|This article is about a/an movie in Kamen Rider Build.|
Kamen Rider Build: Be The One (劇場版 仮面ライダービルド: ビー・ザ・ワン Gekijō-ban Kamen Raidā Birudo: Bī Za Wan) is a Japanese superhero film that serves as the summer movie adaptation of Kamen Rider Build, double billed with Lupinranger vs. Patranger en Film. In the film, Sento must find a way to retake his home after the Blood Tribe has turned his friends and allies against him. The film's epilogue features an early-bird appearance of Kamen Rider Zi-O ahead of his in-series debut.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Continuity and Placement
- 4 Characters
- 5 Cast
- 6 Forms and Collectibles Used
- 7 Theme song
- 8 International Movie Theaters
- 9 Errors
- 10 Notes
- 11 External Links
- 12 References
Set after the events of the Japanese Civil War, the newly appointed governors of Seito, Hokuto and Touto now support each other in their mission to reunify Japan, however they are secretly members of Evolto's home clan known as the Blood Tribe, who each have assumed government positions in order to take over the entire world. Being certain that Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build is a major threat to their plans, they proceed with their Build Annihilation Plan (ビルド殲滅計画 Birudo Senmetsu Keikaku) to manipulate Sento's friends and other civilians against him. With Ryuga Banjo now against him, Sento must find a way to fight and survive as he hunts for the truth to stop the Blood Tribe in succeeding with their ultimate plan.
The movie begins with a POV shot of the Pandora Box being released and the walls going up, it appears to be from Sento’s eyes and his father telling him to get somewhere safe. Quick cuts to present day with a public conference of the unification of Seito, Hokuto and Touto and the designation of a governor for each region with Pandora Tower at its center. Sento is complaining about the heat while riding his bike on the phone to Sawa and Misora. He comes across a brother and sister being attacked by two Smash. He transforms and fights before the screen cuts back to a new character, Kengo Ino, at the press conference. He says for peace to come, Kamen Riders must become extinct and the crowd chants extinction. He uses his ability to manipulate the civilians who fall silent and begin walking off different directions, entirely noiseless. Build defeats the two Smash when groups of civilians appear, charging at him and engulfing him.
He manages to sneak out of the crowd and is chased throughout town, even getting back to the Cafe and is attacked by Sawa and Misora. He releases some gas in the lab and hides in the Fullbottle purification machine until they’re knocked out.
The three governors have a meeting with Evolto and reveal themselves to be the Blood Tribe, survivors of the same race as Evolto who aim to destroy the planet and consume it. It is also revealed that they had been acting in the shadows ever since the Sky Wall appeared and manipulated each territory during the war until Evolto changed his mind and their plans were disrupted. Evolto tells them he won’t interfere but reminds them he has the upper hand with the power of the Pandora Box.
Ryuga is picked up in a limo after visiting his girlfriend’s gravestone. Mitsuomi, the Zebra Lost Smash, appears in the limo, causing Ryuga to jump out from the car. They then both transform and fight. Mitsuomi reveals that he was the one who ordered Kasumi to be turned into a Smash. Ryuga loses the fight and is becomes controlled like the other civilians.
Sento infiltrates a lab and discovers that the three governors are the other astronauts from the Mars mission. He is discovered and chased again by civilians before running into Kazumi and Gentoku, who transform to help hold them for Sento to escape. Ryoka appears before them and transforms into the Scissors Lost Smash. Sento gets away as Kazumi and Gentoku are captured. Sento then meets Ryuga and Kengo. After fighting, Ryuga beats Sento and takes the Hazard Trigger. Kengo absorbs Ryuga along with the Scissors and Zebra Lost Smash, then uses the Hazard Trigger, Cobra Lost Fullbottle and Great Cross-Z Dragon with Ryuga's Build Driver to become Kamen Rider Blood. He easily defeats Sento, but before he can deal the final blow, Evolto appears and takes Sento away.
Sento wakes up on a boat with Soichi in the rain. They talk and Sento leaves, visiting the alley where Evolto pretended to find him without his memories. In his mind, Sento talks with Takumi about the events leading up to this point, This includes the fact that the Rider System was one of the biggest causes of the war, which is a thought Sento keeps struggling with. Takumi argues that to win, Sento has to kill Ryuga, which Sento disregards.
Later, Utsumi offers to break Kazumi and Gentoku out of captivity if they beg. Kazumi refuses, but Gentoku gives in. Kengo contacts Sento and demands the Pandora Box in exchange for Ryuga’s life. Ryuga, Kengo, Mitsuomi and Ryoka are outside, surrounded by civilians under their control. Sento arrives on his bike with the Pandora Box. Kengo becomes Kamen Rider Blood and Sento transforms into Build Genius Form. Kengo reveals that his encounter with Ryuga was orchestrated. They fight and Sento recalls one of Takumi's memory's in which his father told him that Ryuga holds the key to all the events to come. Takumi then asked why he became a scientist and his father replied "For love and peace". Sento manages to pull Ryuga out of Blood. Blood takes the Pandora Box down into the ground, heading for the center of the Earth so that he can destroy the planet. Gentoku and Kazumi appear and fight the Scissors and Zebra Lost Smash. Misora uses her powers to free Ryuga from Kengo’s control. The Gold Rabbit and Silver Dragon Fullbottles fuse into the Cross-ZBuild Can. Sento and Ryuga use it to transform into Build Cross-ZBuild Form.
They head down to fight Blood, and while they initially struggle to control their new form, they force Blood back to the surface and defeat him with the Love & Peace Finish. Kazumi and Gentoku win their respective battles. The humans under the Blood Tribe's control forget about what happened and Sento is a bit disappointed that no one knows what they went through.
In a post-credits scene, Sento is working on the White Pandora Box panel when it suddenly opens up a bottle that engulfs him. He is teleported to an outside location and overhears fighting over the side of a cliff. All of the Heisei Riders are there fighting their respective final villains. Zi-O arrives in and then exits out the Time Mazine. Sento begins to see Zi-O's helmet starting to pronounce from his insignia and then his eyes. Sento and Zi-O briefly talk and Zi-O comments how he already has Build’s power. He uses the Build Ridewatch and jumps off the cliff, transforming mid-fall. He fights the villains before using the Vortex Time Break.
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider Build: This movie takes place shortly after the announcement of the three new governors in episode 45.. The post-credits scene with Zi-O's cameo takes place during the events of episode 46, shortly after the creation of the White Pandora Panel and before Sento's mental conversation with Takumi.
- Despite the evolution of the Rabbit and Dragon Fullbottles in the series, Sento is able to use RabbitTank Form and the Fullbottles appear to be in their normal state at the start of the film, only to evolve before the climax fight. However, the conclusion of the film shows those Fullbottles have reverted back to their original state and are seen to evolve again at the end of the series.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: This film is non-canon to the prime timeline of Zi-O as Sougo Tokiwa never encounters Build after his interactions with him in Episode 2.
- Given the White Pandora Panel's involvement in the scene, and taking into account Zi-O's subsequent impact on the Rider multiverse, this may have taken place in an alternate world or timeline.
Kamen Rider Build
Kamen Rider Cross-Z
|Kamen Rider Grease||Kazumi Sawatari|
Kamen Rider Rogue
Kamen Rider Build (Prototype)
|Shinobu Katsuragi (Flashback only)|
Kamen Rider Build Cross-ZBuild Form
|Sento Kiryu & Ryuga Banjo|
And Introducing Zi-O
Kamen Rider Zi-O
Kamen Rider Blood
|Zebra Lost Smash||Mitsuomi Gobara|
|Scissors Lost Smash||Ryoka Saiga|
Kamen Rider Evol
|Kamen Rider Kuuga||Yusuke Godai|
|Kamen Rider Agito||Shoichi Tsugami|
|Kamen Rider Ryuki||Shinji Kido|
|Kamen Rider Faiz||Takumi Inui|
|Kamen Rider Blade||Kazuma Kenzaki|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki||Hitoshi Hidaka|
|Kamen Rider Kabuto||Soji Tendo|
|Kamen Rider Den‑O||Momotaros|
|Kamen Rider Kiva||Wataru Kurenai|
|Kamen Rider Decade||Tsukasa Kadoya|
Kamen Rider Double
|Philip & Shotaro Hidari|
Kamen Rider OOO
|Kamen Rider Fourze||Gentaro Kisaragi|
|Kamen Rider Wizard||Haruto Soma|
|Kamen Rider Gaim||Kouta Kazuraba|
|Kamen Rider Drive||Shinnosuke Tomari|
|Kamen Rider Ghost||Takeru Tenkuji|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid||Emu Hojo|
- Terror Dopant
- Kyouryu Greeed
- Scorpion Zodiarts
- Cancer Zodiarts
- Virgo Zodiarts
- Leo Zodiarts
- Sagittarius Nova
- Evolved Gremlin
- Lord Baron
- Gamma Ultima Ebony
- Sento Kiryu (桐生 戦兎 Kiryū Sento): Atsuhiro Inukai (犬飼 貴丈 Inukai Atsuhiro)
- Ryuga Banjo (万丈 龍我 Banjō Ryūga): Eiji Akaso (赤楚 衛二 Akaso Eiji)
- Kazumi Sawatari (猿渡 一海 Sawatari Kazumi): Kouhei Takeda (武田 航平 Takeda Kōhei)
- Misora Isurugi (石動 美空 Isurugi Misora): Kaho Takada (高田 夏帆 Takada Kaho)
- Nariaki Utsumi (内海 成彰 Nariaki Utsumi): Yuki Ochi (越智 友己 Ochi Yūki)
- Sawa Takigawa (滝川 紗羽 Takigawa Sawa): Yukari Taki (滝 裕可里 Taki Yukari)
- Takumi Katsuragi (葛城 巧 Katsuragi Takumi): Yukiaki Kiyama (木山廉彬 Kiyama Yukiaki)
- Gentoku Himuro (氷室 幻徳 Himuro Gentoku): Kensei Mikami (水上剣星 Mikami Kensei)
- Soichi Isurugi (石動 惣一 Isurugi Souichi): Yasuyuki Maekawa (前川泰之 Maekawa Yasuyuki)
- Evolto (エボルト Eboruto, Voice): Tetsuo Kanao (金尾 哲夫 Kanao Tetsuo)
- Build Driver (ビルドドライバー Birudo Doraibā, Voice): KORBY (コービー Kōbī)
- Sclash Driver (スクラッシュドライバー Sukurasshu Doraibā, Voice), Cross-Z Magma Knuckle (クローズマグマナックル Kurōzu Maguma Nakkuru, Voice): Norio Wakamoto (若本 規夫 Wakamoto Norio)
- Kengo Ino (伊能賢剛 Inō Kengō): Masanobu Katsumura (勝村政信 Katsumura Masanobu)
- Mitsuomi Gobara (郷原光臣 Gōbara Mitsuomi): Takashi Fujii (藤井隆 Fujii Takashi)
- Ryoka Saiga (才賀涼香 Saiga Ryōka): Rena Matsui (松井玲奈 Matsui Rena)
- Shinobu Katsuragi (葛城 忍 Katsuragi Shinobu): Joji Kokubo (小久保丈二 Kokubo Jōji)
- Kamen Rider Zi-O (仮面ライダージオウ Kamen Raidā Jiō, voice): So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō)
- Yuu Maihara (舞原 由宇 Maihara Yuu): Koharu (呼春)
- Arata Maihara (舞原 新汰 Maihara Arata): Shoki Tsuru (鶴 翔麒 Tsuru Shōki)
- Civilian: Hiromitsu Shiibashi (椎橋 宏光 Shiibashi Hiromitsu)
- News Caster: Saemi Ikeda (池田沙絵美 Ikeda Saemi)
- Weather Caster: Airi Yoshida (吉田愛梨 Yoshida Airi)
- Reporter: Asami Uchimura (内村麻美 Uchimura Asami)
- Kamen Rider Build: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Cross-Z: Eitoku (永徳)
- Kamen Rider Grease: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Rogue: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Kamen Rider Evol: Kazuya Okada (岡田 和也 Okada Kazuya)
- Kamen Rider Blood: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
- Zebra Lost Smash: Hajime Kanzaki (神前 元 Kanzaki Hajime)
- Scissors Lost Smash: Yasuaki Ishii (石井 靖見 Ishii Yasuaki)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Bottle used:
- Biotic: Dragon Magma
- Abiotic: N/A
- Other: Cross-Z Magma Knuckle
- Biotic: Rose (in Twin Breaker)
- Abiotic: Gatling (in Twin Breaker), Syoubousya (in Twin Breaker), Lock (in (Twin Breaker)
- Biotic: Crocodile Crack
- Abiotic: N/A
- Zebra Lost Smash
- Shimauma Lost
- Scissors Lost Smash
- Hasami Lost
- Form used:
- RabbitTank Form, RabbitRabbit Form, TankTank Form, HawkGatling Form, Genius Form, Cross-ZBuild Form
- Cross-Z Magma, Cross-ZBuild Form
- Jelly used:
- Bottle used:
- Form used:
- Great Cross-Z
- Black Hole Form (Phase 4: Perfection)
The theme song for the film is Everlasting Sky, performed by Beverly, who also performs the show's main theme song, Be The One. The chorus was first played at the press conference for the film and other subsequent press conferences for the film alongside Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger en Film.
International Movie Theaters
- The film was released in Hong Kong alongside Uchu Sentai Kyuranger The Movie: The Geth Indaver's Counterattack on November 12, 2018, available in both Japanese language with Cantonese subtitles, and Cantonese dub.
- The film was released in Thailand on Febuary 24, 2019, available in both Japanese language with subtitle and Thai dub. This release did not include Kyuranger's movie.
- The film was made available to stream in Mainland China's VOD-service Tencent Video on May 31, 2019.
- Star Cinema released the film in the Philippines in 2018.
- When Sento puts on the Build Driver before his fight with Blood, the sounds of the Ziku-Driver, specifically the one when a Ridewatch is inserted, is played instead of the Build Driver's usual activation sound.
- When Cross-ZBuild perform their Love & Peace Finish on Blood, the Build Driver announces "Are you ready?" instead of "Ready, go!".
- Zi-O's Time Mazine came shooting down like a meteor instead of arriving from a time portal.
- The Ziku Driver does not announce "Rider Time" before beginning the announcements for BuildArmor.
- When Zi-O BuildArmor performs his Vortrex Time Break, the Ziku Driver stays stationary the whole time, with no sign of Zi-O ever turning it to activate it.
- The title of the film is named after the show's theme song.
- Ghost being pitted against Gamma Ultima Ebony is curious; in Kamen Rider Ghost, the black-colored Ultima form was accessed exclusively by Takeru's ally Edith, while the enemy Gamma Ultima were colored white.
- This is the first time since Kamen Rider Fourze the Movie: Everyone, Space is Here! have a female vocalist sing its theme song for the movie (Anna Tsuchiya's Voyagers for Fourze movie, Beverly's Everlasting Sky for Build movie)
- Coincidentally, both movies are released on Japanese theaters on August 4.
- This film is dedicated to Daichi Nobe, who passed away two months prior to this movie's release.
- When Zi-O BuildArmor performs his Vortex Time Break attack, Wizard strangely got caught in the attack, though he was only knocked back instead of being explicitly destroyed like the monsters.
- Out of all of the Riders that appeared in the post-credit scene, Sento only explicitly recognized Ex-Aid and not the others, whom he met along with the four senior Riders (OOO, Fourze, Gaim and Ghost) in Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders after pursuing him in his past life as Takumi Katsuragi.
- During Heisei Generations FINAL, despite meeting them, Sento only had brief interactions with the four aforementioned Riders and was in cooperation with Ex-Aid for most of the movie.
- This is the first time to not have the secondary Rider using its default form throughout the movie.