|This article is about a/an rider form used by several identities in the Kamen Rider Series.|
Kamen Rider Dark Drive (仮面ライダーダークドライブ Kamen Raidā Dāku Doraibu) may refer to any of the following characters.
- "Drive: Type Next! (Orchestral rock music)"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 199 cm
- Weight: 103.8 kg
- Punching power: 24 t.
- Kicking power: 40 t.
- Maximum jump height: 50 m.
- Maximum running speed: 100 m. per 0.446 sec.
Type Next (タイプネクスト Taipu Nekusuto) is Dark Drive's Mercedes-based form. Accessed through the Next side of the Shift Next Special Car, this form bears the Type Next Tire (タイプネクストタイヤ Taipu Nekusuto Taiya).
This form is exclusive to Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future.
- Drive Driver - Belt-based transformation device
- Shift Brace - Bracelet-based transformation device
- Shift Cars - Gives access to Dark Drive's forms and powers, depending on which car is used. They also allow Dark Drive to move normally during a Slowdown.
- Blade Gunner - Dark Drive's main weapon, a combat dagger
Behind the Scenes
- The identity of Dark Drive was the subject of mystery in the run-up to the premiere of Surprise Future, with a trailer following the Drive episode airing on the Sunday before the film's release offering six suspects: Go Shijima, Krim Steinbelt, Chase, Kiriko Shijima, Eiji Tomari, and Shinji Koba. Ultimately, it turned out to be technically both Krim and Eiji, but in reality neither of them due to the Paradox Roidmude disguising as them.
- The color scheme of Dark Drive's suit is similar to the Light Suit worn by the characters from the TRON Universe.
- The color scheme of Dark Drive's suit is similar to Neziregia Mobile Commander Yugande's Strong form from Denji Sentai Megaranger, as well as Brajira of the Messiah and his Buredoran guises from Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
- While most Riders have had dark counterparts, Dark Drive is the fourth Kamen Rider in the franchise to have "Dark" officially in his name. The first Rider to have this would be Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto from Kamen Rider Kabuto, followed by Kamen Rider Dark Kiva from Kamen Rider Kiva, then Kamen Rider Dark Decade from the video game series Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes.