|This article is about a/an rider form in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
Kamen Rider Ixa (仮面ライダーイクサ Kamen Raidā Ikusa, Masked Rider IXA) is the secondary protagonist and fictional character that appears in Kamen Rider Kiva, a Japanese tokusatsu television drama in the Kamen Rider Series. Ixa is the second Rider in Kiva.
IXA is an acronym for Intercept X Attacker or "Interceptor warrior against an unknown threat" (未知なる脅威に対する迎撃戦士 Michinaru kyōi ni taisuru geigeki senshi). Whereas Kiva is based on various monsters, Ixa's motif is that of a Knight Templar, a holy order of Christian Knights. Ixa's name in Japanese comes from one of the readings of the kanji for "fighting," "war," and "battle" (戦 ikusa).
|Otoya Kurenai||Jiro||Rook||Yuri Aso||Mamoru Shima|
|Ixa (Proto Ixa)
|Ixa (Proto Ixa)
|Ixa (Proto Ixa)
third user/Lion Fangire
|Ixa (Proto Ixa)
|Keisuke Nago||Ryo Itoya||Megumi Aso||Kengo Eritate||Kamen Rider Ixa (A.R. World)|
|Ixa primary user||Ixa second user/
|Ixa third user/
Ixa (Ixa Nigo)
|Ixa fourth user||Ixa from|
World of Kiva
Ixa System History
While the Ixa System is promised to Yuri Aso, Jiro is the first user of the System in 1986, using it to save Yuri from the Earwig Fangire. It is initially meant for Yuri to use as she sees it as a memento of her late mother, but after learning of its flaws and seeing Jiro's resolve, Yuri allows him to keep the Ixa System.
When he learns of Jiro's plans, Otoya Kurenai takes the Ixa System to fight Jiro as its second user. After Basshaa's intervention between Jiro and Otoya, Jiro once again acquires the Ixa System, using it to fight the Lion Fangire Rook in revenge for the slaughter of the Wolfen Clan. However, Otoya briefly regains the System after Rook defeats Jiro as Ixa, with he and Jiro arguing who is its rightful user soon after.
After Yuri's attempt to use the Ixa Knuckle, and Jiro leaving after revealing his true identity to her, Otoya becomes the official user of the Ixa System. After briefly being used by Rook, Otoya regains the belt and then lends it to Yuri to use against the Rook in battle, succeeding in wounding the Lion Fangire instead of the intended goal to kill him.
Although the system is returned to Otoya afterwards, Yuri steals it once more in her attempt to destroy Maya, the Fangire Queen, out of jealousy.
During Yuri's third attempt to destroy Maya, the King of Fangire, Dark Kiva, interfered and forces Yuri to retreat. Otoya uses the system to battle Dark Kiva, but is defeated easily and held captive within Castle Doran. He is rescued by Yuri and uses the system to defeat the Silkmoth Fangire.
Otoya would use the Ixa system one final time to battle the Bat Fangire in a beach-side battle, but he is again overpowered and the armor is damaged severely with its destroyed arm landing in the lake.
Over time, the Ixa System is retrieved and perfected, with Keisuke Nago eventually becoming the system's main user in 2008. Portions of its armor remained at the site of the battle where it was shattered, with one gauntlet having lodged in a cliffside and saving Wataru when he caught hold of it after falling over the cliff.
Ixa does not have forms as the biologically/mystically powered Kiva does, but instead has three Modes as he uses a Rider System (ライダーシステム Raidā Shisutemu). Ixa's default mode is Save Mode (セーブモード Sēbu Mōdo) and can transform into Burst Mode (バーストモード Bāsuto Mōdo) where the faceplate that covers Ixa's eyes in Save Mode open up. The system would later receive a final form known as Rising Ixa, which initially required the use of the Ixariser until the last update would bypass the transition from Burst Mode to Rising Mode, completely.
Although the Proto Ixa (プロトイクサ Puroto Ikusa) was present in 1986, it had only Save Mode as Burst Mode was still in development. As such, technical problems were frequent like the armor shooting out steam, a constant beeping, a different tone of voice for the Ixa Belt, a bronze projection for the Ixa System's transformation and the availability of only one Fuestle: the Knuckle Fuestle. The Proto Ixa exhausts a qualified person's body considerably even if they are not human, as the System still managed to harm Jiro despite being a Wolfen, and it harmed Otoya to the point of total memory loss. Ixa has been continuously updated since 1986 and with the tenth model used until it is upgraded to the eleventh model with a new mode.
Both Ver.X and Ver.XI have a golden projection of the Ixa System instead of the original's bronze color. A total of six Fuestles are available to the user as well as a new weapon: Ixa Calibur. It does not exhaust the user's body like the prototype, though any other side effects are still unknown.
A final upgrade would allow a user to transform into Rising Ixa (ライジングイクサ Raijingu Ikusa) through a blue projection, bypassing Burst Mode.
- "Fist On!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 218 cm
- Rider Weight: 160 kg
- Punching Power: 4.2 t
- Kicking Power: 1.8 t
- Maximum Jumping Height: 18 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 9.6 seconds
Save Mode (セーブモード Sēbu Mōdo) is the first and default form of Kamen Rider Ixa. The Cross Shield (クロスシールド Kurosu Shīrudo) that protects the precision equipment on the head is closed and covers the face. The power consumed during operation is 60% in Burst Mode.
It was mainly active in 1986 when the Ixa System started operating, and was also called Proto Ixa (プロトイクサ Puroto Ikusa). In 2008, when Ixa is used by Nago this mode is often bypassed altogether and he transforms directly into Burst Mode.
Appearances: Kiva Episodes 9-18, 20-21, 24-31, 37-46, 48, King of the Castle in the Demon World
- "Fist On!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 7 t
- Kicking Power: 3 t
- Maximum Jumping Height: 30 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 6 seconds
Burst Mode (バーストモード Bāsuto Mōdo) is Ixa's attack mode, where Save Mode's visor opens up to reveal Ixa's eyes. A wave of intense heat is produced when Ixa transforms into Burst Mode from Save Mode. Ixa can use Fake Fuestles to gain access to Kiva's Arms Monsters, although unlike Kiva, they do not grant him a new form.
Kamen Rider Ixa is composed of the following parts:
- Ixa Met (イクサメット Ikusa Metto): The helmet. It is composed of Ixa Platinum (イクサプラチナ Ikusa Purachina), a diamond-hard material made exclusively for Kamen Rider Ixa. Ixa Platinum was developed from 8AL-7V Titanium (8AL‐7Vチタニウム 8AL‐7V Chitaniumu), one of the strongest current alloys on Earth, and is considered as the material that next-generation weapons and armor would be made out of. The metal was obtained via special routes. All information is transferred to the user within via internal pads that mount through electrical contact.
- Hunting Glass (ハンティング・グラス Hantingu Gurasu): The eyes. They are ultra-wide lens that possess a 180° field of view in front, and video information captured is transmitted to the wearer inside via an in-helmet terminal. It also contains a type of night vision scope function that can even see in darkness with zero visibility, and a Super X-Ray (スーパーXレイ Sūpā X Rei) function that allows Ixa to see through a 5 meter thick iron plate. The Hunting Glass can record images via a digital camera lens and save it onto a built-in disk.
- Access Signal (アクセスシグナル Akusesu Shigunaru): A blue light on the forehead. It blinks when a computer within the Ixa System accesses internal disks.
- Cross Shield (クロスシールド Kurosu Shīrudo): The golden cross-like visor. In Save Mode, it closes down to cover the Hunting Glass. Immediately after transformation, the Cross Shield closes to prevent the suit from self-destructing and to protect the face where high precision instruments are located. In Burst Mode, all energy is concentrated in one point (the weapons) to enable devastating special moves. Since Burst Mode not only consumes considerable energy but also puts a high load on the suit and the built-in computer, continuous operation in Burst Mode for more than 30 minutes is highly dangerous.
- GPS Bit (GPSビット GPS Bitto): The blue tips on top of the Cross Shield. They are antennae that lets Ixa know the location of an optical beacon as if they were using a satellite.
- Poisona Filter (ポワゾナフィルター Powazona Firutā): The white section between the eyes. It is a device that decomposes and purifies all toxins to supply safe air to the wearer.
- Masker Regulator (マスカーレギュレーター Masukā Regyurētā): The mouthplate. An ultra-small oxygen cylinder in installed, enabling approximately 360 minutes (6 hours) of underwater activity and in low oxygen conditions.
- Sol Mirror (ソルミラー Soru Mirā): Chest-mounted power unit. It is a next-generation power engine that increases stored power by hundreds of times. This energy converted by the Ixa Engine (イクサエンジン Ikusa Enjin), a black boxed device, transcends human intelligence. In order to efficiently cool down the heat, which is produced as a by-product of the tremendous energy, an opening around the central mirror is used as a heat dissipation block. Small indicator lights arranged around the centre in a cross-like pattern indicate the flow of energy. The indicator placed in the middle top is red, and the indicators to the left and right are green, and are said to be the ideal indicators of energy.
- Delta Earth (デルタアース Deruta Āsu): Aerial discharge-type grounding systems provided on the shoulders, hips and back. Discharges high voltage that flows excessively through the suit into the air, reducing the burden on the body.
- Sol Flasher (ソルフラッシャー Soru Furasshā): The light bars on the shoulders. Energy can be concentrated here to be used as a flash grenade. The amount of light is 3 million candela. The intensity of the flash can lead to blindness in ordinary people with a single shot, making it even more effective against Fangires, who dislike light. Therefore, it can be said that this is specifically anti-Fangire equipment. Additionally, during normal operation, it plays the role of a condition signal that flashes red when a yelow light pops up, a malfunction occurs, or when battery level is significantly reduced.
- Black Armor Suit (ブラックアーマースーツ Burakku Āmā Sūtsu): The bodysuit. It is an inner suit that wraps around the wearer and protcts them from external impact. It is made from Carbotech Linen (カーボテックリネン Kābotekku Rinen), one of the strongest synthetic fibres ever made. Theoretically, it can withstand temperatures of 2000°C, and boasts an intense tear strength of 200t.
- USM (Ultimate Servo Motor System) (USM（ウルティメットサーボモーターシステム） USM (Urutimetto Sābo Mōtā Shisutemu)): The servomechanisms. It is an ultra-compact high-power motor that produces power equivalent to a 5000cc-class industrial combustion engine. By connecting both upper and lower arms with a strong ultra-thin inner frame, and assisting the arm with artificial muscle fibre (マッスルファイバー massuru faibā) which operates via electrical signals, the user is given tremendous extraordinary strength. A similar system is installed within the legs.
- Ixa Armor (イクサアーマー Ikusa Āmā): The arm armor. Has a hardness of 8.522. It is made of Ixa Platinum. It also contains sterling silver (スターリングシルバー sutāringu shirubā), a material that dislikes Fangires, and 87 Titanium (87チタン 87 chitan).
- Hunting Grabs (ハンティング・グラブ Hantingu Gurabu): The hands. An ultra-thin inner frame is built into the USMand the fingertips, providing 20 times the grip strength of ordinary people. Electrical contacts are built into the palm to connect to the Ixa Knuckle.
- Emergency Battery (エマージェンシーバッテリー Emājenshī Batterī): Spare power packs contained in the legs for when Ixa runs out of power. The power transition is automatic and can always be carried as a backup power source. The main power unit can operate up to 12 hours while an Emergency Battery can operate up to 6 hours.
- Power Knee Unit (パワーニーユニット Pawā Nī Yunitto): The knees. It incorporates an assisted artificial knee joint with USM, creating superhuman leg strength. Since a large amount of electricity flows through it, a bunch of Delta Earths are provided to efficiently discharge excess voltage to reduce burden.
- Super Absorber (スーパーアブソーバ Sūpā Abusōba): The ankles. The ankles are wrapped in multiple layers of muscle fibre, providing tremendous leg strength. In order to reduce burden to the legs, air shock absorbers (エアショックアブソーバ ea shokku abusōba) are incorporated on both sides of the ankles and on the soles of the feet.
Kamen Rider Ixa has the following finishers:
- Broken Fang (ブロウクン・ファング Burōkun Fangu): By inserting the Knuckle Fuestle into the Ixa Belt and pressing the Ixa Knuckle, Ixa can execute a devastating punch with the Ixa Knuckle.
- Ixa Judgement (イクサ・ジャッジメント Ikusa Jajjimento): By inserting the Calibur Fuestle into the Ixa Belt and pressing the Ixa Knuckle, Ixa can use the Ixa Calibur to perform a powerful slash. When performing the Ixa Judgement, a vision of the sun appears behind Ixa.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 20 t.
- Kicking Power: 12 t.
- Maximum Jump Height: 70 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 3 sec.
Kamen Rider Rising Ixa (仮面ライダーライジングイクサ Kamen Raidā Raijingu Ikusa) is the upgrade to Ixa System, known as Intercept X Attacker Ver. XI. As it is the perfected version, Ixa's power is at maximum strength. This mode is accessed through the new Ixariser and the Ixa Knuckle Ver.XI. After inputting a code into the Ixariser, Ixa's outer armor is ejected, exposing Ixa's core, the head crest changes once again, and the white parts of Ixa's remaining armor turn blue. Towards the end of the series the Ixa system receives a final upgrade that allows Nago to transform directly into Rising Ixa, with the projection being blue instead of gold.
This form has the following finishers:
- Final Rising Blast (ファイナルライジングブラスト Fainaru Raijingu Burasuto): By removing the Riser Fuestle from the grip of the Ixariser and inserting it into the Ixa Belt and pressing the Ixa Knuckle, Ixa can fire a powerful shot from the Ixariser which focuses the energy generated from the engine in the gun.
Appearances: Kiva Episodes 27-28, 30-31, 34, 38-48, You Can Also be Kiva.
- Punching Power: 4 t.
- Kicking Power: 2 t.
- Maximum Jumping Height: 18 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 9 seconds
The earliest Proto Ixa (プロトイクサ Puroto Ikusa) that was produced before the latest version Save Mode, worn by Mamoru Shima (as the first Ixa suit wearer) against Rook. The burden on the wearer's body is greater than that of the normal Ixa, and it is not match to the Rook's strength.
The design is very similar to the Save Mode, but the shape of the transformation belt's Ixa Knuckle is different, and the chest has a huge cross. Equipped with the Ixa Hammer (イクサハンマー Ikusa Hanmā), an electromagnetic hammer equipped with a large pile driver that drives an electrically charged pile.
- Ixa Belt: Transformation belt
- Ixa Knuckle: Transformation device
- Fuestles: Whistle-like devices that activate a function, depending on the Fuestle.
Legend Rider Devices
- "Kamen Ride: Ixa"
- ―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]
- Kamen Ride: Ixa: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Ixa. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Ixa. First used in the World of Kabuto to battle Kamen Rider Kabuto. When he is summoned he first says "Return that life you took to God!"
IXA Save Mode Medal (イクサ セーブモード メダル Ikusa Sēbu Mōdo Medaru) Based on Kamen Rider IXA Save Mode.
IXA Burst Mode Medal (イクサ バーストモードメダル Ikusa Bāsuto Mōdo Medaru) Based on Kamen Rider IXA Burst Mode.
- "(Digital beeping) Ixa!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Rock music mixed with Ixa Knuckle beeping) Ready! Ixa!"
- ―Rider Armor transformation announcement[src]
Ixa Ridewatch (イクサライドウォッチ Ikusa Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Ixa Burst Mode, this Ridewatch would provide access to the IxaArmor. It is dated 2008.
Behind the scenes
Having several users, Kamen Rider Ixa had two suit actors. The main suit actor, Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō), who served as male Ixa users, while the suit actor for Ixa's female users (Yuri/Megumi Aso) was Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi), who mainly served as a majority of female Sentai Rangers.
In early Bandai toy catalogues, Ixa is called Kamen Rider Hunter (仮面ライダーハンター Kamen Raidā Hantā).
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- "TV Asahi's page for Ixa Burst Mode". https://web.archive.org/web/20160207052433/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/burstmode_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=380.
- "TV Asahi's page for Rising Ixa". https://web.archive.org/web/20160402113523/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/risingixa_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=400.