|This article is about a/an rider form used by several identities in the Kamen Rider Series.|
Kamen Rider G3 (仮面ライダーＧ３ Kamen Raidā Jī Surī, lit./short for "Masked Rider Generation 3") may refer to any the following characters.
From Kamen Rider Agito:
From Kamen Rider Decade:
Kamen Rider G3
- Rider Height: 192 cm
- Rider Weight: 150 kg
- Eyesight: 5 km
- Hearing: 5 km
- Punching Power: 1 t
- Lifting Power: 20 t with GA-04 Antoures
- Kicking Power: 3 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 10 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 10 seconds
- Defense: 8
The Generation-3 System was developed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department's Squad Against Unidentified Lifeforms division. SAUL had received funding from the city government to develop a reinforced exo-suit to combat the Gurongi, which were known to the police as Unindetified Lifeforms. Their design was based on Kuuga, who was thought to be the fourth Unidentified Lifeform to appear. However, because the Gurongi were eliminated before its completion, research on the project was postponed indefinitely. By this time, the data acquired from the first two phases of the project had been implemented into the Generation-3 System, which was entering its final phase of development and ready for deployment. With the emergence of the Lords, the police's G3 unit was commissioned to contend with the threat.
By the time of Kamen Rider Zi-O, the G3-System has been mass-produced, presumably using data from G3 Mild.
Despite using advanced technology, G3 is vastly outclassed by the Lords and those that possess a Seed of Agito, leading to it being overwhelmed in its first battles.
G3 is equipped with conventional ballistic weapons. His primary armament is the GM-01 Scorpion, which is holstered on his right hip. The Scorpion can be augmented with the GG-02 Salamander grenade launcher, which serves as G3's main method of destroying Lords. For close combat, he can equip the GS-03 Destroyer on his left arm. The Guardacceler, which is used to access the Guard Chaser or can function as a backup weapon, is stored on the left thigh.
- Valiant Protector: G3's chestplate, created from various layers of Special Duralumin metal stacked on each other. It can withstand magnum shots or flames up to 2000 degrees.
- Converter Lung: A built-in generator within the chest, it can exert power 10 times compared to a normal human.
- G-Buckle: G3's belt, which serves as a battery indicator. The power remaining on the back-mounted battery can be indicated here, with the belt flashing violently when the operation time left falls below 1 minute. Furthermore, power transmission from the battery can be increased with the Energy Volume buttons on the sides of the Buckle.
- Power Wrist Receiver: A device mounted on the right forearm that powers up G3's punches after receiving signals from the Converter Lung.
- Arms Attachment Point: Covered with Special Duralumin metal on the outside, inside fitted with various components to link G3's equipment to with his body and supply energy to them.
- G3 Inner Jacket: G3's inner suit, created from special metal threads woven together in a metal cloth pattern, which is then coated with bulletproof silicon and wrapped in oil skin sourced from cows. Excellent heat and cold resisting abilities due to electrical control.
- PLSS: Short for Power Leg Suspension System, electrically enhances leg strength from toe to thigh.
- Leg Guard: Layered outside the PLSS are leg guards, which are as sturdy as the Valiant Protector.
- Cherry Blossom Crest: Indented in the left chest, it shows G3's affiliation with the Metropolitan Police Department.
- Armor Pad: Shoulder and upper arm protection pads. Lightweight and robust, they can withstand against the Unknowns' axes and swords.
- Zero Mission Fuel Battery: An environment-friendly fuel-powered battery pack, mounted on G3's back and the Rider's main source of energy.
- G-Com: Kamen Rider G3's dedicated information terminal, mounted on the left forearm. It can be used to access the Metropolitan Police Department Headquarters' library or to search for information using a pop-up display. It can also act as an electrical police notebook and store information like MDSS and HDVC information (listed below) on a hard drive.
- Hip Guard: Hip and buttocks protection pads made from Special Duralumin metal.
- Power Leg Servo: Similar to the Power Wrist Receiver, these are knee and ankle-mounted devices on both legs that serve to power up leg strength.
- Head Section:
- MDSS: Kamen Rider G3's eyes, short for Multi Direct Scope System. A man-made artificial compound eye with multi-glass structure, it is incorporated with features such as wide view, super telephoto view, night vision and an electron microscope. Viewing range is up to 5 km.
- Optic Searcher: Mounted in the very middle of G3's head crest, it is an optical marking device. By pressing a button mounted on the right ear while facing the target, it's location will be indicated on GPS.
- Info Rod: The antenna on the right side of G3's head crest, used to receive commands from the G-Trailer, intercept police radio waves or to access HQ's digital library.
- Exa Mind Rod: Located in the middle of G3's head crest, it's another antenna used for locating Unknowns already marked, either through the Optic Searcher or other means.
- GPS Rod: The antenna on the left side of G3's head crest, used to emit G3's position and whereabouts back to the G-Trailer using satellite systems.
- HDVC: A small-size tubular camera mounted on the lower left side of G3's head, which sends video image back to the G-Trailer through the G-Com. As the camera's direction is the same with the wearer's eyes' direction, the camera sees what the Rider sees.
- Rider Height: 192 cm
- Rider Weight: 176 kg
- Eyesight: 15 km
- Hearing: 15 km
- Punching Power: 2.5 t
- Lifting Power: 20 t with GA-04 Antoures
- Kicking Power: 7.5 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 20 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 8 seconds
- Defense: 10
- GX-Launcher: 30 t[note 1]
The Generation-3 Extension is an upgrade to the G3-System developed by Sumiko Ozawa in order to address G3's failure to effectively combat Lords. G3-X offers a drastic improvement in combat ability, allowing it to fight on more even ground. However, its most notable addition is an on-board AI to assist the operator. However, the AI's implementation was revealed to be seriously flawed. The AI's calculations, though perfect, required precise coordination and synchronization with the suit's motor functions. If the operator could not coordinate with the AI, G3-X would act erratically by itself and damage the user's body in the process. To address this issue, a new control chip with a less advanced AI was installed to make the suit less demanding.
In addition to the standard GM-01 Scorpion, G3-X's main armament is the new GX-05 Kerberos, a powerful vulcan gun that allows for modular customization. It can be equipped with a scope or docked with the Scorpion and converted to a missile launcher. For close combat, G3-X replaces the Destroyer with the GK-06 Unicorn, an electromagnetic combat knife stored on the left arm.
- Power Chest
Utilizing triple-layer Hi-metal molding, the Power Chest's strength is increased when compared with G3's Valiant Protector.
- Power Armor
Shoulder and upper arm protection pads created from Hi-metal. Approximately 5 times stronger than the Special Duralumin steel seen on G3's armor.
- Power Converter Lung
An improvement over G3's model, it multiplies power from the back-mounted battery by 10 times when transmitting electricity across the body.
In accordance with G3-X's improved battery, the swing width of the Energy Volume power-increasing buttons on the sides has been increased. The rest is the same with the previous model.
- Arms Mount
A storage holster for the GM-01 Scorpion, which can also be used to recharge the weapon.
- G3 Power Jacket 2
Compared with the type used by G3, the durability, heat resistance, moisturization and breathability has been increased due to the new type of steel strings embedded into the jacket.
- Generator Buckle
A fixture located around the clavicle and neck sections that connects the Power Converter Lung with the Turtle Shell (see below). Within the Buckle lies various pipes for energy transmission.
- Forced Heat Dissipation Duct
Shoulder-mounted devices used to dissipate excess heat from the Power Converter Lung to the outside.
- Turtle Shell
A backpack which mounts G3-X's battery unit. Below the battery mounting point lies a storage point for a pair of energy magazines used by the GX-05 Kerberos.
- Zero Emission Fuel Battery
The same model used by G3, now with doubled energy capacity and one-third of the weight reduced.
- G-Com Ver 2.0
An upgraded version of G3's G-Com with increased accessing speed and an updated OS.
- PLSS Ver 2.0
Improved models of G3's PLSS with its servo motors having twice the strength of the original, covered by Hi-metal. It allows G3-X to run 100 meters in 8 seconds and jump up to 20 meters of height. The armor structure of the system has multiple similarities with the one used for the Power Chest for better protection, along with having various air-fit bags embedded.
- Head Section
Kamen Rider G3-X's mouth grill. It can be used to remove carbon monoxide from fires and supply oxygen to the wearer along with filtering out oxygen even when underwater. This equipment shares the same name with and is most likely a homage to Kamen Rider X's mouth grill, although unlike X's, it is not used in a transforming sequence.
- Red Eyeser (MDSS Ver 2)
Kamen Rider G3-X's eyes with increased sensitivity and durability to the cover lenses. Viewing range is tripled compared to G3's.
- Rider Height: 185 cm
- Rider Weight: 125 kg
- Puching Power: 1 t
- Kicking Power: 2 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 5 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 13.5 seconds
- Defense: 6
G3 Mild is a test unit for a mass-production model of the G3-System. It incorporates parts from both the standard G3-System and G3-X. However, funding was inadequate, causing the development of mass-produced G3 forces to stall. The suit is still in its early prototype stage, resulting in it being even weaker than the standard G3-System. The automatic fitting function from the G3-System was adapted so that anyone could equip it. To test this function, Takahiro was chosen to use the system.
- Guardacceler: An electromagnetic jutte, stored on left leg, hand-carried or inserted into Guard Chaser throttle port in use
- GM-01 Scorpion: A modular magnum pistol, stored on right hip, hand-carried in use. Compatible with the GG-02 Salamander module attachment
- GG-02 Salamander: A grenade launcher module that could be attached to barrel of the GM-01 Scorpion.
- GS-03 Destroyer: A high-frequency sword, mounted on left arm when in use.
- GA-04 Antoures: A wire-anchor hook, mounted on left arm when in use.
- GX-05 Kerberos: A multi-mode Gatling gun, hand-carried in use; modular attachment include GM-01 “Scorpion” and tracker scope; exclusive only to the G3-X
- GK-06 Unicorn: An electromagnetic combat knife, stored left arm, hand carried in use.
- Guard Chaser: G3's motorcycle that was served as the successor to the TryChaser series of motorcycles, which stores his primary weapons, based upon the designs of Kuuga's TryGouram/BeatGouram bikes.
- G-Trailer: G3's base of operations which was operated by Ozawa and Omuro.
- KamenRide: G3: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider G3. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider G3. First used to battle the Onigashima brothers , G3 is quickly possessed by Urataros. In Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Diend was able to summon G3's Complete Form - G3-X.
Behind the scenes
During the planning of G3-X's design by PLEX, he was originally going to be equipped with a riot shield. For some unexplained reason, this idea was scrapped from the final design. This concept, while never used in the series, would be featured on the dust jacket of the book Kamen Rider Art Collection Hero Hen.
- A set of G3-X's chestplates were painted silver and repurposed as part of the V-1 suit.
- A black Kamen Rider G3 model was used in an early testing of Kamen Rider Kabuto Cast Off Rider toyline.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 TV Asahi. (2001). Kamen Rider G3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- ↑ Shogakukan. (2001). Masked Rider Agito: Complete Works. First Volume. p. 31. ISBN 978-4091014788
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 MediaWorks. (2002). Masked Rider Agito: Hybrid File. p. 67. ISBN 978-4840221719.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Shogakukan. (2002). Masked Rider Agito: Complete Works. Second Volume. p. 24. ISBN 978-4091014795
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Hobby Japan. (2007). S.I.C. Official Diorama Story: S.I.C. Hero Saga. Vol. 2. p. 37. ISBN 978-4894256309.