|This article is about a/an series entry (the 30th) in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|WARNING: This series contains scenes of gun violence, graphic violence, and blood. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kamen Rider Zero-One (仮面ライダーゼロワン Kamen Raidā Zerowan) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the first series to debut during the Reiwa period and the thirtieth overall. The series premiered on September 1, 2019, joining Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger in the Super Hero Time line-up after the finale of Kamen Rider Zi-O. After Ryusoulger concluded on March 1, 2020, the series was joined in the Super Hero Time lineup with Mashin Sentai Kiramager on March 8, 2020. After Kamen Rider Zero-One concluded on August 30, 2020, Kiramager currently airs alongside Kamen Rider Saber in the Super Hero Time block.
The catchphrase for the series is "There's only one strongest company president in the world! And It's me! (世界最強の社長はただひとり！オレだ！ Sekai saikyō no shachō wa tada hitori! Ore da!).
- 1 Production
- 2 Plot
- 3 Characters
- 3.1 Kamen Riders
- 3.2 Allies
- 3.3 Villains
- 4 Episodes
- 5 Other Media
- 6 Cast
- 7 Songs
- 8 Notes
- 9 References
- 10 External Links
Development for the show had begun during the summer of 2018. Producer Takahito Omori had visited several technological institutes and spoke with many professors and experts on the topic of artificial intelligence. On April 19, 2019, Toei Company filed and confirmed the trademark for Kamen Rider Zero-One.
From this time until May, Toei held auditions for the cast, while the head writer Yuya Takahashi had completed the scripts for the first two episodes. Filming began in mid-June 2019, and the cast was introduced through a scheduled press conference in July. The series premiered on September 1, 2019.
On March 8, 2020, Kamen Rider Zero-One: The Movie was announced to premiere double-billed alongside Mashin Sentai Kiramager: The Movie on July 23, 2020.
Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, filming schedules were altered and broadcasting of new episodes was delayed following the airing of Super Hero Time on May 10, 2020, which included Episode 35 of Zero-One and Episode 10 of Mashin Sentai Kiramager. Ultimately, the release of Kamen Rider Zero-One: The Movie was postponed, and its fate left unclear.
With the show on hiatus, resulting in a reduced episode count of 45 from the originally planned 49, the production team had to make script changes from Episode 39 onwards.
- The appearance of Kamen Rider Ark-Zero and Williamson Yotagaki were kept intact from the original plans. Ark-Zero was introduced much earlier than anticipated, appearing in the President Special miniseries.
- Further writing were temporarily ceased, only having written up to Episodes 38 & 39, leaving Gai Amatsu's redemption storyline to be shortened down.
- The show would've almost ended at episode 41 because by the time production finished the last episode, Kamen Rider Saber had finished filming the first two episodes.
- In the original scripts, Aruto Hiden and Kamen Rider Ark-One were originally two different entities, but was revised to instead have the two be the same person as a result of Izu's death by Horobi.
- Owing to long time Kamen Rider suit actor Seiji Takaiwa being casted as Horobi's suit actor, the long-term plan for the show's ending would be to have Horobi fight against Zero-One, but the process of how they would get there was undetermined at the time.
From May 17, 2020, to June 14, 2020, Zero-One aired a series of recap episodes for five consecutive weeks, the two-part "President Special", focusing on Aruto and Izu, the "Shooting Special" focusing on Isamu and Yua, and the two-part "Super Job War" focusing on the Humagears throughout the series. In Kiramager, similar recap episodes alongside a televised broadcast of Episode ZERO and a special director's cut of Episode 1 and 2 were aired. During the airing of these recap episodes, both shows featured early bird appearances from future characters.
Shortly after Japan lifted its state of emergency on May 25, 2020, Toei announced that both Zero-One and Kiramager would resume filming with newly placed guidelines during filming to control any further spreading of the virus. New episodes of both series resumed airing on June 21, 2020. On June 22, 2020, Toei announced that both Zero-One and Kiramager's summer films would be postponed until a new release date can be determined.. The series wrapped up filming on August 4, 2020 and the finale aired on August 30, 2020.
After the show's finale, it was announced that Kamen Rider Zero-One: The Movie was to premiere in the following winter, no longer doubled-billed with Mashin Sentai Kiramanger: The Movie as it was pushed to the following spring. On September 12, 2020, Toei revealed a movie-exclusive form for Zero-One to appear in the film. From September to October, the cast relocated across Japan for Kamen Rider Zero-One: Final Stage performances, while the October issue of Televi-kun revealed production images and some plot details for the movie. In October, Kamen Rider Saber: The Movie was announced to premiere double-billed with Kamen Rider Zero-One: The Movie, in lieu of a Movie War crossover. In the same month, additional cast members for both films were revealed. In November, the films' official titles were revealed to be Kamen Rider Zero-One: REAL×TIME and Kamen Rider Saber: The Phoenix Swordsman and the Book of Ruin, alongside several posters in its marketing campaign. Both films premiered side-to-side in Japanese theaters on December 18, 2020.
- "Humagears, robots equipped with artificial intelligence, offer direct job support in our day and age. A young president of a technology company specializing in A.I. technology fights to protect the dreams of others!"
- ―Opening Narration Episode 1-28, 42-44[src]
Japan has entered a new era. Hiden Intelligence, the country's most thriving technology company that specializes in artificial intelligence (AI), has developed a way to utilize these A.I.s in a humanoid form, known as the Humagear. These virtually identical humanoid androids have become a staple in everyday life, to the general public as well as the private sectors. After his grandfather's death, a young but failing stage comedian named Aruto Hiden bears witness to several terrorist attacks orchestrated by MetsubouJinrai.net, prompting the creation of an anti-Humagear military squad, A.I.M.S.. Upon inheriting his late grandfather's company and the Zero-One Driver, Aruto becomes Kamen Rider Zero-One and finds himself caught in the crossfire between MetsubouJinrai.net and ZAIA Japan, led by Gai Amatsu who wishes to rid the Humagear from society and take over the world.
|Kamen Rider Zero-One||Aruto Hiden|
Kamen Rider Vulcan
|Isamu Fuwa ►◄ Isamu Fuwa/Naki|
Kamen Rider Valkyrie
Kamen Rider Jin
Kamen Rider Horobi
Kamen Rider Ikazuchi
Kamen Rider Thouser
|Kamen Rider Ark-Zero||Ark/(Horobi ►◄ Jin ►◄ Uchuyaro Raiden)|
Kamen Rider Naki
|Kamen Rider Ark-One||Aruto Hiden|
Kamen Rider Eden
|Kamen Rider ZeroZero-One||Aruto Hiden|
Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata
Soreo Hiden (alternate timeline)
Kamen Rider Vulcan
|Isamu Fuwa (alternate timeline)|
Kamen Rider Valkyrie
|Yua Yaiba (alternate timeline)|
Kamen Rider Jin
|Jin (alternate timeline)|
Kamen Rider Horobi
|Horobi (alternate timeline)|
|Kamen Rider Abaddon||Bell|
|Kamen Rider Abaddon||Moore|
|Kamen Rider Abaddon||Lugo|
|Kamen Rider Abaddon||Buga|
|Kamen Rider Abaddon||Various|
Kamen Rider Lucifer
Kamen Rider Zero-Two
|Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai||MetsubouJinrai|
|Kamen Rider Zaia||Leon Arkland|
|Kamen Rider Ark-Zero-One||Ark & Azu|
|Kamen Rider Ark-Zero||Little Assassin|
|Kamen Rider Ark-Zero||Ark/Naki|
|Kamen Rider Ark-One||Ark|
- Jun Fukuzoe
- Sanzo Yamashita
- Korenosuke Hiden
- Soreo Hiden
- Wazu Nazotoku
- Uchuyaro Subaru
- Hakase Bot
- Dr. Omigoto
- Shinya Owada
- Matsurida Z No. 5
- Naoto Ichimori
- Yuto Sakaki
- Chiharu Ebii
- Takeshi Homura
- Higashishinagawa no Haha
- Williamson Yotagaki
Kamen Rider Zi-O
Kamen Rider Geiz
Kamen Rider Woz
Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi
|Kamen Rider Genm||Kuroto Dan|
|Kamen Rider Cronus||Masamune Dan|
|Fukkinhoukai Taro (Other users)|
|Burs ► Unnamed taxi driver ► Boketarou Tendon|
|Morifude G-Pen ► Boketarou Tendon ► Bengoshi Bingo|
|Seine Kanasawa ► Boketarou Tendon (Other users)|
|Kobe Sakamoto ► 119nosuke|
|Little Assassin ► MC Che.ck-It-Out|
|Dodo Magia Chick||Various|
Ark Magia (Berotha Type)
Ark Magia (Dodo Type)
Ark Magia (Kuehne Type)
Ark Magia (Onycho Type)
Ark Magia (Neohi Type)
Ark Magia (Mammoth Type)
|Saikyo Takumi Oyakata|
Ark Magia (Gaeru Type)
Ark Magia (Ekal Type)
Ark Magia (Arsino Type)
Crushing Buffalo Raider
Splashing Whale Raider
Dynamaiting Lion Raider
Storming Penguin Raider
Scouting Panda Raider
Fighting Jackal Raider
|Invading Horseshoe Crab Raider||Various|
Kamen Rider Zonjis
- Main article: Kamen Rider Zero-One Episodes
Each episode title includes a pronoun written in katakana instead of hiragana. They titles also include puns and references to Aruto's own speaking style and jokes.
The series is divided into four story arcs:
- Episodes 1-16 - MetsubouJinrai.net Saga: This arc introduces the main characters of the story and features the internal conflicts between Hiden Intelligence, A.I.M.S., and MetsubouJinrai.net, whom the latter seeks the extinction of the human race.
- Episodes 17-29 - ZAIA Workplace Competition Saga: This arc features the Workplace Competition, where Hiden Intelligence competes against its corporate rival, ZAIA Enterprise Japan in a battle of A.I. Meanwhile, a mysterious figure requires ZAIA's contestants to be Raiders.
- Episodes 30-35.5 - HIDEN Manufacturing Saga: In the aftermath of the Workplace Competition, Aruto establishes HIDEN Manufacturing after ZAIA Japan took over Hiden Intelligence, while MetsubouJinrai.net seeks to fully revive.
- Episodes 36-45 - Ark Saga: Aruto and his allies battle against the newly autonomous Ark in order to foil its plans in destroying all of humanity.
- I am the President and a Kamen Rider (オレが社長で仮面ライダー Ore ga Shachō de Kamen Raidā)
- Is AI The Enemy? The Ally? (AIなアイツは敵？味方？ AI na Aitsu wa Teki? Mikata?)
- That Man, Sushi Chef (ソノ男、寿司職人 Sono Otoko, Sushi Shokunin)
- The Bus Guide Saw It! Anna's Truth (バスガイドは見た！アンナ真実 Basu Gaido wa Mita! An'na Shinjitsu)
- His Passionate Path of Manga (カレの情熱まんが道 Kare no Jōnetsu Mangadō)
- I Want to Hear Your Voice (アナタの声が聞きたい Anata no Koe ga Kikitai)
- I am a Hot-Blooded Humagear Teacher! (ワタシは熱血ヒューマギア先生！ Watashi wa Nekketsu Hyūmagia Sensei)
- The Destruction Begins Now (ココからが滅びの始まり Kokokaraga Horobi no Hajimari)
- I'll Take Care of Your Life (ソノ生命、預かります Sono Seimei, Azukarimasu)
- I am an Actor, Shinya Owada (オレは俳優、大和田伸也 Ore wa Haiyū, Ōwada Shin'ya)
- Don't Stop the Camera, Stop That Guy! (カメラを止めるな、アイツを止めろ！ Kamera o Tomeru na, Aitsu o Yamero!)
- The Famous Detective is Coming (アノ名探偵がやってきた Ano mei Tantei ga Yattekita)
- I Work as the President's Secretary (ワタシの仕事は社長秘書 Watashi no Shigoto wa Shachō Hisho)
- We are the Astronaut Brothers! (オレたち宇宙飛行士ブラザーズ！ Ore-tachi Uchū Hikō-shi Burazāzu!)
- The End of Each (ソレゾレの終わり Sorezore no Owari)
- This is the Dawn of ZAIA (コレがZAIA（ザイア）の夜明け Kore ga ZAIA no Yoake)
- I am the Only President and Kamen Rider (ワタシこそが社長で仮面ライダー Watashi Koso ga Shachō de Kamen Raidā)
- This is My Floristry (コレがワタシのいける華 Kore ga Watashi no Ikeru Hana)
- She is a Home-Selling Humagear (カノジョは家売るヒューマギア Kanojo wa Ie Uru HyūmaGia)
- That is 1000% the Best House (ソレが1000％のベストハウス Sore ga Sen Pāsento no Besuto Hausu)
- Objection! That Trial (異議あり！ソノ裁判 Igiari! Sono Saiban)
- He Still Didn't Do It (ソレでもカレはやってない Soredemo Kare wa Yattenai)
- I'm in Love With Your Intelligence! (キミの知能に恋してる！ Kimi no Chinō ni Koishiteru!)
- It's Our Turn (ワタシたちの番です Watashi-tachi no Ban desu)
- I'll Save the Humagears (ボクがヒューマギアを救う Boku ga HyūmaGia o Sukuu)
- Firefighters Battling the Blaze (ワレら炎の消防隊 Ware-ra Honōnoshōbōtai)
- I Won't Give Up These Lives (ボクは命を諦めない Boku wa Inochi wo Akiramenai)
- My Rap Changes the World! (オレのラップが世界を変える！ Ore no Rappu ga Sekai o Kaeru!)
- Our Dreams Don't Break (オレたちの夢は壊れない Ore-tachi no Yume wa Kowarenai)
- After All, I am the President and a Kamen Rider (やっぱりオレが社長で仮面ライダー Yappari Ore ga Shachō de Kamen Raidā)
- Take Off Toward Your Dream! (キミの夢に向かって飛べ！ Kimi no Yume ni Mukatte Tobe!)
- My Pride! Runway Dream (ワタシのプライド！夢のランウェイ Watashi no Puraido! Yume no Ran'u~ei)
- Are Dreams Important to You? (夢がソンナに大事なのか？ Yume ga Son'na ni Daijina no ka?)
- This is the Path of Destruction (コレが滅の生きる道 Kore ga Horobi no Ikiru Michi)
- What Do Humagears Dream Of? (ヒューマギアはドンナ夢を見るか？ Hyūmagia wa Don'na Yumewomiru ka?)
- I am the Ark and a Kamen Rider (ワタシがアークで仮面ライダー Watashi ga Āku de Kamen Raidā)
- It Can't Be Stopped (ソレはダレにも止められない Sore wa Dare ni mo Tomerarenai)
- I'm 1000% Your Friend (ボクは1000％キミの友だち Boku wa Sen-Pāsento Kimi no Tomodachi)
- This Conclusion, Unpredictable (ソノ結論、予測不能 Sono Ketsuron, Yosoku Funō)
- Towards Mine And My Dream (オレとワタシの夢に向かって Ore to Watashi no Yume ni Mukatte)
- Thou, Take Thine Neighbor's Hand! (ナンジ、隣人と手をとれ! Nanji, Rinjin to Te o Tore!)
- As Long As There's Malice (ソコに悪意がある限り Soko ni Akui ga aru Kagiri)
- That is a Heart (ソレが心 Sore ga Kokoro)
- There's Only One Person Who Can Stop You (オマエを止められるのはただひとり Omae o Tome Rareru no wa Tada Hitori)
- The Future of Each (ソレゾレの未来図 Sorezore no Mirai-zu)
- Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation (仮面ライダー 令和 ザ・ファースト・ジェネレーション Kamen Raidā Reiwa Za Fāsuto Jenerēshon)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: REAL×TIME (劇場版 仮面ライダーゼロワン リアル タイム Gekijō-ban Kamen Raidā Zerowan Riarutaimu)
- Zero-One Others (ゼロワン Others Zerowan Azāzu)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Transformation Lessons (仮面ライダーゼロワン変身講座 Kamen Raidā Zerowan Henshin Kōza)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: What Will Pop Out of the Kangaroo? Think About It by Yourself! Yes! It must be me, Aruto! (仮面ライダーゼロワン カンガルーからナニが飛び出す？そんなの自分でカンガルー！はい、或人じゃないと！ Kamen Raidā Zerowan: Kangarū Kara Nani ga Tobidasu? Son'na no Jibun de Kangarū! Hai! Aruto Ja... Naito)
- A Miraculous Rematch!? Aruto VS Fukkinhoukai Taro: Fateful Gag Battle! (奇跡の転身！？アルトVS.腹筋崩壊太郎 宿命のギャグバトル! Kiseki no Tenshin! ? Aruto VS. Fukkinhōkai Tarō Shukumei no Gyagubatoru!)
- Project Thouser (プロジェクト・サウザー Purojekuto Sauzā)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: President Special (仮面ライダーゼロワン：プレジデント・スペシャル Kamen Raidā Zerowan: Purejidento Supesharu)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Shooting Special (仮面ライダーゼロワン：シューティング・スペシャル Kamen Raidā Zerowan: Shūtingu Supesharu)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Super Job War (仮面ライダーゼロワン：超（スーパー）お仕事大戦 Kamen Raidā Zerowan: Chō (Sūpā) Oshigoto Taisen)
- How Was MetsubouJinrai Created? (ナニが滅亡迅雷を創ったのか？ Nani ga MetsubōJinrai o Tsukutta no ka?)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One Short Anime: Everyone's Daily Life (仮面ライダーゼロワン・ショートアニメ: EVERYONE’S DAILY LIFE Kamen Raidā Zerowan Shōto anime)
- Kamen Rider Genms -The Presidents- (仮面ライダーゲンムズ ─ザ・プレジデンツ─ Kamen Raidā Genmuzu ─ za Purejidentsu ─)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Final Stage (仮面ライダーゼロワン ファイナルステージ Kamen Raidā Zerowan Fainaru Sutēji)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Intelligence Counterattack Chapter (幪面超人ZERO-ONE【智能逆襲篇】 Mung Min Chiu Yan Zero One Ji Nang Yik Jaap Pin)
- Aruto Hiden (飛電或人 Hiden Aruto): Fumiya Takahashi (高橋文哉 Takahashi Fumiya)
- Isamu Fuwa (不破 諫 Fuwa Isamu): Ryutaro Okada (岡田龍太郎 Okada Ryūtarō)
- Izu (イズ), Azu (アズ): Noa Tsurushima (鶴嶋乃愛 Tsurushima Noa)
- Yua Yaiba (刃 唯阿 Yaiba Yua): Hiroe Igeta (井桁弘恵 Igeta Hiroe)
- Jin (迅): Daisuke Nakagawa (中川大輔 Nakagawa Daisuke)
- Horobi (滅): Shuya Sunagawa (砂川脩弥 Sunagawa Syuya)
- Gai Amatsu (天津垓 Amatsu Gai): Nachi Sakuragi (桜木 那智 Sakuragi Nachi)
- Ikazuchi (雷): Daichi Yamaguchi (山口 大地 Yamaguchi Daichi)
- Naki (亡): Satsuki Nakayama (中山咲月 Nakayama Satsuki)
- Ark (アーク Āku): Show Hayami (速水 奨 Hayami Shō)
- Jun Fukuzoe (福添 准 Fukuzoe Jun): Kazuya Kojima (児嶋一哉 Kojima Kazuya)
- Shesta (シェスタ Shesuta): Asumi Narita (成田愛純 Narita Asumi)
- Sanzo Yamashita (山下三造 Yamashita Sanzō): Arata Saeki (佐伯 新 Saeki Arata)
- Zat (ザット Zatto, Voice): Noriko Hidaka (日高 のり子 Hidaka Noriko)
- Hiden Zero-One Driver, A.I.M.S. Shotriser, MetsubouJinrai Forceriser, ZAIA Thousandriver, ZAIA Slashriser, Zetsumeriser, Raidriser, Attache Weapons: Maynard Plant (メイナード・プラント Meinādo Puranto), Blaise Plant (ブレイズ・プラント Bureizu Puranto)
- Narration: Kōichi Yamadera (山寺 宏一 Yamadera Kōichi)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Kamen Rider Vulcan: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Valkyrie: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Jin, Kamen Rider Thouser: Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku)
- Kamen Rider Ikazuchi, Kamen Rider Jin Burning Falcon: Hajime Kanzaki (神前 元 Kanzaki Hajime)
- Kamen Rider Horobi: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Thouser: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Kamen Rider Naki: Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Main article: Kamen Rider Zero-One CD Box
- Opening theme
- Insert Themes
- "Hybrid Rise! Zero-One ~ Rising Sun"
- Artist: Tsuyoshi Himura
- "Henshin! Zero-Two～Now is the right time
- Artist: Tsuyoshi Himura
- Movie Theme
- With "zero" in Japanese and "one" in Japanized-English, Zero-One can be read as Rei Wan (零 ワン) in Japanese, referencing the fact that he is the Kamen Rider of the Reiwa era.
- The characters "zero" and "one" are known in tech, electronic and the mathematic world as Binary numbers, which is fitting for the series due to its theme of artificial intelligence.
- Coincidentally the series' release date matches the name of the show/rider (September 1st, Zero-One/01).
- Different from the Kabuto series, the transformation item also indicates the group side which the characters were sided on.
- Being the first Reiwa series, the rider designs contain several elements taken from the discarded concepts of Heisei's first, Kamen Rider Kuuga. For example:
- The main rider is based on insects (Kuuga and Zero-One), a second rider based on land creatures (Leon and Vulcan), and a third female rider (Lady and Valkyrie).
- The opening credits use the same font as Kamen Rider Zi-O but only in the episodes where the opening song is not played at the beginning of the episode.
- This series marks the first time since Hibiki where Seiji Takaiwa is not the suit actor of the main protagonist's Rider form. Instead, Takaiwa portrays Kamen Rider Horobi starting in episode 4, while Yuya Nawata took on the titular role of Zero-One.
- This is the first season since Kamen Rider Kuuga to not use the (vocal/instrumental) opening for the next episode preview. Instead, they used a standalone instrumental for the next episode preview.
- Interestingly, the first episode of each story arc has some variation of the same phrase in their titles.
- Currently, Kamen Rider Zero-One holds the record for the most transformation devices with a total of 13 units.
- Owing to COVID-19, Kamen Rider Zero-One is the first series since Kamen Rider Ex-Aid to conclude with 45 episodes and, alongside Ex-Aid is the shared second-shortest Kamen Rider series overall.
- Coincidentally, both series share the same head writer.
- This is the first series to have its standalone film to be released after the end of the series. Originally, the film was planned for a summer release, double-billed with Kiramager's standalone movie. Instead, both will be released separately after having been delayed. Zero-One's film is set to premiere in December, the month where annual Movie War films are traditionally released.
- This is also the first series to have an international airing start a week after the end of the series.
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
Heisei Era (2000-2009)
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
Reiwa Era (2019-)
|Zero-One • Saber|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|