|This article is about a/an video game in Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.|
A fighting game based on Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was released for the Nintendo DS and Wii platforms by D3 Publisher on November 17, 2009, despite the official trailer announcing a December 2009 release.
Nintendo DS version
The Nintendo DS version was developed by Natsume. In this game, the player uses Advent Cards to perform special attacks, depending on how much the Advent Gauge is filled up, with the Final Vent being used when all three bars are full. The player can charge the Rider's Advent Gauge by touching and holding the Rider until all three bars are full. The player is also able to select two more different cards before starting a battle.
The game's "Ventara Mode" is a series of missions where the player fight Advent Beasts and other Kamen Riders, with a chance of unlocking them (as well as more Advent Cards) in a certain mission. Xaviax is the final boss and has a different ending for each of the playable Riders except for Wrath who fights Dragon Knight as the final boss due to Wrath being possessed by Xaviax as in the show. Xaviax himself becomes a playable character in "Duel Mode" once all 13 Riders are unlocked and the player has defeated every mission (including defeating Xaviax himself) available in the "Ventara Mode" for each Rider.
Despite being a fighting game, it only supports single player.
- See also: Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes
The Wii version was developed by Eighting and uses a modified engine based on Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes for the PlayStation 2, which was also developed by Eighting. It even uses the same stages and music. Dragon Knight and Onyx's character models were even recycled from Ryuki and Ryuga's character models. However, the gameplay was changed significantly. The Rider Gauge (now Advent Gauge) does not charge anymore. It can only be filled up by attacking the opponent without special attacks. Depending on how much the Advent Gauge is filled up, the player can perform special attacks by using an Advent Card, with the Final Vent being used when the gauge is full. The player can also select any Advent Card they want before the fight.
Unlike the DS version, the player can only play as the 13 Riders. The rest of the Riders and their Cards can only be unlocked in Arcade Mode and "Mirror World" mode, respectively. Xaviax is only a non-playable boss in both Arcade and "Mirror World".
The game's "Mirror World" mode is a feature not in Climax Heroes and is also a series of missions where the player not only fights Riders in one-on-one battles, but also defeats Advent Beasts in beat 'em up-like stages, which were not featured in the Climax Heroes series until Climax Heroes OOO for the PSP and Wii, with more stages and kaijins. As the player progresses, they are able to unlock Dragon Knight and Wing Knight’s Survive Modes (if one or the other is used to complete Mirror World) and gain Rider Points to buy more Advent Cards in Card Mode.
Unlike the single player-only DS version, the Wii version supports up to two players.
With the exception of Wing Knight and Siren, all of the Kamen Riders in the game are the Earth Riders.
These Riders are unlocked at the beginning of the game.
- Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
- Kamen Rider Wing Knight
- Kamen Rider Torque
- Kamen Rider Incisor
- Kamen Rider Camo
- Kamen Rider Siren
These Riders can only be unlocked through specific means, each of which is listed below.
- Kamen Rider Sting
- Unlocked by completing Arcade with Dragon Knight.
- Kamen Rider Thrust
- Unlocked by completing Arcade with Wing Knight.
- Kamen Rider Spear
- Unlocked by completing Arcade with Camo.
- Kamen Rider Axe
- Unlocked by completing Arcade with Torque.
- Kamen Rider Strike
- Unlocked by completing Arcade with Siren.
- Kamen Rider Wrath
- Unlocked by completing Arcade without losing a single round after all other Riders, including the Survive Mode Dragon Knight and Wing Knight and excluding Onyx, have been unlocked. This can be completed with any Rider.
- Kamen Rider Onyx
- Unlocked by playing through Arcade as Wrath without losing a single round.
- Dragon Knight Survive Mode (dubbed Survive Mode Dragon Knight in the game)
- Unlocked by completing Mirror World with Dragon Knight.
- Wing Knight Survive Mode (dubbed Survive Mode Wing Knight in the game)
- Unlocked by completing Mirror World with Wing Knight.
- Arena (Day)
- Parking Garage
- Undergroud Base
- Under Railroad Bridge
- Beach (Day)
- Dragon Knight, Onyx: Johnny Yong Bosch
- Wing Knight, Torque: Peter Doyle
- Incisor, System Voice: Sam Riegel
- Camo: David Vincent
- Strike, Thrust: Kaiji Tang
- Sting: Jack Bauer
- Axe: Grant George
- Spear: Vic Mignogna
- Siren: Elle Deets
- Wrath, Trash Mob B: Liam O'Brien
- Xaviax, Trash Mob A: Kyle Hebert