|This article is about a/an series entry (the 31st) in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|WARNING: This series contains scenes of blood and character death. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kamen Rider Saber (仮面ライダーセイバー［聖刃］ Kamen Raidā Seibā) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the second series to debut during the Reiwa period and the thirty-first overall. The series premiered on September 6, 2020, joining Mashin Sentai Kiramager in the Super Hero Time line-up after the finale of Kamen Rider Zero-One. Starting on March 7, 2021, the series will be joined in the Super Hero Time line-up by Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.
The catchphrase for the series is "Become a writer and a swordsman!!" (文豪にして剣豪！！ Bungō ni shite kengō!!)
Toei Company confirmed and filed the trademark for Kamen Rider Saber on May 29, 2020.. On July 29, 2020 the show's logo was fully unveiled during the press conference introducing the main cast of the show. The show premiered on September 6, 2020.
In October 2020, Kamen Rider Saber: The Movie was announced to premiere double-billed with Kamen Rider Zero-One: The Movie, in lieu of both Mashin Sentai Kiramager: The Movie and a Movie War crossover. In the same month, plot details, production images, and special cast members regarding Kamen Rider Saber: The Movie were revealed. In November, the films' official titles were revealed to be Kamen Rider Zero-One: REAL×TIME and Kamen Rider Saber: The Phoenix Swordsman and the Book of Ruin, alongside several posters in its marketing campaign. Both films premiered side-to-side in Japanese theaters on December 18, 2020.
Long ago, a sect of swordsmen known as the Sword of Logos protected the Book of Ancients, a powerful tome of history that contains everything known to man; myths, creatures, stories, science, technology, and the evolution of human civilization. However thousands of years ago, a traitor working for the Megid tried to steal it for himself. As a result, the Book vanished and each of its pages scattered across the world.
Fast-forward to present day, young novelist Touma Kamiyama has been having dreams of another dimension where he witnessed swordsmen and monsters coming out of a storybook, and a "mysterious girl" calling for help. Recalling the dream sends chills down his spine, not knowing anything at all. One day, a strange phenomenon occurred without notice; a part of the city had disappeared. As people's loved ones disappear one after another, it sends the entire nation into chaos.
The vanished part of the city appeared in an alternate dimension, called Wonder World, an endless dimension as big as pages from a book. The dimension is home to magical creatures that attack without hesitation, sending the people in fear and confusion. As Touma and Mei are caught in this phenomenon, the attack reminds Touma of his dream as he is attacked by a mysterious monster.
"I will definitely bring the city back to the original world!"
As if it was responding to his very will, Touma harnesses the power of the Red Dragon as it merges into his body, turning him into the Flame Swordsman. The battle between the real world and Wonder World has an ending, and only Touma can write it as the fate of the world falls into his hands.
Kamen Rider Saber
|Daichi Kamijo ► Touma Kamiyama|
Kamen Rider Blades
|Kenshin Nagamine ► Rintaro Shindo|
Kamen Rider Espada
|Kamen Rider Buster||Ryo Ogami|
|Kamen Rider Kenzan||Ren Akamichi|
Kamen Rider Calibur
|Hayato Fukamiya ► Daichi Kamijo|
|Kamen Rider Slash||Tetsuo Daishinji|
Kamen Rider Saikou
|Kamen Rider Falchion||Bacht|
- Main article: Kamen Rider Saber Episodes
This is the second series to use a special nomenclature for its episodes, similar to the Super Sentai series; in this case, having them called "Chapters" (章 Sho).
The names for the episodes are also written like descriptive sentences, along with being broken by commas, and ending with periods. The visual effect on the title is that of an opening book, and the font used has an ancient tale aesthetic.
- Chapter 1: In The Beginning, There Was a Flame Swordsman. (はじめに、炎の剣士あり。 Hajime ni, Honō no Kenshi Ari.)
- Chapter 2: The Water Swordsman, Along With a Blue Lion. (水の剣士、青いライオンとともに。 Mizu no Kenshi, Aoi Raion to Tomo ni.)
- Chapter 3: A Father, and a Swordsman. (父であり、剣士。 Chichi de ari, Kenshi.)
- Chapter 4: I Opened the Book, Therefore. (本を開いた、それゆえに。 Hon o Aita, Sore Yue ni.)
- Chapter 5: My Friend, the Thunder Swordsman. (我が友、雷の剣士につき。 Waga Tomo, Kaminari no Kenshi ni Tsuki.)
- Chapter 6: Like the Wind, He Arrives. (疾風の如く、見参。 Hayate no Gotoku, Kenzan.)
- Chapter 7: The Sword of the King, Lies in Avalon. (王の剣、アヴァロンにあり。 Ō no Ken, Avaron ni Ari.)
- Chapter 8: The One That Is Sealed Is, Arthur. (封印されしは、アーサー。 Fūin sa Reshi wa, Āsā.)
- Chapter 9: Overlap, the Swordsman's Timbre. (重なり合う、剣士の音色。 Kasanariau, Kenshi no Neiro.)
- Chapter 10: Crossing Swords, and Crossing Feelings. (交わる剣と、交差する想い。 Majiwaru Ken to, Kōsa Suru Omoi.)
- Chapter 11: Disturbed Thunder, Spreading Dark Clouds. (乱れる雷、広がる暗雲。 Midareru Kaminari, Hirogaru An'un.)
- Chapter 12: The Promise, in that Place. (約束の、あの場所で。 Yakusoku no, Ano Basho de.)
- Chapter 13: I, Will Stay True, To My Convictions. (俺は、俺の、思いを貫く。 Ore wa, Ore no, Omoi wo Tsuranuku.)
- Chapter 14: These Feelings, Dwell in this Blade. (この思い、剣に宿して。 Kono Omoi, Ken ni Yado Shite.)
- Chapter 15: Beyond The Resolution, and Beyond. ((覚悟を超えた、その先に。 Kakugo o Koeta, Sono Sakini.)
- Chapter 16: Saving the World, A Ray of Light. (世界を救う、一筋の光。 Sekai o Sukuu, Hitosuji no Hikari.)
- Chapter 17: The Ancient Messenger, of Either Light or Shadow. (古の使者は、光か影か。 Inishie no Shisha wa, Hikari ka Kage ka.)
- Chapter 18: The Flame's Obsession, Defeating the Megid. (炎の執念、メギドを討つ。 Honō no Shūnen, Megido o Utsu.)
- Chapter 19: Flame and Light, Sword and Sword. (炎と光、剣と剣。 Honō to Hikari, Ken to Ken.)
- Kamen Rider Saber: The Phoenix Swordsman and the Book of Ruin (劇場短編 仮面ライダーセイバー［聖刃］不死鳥の剣士と破滅の書 Gekijō-tanpen Kamen Raidā Seibā Fushichou no Kenshi to Hametsu no Hon)
- Kamen Rider Saber Prologue (仮面ライダーセイバー［聖刃］序章 Kamen Raidā Seibā Joshō)
- Kamen Rider Saber Spin-off: Swordsmen Chronicles (仮面ライダーセイバー［聖刃］スピンオフ 剣士列伝 Kamen Raidā Seibā Supin'ofu Kenshi Retsuden)
- Kamen Rider Saber: Transformation Lessons (仮面ライダーセイバー変身講座 Kamen Raidā Seibā Henshin Kōza)
- Kamen Rider Saber: 7 Great Riders Transformation! Finisher! Special Supplement Issue! (仮面ライダーセイバー７ライダー変身！必殺！特別増刊号！ Kamen Raidā Seibā 7 Raidā Henshin! Hissatsu! Tokubetsu Zōkan-gō!)
- Separate Volume Kamen Rider Saber: Short Story Activity Manga Collection (別冊 仮面ライダーセイバー［聖刃］ 短編活動萬画集 Bessatsu Kamen Raidā Seibā Tanpen Katsudō Mangashū)
- TTFC Direct Theater: Kamen Rider Saber (TTFC 産直シアター 仮面ライダーセイバー TTFC Sanchoku Shiatā Kamen Raidā Seibā)
- Touma Kamiyama (神山 飛羽真 Kamiyama Tōma): Syuichiro Naito (内藤 秀一郎 Naitō Shūichirō)
- Rintaro Shindo (新堂 倫太郎 Shindō Rintarō): Takaya Yamaguchi (山口 貴也 Yamaguchi Takaya)
- Mei Sudo (須藤 芽依 Sudō Mei): Asuka Kawazu (川津 明日香 Kawazu Asuka)
- Kento Fukamiya (富加宮 賢人 Fukamiya Kento): Ryo Aoki (青木 瞭 Aoki Ryō)
- Ryo Ogami (尾上 亮 Ogami Ryō): Yuki Ikushima (生島 勇輝 Ikushima Yūki)
- Ren Akamichi (緋道 蓮 Akamichi Ren): Eiji Togashi (富樫 慧士 Togashi Eiji)
- Tetsuo Daishinji (大秦寺 哲雄 Daishinji Tetsuo): Hiroaki Oka (岡 宏明 Oka Hiroaki)
- Yuri (ユーリ Yūri): Tomohiro Ichikawa (市川 知宏 Ichikawa Tomohiro)
- Daichi Kamijo (上條 大地 Kamijō Daichi): Hiroyuki Hirayama (平山 浩行 Hirayama Hiroyuki)
- Sophia (ソフィア Sofia): Rina Chinen (知念 里奈 Chinen Rina)
- Reika Shindai (神代玲花 Shindai Reika): Angela Mei (アンジェラ 芽衣 Anjera Mei)
- Storious (ストリウス Sutoriusu): Robin Furuya (古屋 呂敏 Furuya Robin)
- Legeiel (レジエル Rejieru): Kairu Takano (高野 海琉 Takano Kairu)
- Zooous (ズオス Zuosu): Koji Saikawa (才川 コージ Saikawa Kōji)
- Desast (デザスト Dezasuto, Voice): Kōki Uchiyama (内山 昂輝 Uchiyama Kōki)
- Tassel (タッセル Tasseru): Les Romanesques TOBI (レ・ロマネスクTOBI Re Romanesuku Tobī)
- Narrator, Seiken Swordriver, Wonder Ride Books: Akio Otsuka (大塚 明夫 Ōtsuka Akio)
- Seiken Swordriver: Eizo Sakamoto (坂本 英三 Sakamoto Eizou)
- Kamen Rider Saber: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Blades: Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku)
- Kamen Rider Espada: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Kamen Rider Buster: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō)
- Kamen Rider Kenzan: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Calibur: Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji)
- Kamen Rider Slash: Hirotsugu Mori (森 博嗣 Mori Hirotsugu)
- Kamen Rider Saikou Saikou Shadow: Makoto Arakawa (荒川 真 Arakawa Makoto)
- Storious: Takuma Komori (小森 拓真 Komori Takuma)
- Legeiel: Danki Sakae (榮 男樹 Sakae Danki)
- Zooous: Shogo Teramoto (寺本 翔悟 Teramoto Shōgo)
- Desast: Kazuya Okada (岡田 和也 Okada Kazuya)
- ALMIGHTY ~ Kamen no Yakusoku (ALMIGHTY ~ 仮面の約束 Ōrumaiti ~ Kamen no Yakusoku)
- "Kamen Rider Saber'" (仮面ライダーセイバー Kamen Raidā Seibā)
- This is the second season in the entire franchise to have a special nomenclature for its episodes, the first being Hibiki.
- This is the first season since Kamen Rider Hibiki to have ending credits and also the first season in the Reiwa Era to have ending credits.
- It is also the first season in the entire franchise to have an ending dance sequence, which was often typically performed in the Super Sentai series.
- This is the first season since Kamen Rider Drive to have an "Episode 0", though this Episode 0 aired before the season premiere instead of after.
- Like with Kamen Rider Ghost, this series has frequent use of stock footage transformation and finisher sequences.
- The special text featured prominently throughout the show (most notably in the Wonder Ride Books) is, in fact, stylized letters of the Latin alphabet turned 90° counter-clockwise.
- Production-wise, it is the second series in general not to have the titular rider make a cameo in the previous series since the trend began.
- Much like Blade and Kiva, this season's title is an English word played on a Japanese one, 聖 (Sei lit."Holy") and 刃 (Yaiba or -ha lit. "Blade"), with its English counterpart Saber (セイバー Seibā). It is also a pun to Sage (聖人 Seijin).
- Coincidentally, the premiere date of the series hits the 11th anniversary of Kamen Rider W.
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
Heisei Era (2000-2009)
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
Reiwa Era (2019-)
|Zero-One • Saber|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|