film takes place in an alternate timeline separate from the main one, it is not connected to the series and follows an alternate Zero-One that resides in Over Quartzer's timeline as a result of Sougo's precognitive abilities.
Soon afterwards, Sougo, Geiz, Tsukuyomi and Woz receive a call for help from both Go Shijima and Krim Steinbelt, who plead for the four to go back in time and protect Krim's ancestor from being killed, which would result in Drive's history disappearing in the process. The team follow through this request and travel to 1575, during the prelude of the famed Battle of Nagashino. Sougo and Geiz infiltrate Oda Nobunaga's ranks, but Geiz ends up taking Nobunaga's place as Nobunaga runs off and tries to court Clara Steinbelt. Discovering her identity as Krim's ancestor, they move in to protect her from being attacked by Kamen Rider Zonjis and Kamen Rider Zamonas.
As the Battle for Nagashino began, a cowardly Nobunaga pleads Geiz to take his place, which he does. The Nobunaga army wins as history tells, but Geiz later calls Nobunaga out for "changing history". Sougo decides to let Nobunaga do what he wants, as this was "his present". He compares this to when Geiz and Tsukuyomi first came to his timeline, where they were sure Sougo would inevitably become Ohma Zi-O. But with the future having been proven possible to be changed, Souga refraines from forcing Nobunaga into a role he doesn't desire.
After delivering Clara Steinbelt back to her lover Pietro, the team return to 2019, where Krim and Go wait for them and give Sougo the Drive and Mach Ridewatches. However, Woz steals the Ridewatches and presents them to his "true" leader, SOUGO Tokiwa. As a member of Quartzer, it's their job to control all of history to SOUGO's demands, while essentially making Sougo a "kagemusha" of the true SOUGO. SOUGO transforms into Barlckxs and defeats Sougo, later confining him in prison.
An imprisoned Sougo angrily asks why Woz betrayed him, which he responded that his true loyalty always lied with SOUGO before leaving, saying he was proud to have called Sougo his "king" before he departs. Sougo then spoke to another inmate, Takeshi Kinashi, who tells Sougo to owe up to his destiny as the "chosen one". An enraged Geiz later arrives and fights Woz, attempting to convince him to return to them. This served as a distraction to allow Tsukuyomi and Go to release Sougo.
Sougo faces Barlckxs again, but he's easily defeated once more as Barlckxs claims that the power of the Heisei era can't affect him. In the middle of the city, SOUGO declares his true goal: through the Ridewatches in his possession, he'd unify the Heisei era, which was broken in unconnected and unfitting settings, rebuilding everything in a unified world view under his control. With the Dai Mazines activating, a singularity is created and everything from the Heisei era of the current world begins being absorbed into it. The first step before the birth of his new world, and even Sougo is pulled towards it.
However, after losing consciousness, Sougo wakes up in a strange dimension instead of perishing. Witnessing past memories of himself as a child, playing with his parents, Sougo watches as his younger self declares that he'll become a king in the future. In the end, these memories turn out to be little more than illusion, as Sougo suddenly appears in a deserted wasteland in 2068. Once there, he is greeted by Ohma Zi-O himself. The future demon king explains that SOUGO's claims are true, and Sougo was never born to be king. In spite of that, his dream leads Sougo to become Ohma Zi-O. Sougo chooses to embrace his dream, even if he wasn't born to do it.
Awakening back in the present, Sougo declares that he wants to be king to help the world, not to rule over it, when the Ohma Zi-O Ridewatch materializes in his hand. Sougo transforms into Zi-O OhmaForm as a gigantic projection of Ohma Zi-O appeared behind him. Witnessing this, Woz makes a grand speech about Zi-O OhmaForm being the advent of a new history that wasn't in his book. Finally, Zi-O landed in front of Zonjis and Zamonas.
Zi-O OhmaForm's arrival is followed by Go Shijima recovering his powers and all main Heisei Riders reappear to join the battle against the Quartzers. Riders also start materializing from alternative dimensions, such as games (The Goriders), theater posters (Kamen Rider Zangetsu Kachidoki) and even manga (Kuuga). They all help fight the army of Kasshines that appeared across the city. Witnessing Sougo’s quality as the one true king, Woz renounces his Quartzer membership in front of SOUGO, before he tears his Ohma Advent Calendar apart, stating that history is not set in stone, and that his allegience belonged to the Heisei Riders.
With the destruction of his beloved book, the pages fly into space and alter the singularity's functions. The Dai-Mazines that appeared in space quickly lose their power source and fall like meteors to the ground, with all 19 previous Heisei Kamen Riders henshining into their final forms.
Just as Woz revels in the Heisei Riders victory, Barlckxs throws his Revolcane and fatally wounds Woz. Geiz then appeared to support Woz and declared for everyone to stand with their True King. Witnessing Zi-O OhmaForm gallantly battling with Barlckxs and succeeded in destroying the remaining Dai Mazines, Woz passed away. The Heisei Riders also successfully defeat Zonjis and Zamonas. Cornered, Barlckxs then uses Kamen Rider Black RX BioRider and J's Ridewatch to transform into a liquefied giant and attacking all Heisei Riders present. However, Sougo remains defiant. He, with all the main Heisei Riders, then use their combined Rider Kicks and penetrate Barlckxs last shield (a gigantic, liquefied board), dealing the finishing blow. In disbelief, Barlckxs shows the damaged board, now imprinted with Heisei in Kanji before exploding, killing the Leader of Quartzer for good.
With the defeat of Barlckxs, Geiz and Tsukuyomi disappeared because the future is now unknown. In spite of that, they're happy because it means they accomplished their mission. The other Quartzer reappear before Sougo Tokiwa, asking if he is fine with the world as it is, disjointed and lacking unity, and he replies that he is fine with it because life is like that. They tell him they're interested in seeing how his future will turn out.
When returning home, Geiz, Tsukuyomi and Woz are mysteriously restored, waiting for him.
Back in the scene of the battle, Kamen Rider Zonjis has recovered. He claims to be the one who will rule over the Reiwa era. However, the Rider from Sougo's dream, Kamen Rider Zero-One appears and announces he is the first Kamen Rider of the Reiwa era.
Zero-One fends off the Kasshines and defeats Zonjis using Flying Falcon, putting an end to his ambitions.
Kamen Rider Zi-O
Kamen Rider Geiz
Kamen Rider Woz
Kamen Rider Ohma Zi-O
|Kamen Rider Kuuga||Yusuke Godai|
Yusuke Godai (2015 manga)
|Kamen Rider Agito||Shoichi Tsugami|
|Kamen Rider Ryuki||Shinji Kido|
Kamen Rider Faiz
|Kamen Rider Blade||Kazuma Kenzaki|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki||Hitoshi Hidaka|
|Kamen Rider Kabuto||Soji Tendo|
|Kamen Rider Den-O||Ryotaro Nogami/Momotaros|
Kamen Rider Kiva
|Kamen Rider G||Goro|
|Kamen Rider Decade||Tsukasa Kadoya|
Kamen Rider Double
|Philip & Shotaro Hidari|
Kamen Rider OOO
|Kamen Rider Fourze||Gentaro Kisaragi|
|Kamen Rider Wizard||Haruto Soma|
|Kamen Rider Gaim||Kouta Kazuraba|
|Kamen Rider Zangetsu||Takatora Kureshima|
|Kamen Rider Drive||Shinnosuke Tomari|
|Kamen Rider Mach||Go Shijima|
|Kamen Rider Chaser||Chase (flashback)|
|Kamen Rider Brain||Brain|
|Kamen Rider Ghost||Takeru Tenkuji|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid||Emu Hojo|
Kamen Rider Build
Kamen Sentai Gorider
And Introducing Zero-One
|Kamen Rider Zero-One||Aruto Hiden|
|Drive Driver||Krim Steinbelt|
|Kikaider 01 (deleted footage)|
Kamen Rider Barlckxs
Kamen Rider Zonjis
Kamen Rider Zamonas
- Swartz (flashback)
|Gold Drive||Tenjuro Banno (flashback)|
- Sougo Tokiwa (常磐ソウゴ Tokiwa Sōgo): So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō)
- Geiz Myokoin (明光院 ゲイツ Myōkōin Geitsu): Gaku Oshida (押田 岳 Oshida Gaku)
- Tsukuyomi (ツクヨミ): Shieri Ohata (大幡 しえり Ōhata Shieri)
- Woz (ウォズ Wozu): Keisuke Watanabe (渡邊 圭祐 Watanabe Keisuke)
- Junichiro Tokiwa (常磐 順一郎 Tokiwa Jun'ichirō): Katsuhisa Namase (生瀬 勝久 Namase Katsuhisa)
- Ziku-Driver, Ridewatch, Ohma Zi-O Voices: Rikiya Koyama (小山 力也 Koyama Rikiya)
- Ziku-Driver Voice: Yohei Onishi (大西 洋平 Ōnishi Yōhei)
- Beyondriver Voice: AFRO (アフロ Afuro)
- SOUGO Tokiwa (常磐SOUGO Tokiwa Sōgo): ISSA
- Kagen (カゲン): Papaya Suzuki (パパイヤ鈴木 Papaiya Suzuki)
- Jogen (ジョウゲン Jōgen): Syuusuke Saito (斉藤 秀翼 Saitō Shūsuke)
- Oda Nobunaga (織田 信長 Oda Nobunaga): Tomoya Maeno (前野朋哉 Maeno Tomoya)
- Gyuzo (牛三 Gyūzō): Jiei Wakabayashi (若林時英 Wakabayashi Jiei)
- Clara Steinbelt (クララ・スタインベルト Kurara Sutainberuto): Eru Aoba (蒼葉える Aoba Eru)
- Takeshi Kinashi (木梨猛 Kinashi Takeshi): Noritake Kinashi (木梨憲武 Kinashi Noritake)
- Sotaro Tokiwa (常磐 宗太郎 Tokiwa Sōtarō): Keizo Nagashima (永島敬三 Nagashima Keizō)
- Namie Tokiwa (常磐 奈美恵 Tokiwa Namie): Shoko Imayoshi (今吉 祥子 Imayoshi Shōko)
- Pietro (ピエトロ Pietoro): Caleb Bryant
- Quartzer Member: DA PUMP (YORI, TOMO, KIMI, U-YEAH, KENZO, DAICHI)
- Sougo Tokiwa (Child): Haru Takagi (高木波瑠 Takagi Haru)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One (仮面ライダーゼロワン Kamen Raidā Zerowan, Voice): Fumiya Takahashi (高橋文哉 Takahashi Fumiya)
- Go Shijima (詩島 剛 Shijima Gō): Yu Inaba (稲葉 友 Inaba Yū)
- Krim Steinbelt (クリム・スタインベルト Kurimu Sutainberuto): Chris Peppler (クリス・ペプラー Kurisu Pepurā)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Watch used:
- Rider Armor(s) used:
- Zi-O II, GrandZi-O, OhmaForm
- GeizRevive Shippu, GeizRevive Goretsu
- Kamen Rider(s) summoned in GrandZi-O:
- Weapon(s) summoned in GrandZi-O/Zi-O OhmaForm:
- Bike Used:
- Form Change: Signal Mach
- Signal Exchange: N/A
- Form Used:
- Cards used
- Sword Vent, Dragreder, Survive Rekka
- Weapons/Powers summoned:
- Dragsaber, Drag-Visor Zwei
- Form Used:
- Ryuki, Ryuki Survive
- Rouse Card Use:
- Change, Evolution
- Form used:
- Blade, King Form
- Fuestle Used:
- Kivats and Demon Arsenal used:
- Kivat-Bat the 3rd ,Tatsulot
- Forms Used:
- Kiva, Emperor
- Card Used:
- Kamen Rider Decade:
- Kamen Ride: Decade
- Attack Ride: N/A
- Form Ride: N/A
- Final Form Ride: N/A
- Final Attack Ride: N/A
- Final Kamen Ride: Decade Complete
- K-Touch: N/A
- Kamen Rider Decade:
- Memory Used:
- Soul - Cyclone, Xtreme
- Body - Joker, Xtreme
- Half Changes:
- CycloneJoker, CycloneJokerXtreme
- Medal Used:
- Head - Taka, Ptera
- Arms - Tora, Tricera
- Legs - Batta, Tyranno
- Combo Changes:
- Tatoba Combo, Putotyra Combo
- Astroswitch Used:
- Circle - Rocket, Cosmic
- Cross - Launcher
- Triangle - Drill
- Square - Radar
- States Used:
- Basestates, Cosmicstates
- Wizard Ring Used:
- Flame, Dragorise, Infinity
- Style Changes:
- Flame Style, Infinity Style
- Lock Used:
- Orange, Kachidoki, Kiwami
- Shin Kachidoki
- Arms Change:
- Weapons summoned in Kiwami Arms:
- Car Used:
- Tire Blending used in Type Tridoron:
- Gashat Used:
- Level Used:
- Bottle used:
- Biotic: Rabbit
- Abiotic: Tank
- Other: Genius
- Form(s) used:
- RabbitTank Form, Genius Form
- Key Used:
- Rising Hopper, Flying Falcon
- Form Used:
- Rising Hopper, Flying Falcon
Other Form Changes
- Kuuga: Mighty, Ultimate
- Agito: Ground, Shining
- Faiz: Faiz, Blaster Form
- Hibiki: Hibiki, Armed
- Kabuto: Rider Form, Hyper Form
- Den-O: Sword Form, Liner Form
- The film saw its first international release in Thailand for a limited time starting on August 31, 2019, with both a Thai dub and the original Japanese-language showing with Thai subtitles.
- The film was also released in Malaysia on October 19, 2019, available with both a Malaysian dub and the original Japanese-language with Malaysian subtitles.
- The film was also released in Singapore on November 23, 2019.
- The film was also released in Hong Kong on November 28, 2019, available in the original Japanese-language with Cantonese subtitles. It was also released in Taiwan on December 13, 2019, available in Japanese language with Traditional Chinese subtitles.
- The film also began streaming in China's Mainland on Tencent Video starting on January 8, 2020. An opening night ceremony for the film was held on December 21 in Shanghai prior to the release.
- In 2020, the film was made available on iTunes in Southeast Asia. 
- The sounds for each of Go's transformation into Mach were mistimed as the sounds appeared to be delayed.
- Similar delays in sound occur during the scene where the past Riders all transform into their final forms.
- When Jogen activates his Ridewatch, the Anotherwatch activation sound is played instead of the standard Ridewatch sound.
- After Go gave Sougo the Mach Ridewatch, the timeline changed and he lost his memories. However, he suddenly regains his memories back in the next scenes.
- When GrandZi-O fighting with Barlckxs, a "Kabuto" sound is played, however, there is no sign for Kabuto being summoned.
- When the dragons were summoned, Wizardragon appears in the real world despite him still trapped within Haruto's Underworld and can only be AxeCalibur when Wizard assumes Infinity Form though it is possible that he utilized the Miracle Wizard Ring.
- Instead of inserting Rider Pass into DenKamen Sword, Den-O accessed Liner Form by dialing K-Taros first before attaching it to his belt, a method used for accessing Climax Form by Imagin. However, the K-Taros is used on his belt in Liner Form.
- When OOO transforms into Putotyra Combo, the scanning sound is heard twice.
- During filming, Kikaider 01 was introduced by Woz in front of the civilians, likely as an intentional misdirect by the producers and crew as a means to hide the reveal of Kamen Rider Zero-One from the extras on set, while still getting the scene to work as intended due to the similarities in both characters' names (Kikaider 01 and Zero-One). Zero-One's scenes were later filmed separately, replacing Kikaider 01 entirely, with Zero-One being digitally superimposed over the background of the audience in some scenes.
- Barlckxs was supposed to have a sword fight against Zi-O OhmaForm, however this was cut for unknown reasons.
- Ridewatch Count at movie end
- Watches in Zi-O's possession: Zi-O, OOO Tajadol Combo, Kodama, Zi-O II, Zi-OTrinity, Chalice, GrandZi-O, Mach, Ohma Zi-O, Phone, Bike
- Watches in Geiz's possession: Geiz, Cross-Z, Genm, Knight, GeizRevive, Phone, Bike
- Watches in Tsukuyomi's possession: Phone, Taka
- Watches in Woz’s possession: Woz, Shinobi, Quiz, Kikai, Ginga, Phone
- Watches in unknown possession: Barlckxs, Zonjis, Zamonas, Black RX, Roborider, Biorider, Shin, ZO, J, Amazon Omega, Amazon Alpha, Amazon Neo
- This is the first Summer movie in the Heisei Phase 2 era to serve as an alternate ending to the series.
- This is the second summer film to be released in July.
- This is the first movie to be released in the Reiwa era.
- As with Build's summer film, this movie is also named after its series' theme song, with the film's theme song being sung by the featuring artist of the show's theme song.
- Its three villainous Riders' names and designs take elements from and represent series that have aired in the Heisei Era, but do not fall under the Heisei series classification:
- Barlckxs - Kamen Rider Black RX: The first Kamen Rider television series broadcasting in the Heisei Era, starting with Episode 11.
- Zonjis - Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue, Kamen Rider ZO, and Kamen Rider J: All 3 films were released in the Heisei Era but were counted as Showa Rider films due to the involvement of Shotaro Ishinomori.
- Zamonas - Kamen Rider Amazons: A net series based on re-imagination of a Showa Rider which premiered in the Heisei Era but not counted as a main installment of the Heisei Riders series.
- Coincidentally, all three Riders' names end with the same pronunciation: ス (su).
- It is the only Kamen Rider Zi-O movie to not feature any Another Rider.
- Some Kamen Riders (as well as Ankh's hand) can be seen in the background of the movie poster but they did not appear up in the actual movie: G3-X, Zolda, Orga, Caucasus, Ixa, Skull, Eternal, Birth, Meteor, Beast, Baron, Ryugen, 3, Dark Drive, Genm Zombie Gamer, Poppy, & Grease.
- Krim Steinbelt's ancestor living in the Sengoku period Japan is a reference to the fact his actor, Chris Peppler, is an actual descendant of Akechi Mitsuhide, a Sengoku period warlord who betrayed and murdered Oda Nobunaga.
- In the first act, Go mentions that he fought "forces from the future" before, referring to the events of Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future.
- Kamen Rider Shinobi's transformation jingle could be heard in some of the Sengoku Period scenes.
- A new transformation sequence of GrandZi-O is featured in this movie, as the Legend Rider statue is larger, and appearing in the sky instead of from the ground.
- Kamen Rider 1's transformation sounds can be heard during Kamen Norider's conversation with Sougo.
- Kamen Rider Decade appears in his original Decadriver, instead of the NeoDecadriver version obtained in TV series. Producer Shinichiro Shirakura revealed that this version of Decade originates from 2009.
- This isn't the first instance where Decade uses his original Decadriver again as shown in Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER, although the difference is that the latter film takes place before his appearance in Zi-O.
- This film marks the first on-screen appearance of:
- The licensed debut of Takeshi Kinashi/Kamen Norider in the Kamen Rider Series since the original parody show was discontinued after the production team received Toei's warning in 1991.
- Kamen Rider G after his one-off debut special Kamen Rider G.
- Yusuke Godai from the alternate continuity of the Kamen Rider Kuuga manga.
- Kamen Rider Zangetsu Kachidoki Arms since his appearance in the stage play, Kamen Rider Zangetsu Stage -Gaim Gaiden-.
- How Sougo's acquisition of OhmaForm affected Tsukuyomi's existence is not revealed in the movie, as she belongs to a different timeline.
- After the post-credits scene, the film is dedicated to Yoshinori Watanabe, who sadly passed away in 2019.
- In one scene, Woz breaks the fourth wall, explaining that if he dressed up, the "viewers" would be confused.
- In a later scene, when Woz explains the Heisei Riders to an imprisoned Sougo, he breaks the fourth wall again but with more subtlety than before.
- After Woz resigns from being a Quartzer, he breaks the fourth wall by thanking the audience for joining him on his journey before proclaiming that he'll live how he wants to.