|This article is about a/an rider form used by several identities in the Kamen Rider Series.|
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva (仮面ライダーダークキバ Kamen Raidā Dāku Kiba), also known as in dialogue as the Kiva of Darkness (闇のキバ Yami no Kiba). Dark Kiva may refer to any of the following characters.
Beast Rider Squad
A fake Kamen Rider Dark Kiva was part of a quartet of holographic Kamen Riders recreated by Foundation X to form the Beast Rider Squad led by the revived Takeshi Asakura. Dark Kiva was defeated alongside Tiger by Kamen Rider Brave Quest Gamer Level 2 wielding the Gashacon Sword.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva
- ―Dark Kivat's transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 205 cm
- Rider Weight: 112 kg
- Ability perimeters
Dark Kiva only appears to have one form, similar to that of Kiva Emperor Form, only in black and red. However, Dark Kiva does not require the use of a being such as Tatsulot to achieve this form. As Dark Kiva, the wearer has access to a unlimited potential of power that is hindered for Kiva such as telekinesis and the use of the Kiva insignia as a weapon.
In search of power stronger than the Saga armor, the Fangire created a new armor meant for the second king. The armor is also known in dialogue as the "Kiva of Darkness" (闇の木場 Yami no Kiba), and can reach its limits by accessing the wearer's natural abilities, but it has the drawback of making the wearer lose control. The first King, now equipped with the Dark Kiva armor used the Wake Up III finisher "King's World End" during the fight against the Legendorgas. Due to the huge loss of Fangire life after the finisher was used, Knight and Pawn sealed off the use of the finishing attack.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva has the following parts:
- King's Persona (キングス・ペルソナ Kingusu Perusona) - Dark Kiva's helmet. The bat-like wings on the head are called "Zenon Stabilizers", and spreads the stress on the user's brain by maximizing the demonic power of the user and armor.
- Darkness Breast (ダークネスブレスト Dākunesu Buresuto) - A depressant called Darkness Tar is applied to the armor to control the demonic power which is amplified by the 3 Demon Emperor Stones to prevent self destruction. The silver stripe in the center is called the Satan's Vessel (サタンベッセル Satan Besseru). It is an energy conduit which is connected to Kivat-Bat II to control the demonic power.
- Demon Emperor Stone (魔皇石 Ma Ō Ishi) - Like Kiva Emperor Form, the stones control the air, water and Earth, and amplifies the strength of the user by ten. The purity is higher than Emperor Form's 3 stones and has stronger amplification powers.
- Darkness Veil (ダークネスベール Dākunesu Bēru) - The cape. It can neutralize all physical attacks in the world. By swinging the cape, Dark Kiva can generate a blade of darkness to penetrate enemy defenses.
- Satan Mail (サタンメイル Satan Meiru) - The undersuit made of GaoraDoran leather. The material is rare, and it is made using the finest quality 1200 year-old Doran leather, and boasts 3 times the defense of Kiva's armor.
- Bloody Shoulder (ブラッディショルダー Buraddi Shorudā) - The shoulder armor made of polished Bloody Stone, has a blade that is sharp enough to cut like a razor with just a touch. It functions as armor and a powerful weapon in close combat.
- Bloody Armor (ブラッディアーマー Buraddi Āmā) - The bright crimson armor made of Bloody Stone. It is said it is not possible to refine it further, it stores demonic power and combines the power with the user.
- Stabilize Shadow (スタビライズシャドー Sutabiraizu Shadō) - The black lines on the Bloody Armor. They are restraint bands made of Darkness Tar with the purpose of cooling down the demonic power to protect the user from being overpowered and self destructing as a result.
- Kivat-Bat the 2nd - King's Kivat partner and servant.
- Dark Kivat Belt - Transformation device that forms when Kivat bites King.
- Fuestles - Whistle-like devices that activate a function, depending on the Fuestle.
- Zanvat Sword - Dark Kiva's personal weapon.
- Height: 32m
- Length: 41m
- Weight: 18,000t
- Estimated age: 298 years old (29 in dragon years)
- Maximum walking speed: 80km/h
- Flight speed: 120km/h
- Main article: Castle Doran
Castle Doran (キャッスルドラン Kyassuru Doran) is the King's base of operations which is of the Doran Race (ドラン族 Doran Zoku). Though originally called the Great Wyvern (グレートワイバーン Gurēto Waibān), the Fangires captured it and bonded it to the mold of a castle so it would serve as the base of the Checkmate Four within the forest of the Fangires. After the King's death in 1986, it would become masterless until Wataru, through Kivat, inherited it from his mother Maya.
- Height: 2020mm
- Weight: 540kg
- Maximum flight speed: 650km/h
- Main article: Demon Statue Buroon
The Demon Statue Buroon (魔像ブロン Mazō Buron) is a Golem (ゴーレム Gōremu) made of Lucifer Gold (ルシファーゴールド Rushifā Gōrudo) which is a tool made by the Fangires.
Legend Rider Devices
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Dark Kiva is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a Wizardriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Dark Kiva.
- "(Digital beeping) Dark Kiva!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "The Fangire king that wears the dark armor is... (Clock ticking noise) Dark Kiva! (闇の鎧をまとったファンガイアの王は…ダークキバだ！ Yami no yoroi o matotta Fangaia no ō wa... Dāku Kiba da!)"
- ―Secondary activation announcement[src]
- "Rider Time! Wake Up! Dark Kiva!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! Wake Up! Dark Kiva!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]
- "Finish Time! Dark Kiva! Darkness Time (Break/Burst)!"
- ―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]
Dark Kiva Ridewatch (ダークキバライドウォッチ Dāku Kiba Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Dark Kiva, this Ridewatch would provide access to the DarkKivaArmor. It is dated 2008. This Ridewatch was one of the five winners of a poll held by Bandai to select Riders to be used in a five-pack of DX Ridewatches.
Behind the scenes
Having several users, Kamen Rider Dark Kiva had two suit actors. The main suit actor for Dark Kiva (King) was Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji), who was also suit actor for Kamen Rider Kiva and Garulu. When used by Otoya Kurenai and Taiga Nobori, Dark Kiva's suit actor is Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku), who was also suit actor for Kamen Rider Saga and Dogga.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "TV Asahi's page for Dark Kiva". https://web.archive.org/web/20121024000555/http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiva/rider/darkkiva_00.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=420&width=400.
- ↑ https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/dictionaries/works_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_dictionaries_form%5Bkamen_rider_id=9&search_dictionaries_form%5Bicon=11&initial=%E3%81%9F