|This article is about a/an series entry (the 31st) in the Kamen Rider Series.|
Kamen Rider Saber (仮面ライダーセイバー［聖刃］ Kamen Raidā Seibā) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the second series to debut during the Reiwa period and the thirty-first overall. The series premiered on September 6, 2020, joining Mashin Sentai Kiramager in the Super Hero Time line-up after the finale of Kamen Rider Zero-One. After Kiramager concludes, the series will be joined in the Super Time line-up by Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.
The catchphrase for the series is "Become a writer and a swordsman!!" (文豪にして剣豪！！ Bungō ni shite kengō!!)
Toei Company confirmed and filed the trademark for Kamen Rider Saber on May 29, 2020.. On July 29, 2020 the show's logo was fully unveiled during the press conference introducing the main cast of the show. The show premiered on September 6, 2020.
Long ago, a sect of swordsmen known as the Sword of Logos protected the Book of Ancients, a powerful tome of history that contains everything known to man; myths, creatures, stories, science, technology, and the evolution of human civilization. However thousands of years ago, a traitor working for the Megid tried to steal it for himself. As a result, the Book vanished and each of its pages scattered across the world.
Fast-forward to present day, young novelist Touma Kamiyama has been having dreams of another dimension where he witnessed swordsmen and monsters coming out of a storybook, and a "mysterious girl" calling for help. Recalling the dream sends chills down his spine, not knowing anything at all. One day, a strange phenomenon occurred without notice; a part of the city had disappeared. As people's loved ones disappear one after another, it sends the entire nation into chaos.
The vanished part of the city appeared in an alternate dimension, called Wonder World, an endless dimension as big as pages from a book. The dimension is home to magical creatures that attack without hesitation, sending the people in fear and confusion. As Touma and Mei are caught in this phenomenon, the attack reminds Touma of his dream as he is attacked by a mysterious monster.
"I will definitely bring the city back to the original world!"
As if it was responding to his very will, Touma harnesses the power of the Red Dragon as it merges into his body, turning him into the Flame Swordsman. The battle between the real world and Wonder World has an ending, and only Touma can write it as the fate of the world falls into his hands.
Kamen Rider Saber
|Previous Saber ► Touma Kamiyama|
Kamen Rider Blades
|Kenshin Nagamine ► Rintaro Shindo|
Kamen Rider Espada
|Kamen Rider Buster||Ryo Ogami|
|Kamen Rider Kenzan||Ren Akamichi|
Kamen Rider Calibur
|Kamen Rider Slash||TBA|
- Golem Megid (1, 3)
- Ari Megid (2)
- Kirigirisu Megid (2)
- Hanzaki Megid (3 & 4)
- Piranha Megid (5 & 6)
- Medusa Megid (7)
- Main article: Kamen Rider Saber Episodes
This is the second series to use a special nomenclature for its episodes, similar to the Super Sentai series; in this case, having them called "Chapters" (章 Sho).
The names for the episodes are also written like descriptive sentences, along with being broken by commas, and ending with periods.
- Chapter 1: In The Beginning, There Was a Flame Swordsman. (はじめに、炎の剣士あり。 Hajime ni, Honō no Kenshi Ari.)
- Chapter 2: The Water Swordsman, Along With a Blue Lion. (水の剣士、青いライオンとともに。 Mizu no Kenshi, Aoi Raion to Tomo ni.)
- Chapter 3: A Father, and a Swordsman. (父であり、剣士。 Chichi de ari, Kenshi.)
- Chapter 4: I Opened the Book, Therefore. (本を開いた、それゆえに。 Hon o Aita, Sore Yue ni.)
- Chapter 5: My Friend, the Thunder Swordsman. (我が友、雷の剣士につき。 Waga Tomo, Kaminari no Kenshi ni Tsuki.)
- Chapter 6: Like the Wind, He Arrives. (疾風の如く、見参。 Hayate no Gotoku, Kenzan.)
- Chapter 7: The Sword of the King, Lies in Avalon. (王の剣、アヴァロンにあり。 Ō no Ken, Avaron ni Ari.)
- Chapter 8: The Sealed Is, Arthur. (封印されしは、アーサー。 Fūin sa Reshi wa, Āsā.)
- Kamen Rider Saber Prologue (仮面ライダー聖刃［セイバー］序章 Kamen Raidā Seibā Joshō)
- Touma Kamiyama (神山 飛羽真 Kamiyama Tōma): Syuichiro Naito (内藤 秀一郎 Naitō Shūichirō)
- Rintaro Shindo (新堂 倫太郎 Shindō Rintarō): Takaya Yamaguchi (山口 貴也 Yamaguchi Takaya)
- Mei Sudo (須藤 芽依 Sudō Mei): Asuka Kawazu (川津 明日香 Kawazu Asuka)
- Kento Fukamiya (富加宮 賢人 Fukamiya Kento): Ryo Aoki (青木 瞭 Aoki Ryō)
- Ryo Ogami (尾上 亮 Ogami Ryō): Yuki Ikushima (生島 勇輝 Ikushima Yūki)
- Ren Akamichi (緋道 蓮 Akamichi Ren): Eiji Togashi (富樫 慧士 Togashi Eiji)
- Tetsuo Daishinji (大秦寺 哲雄 Daishinji Tetsuo): Hiroaki Oka (岡 宏明 Oka Hiroaki)
- Storious (ストリウス Sutoriusu): Robin Furuya (古屋 呂敏 Furuya Robin)
- Legeiel (レジエル Rejieru): Kairu Takano (高野 海琉 Takano Kairu)
- Zooous (ズオス Zuosu): Koji Saikawa (才川 コージ Saikawa Kōji)
- Desast (デザスト Dezasuto, Voice): Kōki Uchiyama (内山 昂輝 Uchiyama Kōki)
- Tassel (タッセル Tasseru): Les Romanesques TOBI (レ・ロマネスクTOBI Re Romanesuku Tobī)
- Sophia (ソフィア Sofia): Rina Chinen (知念 里奈 Chinen Rina)
- Previous Flame Swordsman (先代の炎の剣士 Sendai no Honō no Kenshi): Hiroyuki Hirayama (平山 浩行 Hirayama Hiroyuki)
- Narrator, Seiken Swordriver, Wonder Ride Books: Akio Otsuka (大塚 明夫 Ōtsuka Akio)
- Seiken Swordriver: Eizo Sakamoto (坂本 英三 Sakamoto Eizou)
- Kamen Rider Saber: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Blades: Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku)
- Kamen Rider Espada: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Kamen Rider Buster: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō)
- Kamen Rider Kenzan: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Calibur: Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji)
- Storious: Takuma Komori (小森 拓真 Komori Takuma)
- Legeiel: Danki Sakae (榮 男樹 Sakae Danki)
- Zooous: Shogo Teramoto (寺本 翔悟 Teramoto Shōgo)
- Dezast: Kazuya Okada (岡田 和也 Okada Kazuya)
- ALMIGHTY ~ Kamen no Yakusoku (ALMIGHTY ~ 仮面の約束 Ōrumaiti ~ Kamen no Yakusoku)
- "Kamen Rider Saber'" (仮面ライダーセイバー Kamen Raidā Seibā)
- This is the second season in the entire franchise to have a special nomenclature for its episodes, the first being Hibiki.
- This is the first season since Kamen Rider Hibiki to have ending credits and also the first season in the Reiwa Era to have ending credits.
- It is also the first season in the entire franchise to have an ending dance sequence, which was often typically performed in the Super Sentai series.
- This is the first season since Kamen Rider Drive to have an "Episode 0", though this Episode 0 aired before the season premiere instead of after.
- Like with Kamen Rider Ghost, this series has frequent use of stock footage transformation and finisher sequences.
- The special text featured prominently throughout the show (most notably in the Wonder Ride Books) is, in fact, stylized letters of the Latin alphabet turned 90° counter-clockwise.
- Production-wise, it is the second series in general not to have the titular rider make a cameo in the previous series since the trend began.
- Much like Blade and Kiva, this season's title is an English word played on a Japanese one, 聖刃 (Seiba), meaning "Holy Blade" with its English counterpart Saber (セイバー Seibā).
- This is the first Reiwa season in which Yuya Nawata does not serve as the suit actor for the main Rider.
- Coincidentally, the premiere date of the series hits the 11th anniversary of Kamen Rider W.
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
Heisei Era (2000-2009)
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
Reiwa Era (2019-)
|Zero-One • Saber|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|