|This article is about a film in Kamen Rider Blade.|
Kamen Rider Blade The Movie: Missing Ace (劇場版 仮面ライダー剣 ＭＩＳＳＩＮＧ ＡＣＥ, Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Bureido Misshingu Ēsu, Masked Rider ♠: Missing Ace) is a Japanese superhero film that serves as the Summer Movie adaptation of Kamen Rider Blade, double-billed with Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger The Movie: Full Blast Action. In the film, Kazuma and his allies attempt to settle in peace after four years when the Undead are released once again by the Albino Joker.
The movie catchphrases are "The story goes to the future--. Witness the final battle!" (物語は未来へーー。最終戦闘を目撃せよ！, Monogatari wa Mirai e--. Saishū batoru wo mokugeki seyo!) and "Next Generation Riders Appear!!" (次世代ライダー登場‼, Jisedai Raidā Tōjō!!).
Continuity and Placement
- The film takes place four years following the end of an alternate ending to Episode 49, where Kazuma made the decision to seal Hajime away as opposed to him deciding to become an Undead like in the series.
Somewhere in Thailand, Sakuya Tachibana leads a group of excavators and discovers an anicent monument. In the climax of the Battle Fight, Kazuma Kenzaki and Hajime Aikawa have their final showdown, where Kazuma makes his ultimate decision to seal Hajime away and save the world from destruction It's been four years since, and peaces seems to have returned to the city. However when the Undead suddenly attack, Junichi Shimura, Shin Magaki, and Natsumi Miwa transform into Kamen Riders to fight them, sealing them away.
After publishing his best selling novel on the Kamen Riders, Kotaro Shirai has emassed a fortune and receives a call to attend Amane Kurihara's 14th birthday party. He drives to pick up Kazuma Kenzaki, who is now a garbageman, as well as Mutsuki Kamijo, who has graduated school and wants to be a normal salaryman. Shiori Hirose has seemingly retired as well, as she is now engaged to be married. As Kazuma and Kotaro reminiscence about the past, several Undead attack the city, and they are both witness to the three new Riders. While the three don't recognize Kazuma, Kotaro introduces them to him. Later that day as Kazuma and Kotaro help decarate Jacaranda Cafe, Juninchi, Shin, and Natsumi arrive and arrogantly declare that Blade and his era had ended long ago. Wanting to know where the three new Riders originated, Kazuma, Kotaro, and Mutsuki follow them.
Amane, now a 14-year-old teenager, goes on a shoplifting spree with her friends, resulting in her getting arrested by the police. Junichi then introduces Kazuma to their new base, which was actually founded by Sakuya. Sakuya explains that after the Undead were sealed, a new Joker Undead had attacked them and killed Karasuma, which resulted in at least half of the entire deck being released into the wild. Furthermore, a special phenomenon had occured when all four King facecards were assembled, with two already in their possession. Kazuma, Kotaro, and Mutsuki then head to the police station to pick Amane up, though she gives an attitute and admits its because she was heartbroken by Hajime's disappearance. They are attacked by several Undead, but are saved by three Riders and Sakuya, who transforms into Garren. He recovers Mutsuki's card, allowing for Leangle to return.
Kazuma, wanting to continue helping, attempts to recruit Shiori back into the fold. Although she refuses and wants to enter a normal life, she gives Kazuma her Undead Searcher program. With the three new Riders being rather uncooperative despite Sakuya wanting them to work together, Kazuma and Mutsuki use Kotaro's new house as a base, and manage to track down the Beetle Undead. Mutsuki, as Leangle, recovers Kazuma's card, but is then attacked by Larc and Lance who are angry that Mutsuki and Kazuma got in their way. As Junichi watches from a distance, Kazuma transforms into Blade to help Leangle. Junichi comes out of hiding and transforms into Glaive, wanting to test their powers with that of the older generation. As Blade and Glaive fight, they are attacked by more Undeads, whom the two split up to fight and seal away. The one Glaive fought was a Category King, making that the third King card in their possesssion.
Shin and Natsumi are becoming restless over Blade and Leangle showing them up and attempt to steal the King cards, only to be killed by the new Joker, and Junichi having found their lifeless bodies. Kazuma, having analyzed the two cards in Shin and Natsumi's possession at the time of their deaths, a Four-Spade and a Jack-of-Clover, reports this to Shiori. Shiori having discovered from the cards, the Joker's true identity, leaves her wedding to warn the others.
While Kazuma attempts to reconcile with Amane, they are attacked by Undead once again. As Kazuma transforms into Blade to fight, Amane is pulled aside by Sakuya, who speaks to another individual nearby about how he wants the power hidden inside the momument. Junichi later calls Sakuya to ask him for help and lures him outside so that he could target Amane alone. Knocking her out, Kazuma, Kotaro, and Shiori arrive worried about Amane and leave to join Sakuya. Just as they leave, Junichi reveals himself to be the new Joker and attacks Amane unsuccessfully, with Shiori having discovered his identity. The Riders fight, but Amane having woken up, is attacked by a horde of Undead. Kazuma has Mutsuki use Remote on the Joker card to release Hajime, whom he goes outside to save Amane. However he is attacked by Junichi, who takes Amane as a sacrifice and merges with the monument to acheive a monster form.
Hajime says that the monster form is powered by a human sacrifice and can only be defeated if the human sacrifice is killed. Kazuma doesn't agree with killing Amane and offers himself up as the new sacrifice, but Hajime jumps in at the last minute, asking Kazuma to finish the job. Kazuma destroys the momument and weakens the monster. Going outside, he assumes his King Form and destroys the monster for good.
Back at the cafe, the group celebrate Amane's birthday. Amane sees a ghost of Hajime and goes outside. Although he is gone, he will always be there for her.
|Kamen Rider Blade||Kazuma Kenzaki|
|Kamen Rider Garren||Sakuya Tachibana|
|Kamen Rider Chalice||Hajime Aikawa|
|Kamen Rider Leangle||Mutsuki Kamijo|
|Kamen Rider Glaive||Junichi Shimura|
|Kamen Rider Larc||Natsumi Miwa|
|Kamen Rider Lance||Shin Magaki|
|Albino Joker||Junichi Shimura|
- Squid Undead
- Beetle Undead
- Zebra Undead
- Eagle Undead
- Moth Undead
- Locust Undead
- Shell Undead
- Capricorn Undead
- Spider Undead
- Mole Undead
- Buffalo Undead
- Deer Undead
- Trilobite Undead
- Giraffa Undead
- Lizard Undead
- Tarantula Undead
- Kazuma Kenzaki (剣崎 一真, Kenzaki Kazuma): Takayuki Tsubaki (椿 隆之, Tsubaki Takayuki)
- Sakuya Tachibana (橘 朔也, Tachibana Sakuya): Kousei Amano (天野 浩成, Amano Kousei) (under the stage name "Hironari Amano")
- Hajime Aikawa (相川 始, Aikawa Hajime): Ryōji Morimoto (森本 亮治, Morimoto Ryōji)
- Mutsuki Kamijo (上城 睦月, Kamijō Mutsuki): Takahiro Hōjō (北条 隆博, Hōjō Takahiro)
- Shiori Hirose (広瀬 栞, Hirose Shiori): Yumi Egawa (江川 有未, Egawa Yumi)
- Kotaro Shirai (白井 虎太郎, Shirai Kotarō): Terunosuke Takezai (竹財 輝之助, Takezai Terunosuke)
- Haruka Kurihara (栗原 遥香, Kurihara Haruka): Kaori Yamaguchi (山口 香緒里, Yamaguchi Kaori)
- Young Amane Kurihara (幼い栗原天音, Osanai Kurihara Amane): Hikari Kajiwara (梶原 ひかり, Kajiwara Hikari)
- Amane Kurihara (栗原 天音, Kurihara Amane): Miku Ishida (石田 未来, Ishida Miku)
- Kei Karasuma (烏丸 啓, Karasuma Kei): Kazuhiro Yamaji (山路 和弘, Yamaji Kazuhiro)
- Junichi Shimura (志村 純一, Shimura Jun'ichi): Yuuki Kuroda (黒田 勇樹, Kuroda Yūki)
- Natsumi Miwa (三輪 夏美, Miwa Natsumi): Yoko Mitsuya (三津谷 葉子, Mitsuya Yoko)
- Shin Magaki (禍木 慎, Magaki Shin): Takao Sugiura (杉浦 太雄, Sugiura Takao)
- Voice of Rouzer (ラウザー音声, Rauzā Onsei): Takeshi Sasaki (佐々木 健, Sasaki Takeshi)
- Voice of King Rouzer (キングラウザー音声, Kingu Rauzā Onsei): Fumihiko Tachiki (立木 文彦, Tachiki Fumihiko)
- Narration (ナレーション, Narēshon): Jūrōta Kosugi (小杉 十郎太, Kosugi Jūrōta)
- Baba (馬場): Masayuki Izumi (泉 政行, Izumi Masayuki) - known for his previous role as Yuji Kiba in Kamen Rider 555
- Hanada (花田): Katsuyuki Murai (村井 克行, Murai Katsuyuki) - known for his previous role as Kyouji Murakami in Kamen Rider 555
- Department Store Security Guard (デパートの警備員, Depāto no Keibiin): Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充, Karahashi Mitsuru) - known for his previous role as Naoya Kaido in Kamen Rider 555
- Kamen Rider Blade, Squid Undead, Beetle Undead, Albiroachi: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二, Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Garren, Giraffa Undead, Buffalo Undead, Albiroachi: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文, Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Kamen Rider Chalice, Kamen Rider Lance, Albiroachi: Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎, Itō Makoto)
- Kamen Rider Leangle, Albiroachi: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎, Okamoto Jirō)
- Kamen Rider Leangle (sub): Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳, Watanabe Jun)
- Kamen Rider Glaive, Albino Joker: Naoki Nagase (永瀬尚希, Nagase Naoki)
- Kamen Rider Larc: Yuuki Ono (小野 友紀, Ono Yuuki)
- Albiroachi: Toshihiro Ogura (おぐら としひろ, Ogura Toshihiro, Non-credited)
- Cards Used:
- Change Beetle, Kick Locust, Thunder Deer, Mach Jaguar, Absorb Capricorn, Fusion Eagle, Evolution Caucasus
- Change Stag, Absorb Serpent, Fusion Peacock, Bullet Armadillo, Rapid Pecker, Fire Fly
- Change Spider, Blizzard Polar, Remote Tapir, Float Dragonfly
- Change Mantis, Float Dragonfly, Drill Shell, Tornado Hawk
- Change Kerberos, Mighty Impact
- Change Kerberos, Mighty Ray
- Change Kerberos, Mighty Gravity
- Form Used:
- Blade, Jack Form, King Form
- Garren, Jack Form
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Miki Fushisue
- Composition: RIDER CHIPS & Cher Watanabe
- Artist: RIDER CHIPS featuring Ricky
After his performance in "ELEMENTS," Ricky was made RIDER CHIPS' permanent vocalist.
- This movie features the first appearance of Blade's King Form, which would debut on the series in episode 34.
- The director's cut of Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace was also shown as part of the Super Hero Max 2012 special event on TV Asahi. 
- This is the second summer film to be premiere in September. The first summer film is Agito: Project G4.
- Though only by one week, this is the first and one of the only summer movies to have had its theme song debut elsewhere before the movie was released, as ELEMENTS was first featured in the 31st episode of Blade on September 5th 2004, while the movie was released on the 11th. This is ignoring remixes of opening themes used for movie themes, as the same version of ELEMENTS was used in both places.
- Due to the movie advancing four years from the timeline of the TV show, Amane Kurihara appears as a teenager as opposed to a child. The older Amane was portrayed by Miku Ishida, while Hikari Kujiwara, Amane's TV actor, only appeared in photographs. Kujiwara would later reprise her role as a much older Amane 14 years later in Kamen Rider Zi-O, by then having grown into the appropriate age.
- Even though Albino Joker appeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War, replacing Joker as a recurring boss in the post-Riders Awakening Act, Blade's fight with Glaive/Albino Joker & Joker's fight with Albino Joker is featured in Kamen Rider: Battride War II.
- This is the only summer film that have two directors filming the movie.
- Notably, the unsealed Undeads (aside from Hajime) that appeared in this movie were completely out of character in comparison to the original series, being reduced to nothing more than feral monsters that subordinated themselves to the Albino Joker.
- This is likely because they were unsealed through unnatural means, with Hajime proving an exception due to being released by the Tapir Undead's powers.
- It is unknown how Kenzaki managed to obtain the Evolution Caucasus Rouse Card to access King Form, since it was combined together with the other 3 Evolution Rouse Cards to form the Vanity Card.
- It is possible that when Hajime sacrificed himself to save Amane, the Evolution Caucasus card was replaced by Joker, while the human sacrifice was fulfilled by Hajime's human side (that being the essence of the Human Undead). This most likely alludes to the joker in playing cards sometimes being used as a wild card in various card games.
- Another possibility is that when Hajime was sacrificed and destroyed by Blade, the Vanity Card was destroyed and split back into the 4 Evolution King Rouse Cards again.