|This article is about a/an special show in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|WARNING: This special show contains scenes of graphic violence and alcohol drinking. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kamen Rider G (仮面ライダーG Kamen Raidā Jī, Masked Rider G) was a television special featured on Japanese boy band SMAP's television show SmaSTATION on January 31, 2009. Produced in association with Toei Company, TV Asahi, and Ishimori Productions, the special celebrated TV Asahi's 50th year being on the air as well as acting as a promotional piece for the 10th Heisei Kamen Rider Series, Kamen Rider Decade.
Goro is a sommelier who transforms into the titular Kamen Rider G to fight the former anti-terrorism unit Shade, who captured and brainwashed him into a soldier, before the unit went underground due to the use of kidnapped people as supersoldiers. During a raid at TV Asahi led by Daidō Oda, who demands the release of their imprisoned leader, Seizan Tokugawa, Goro encounters his girlfriend Eri Hinata. She jogs his memory and he attacks his former comrades while getting Eri out of harm's way. This makes Oda reveal his true form as the Phylloxera Worm while his subordinates transform into the Acarina Worm, the Subst Worm, the Brachypelma Worm Viridis, and the Cochlea Worm to attempt to destroy the traitor. After an extended fight across the city and countryside, G manages to defeat Phylloxera Worm thanks to the encouragement of Decade and the other primary Heisei Riders appearing before him. Running off, Goro vows to save the world from Shade before returning to Eri.
|Kamen Rider G||Goro|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga||Yusuke Onodera|
|Kamen Rider Agito||Shoichi Tsugami|
|Kamen Rider Ryuki||Shinji Kido|
|Kamen Rider Faiz||Takumi Inui|
|Kamen Rider Blade||Kazuma Kenzaki|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki||Hitoshi Hidaka|
|Kamen Rider Kabuto||Soji Tendo|
|Kamen Rider Den-O||Momotaros|
|Kamen Rider Kiva||Wataru Kurenai|
|Kamen Rider Decade||Tsukasa Kadoya|
- Main article: Shade
- Goro (吾郎 Gorō) : Goro Inagaki (稲垣 吾郎 Inagaki Gorō)
- Eri Hinata (日向 恵理 Hinata Eri): Yumiko Shaku (釈由美子 Shaku Yumiko)
- Daidō Oda (織田 大道 Oda Daidō): Yusuke Kamiji (上地 雄輔 Kamiji Yūsuke)
- Seizan Tokugawa (徳川 清山 Tokugawa Seizan): Show Aikawa (哀川 翔 Aikawa Shō)
- Medical Experiment: Kohei Murakami (村上 幸平 Murakami Kōhei)
- Shade Members: Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru), Kenji Matsuda (松田 賢二 Matsuda Kenji)
- Announcer: Yoko Osita (TV Asahi)
- Security Guards: Kazutoshi Yokoyama (横山 一敏 Yokoyama Kazutoshi), Eitoku (永徳)
- Yokoyama and Eitoku have served as suit actors in various iterations of the Kamen Rider Series.
- Others: Hikaru Takahashi (高橋 光 Takahashi Hikaru), Fumie Nakashima (中島 芙美枝 Nakashima Fumie), Manami Yukishiro, Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Decade (Voice): Masahiro Inoue (井上 正大 Inoue Masahiro)
- Kamen Rider Kuuga, Kamen Rider Ryuki (Voice): Ryouta Murai (村井 良大 Murai Ryōta)
- Phylloxera Worm (フィロキセラワーム Firokisera Wāmu, Voice): Katsumi Shiono (塩野 勝美 Shiono Katsumi)
- Shiono has provided voice effects for various monsters in the Kamen Rider Series.
- Narration: Ichirō Nagai
- Kamen Rider G: Jun Watanabe
- Kamen Rider Decade: Seiji Takaiwa
- Phylloxera Worm: Jiro Okamoto
- Worms: Hiroyuki Muraoka, Shinichi Kaneda, Norihito Ito, Masashi Takada
- Several references can be made to past Kamen Rider series, mainly Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Kamen Rider G's transformation pose is similar to that of Kamen Rider Gatack and the transformation sequence is similar to that of Kamen Rider Faiz.
- The enemy fought is a Worm.
- The soundtracks used are from Kamen Rider 555, (The Faiz Blaster music is used for the transformation music) and Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- When executing Swirling Rider Kick, the energy charged to power the kick is similar to how Kamen Rider Kabuto's and Gatack's Rider Kicks are charged.
- The rose of death is a reference to Kamen Rider Caucasus, who leaves a blue rose near the body of his murdered victim.
- Tokyo Tower can be seen near the ending, another reference to Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- During the helicopter chase scene, Kamen Rider G is riding Kamen Rider V3's Hurricane from the film Kamen Rider The Next.
- During the beginning of the mall scene, a statue of Doraemon and a movie poster for Engine Sentai Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger, which premiered the same month as G, can be seen.
- Kamen Rider G at Wikipedia
- Kamen Rider G at Japanese Wikipedia
- TV Asahi's 50th Anniversary (Japanese)
- SmaSTATION official website (Japanese)
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
Heisei Era (2000-2009)
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
Reiwa Era (2019-)
|Zero-One • Saber|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|