|This article is about a/an rider form used by several identities in the Kamen Rider Series.|
In the first episode, Kohtaro briefly transformed into this grasshopper themed monster called the Batta Man (バッタ男 Batta Otoko, Grasshopper Man) before he became Black. He usually transforms into this form first before transitioning into his standard Black battle form.
- Weight: 87kg
- Jump: 30m
- Punch: 15ton
- Kick: 30.5ton
- King Stone - Transformation device
- Alert Point (アラートポイント Arāto Pointo): A red device on the forehead that sends an alert when there are monsters nearby or an incoming attack
- Strengthened Skin - Riplasform (強化皮膚・リプラスフォーム Kyōka Hifu Ripurasufōmu): The grasshopper-like exoskeleton that protects Kamen Rider Black's body from attack
- Strengthened Muscle - Filbron (強化筋肉・フィルブローン Kyōka Kin'niku Firuburōn): As the result of the cyborg surgery, the brown muscles under the Strengthened Skin, gives Kamen Rider Black 30 times the strength of a human.
Combat Techniques and Other Body Parts
- Rider Punch and Rider Kick: The primary killer moves in the entire series were the Rider Punch and Rider Kick which is charged with King Stone Energy at the right fist and the right foot. After delivering either one or both moves to any monsters, they would be engulfed in flames before finally destroyed. Kamen Rider Black discovered his weakness when he was fighting a Crab monster. His Rider Punch had no effect on the monster due to its strong shell. To increase his capabilities, Kamen Rider Black trained himself to find a new killer move to destroy the monster. While training, he discovered a new Rider Punch which was more effective and more deadly. These stronger variations of Rider Punch & Rider Kick gave out stronger force of light and were more blinding. The difference between the new and the old moves were that the new ones required Kamen Rider Black to touch his knees before hitting his enemies.
- Rider Chop: This move was very rarely executed and did not have enough power to destroy a monster.
- Multi-Eye: His eyes glow allowing him to see monsters' movements in the dark and detect their weaknesses.
- Sensoring Ears: The triangular structures on both sides of his head would glow purple and enhance his hearing to super-human levels.
- Rider Sensor: Kamen Rider Black's antennaes would move to detect monsters which were moving too fast to be seen.
- Power Stripes: Black's striped bands on his neck and wrists would glow to repel any monsters' sticky fluids or goo on his body.
- Dragon Shoot: A move only seen in episode 16. The Dragon Shoot was taught by the Interpol Agent, Ryusuke Taki. Ryusuke threw the Ultra Quartz (a wanted object in the episode) towards Kamen Rider Black where he quickly jumped and kicked it with one foot.
- King Stone Flash: Perhaps the most powerful technique. By shouting out "King Stone Flash", Kamen Rider Black could fire a burst of energy from his belt. It worked every time to fend off the villains; whether it's the High Priests or even the powerful Shadow Moon.
Appearances: Black Episodes 1-22, Hurry to Onigashima, 23-38, Terrifying! The Phantom House of Devil Pass, 39-51, Run All Over the World, All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Let's Go Kamen Riders, Super Hero Taisen, Kamen Rider Taisen, Super Hero Taisen GP
Legend Rider Devices
Kamen Ride Black (カメンライドブラック Kamen Raido Burakku) is the Kamen Ride Card which contains the power of Black. In Black×Black RX, Diend snatches the card from Decade following its awakening in the World of Black RX, claiming that Tsukasa can't use it yet, then used the card to summon the Kohtaro Minami from the World of Black. In All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Decade Complete Form Jumbo Formation performed the Final Dimension Kick, a variation of the Dimension Kick, transforming the Shōwa Riders, including Black, and Heisei Riders into Kamen Ride cards for Decade to travel through as opposed to Final Attack Ride cards before hitting the target.
In theory, this card would allow Kamen Rider Decade to transform into Black.
Black Medal (BLACKメダル Burakku Medaru): Based on Kamen Rider Black.
Black Switch (BLACKスイッチ Burakku Suitchi, Triangle): An Astroswitch bearing the likeness of Kamen Rider Black. It is exclusive to Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, where it can be used by Kamen Rider Fourze to arm him with the Black Module (BLACKモジュール Burakku Mojūru) on his left leg, which allows Fourze to use Black's Rider Kick finisher.
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Black is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a WizarDriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Black.
Kamen Rider Black Lockseed (仮面ライダーBLACK ロックシード Kamen Raidā Burakku Rokkushīdo): A Lockseed bearing the likeness of Kamen Rider Black, created when Black was defeated in the battle between the Showa Riders and Heisei Riders. The core image depicts the King Stone while the lid backside image depicts Kamen Rider Black's Rider Kick gesture. When inserted into a Sengoku Driver or when channeled through the Showa Rider Lockseed, it would allow an Armored Rider to assume Black Arms (BLACK アームズ Burakku Āmuzu). It is styled for Gaim, Kurokage, Bujin Gaim, and Kamuro in the toyline.
- Transformation: Black Arms: Seiki Oh Black Sun!
- Kamen Rider Black RX, the evolved incarnation of Black