|This article is about a/an movie in Kamen Rider Den-O.|
Kamen Rider Den-O: I'm Born! (劇場版 仮面ライダー電王 俺、誕生！ Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Den'ō Ore, Tanjō!) is the theatrical film adaptation of the Kamen Rider TV series directed by Takao Nagaishi and written by Yasuko Kobayashi. The movie takes place between episodes 27 and 28 of the series, featuring the DenLiner and its passengers travel as far back as the Edo period of Japan.
The film is produced by Ishimori Productions and Toei, the producers of all the previous television series and films of Kamen Rider. Following the tradition of all Heisei Kamen Rider movies, it is a double bill with 2007's Super Sentai movie, Juken Sentai Gekiranger: Nei-Nei! Hou-Hou! Hong Kong Decisive Battle, both of which premiered on August 4, 2007. The film's title is translated into English as both Masked Rider Den-O The Movie: I'm Born! and I'll be born! on the initial collector's pack DVD release.
During its first week at the theaters, the movie came in 4th place and was the highest selling Japanese production of the week.
As shown in episode 27, Ryotaro pursues the Molech Imagin to May 8, 2000. Though Den-O Sword Form destroys the Molech Imagin, the Imagin fulfilled his mission as the DenLiner ends up hijacked by the rest of the Imagin led by a rogue Kamen Rider named Kamen Rider Gaoh. After stealing Owner's Master Pass and trapping Urataros and Kintaros, Gaoh forces the DenLiner to travel back in time via "God's Line" to the Edo Period of Japan so he can retrieve the legendary God's Train, the Gaoh-Liner.
Trapped in 2000, Ryotaro and Hana encounter Ryotaro's younger self at age 10 as well as their old friend, the Imagin Sieg. In order to prevent confusion between the two incarnations of Ryotaro, they call the younger one "Kotaro". By the time Yuto finds them, Ryotaro has lost his memory of everything related to Den-O. As a result, Momotaros cannot possess him, forcing him to take Kotaro as a host instead. However, Sieg's special talents allow him to still possess Ryotaro, offering his aid when the gang uses the ZeroLiner to pursue Gaoh, with Kotaro joining them.
After being sent into the Mesozoic period by Gaoh, the gang arrived in the Edo Era and got Senhime's aid in sneaking into the camp of Yukimura Sanada who is aiding Gaoh. Though the reunited Tarōs defeat Sanada's ninjas, Gaoh succeeds in obtaining the Gaoh-Liner and travels forward to December 26, 1988, the day Ryotaro was born, to make an example out of Ryotaro. Ryotaro and Momotaros are forced to fight him and his band on his own until Yuto arrives with the past Ryotaros he borrowed for the "Climax Scene".
After the long battle, the Den-Os and Zeronos emerge victorious as Gaoh is destroyed by Sword Form. On the return trip back to his own time, the DenLiner comes across Ryotaro's old house as Ryotaro finally gets to see the face of his parents for the first and last time. Sieg and Kotaro also return to their respective timelines as well, resuming their places in history. When Ryotaro returns to the present, he finds a drawing of his parents in the picture frame where the original photo once was.
Continuity and Placement
This film easily fits between the twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth episodes; however the appearance of the three possessed Ryotaro during the movie's climax is associated with Yuto Sakurai pulling Ryotaro out of time three separate times during two prior episodes.
Kamen Rider Den‑O Sword Form
Kamen Rider Den‑O Rod Form
Kamen Rider Den‑O Ax Form
Kamen Rider Den‑O Gun Form
Kamen Rider Den‑O Wing Form
Kamen Rider Zeronos
Kamen Rider Zeronos Vega Form
Kamen Rider Mini Den‑O
|Kamen Rider Gaoh||Gaoh|
- Ryotaro Nogami (野上 良太郎 Nogami Ryōtarō): Takeru Satoh (佐藤 健 Satō Takeru)
- Hana (ハナ Hana): Yuriko Shiratori (白鳥 百合子 Shiratori Yuriko)
- Naomi (ナオミ Naomi): Rina Akiyama (秋山 莉奈 Akiyama Rina)
- Owner (オーナー Ōnā): Kenjirō Ishimaru (石丸 謙二郎 Ishimaru Kenjirō)
- Airi Nogami (野上 愛理 Nogami Airi): Wakana Matsumoto (松本 若菜 Matsumoto Wakana)
- Seigi Ozaki (尾崎 正義 Ozaki Seigi): Akira Nagata (永田 彬 Nagata Akira) of Run&Gun
- Issē Miura (三浦 イッセー Miura Issē): Ryo Ueno (上野 亮 Ueno Ryō)
- Yuto Sakurai (桜井 侑斗 Sakurai Yūto): Yuichi Nakamura (中村 優一 Nakamura Yūichi)
- Gaoh (牙王 Gaō): Hiroyuki Watanabe (渡辺 裕之 Watanabe Hiroyuki)
- Senhime (千姫): Aki Hoshino (星野 亜希 Hoshino Aki)
- Sanada Yukimura (真田 幸村 Sanada Yukimura): Tomonori Jinnai (陣内 智則 Jinnai Tomonori)
- Kotaro (小太郎 Kotarō): Takuya Mizoguchi (溝口 琢矢 Mizoguchi Takuya)
- Hiroshi Katō (加藤 浩 Katō Hiroshi): Minoru Matsumoto (松本 実 Matsumoto Minoru)
- Shinichi Nogami (野上 真一 Nogami Shin'ichi): Masashi Sasaki (佐々木 征史 Sasaki Masashi)
- Kayoko Nogami (野上 加世子 Nogami Kayoko): Ryoko Matsui (松井 涼子 Matsui Ryōko)
- Airi Nogami (in 1988) (野上 愛理（1988年） Nogami Airi): Miyuri Kudō (工藤 美友里 Kudō Miyuri)
- Sasuke (佐助 Sasuke): Shingo Kawaguchi (川口 真五 Kawaguchi Shingo)
- Saizō (才蔵 Saizō): Yoshiyuki Yamaguchi (山口 祥行 Yamaguchi Yoshiyuki)
- Momotaros (モモタロス Momotarosu): Toshihiko Seki (関 俊彦 Seki Toshihiko)
- Urataros (ウラタロス Uratarosu): Kōji Yusa (遊佐 浩二 Yusa Kōji)
- Kintaros (キンタロス Kintarosu): Masaki Terasoma (てらそま まさき Terasoma Masaki)
- Ryutaros (リュウタロス Ryūtarosu): Kenichi Suzumura (鈴村 健一 Suzumura Ken'ichi)
- Deneb (デネブ Denebu): Hōchū Ōtsuka (大塚 芳忠 Ōtsuka Hōchū)
- Sieg (ジーク Jīku): Shin-ichiro Miki (三木 眞一郎 Miki Shin'ichirō)
- Molech Imagin (モレクイマジン Moreku Imajin): Hidenori Tokuyama (徳山 秀典 Tokuyama Hidenori)
- Cobra Imagin (コブライマジン Kobura Imajin): Takashi Hagino (萩野 崇 Hagino Takashi)
- Newt Imagin (ニュートイマジン Nyūto Imajin): Yasuka Saitoh (齋藤 ヤスカ Saitō Yasuka)
- Salamander Imagin (サラマンダーイマジン Saramandā Imajin): Masato Uchiyama (内山 眞人 Uchiyama Masato)
- Den-O Sword Form/Momotaros, Den-O Wing Form: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Den-O Rod Form/Urataros: Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku)
- Den-O Ax Form/Kintaros: Jirō Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō)
- Den-O Gun Form/Ryutaros: Toshihiro Ogura (おぐら としひろ Ogura Toshihiro)
- Kamen Rider Zeronos: Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto)
- Deneb, Kamen Rider Gaoh: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Sieg: Naoki Nagase (永瀬 尚希 Nagase Naoki)
- Mini Den-O: Yayoi Sano (佐野 弥生 Sano Yayoi) and Takuya Mizoguchi
- Den-O: Sword Form, Wing Form
- Den-O (U-Ryotaro): Rod Form
- Den-O (K-Ryotaro): Ax Form
- Den-O (R-Ryotaro): Gun Form
- Mini Den-O: Sword Form
- Zeronos: Altair Form, Vega Form
- Gaoh: Gaoh Form
- Theme song
- "Yume de Aeta Nara…" (夢で逢えたなら… If We Met in a Dream…)
- Lyrics, Composition, & Arrangement:
- Artist: 175R
- Insert song
- "Climax Jump HIPHOP ver."
- Composition & Arrangement:
- Other songs
- "Double-Action Gaoh form"
- Lyrics: Shōko Fujibayashi
- Composition: LOVE+HATE
- Arrangement: Shūhei Naruse
- Artist: Gaoh (Hiroyuki Watanabe)
This song was not utilized in the theatrical release of the film but was placed on its soundtrack. It was also placed in the Final Cut Version DVD release.
- "Double-Action Wing form"
- Lyrics: Shōko Fujibayashi
- Composition: LOVE+HATE
- Arrangement: Shuhei Naruse
- Artist: Ryotaro Nogami & Sieg (Takeru Satoh & Shin-ichiro Miki)
This song was not utilized in the theatrical release but was used in the Final Cut Version. It also plays during Sieg's appearance in the final episode of the TV series.
The movie was initially released on DVD in Japan on January 28, 2008, in a normal edition that came with a bonus disc. On May 21, 2008, a Director's Cut version was released which contains 12 minutes of unreleased footage, the Momotaros's Summer Vacation short, and a special release CD with "Double-Action Gaoh Form" and "Double-Action Wing Form Ver." on it.
- This is the only film appearance of Hana, before actress Yuriko Shiratori left the show.
- This is also the only summer film that doesn't feature the primary Rider's final form.
- Den-O's climax fight with Gaoh is featured in Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
- This is the first summer film since Kamen Rider Agito: Project G4 to be canon to the series.
- Den-O-Movie.jp - Official website for Kamen Rider Den-O: I'm Born! (Inactive)
- Toei's Blog postings for Den-O: I'm Born!
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Kamen Rider Den-O: I'm Born!. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Kamen Rider Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.|