|This article is about a/an film in Kamen Rider OOO.|
Kamen Rider OOO Wonderful the Movie: The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals (劇場版 仮面ライダーオーズ WONDERFUL 将軍と２１のコアメダル Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Ōzu Wandafuru: Shōgun to Nijū-ichi no Koa Medaru) is a Japanese superhero film that serves as the the Summer Movie adaptation of Kamen Rider OOO, double-billed with Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger the Movie: The Flying Ghost Ship. In the film, Eiji and his friends travel to the past where they meet with Tokugawa Yoshimune to battle the powerful alchemist Gara while learning the origins of the Core Medals. The film also features an early-bird appearance from Gentaro Kisaragi, the titular protagonist of the series following OOO. Kamen Rider Fourze.
The catchphrases for the movies are "Heroes Cheer Up Japan!" (ヒーローが日本を元気にする! Hīrō ga Nihon o Genki ni Suru!), "An Unprecedented Exciting Summer Is Coming!!" (かつてない熱い夏がやってくる!! Katsutenai Atsui Natsu ga Yattekuru!!), "The Secret of Core Medals!" (コアメダルの秘密! Koa Medaru no Himitsu!) and "Before the End of the World, A Great Adventure That Transcends Time and Space!" (世界の終末を前に、オーズが時空を超えた大冒険! Sekai no Shūmatsu no Mae ni, Ōzu ga Jikū wo Koeta Daibōken!).
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Continuity and Placement
- 3 Characters
- 4 Internet spin-off films
- 5 Cast
- 6 Core Medals
- 7 Astroswitches
- 8 Songs
- 9 Notes
- 10 Errors
- 11 External Links
- 12 References
Leading a expedition in Thuringia, Germany, Kousei Kougami was unearthing the resting place of one of the First OOO's alchemists to obtain legendary Lost Medals. However, upon the seal being undone, millions of Cell Medals erupt into a tower while creating a magical barrier that causes parts of Japan to flip over. This attracts Eiji Hino's attention as he and Ankh investigate. Arriving as Knights emerge from the tower after it dragged Kougami and Erika Satonaka in, Akira Date arrives as Eiji and he become Kamen Riders OOO and Birth to battle the Knights.
The fight eventually attracts the other Greeeds' attention before a new figure arrives and takes the Core Medals from all sides. Attempting to kill a boy that Kamen Rider OOO saves, the figure reveals his intent to become the New OOO of a new world before taking the Taka Medal and forcing everyone out with a barrier set up. Taking the boy to the Cous Coussier and learning his name is Shun Wakaba, Eiji asks the boy why he was there before Shintaro Goto reveals their enemy to be known as Gara, one of the alchemists who created the Core Medals. Following Ankh when he senses something like Gara, Eiji and company find a strange girl called Belle as she presents 5 million yen to obtain Cell Medals from those she tricks so Gara can use the weight of human desire to execute his doomsday plan.
Once enough Cell Medals are gathered, Gara's magic device activates with Date and Shintaro watching Eiji and the others end up in the Edo era where he attempts to keep the peace between the present and past peoples. But without warning, the Nue Yummy appears and attacks Eiji. Unable to become OOO, Eiji uses the Birth Driver to become Kamen Rider Birth to fight the Nue Yummy before he takes Ankh's Kujaku and Condor Medals and takes his leave. Though the fight caused the past people to demonize Eiji and others, Tokugawa Yoshimune manages to calm everyone down. Back in the present as another area of Japan flipped over to the Mesozoic Era, Kougami talks Gara into going after Eiji to use his desire to speed up the doomsday countdown. Later that night in the past, Eiji learns from Shun that his mother, Satsuki, was taken earlier when the tower appeared and become a vessel for Gara's soul while assuring the boy that his mother loves him.
The next day, forced to use Ankh's main Taka Medal, Eiji becomes Kamen Rider OOO to fight the Nue Yummy and his platoon of Knights with Hina backing him up. Things seemed hopeless until Tokuda arrives to Kamen Rider OOO's aid along with the Edo residents. Once the Knights are dealt with, Yoshimune gives Kamen Rider OOO a set of Core Medals that belong to the Tokugawa family. Using them, OOO transforms into the Burakawani Combo to destroy the Nue Yummy. As Yoshimune takes his leave, Belle arrives to offer Eiji the choice to return to his time with everyone else fading from existence. Though agreeing on the condition that he brings his "family", Eiji manages to trick Belle into saving everyone. As a shocked Belle explodes, Eiji's infinite desire overloads Gara's device to the alchemist's horror as Eiji and friends return to their time. After Eiji finds a Taka Medal stuck to his shoe, Eiji becomes Kamen Rider OOO and enters Gara's tower as Shintaro and Date destroy the barrier.
After Kamen Rider OOO vows to free Satsuki from his hold, Gara assumes his true form and takes their fight outside while Satonaka gets Kougami to safety. Shun's presence enables OOO to save the boy's mother as an enraged Gara almost kills the Kamen Rider before the sudden arrival of Kamen Rider Fourze. With Fourze declaring Kamen Rider OOO a friend, the two Kamen Riders double team Gara and knock him into his tower. Negating his transformation, Gentaro Kisaragi gives Kamen Rider OOO his handshake before running off to Amanogawa High School. However, managing to take Eiji's purple Core Medals to complete the seven sets of Core Medals in his possession, Gara absorbs them to become Gara Dragon. Kamen Riders OOO and Birth are powerless against Gara until the Greeed arrive and Uva gives OOO his Core Medals so he can assume Gatakiriba Combo.
Upon receiving more Core Medals from the Greeed, each Gatakiriba clone changes into Kamen Rider OOO's seven other Combo forms. With Birth's Breast Cannon, the eight OOO use their Scanning Charges in synch to destroy Gara with the area raining Cell Medals. As Shun and Satsuki take their leave, Eiji talks Ankh into holding Hina's hand as she holds his hand as well. Remembering what he said, Eiji realizes that he, Hina, and Ankh are a family as they all walk home.
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider OOO: Judging from the date June 2011 and the appearance of all Greeeds, as well as Ankh saying Eiji still cannot control the Putotyra Combo, this movie best suit during episode 36, which after the revived of Mezool and Gamel, but before Hina lost consciousness, and before Eiji successfully controlling Putotyra. Still, there are several possible errors:
- Ankh was in control of the body even if Shingo having semi-conscious at the start of episode 36.
- Eiji possessed 1 extra Kuwagata, Kamakiri, and Lion medal in the movie.
- Mezool had her legs incomplete in the episode, but not in the movie.
- Uva was killed in the episode but yet sill present in the movie where Ankh Lost should have been.
- Yet Ankh wasn't complete in the movie either.
- Kamen Rider Fourze: This movie is non-canon to Fourze as Gentaro should not have arrived Amanogawa High yet in June 2011.
- If ignoring the timeline contrast, this movie would take place after episode 4.
|Kamen Rider OOO||Eiji Hino|
|Kamen Rider Birth||Akira Date ►◄ Eiji Hino|
And Introducing Fourze
|Kamen Rider Fourze||Gentaro Kisaragi|
Cuisine Restaurant Cous Coussier
|Kyoryu Greeed||Kiyoto Maki|
Internet spin-off films
To promote the movie, Toei will also be releasing a series of Internet clips under the collective title Kamen Rider OOO Allstars: The 21 Leading Actors and Core Medals (ネット版 仮面ライダーオーズ ALLSTARS 21の主役とコアメダル Nettoban Kamen Raidā Ōzu Ōrusutāzu: Nijū-ichi no Shuyaku to Koa Medaru).
- Eiji Hino (火野 映司 Hino Eiji): Shu Watanabe (渡部 秀 Watanabe Shū)
- Ankh/Shingo Izumi (アンク／泉 信吾 Anku/Izumi Shingo): Ryosuke Miura (三浦 涼介 Miura Ryōsuke)
- Hina Izumi (泉 比奈 Izumi Hina): Riho Takada (高田 里穂 Takada Riho)
- Akira Date (伊達 明 Date Akira): Hiroaki Iwanaga (岩永 洋昭 Iwanaga Hiroaki)
- Shintaro Goto (後藤 慎太郎 Gotō Shintarō): Asaya Kimijima (君嶋 麻耶 Kimijima Asaya)
- Erika Satonaka (里中 エリカ Satonaka Erika): Mayuko Arisue (有末 麻祐子 Arisue Mayuko)
- Uva (ウヴァ): Yūsuke Yamada (山田 悠介 Yamada Yūsuke)
- Kazari (カザリ): Taito Hashimoto (橋本 汰斗 Hashimoto Taito)
- Gamel (ガメル Gameru): Hiroyuki Matsumoto (松本 博之 Matsumoto Hiroyuki)
- Mezool (メズール Mezūru, Voice): Yukana (ゆかな)
- Mezool (Human Form) (メズール（人間形態） Mezūru (Ningen Keitai)): Honoka Miki (未来 穂香 Miki Honoka)
- Kiyoto Maki (真木 清人 Maki Kiyoto): Yuu Kamio (神尾 佑 Kamio Yū)
- Chiyoko Shiraishi (白石 千世子 Shiraishi Chiyoko): Marie Kai (甲斐 まり恵 Kai Marie)
- Kousei Kougami (鴻上 光生 Kōgami Kōsei): Takashi Ukaji (宇梶 剛士 Ukaji Takashi)
- Alchemist Gara, Satsuki Wakaba (錬金術師ガラ、若葉 五月 Renkinjutsushi Gara, Wakaba Satsuki): Miki Sakai (酒井 美紀 Sakai Miki)
- Gara Inhumanoid Form (ガラ怪人態 Gara Kaijintai, Voice): Ryūzaburō Ōtomo (大友 龍三郎 Ōtomo Ryūzaburō)
- Bell (ベル Beru): Karin Ogino (荻野 可鈴 Ogino Karin)
- Nue Yummy (鵺ヤミー Nue Yamī, Voice): Riki Kitazawa (北沢 力 Kitazawa Riki)
- Knight Soldiers (ナイト兵 Naito Hei, Voice): Ibuki (勇吹輝)
- Takeshi Wakaba (若葉 毅 Wakaba Takeshi): Taiki Negishi (根岸 泰樹 Negishi Taiki)
- Tokugawa Yoshimune (徳川 吉宗): Ken Matsudaira (松平 健 Matsudaira Ken)
- Gentaro Kisaragi (如月 弦太朗 Kisaragi Gentarō): Sota Fukushi (福士 蒼汰 Fukushi Sōta)
- Yuki Jojima (城島 ユウキ Jōjima Yūki): Fumika Shimizu (清水 富美加 Shimizu Fumika)
- Rocker (ロッカー Rokkā): Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru)
- Seizō Fukumoto (福本 清三 Fukumoto Seizō)
- Kamen Rider Girls (仮面ライダーGIRLS Kamen Raidā Gāruzu)
- O Scanner Voice (オースキャナー音声 Ōsukyanā Onsei): Akira Kushida (串田 アキラ Kushida Akira)
- Narration, Birth Driver Voice, Birth Buster Voice (ナレーション、バースドライバー音声、バースバスター音声 Narēshon, Bāsu Doraibā Onsei, Bāsu Basutā Onsei): Jōji Nakata (中田 譲治 Nakata Jōji)
- Kamen Rider OOO, Kamen Rider Birth (Eiji), Kamen Rider Fourze: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Birth (Date): Eitoku (永徳)
- Gara Inhumanoid Form, Nue Yummy: Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo)
- Uva: Kazuya Okada (岡田 和也 Okada Kazuya)
- Kazari: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Gamel: Masashi Takada (高田 将司 Takada Masashi)
- Mezool: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Medals Used:
- Head - Taka, Kuwagata, Cobra, Lion, Sai, Shachi, Ptera
- Arms - Tora, Kame, Kamakiri, Gorilla, Unagi, Kujaku, Tricera
- Legs - Batta, Cheetah, Wani, Zou, Tako, Condor, Tyranno
- Combos Used:
- Tatoba Combo, Gatatoraba, Gatatorartar, Burakawani Combo, Gatakiriba Combo, Latorartar Combo, Sagohzo Combo, Shauta Combo, Tajadol Combo, Putotyra Combo
- Switch Used:
- States Used:
- Theme song
- "Te wo Tsunagou ~Matsuken × Kamen Rider Samba~" (手をつなごう～マツケン×仮面ライダーサンバ～ Te o Tsunagō ~Matsuken × Kamen Raidā Sanba~, lit. "Let's Hold Hands")
While utilizing rap, the song mainly uses elements from Ken Matsudaira's Matsuken Samba song series that blend traditional-style Japanese vocals with Brazilian samba music and use several Brazilian Portuguese words and phrases in the lyrics.
- This film features the debut of two of the lead characters of Kamen Rider Fourze.
- The orange Core Medals were used to not only destroy the Nue Yummy, but also Gara, yet it wasn't outright stated what happened to the three Core Medals after the events of the film, since by all rights, the three Cores should still exist since they were never damaged in the movie. Aside from appearing in a flashback, the orange Core Medals were never brought up within the TV series. They reappeared in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum, thus confirming their existence after the movie, but they were never spoken of again prior to the aforementioned movie, not even in the previous Movie War film.
- This is the first film starring Kamen Rider OOO in which Kamen Rider Double doesn't appear.
- The second film is Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders.
- When Eiji uses all of his Combos at the same time, the transformation goes in order of the Combos debut. However, Tajadol and Shauta are switched up, as Tajadol debuted in episode 20, and Shauta debuted in episode 24. The writer for the movie admitted she mixed them up.
- Three members of the Kamen Rider Girls (specifically Kaori Nagura, Erika Yoshizumi, and Nao Yasuda) appear in-costume during a crowd scene.
- This movie is an unofficial crossover with the long-running period drama Abarenbō Shōgun, which featured Ken Matsudaira playing the historical figure Tokugawa Yoshimune, the same role he plays in this movie.
- This is the second Kamen Rider Summer movie to not feature a Kamen Rider exclusive to its corresponding series. The movie-exclusive Kamen Rider for OOO, Poseidon, would appear later in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max, which appeared after the series finished its television run.
- When Eiji is swung around by Fourze, he yells out that "[he]'s not Hayabusa", in reference to the Japanese satellite sent to study near-Earth asteroid 25143 Itokawa. This is the first of multiple Hayabusa references that will appear in connection to Kamen Rider Fourze.
- This is the first summer film in the Neo Heisei era that doesn't feature the Primary Rider's Extra Final Form, followed by Kamen Rider Gaim: Great Soccer Battle! Golden Fruits Cup!.
- OOO's battle with Gara Dragon was featured in Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
- After Gara's defeat, it is unknown if Eiji returns the Core Medals to the Greeeds or kept it.
- This is the first time where the Gatakiriba Combo clones has lines, rather than making grunt noises.
- The appearance of the 8 main Combos in this film is similar to Den-O using all of his main forms in Kamen Rider Den-O: I'm Born! and Saraba Kamen Rider Den-O: Final Countdown.
- Unlike these two films, OOO would only use it as a finisher.
- The scene where a portion of the city is lifted up would be reused for the fourth episode of Kamen Rider Ghost four years later.
- It is interesting to note that civilians trapped in Edo period did not return back to present after the scale broke.
- Just when OOO is about to change into Gatakiriba Combo, the Kuwagata Core Medal isn't fully inserted in the OOO Driver.
- This happens again when one of Gatakiriba Combo clones changes to Shauta Combo, the Shachi Core Medal isn't fully inserted.
- When the Gatakiriba Combos changes into the other Combos, the first clone was still in the same combo, but the O Scanner still announces the Core Medals.
- It is unknown how Date summons the CLAWs·Sasori without having the Birth Driver.
- Also, the CLAWs·Sasori was shown in the beginning of the movie helping the researchers as Date wasn't in Germany prior to the revival of Gara.