|This article is about a/an film in Kamen Rider Blade.|
Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace (劇場版 仮面ライダーTemplate:Ruby Template:Ruby Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Bureido Misshingu Ēsu) is the theatrical film adaptation of the Japanese 2004 Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Blade, directed by Hidenori Ishida and Katsuya Watanabe and written by Toshiki Inoue.
The film is produced by Ishimori Productions and Toei, the producers of all the previous television series and films of the Kamen Rider series. Following the tradition of all Heisei Kamen Rider movies, it is a double bill with the movie for 2004's Super Sentai series Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger The Movie: Full Blast Action, both of which premiered on September 11, 2004. The film's title is translated into English as Masked Rider Blade The Movie: Missing Ace. This movie takes place four years after the events of an alternate ending to the events of the final episode.
The Director's Cut was released on DVD on May 21, 2005 and peaked at number 13 in the weekly Oricon chart, remaining in the list for 5 weeks.
Four years after an alternate ending to the series, in which Blade seals the Joker, the characters have moved on with their lives: Kenzaki is a garbage man, Mutsuki has graduated high school, and Kotaro has published a book about the Kamen Riders to great success, but on Amane's upcoming birthday, it was revealed that she has become a delinquent without the emotional support of Hajime. The Undead have been re-released, and a new trio of Kamen Riders—Glaive, Larc and Lance—have emerged from BOARD, now led by Tachibana. After recapturing two of the Category Aces, Kenzaki and Mutsuki join with the new Riders. When all the Undead are sealed once more, Glaive reveals himself to be the Albino Joker, a white version of the original Joker, and captures Kotaro's niece to obtain the ultimate power, sealing her in the Vanity Card. In order to free Amane from the card, Hajime is unsealed from the Joker Card and the four Riders are again united, intent on saving Amane and stopping the Albino Joker. In the end, Hajime swaps his life for Amane in the Vanity Card and allows himself to be destroyed by Blade to weaken Jashin 14. Blade uses his King Form to cut Jashin 14 in half, putting an end to the Undead.
Continuity and Placement
This movie, while mostly taking place 4 years after the end of the series, begins at the very end of the Battle Royale; where, like in series, the final battle is between Kenzaki and Aikawa/Joker. However, due to several matters regarding the conclusion of the Battle Royale which are interpreted in a different way (the factor that it was the Human Undead who won the last Battle Royale, not "humanity" as stated; the nature of the Sealing Stone and, most importantly, that allowing the Joker to be the final Undead technically means he won and thus would activate the "end of the world" scenario of the series' final two episodes), this does not take place in the main series' continuity. Other element of note include the resealing of the Spider Undead, where its sealing here merely recreates the "improperly sealed" card that lead to Leangle's possession of Mutsuki; as well as the King-Level Undead seen released in this film (Girafa & Tarantula) both act like normal monsters instead of the higher, more sophisticated Undead according to their rank.
|Kamen Rider Blade||Kazuma Kenzaki|
|Kamen Rider Garren||Sakuya Tachibana|
|Kamen Rider Chalice||Hajime Aikawa|
|Kamen Rider Leangle||Mutsuki Kamijo|
|Kamen Rider Glaive||Junichi Shimura|
|Kamen Rider Larc||Natsumi Miwa|
|Kamen Rider Lance||Shin Magaki|
- Kazuma Kenzaki (剣崎 一真 Kenzaki Kazuma): Takayuki Tsubaki (椿 隆之 Tsubaki Takayuki)
- Sakuya Tachibana (橘 朔也 Tachibana Sakuya): Kousei Amano (天野 浩成 Amano Kousei) (under the stage name "Hironari Amano")
- Hajime Aikawa (相川 始 Aikawa Hajime): Ryōji Morimoto (森本 亮治 Morimoto Ryōji)
- Mutsuki Kamijō (上城 睦月 Kamijō Mutsuki): Takahiro Hōjō (北条 隆博 Hōjō Takahiro)
- Shiori Hirose (広瀬 栞 Hirose Shiori): Yumi Egawa (江川 有未 Egawa Yumi)
- Kotaro Shirai (白井 虎太郎 Shirai Kotarō): Terunosuke Takezai (竹財 輝之助 Takezai Terunosuke)
- Haruka Kurihara (栗原 遥香 Kurihara Haruka): Kaori Yamaguchi (山口 香緒里 Yamaguchi Kaori)
- Young Amane Kurihara (幼い栗原天音 Osanai Kurihara Amane): Hikari Kajiwara (梶原 ひかり Kajiwara Hikari)
- Amane Kurihara (栗原 天音 Kurihara Amane): Miku Ishida (石田 未来 Ishida Miku)
- Kei Karasuma (烏丸 啓 Karasuma Kei): Kazuhiro Yamaji (山路 和弘 Yamaji Kazuhiro)
- Junichi Shimura (志村 純一 Shimura Jun'ichi): Yuuki Kuroda (黒田 勇樹 Kuroda Yūki)
- Natsumi Miwa (三輪 夏美 Miwa Natsumi): Yoko Mitsuya (三津谷 葉子 Mitsuya Yoko)
- Shin Magaki (禍木 慎 Magaki Shin): Takao Sugiura (杉浦 太雄 Sugiura Takao)
- Voice of Rouzer (ラウザー音声 Rauzā Onsei): Takeshi Sasaki (佐々木 健 Sasaki Takeshi)
- Voice of King Rouzer (キングラウザー音声 Kingu Rauzā Onsei): Fumihiko Tachiki (立木 文彦 Tachiki Fumihiko)
- Narration (ナレーション Narēshon): Jūrōta Kosugi (小杉 十郎太 Kosugi Jūrōta)
- Baba (馬場): Masayuki Izumi (泉 政行 Izumi Masayuki) - known for his previous role as Yuji Kiba in Kamen Rider 555
- Hanada (花田): Katsuyuki Murai (村井 克行 Murai Katsuyuki) - known for his previous role as Kyoji Murakami in Kamen Rider 555
- Department Store Security Guard (デパートの警備員 Depāto no Keibiin): Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru) - known for his previous role as Naoya Kaido in Kamen Rider 555
- Kamen Rider Blade: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Garren: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Kamen Rider Chalice: Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto)
- Kamen Rider Leangle: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō), Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Miki Fushisue
- Composition: RIDER CHIPS & Cher Watanabe
- Artist: RIDER CHIPS featuring Ricky
After his performance in "ELEMENTS," Ricky was made RIDER CHIPS' permanent vocalist.
- This movie features the first appearance of Blade's King Form, which would debut on the series in episode 34.
- The director's cut of Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace was also shown as part of the Super Hero Max 2012 special event on TV Asahi. 
- This is the second summer film to be premiere in September. The first summer film is Agito: Project G4.
- Even though Albino Joker appeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War, replacing Joker as recurring boss in post-Riders Awakening Act, Blade's fight with Glaive/Albino Joker & Joker's fight with Albino Joker is featured in Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
- This is the only summer film that have two directors filming the movie.
- The Undeads that appeared in this movie seemed out of character with an example being the Tarantula Undead who was good in the original Blade series to the point where he would sacrifice himself for others.
- It is unknown how Kenzaki managed to obtain the Evolution Caucasus Rouze Card to access King Form, since it was combined together with the other 3 Evolution Rouze Cards to form the Vanity Card.