|This article is about a/an additional unnumbered (EX) series entry in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|WARNING: This series contains scenes of graphic violence, blood, body horror, alcohol drinking, cannibalism, sexual content, nudity, mild language, gun violence, several slashes and body dismemberment. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kamen Rider Amazons (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Kamen Raidā Amazonzu), distributed internationally as Amazon Riders, is a Japanese tokusatsu web-drama based on the 1974 TV series Kamen Rider Amazon and is a part of Toei Company's Super Hero Year (スーパーヒーローイヤー Sūpā Hīrō Iyā) project.
The first season premiered on the Japanese version of Amazon Prime on April 1, 2016, and internationally on April 19, 2018. An edited first season was broadcast on BS Asahi and Tokyo MX in July 2016. A second season premiered in Japan on Amazon Prime on April 7, 2017, and internationally on September 21, 2018. A concluding film titled Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement premiered in May 19, 2018.
The catchphrase for season 1 is "Open Your Amazons", while it was changed to "Hunt, start" (狩り、開始 Kari, kaishi) for its television broadcast. For season 2, the catchphrase is "Who are you?" (おまえは谁だ？ Omae wa dare da?).
- "Do you think the recent Kamen Riders are interesting? I don't think so! I hope with Amazons the toothless Kamen Riders can get their fangs back."
- ―Shinichiro Shirakura[src]
Continuity and Placement
- It is established that through the appearances of a version of the three Amazon Riders in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen, the show takes place in its own parallel world within the greater Rider multiverse. Additionally, a Bat Amazon appeared as a member of Shocker's Game World army.
Season 1 (Awakening)
The world is filled by thousands of monsters named Amazons, and the company of Nozama Pharmacy has hired a special team to hunt down and eliminate them. One day, the team were hunting down two Amazon riders, Amazon Riders Alpha and Omega, with their transformers being Jin and Haruka respectfully.
Haruka eventually joined the team to hunt down the Amazons. However, when they were trying to eliminate a group of Amazons that were hiding inside a restaurant, Haruka eventually divided his opinion with the group when he found out that those Amazons have no intention to harm humans. The restaurant has also changed Mamoru, one of the members in the team. He eventually started to have interests in eating human beings. After Jin and Haruka defeated Sigma, Nozama Pharmacy decided to launch a special plan named Tlaloc, a plan to kill all Amazons. Mamoru was in a struggle during Tlaloc because he previously ate one of his friends, Kazuya Mizaki's arm. Haruka eventually rescued him and both of them escaped.
Season 2 (Reincarnation)
In the past, a massive spill occurred at the Amazon experimental lab. Most of the survivors were destroyed, hot-blooded young men enjoyed hunting Amazons and the experiment seemed to be drawing to an end. Far than ending, however, it was entering a completely new phase. The number of cases of ordinary people turning into Amazon without warning was rising. The government formed a new extermination unit to assassinate people who had turned into Amazon secretly and struggled to hide the truth.
Chihiro/Kamen Rider Amazon Neo is a loner, a boy raised by Amazons who hates them but must suppress his cannibalistic urges. One day he meets Iyu, an Amazon girl who transforms into Crow Amazon and vanquishes Amazon enemies with her awesome fighting power. Chihiro is amazed at his first glance of Iyu, because she’s the first human he’s met without thinking, “I want to eat her.” She’s the first opponent he’s ever wanted to get close to, but Chihiro is unaware of her story. Iyu is a “Sigma Type Amazons” a biological weapon brought back to life after her parents turned Amazon and killed her.
|Kamen Rider Amazon (New) Omega||Haruka Mizusawa|
|Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha||Jin Takayama|
Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma
|Kamen Rider Amazon Neo||Chihiro|
|Kamen Rider Amazon Neo Alpha||Einosuke Mido|
Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma
|Unnamed Nozama's worker|
|Jellyfish Amazon||Nanaha Izumi|
|Dragonfly Amazon||Ryusuke Otaki|
- Nozama Pharmacy
- Team X
|Baboon Amazon||Takumi Yamashita|
|Crow Amazon||Iyu Hoshino|
|Sea Snake Amazon||Mina|
|Snapping Turtle Amazon||Yoji|
- Experiment Amazons
|Queen Ant Amazon||Kukizono|
|Shrike Amazon 2||Hajime Koyama|
- New type Amazons
|Vulture Amazon||Hajime Hoshino|
|Fake Amazon Omega||Salamander Amazon|
- Main article: Kamen Rider Amazons Episodes
All of the Season 1 episode titles are completely in English, while of the Season 2 titles are in Latin, but they are both in all-caps. The first letter of each episode title cycles though the English alphabet, with the first episode's title starting with "A". The exception is the last episode, which shares the same name as the first and ends with "Z".
- BEAST INSIDE
- COLONY OF ANTS
- DIE OR KILL
- EYES IN THE DARK
- FOR WHAT I FIGHT
- GAME OF THE BUTCHERS
- HERO OR NOT
- INTO THE CANNIBAL'S POT
- JUNGLE LAW
- KILLING DAY
- LOST IN THE FOG
- PERSONA NON GRATA
- QUO VADIS?
- RAMBLING ROSES
- THE THIRD DEGREE
- UNDER WRAPS
- VANISHING WINGS
- WAY TO NOWHERE
- XING THE RUBICON
- YELLOW BRICK ROAD
- Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen (仮面ライダー×スーパー戦隊: 超スーパーヒーロー大戦 Kamen Raidā × Supā Sentai Chō Supā Hīrō Taisen) (cameo)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Season 1 the Movie: Awakening (劇場版 仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Season1 覚醒 Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Sezon Uan Kakusei)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 the Movie: Reincarnation (劇場版 仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Season2 輪廻 Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Sezon Tsu Rin'ne)
- Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ 最後ノ審判 Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Saigo no Shinpan)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Special Event: A to M Open Your AMAZONS (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ スペシャルイベント A to M Open Your AMAZONS Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Supesharu Ibento)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Gaiden: Light of Fireflies (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ外伝 蛍火 Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Gaiden Hotarubi)
SIC Hero Saga
- Kamen Rider Amazons: Beastman Syndrome (仮面ライダーアマゾン 獣人症候群 Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Kemonohito Shōkōgun)
- Haruka Mizusawa (水澤 悠 Mizusawa Haruka): Tom Fujita (藤田 富 Fujita Tomu)
- Jin Takayama (鷹山 仁 Takayama Jin): Masashi Taniguchi (谷口 賢志 Taniguchi Masashi)
- Mizuki Mizusawa (水澤 美月 Mizusawa Miduki): Rena Takeda (武田 玲奈 Takeda Rena)
- Nanaha Izumi (泉 七羽 Izumi Nanaha): Ayu Higashi (東 亜優 Higashi Ayu)
- Makoto Shido (志藤 真 Shidō Makoto): Mitsutoshi Shundo (俊藤 光利 Shundō Mitsutoshi)
- Mamoru (マモル): Ryota Kobayashi (小林 亮太 Kobayashi Ryōta)
- Ryusuke Otaki (大滝 竜介 Ōtaki Ryūsuke): Ryoma Baba (馬場 良馬 Baba Ryōma)
- Nozomi Takai (高井 望 Takai Nozomi): Kanon Miyahara (宮原 華音 Miyahara Kanon)
- Kazuya Misaki (三崎 一也 Misaki Kazuya): Katsuya (勝也 Katsuya)
- Kota Fukuda (福田 耕太 Fukuda Kōta): Kazuya Tanabe (田邊 和也 Tanabe Kazuya)
- Jun Maehara (前原 淳 Maehara Jun): Hiroshi Asahina (朝日奈 寛 Asahina Hiroshi)
- Reika Mizusawa (水澤 令華 Mizusawa Reika): Takako Kato (加藤 貴子 Katō Takako)
- Shogo Kano (加納 省吾 Kanō Shogō): Toshimasa Komatsu (小松 利昌 Komatsu Toshimasa)
- Yugo Tachibana (橘 雄悟 Tachibana Yūgo): Yu Kamio (神尾 佑 Kamio Yū)
- Takaaki Tenjo (天条 隆顕 Tenjō Takaaki): Takashi Fujiki (藤木 孝 Fujiki Takashi)
- Chihiro (千翼): You Maejima (前嶋 曜 Maejima Yō)
- Iyu (イユ) : Ayana Shiramoto (白本 彩奈 Shiramoto Ayana)
- Takeshi Kurosaki (黒崎 武 Kurosaki Takeshi): Kota Miura (三浦 孝太 Miura Kōta)
- Ichiro Fudamori (札森 一郎 Fudamori Ichirō): Yoshito Momiki (籾木 芳仁 Momiki Yoshito)
- Hiroki Nagase (長瀬 裕樹 Nagase Hiroki): Eiji Akaso (赤楚 衛二 Akaso Eiji)
- Takumi Yamashita (山下 琢己 Yamashita Takumi): Kairi Miura (三浦 海里 Miura Kairi)
- Kenta Kitamura (北村 健太 Kitamura Kenta): Shohei Domoto (堂本 翔平 Dōmoto Shōhei)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Omega: Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha: Hirokazu Iwakami (岩上 弘数 Iwakami Hirokazu)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma, Bat Amazon: Makoto Arakawa (荒川 真 Arakawa Makoto)
- Mole Amazon: Daisuke Satō (佐藤 太輔 Satō Daisuke)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Neo: Kohei Matsuoka (松岡 航平 Matsuoka Kōhei)
- Crow Amazon: Yuto Kikuchi (菊池 雄人 Kikuchi Yūto)
- Dragonfly Amazon : Daiki Suzuki (鈴木大樹 Suzuki Daiki)
- Similar to Kamen Rider 555, the Riders - except for Amazon Neo - are named after a letter from the Greek alphabet.
- Next-episode previews for Season 1 are titled "NEXT HUNT", and "LAST HUNT" for final episodes. In Season 2, they are changed into "NEXT TARGET" and "LAST TARGET" respectively.
- Due to its violence and dark premise, the show is targeted towards the adult demographic. Because the series is written by Yasuko Kobayashi, some fans few this series as an attempt by Toei to compete/capitalize on the recent return of the GARO franchise.
- It is the only entry in the Kamen Rider franchise to get a second season of the same show with the same title.
- The international release was announced to air in September 2016 as the first round of the exportation of the Amazon Prime Original Videos, but wasn't actually released until April 19, 2018.
- The description for the international release of the series mistakenly calls this series "the fourth production in the Kamen Rider series" in their synopsis.
- This is one of the few Heisei series to not have Kyoritz present to provide lighting equipment, due to the company already working on Kamen Rider Ghost at the time.
- Official website at Super Hero Year
- Official Season 1 website at Toei Company
- Official Season 2 website at Toei Company
- Stream Season 1 and 2
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
|Heisei Era (2000-2009)|
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
|Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)|
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
|Reiwa Era (2019-)|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|