|This article is about a/an additional unnumbered (EX) series entry in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|WARNING: This series contains scenes of graphic violence, blood, body horror, alcohol drinking, cannibalism, sexual content, nudity, mild language, gun violence, several slashes and body dismemberment. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kamen Rider Amazons (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Kamen Raidā Amazonzu) is a web-only Kamen Rider series based on the 1974 TV series Kamen Rider Amazon and is a part of Toei Company's Super Hero Year (スーパーヒーローイヤー Sūpā Hīrō Iyā) project. The first season premiered on the Japanese version of Amazon Prime on April 1, 2016 and the second season premiered on April 7, 2017. The catchphrase for season 1 is "Open Your Amazons". For season 2, the catchphrase is "Who are you?" (おまえは谁だ？ Omae wa dare da?)
The series' first season was later international distributed via the Amazon Prime service under the title Amazon Riders. The second season debuted worldwide on Amazon Prime in the fall of 2018.
Its story concluded in the theatrical film Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement, which premiered in spring 2018.
- "Do you think the recent Kamen Riders are interesting? I don't think so! I hope with Amazons the toothless Kamen Riders can get their fangs back."
- ―Shinichiro Shirakura[src]
A standalone series, the world of Amazons, while not necessarily the same mainstream universe as that of the original Kamen Rider Amazon or contemporary shows such as Ghost and Ex-Aid, is established as part of the greater Rider multiverse by Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen. The crossover film, which premiered less than two weeks prior to the start of the second season, featured Amazon Riders Omega, Alpha as well as Amazon Neo, serving as his first appearance before his introduction in the second season, in the form of their alternate counterparts from the Game World. Additionally, a Bat Amazon appeared as a member of Shocker's Game World army.
Season 1 (Awakening)
The world is filled by thousands of monsters named Amazons, and the company of Nozama Pharmacy has hired a special team to hunt down and eliminate them. One day, the team were hunting down two Amazon riders, Amazon Riders Alpha and Omega, with their transformers being Jin and Haruka respectfully.
Haruka eventually joined the team to hunt down the Amazons. However, when they were trying to eliminate a group of Amazons that were hiding inside a restaurant, Haruka eventually divided his opinion with the group when he found out that those Amazons have no intention to harm humans. The restaurant has also changed Mamoru, one of the members in the team. He eventually started to have interests in eating human beings. After Jin and Haruka defeated Sigma, Nozama Pharmacy decided to launch a special plan named Tlaloc, a plan to kill all Amazons. Mamoru was in a struggle during Tlaloc because he previously ate one of his friends, Kazuya Mizaki's arm. Haruka eventually rescued him and both of them escaped.
Season 2 (Reincarnation)
In the past, a massive spill occurred at the Amazon experimental lab. Most of the survivors were destroyed, hot-blooded young men enjoyed hunting Amazons and the experiment seemed to be drawing to an end. Far than ending, however, it was entering a completely new phase. The number of cases of ordinary people turning into Amazon without warning was rising. The government formed a new extermination unit to assassinate people who had turned into Amazon secretly and struggled to hide the truth.
Chihiro/Kamen Rider Amazon Neo is a loner, a boy raised by Amazons who hates them but must suppress his cannibalistic urges. One day he meets Iyu, an Amazon girl who transforms into Crow Amazon and vanquishes Amazon enemies with her awesome fighting power. Chihiro is amazed at his first glance of Iyu, because she’s the first human he’s met without thinking, “I want to eat her.” She’s the first opponent he’s ever wanted to get close to, but Chihiro is unaware of her story. Iyu is a “Sigma Type Amazons” a biological weapon brought back to life after her parents turned Amazon and killed her.
|Kamen Rider Amazon (New) Omega||Haruka Mizusawa|
|Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha||Jin Takayama|
Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma
|Kamen Rider Amazon Neo||Chihiro|
|Kamen Rider Amazon Neo Alpha||Einosuke Mido|
Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma
|Unnamed Nozama's worker|
|Jellyfish Amazon||Nanaha Izumi|
|Dragonfly Amazon||Ryusuke Otaki|
- Nozama Pharmacy
- Team X
|Baboon Amazon||Takumi Yamashita|
|Crow Amazon||Iyu Hoshino|
|Sea Snake Amazon||Mina|
|Snapping Turtle Amazon||Yoji|
- Experiment Amazons
|Queen Ant Amazon||Kukizono|
|Shrike Amazon 2||Hajime Koyama|
- New type Amazons
|Vulture Amazon||Hajime Hoshino|
|Fake Amazon Omega||Salamander Amazon|
- Main article: Kamen Rider Amazons Episodes
All of the Season 1 episode titles are completely in English, some of the Season 2 titles are Latin, but they are both in all-caps, beginning with the corresponding letter of the English alphabet per number (1=A, 2=B, 3=C, and so on).
- BEAST INSIDE
- COLONY OF ANTS
- DIE OR KILL
- EYES IN THE DARK
- FOR WHAT I FIGHT
- GAME OF THE BUTCHERS
- HERO OR NOT
- INTO THE CANNIBAL'S POT
- JUNGLE LAW
- KILLING DAY
- LOST IN THE FOG
- PERSONA NON GRATA
- QUO VADIS?
- RAMBLING ROSES
- THE THIRD DEGREE
- UNDER WRAPS
- VANISHING WINGS
- WAY TO NOWHERE
- XING THE RUBICON
- YELLOW BRICK ROAD
- Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen (仮面ライダー×スーパー戦隊: 超スーパーヒーロー大戦 Kamen Raidā × Supā Sentai Chō Supā Hīrō Taisen) (cameo)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Season 1 the Movie: Awakening (劇場版 仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Season1 覚醒 Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Sezon Uan Kakusei)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 the Movie: Reincarnation (劇場版 仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Season2 輪廻 Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Sezon Tsu Rin'ne)
- Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ 最後ノ審判 Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Saigo no Shinpan)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Special Event: A to M Open Your AMAZONS (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ スペシャルイベント A to M Open Your AMAZONS Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Supesharu Ibento)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Gaiden: Light of Fireflies (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ外伝 蛍火 Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Gaiden Hotarubi)
SIC Hero Saga
- Kamen Rider Amazons: Beastman Syndrome (仮面ライダーアマゾン 獣人症候群 Kamen Raidā Amazonzu Kemonohito Shōkōgun)
- Haruka Mizusawa (水澤 悠 Mizusawa Haruka): Tom Fujita (藤田 富 Fujita Tomu)
- Jin Takayama (鷹山 仁 Takayama Jin): Masashi Taniguchi (谷口 賢志 Taniguchi Masashi)
- Mizuki Mizusawa (水澤 美月 Mizusawa Miduki): Rena Takeda (武田 玲奈 Takeda Rena)
- Nanaha Izumi (泉 七羽 Izumi Nanaha): Ayu Higashi (東 亜優 Higashi Ayu)
- Makoto Shido (志藤 真 Shidō Makoto): Mitsutoshi Shundo (俊藤 光利 Shundō Mitsutoshi)
- Mamoru (マモル): Ryota Kobayashi (小林 亮太 Kobayashi Ryōta)
- Ryusuke Otaki (大滝 竜介 Ōtaki Ryūsuke): Ryoma Baba (馬場 良馬 Baba Ryōma)
- Nozomi Takai (高井 望 Takai Nozomi): Kanon Miyahara (宮原 華音 Miyahara Kanon)
- Kazuya Misaki (三崎 一也 Misaki Kazuya): Katsuya (勝也 Katsuya)
- Kota Fukuda (福田 耕太 Fukuda Kōta): Kazuya Tanabe (田邊 和也 Tanabe Kazuya)
- Jun Maehara (前原 淳 Maehara Jun): Hiroshi Asahina (朝日奈 寛 Asahina Hiroshi)
- Reika Mizusawa (水澤 令華 Mizusawa Reika): Takako Kato (加藤 貴子 Katō Takako)
- Shogo Kano (加納 省吾 Kanō Shogō): Toshimasa Komatsu (小松 利昌 Komatsu Toshimasa)
- Yugo Tachibana (橘 雄悟 Tachibana Yūgo): Yu Kamio (神尾 佑 Kamio Yū)
- Takaaki Tenjo (天条 隆顕 Tenjō Takaaki): Takashi Fujiki (藤木 孝 Fujiki Takashi)
- Chihiro (千翼): You Maejima (前嶋 曜 Maejima Yō)
- Iyu (イユ) : Ayana Shiramoto (白本 彩奈 Shiramoto Ayana)
- Takeshi Kurosaki (黒崎 武 Kurosaki Takeshi): Kota Miura (三浦 孝太 Miura Kōta)
- Ichiro Fudamori (札森 一郎 Fudamori Ichirō): Yoshito Momiki (籾木 芳仁 Momiki Yoshito)
- Hiroki Nagase (長瀬 裕樹 Nagase Hiroki): Eiji Akaso (赤楚 衛二 Akaso Eiji)
- Takumi Yamashita (山下 琢己 Yamashita Takumi): Kairi Miura (三浦 海里 Miura Kairi)
- Kenta Kitamura (北村 健太 Kitamura Kenta): Shohei Domoto (堂本 翔平 Dōmoto Shōhei)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Omega: Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha: Hirokazu Iwakami (岩上 弘数 Iwakami Hirokazu)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma, Bat Amazon: Makoto Arakawa (荒川 真 Arakawa Makoto)
- Mole Amazon: Daisuke Satō (佐藤 太輔 Satō Daisuke)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Neo: Kohei Matsuoka (松岡 航平 Matsuoka Kōhei)
- Crow Amazon: Yuto Kikuchi (菊池 雄人 Kikuchi Yūto)
- Dragonfly Amazon : Daiki Suzuki (鈴木大樹 Suzuki Daiki)
- The show itself is an in-joke that this series based on Kamen Rider Amazon would premiere on Amazon Prime.
- This is further referenced by the show's catchphrase being "Open Your Amazons", a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that Amazon the website is an online shopping site that delivers packages ordered from their site to a customer's house.
- The series title, Amazons, is a pun that means several Amazon Riders will appear.
- Similar to Kamen Rider 555, most of the Riders (Amazon Omega, Amazon Alpha, Amazon Sigma) are named after a letter from the Greek alphabet.
- The next-episode previews for Season 1 are titled as "NEXT HUNT" and the last preview of is titled "LAST HUNT". In Season 2, they are changed into "NEXT TARGET" and "LAST TARGET" respectively.
- Due to its violent and dark premise and the fact that it is for an adult audience, has Yasuko Kobayashi as its main writer and is a Horror/Action drama, some Rider fans view this series as an attempt by Toei to compete/capitalize on the return of the GARO franchise.
- The fact that the series is going to be released on a streaming-only basis on Amazon Japan, it seems that Toei is following Marvel's act of releasing streaming-only series' on Netflix, such as Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Similar to those series', Amazons features darker and more violent materials compared to the more "mainstream" parts of their respective franchises thanks to the less stringent censorship.
- It is the only entry in the Kamen Rider franchise to get a second season of the same show with the same title.
- This series was reported to air in the US in September 2016 as the first round of the exportation of the Amazon Prime Original Videos, under the title of Amazon Riders, supposed to be the first original Kamen Rider series to be digitally streamed in the west. Season 1 was launched on April 19, 2018.
- With it's American-release, Kamen Rider Amazons is the third Kamen Rider-related project to have an official release for American audiences. Kamen Rider The First would be the first to have that distinction as it was released on DVD by Media Blasters in 2007, with English subtitles. Nearly a decade later, Kamen Rider Wizard would be aired on TV Japan in 2017, albeit without English subtitles.
- However, the editor of Amazon Prime misunderstood the connection between this season and the original 1974 Amazon and introduces this series as "the fourth production in the Kamen Rider series" in their synopsis. 
- This is one of the few Heisei series to not have Kyoritz present to provide lighting equipment, due to the company already working on Kamen Rider Ghost at the time.
- With a run of two seasons with thirteen episodes each, this is technically the shortest or second-shortest series of Kamen Rider. Coincidentally, the other honor is held by its inspiration, Kamen Rider Amazon, which ran a for single twenty-four episode season.
- Both the seasons of the series are rated 13+ on Amazon Prime Video though both of the seasons are meant for older audiences (16+ for 1st and 18+ for 2nd). The reason behind such an age rating is still unknown.
- Producer Shinichiro Shirakura had originally planned to have an Amazonz tribute arc for Kamen Rider Zi-O, set after the debut of Grand Zi-O. However the idea was scrapped due to Amazons being too mature for young children. Elements of the show, however did make it to Zi-O:
- Official website at Super Hero Year
- Official Season 1 website at Toei Company
- Official Season 2 website at Toei Company
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
|Heisei Era (2000-2009)|
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
|Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)|
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
|Reiwa Era (2019-)|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|