|This article is about an anniversary event in the Kamen Rider Series.|
The Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary (仮面ライダー誕生50周年, Kamen Raidā Tanjō Gojū Shūnen) will be commemorated in 2021. It sees the broadcast of both Kamen Rider Saber and Kamen Rider Revice, which run concurrent with the Super Sentai 45th Anniversary series Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.
The anniversary was celebrated heavily on social media, in which numerous actors and crew across the franchise, including Hiroshi Fujioka (the original Kamen Rider actor), commemorated on.
As stated by Toei during a press release, this anniversary milestone will be celebrated until 2023, as momentous occasions such as this golden jubilee have a three year long celebration.
Shows and Movies
Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club released several web series that featured several alumni reprisals:
- Rider Time: Kamen Rider Zi-O VS Decade & Rider Time: Kamen Rider Decade VS Zi-O (February 2021)
- Kamen Rider Genms -The Presidents- (April 2021)
- Kamen Rider Saber × Ghost (May 2021)
- Kamen Rider Specter × Blades (June 2021)
On April 3, 2021, Toei revealed three projects to be produced and released within the next few years:
- Fuuto PI, the anime adaptation of the Futo Tantei manga (9:00 AM) - Summer 2022
- Kamen Rider Black Sun (11:00 AM) - Spring 2022
- Shin Kamen Rider (8:00 PM) - Spring 2023
According to Shinichiro Shirakura at the press release, the three aforementioned Riders: Double, Black, and Ichigo, were chosen because they tie into the origins of Kamen Rider being created from manga.
Saber + Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki is a crossover film between Kamen Rider Saber and Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger celebrating both the 50th anniversary of the Kamen Rider series and the 45th anniversary of the Super Sentai series. In commemoration of the anniversary, the film features Takeshi Hongo as Kamen Rider Ichigo in a newly remade version of his original costume from the first 13 episodes of his series teaming up with Akaranger. The film also featured an early debut of Kamen Rider Revice ahead of his series premiere in the Fall of 2021.
An untitled Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary film has been confirmed and will release sometime in Winter 2021.
TOEI TOKUSATSU WORLD OFFICIAL, Toei's official English channel for tokusatsu, started to post Kamen Rider Series episodes. The channel already had posted before the trailers for KAMEN RIDER: memory of heroez, the movie Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue, the highlights of Kamen Rider Zero-One: Final Stage and its talk show, as well as a compilation video of all 20 Heisei Series opening theme sequences sans the opening credits.
For three days consecutively, Team Kamen Rider premiered three films on the channel at 5:00pm PST, each celebrating a specific era of the franchise. Each film was made available to stream for 24 hours after the end of each original live premiere.
- April 5th - Showa: All Together! Seven Kamen Riders!!
- April 6th - Heisei: Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate
- April 7th - Reiwa: Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation
The mobile RPG game Monster Strike held a collaboration with the Kamen Rider franchise in March of 2021.
Toei Channel released a compilation of 13 Showa films remastered in 4k on April 3, 2021.
Kamen Rider Fourze 10th Anniversary Time! Youthful Reunion, an anniversary project for Kamen Rider Fourze, was launched on September 4th, exactly 10 years since Kamen Rider Fourze first made its premiere back in 2011. It featured:
- Interviews with Sota Fukushi (Gentaro Kisaragi/Kamen Rider Fourze), Ryo Yoshizawa (Ryusei Sakuta/Kamen Rider Meteor), Erina Mano (Nadeshiko Misaki/Kamen Rider Nadeshiko)
- A new remix of Giant Step by the Kamen Rider Club, namely: Shion Tsuchiya (JK), Shiho (Tomoko Nozawa), Justin Tomimori (Shun Daimonji) and Rikako Sakata (Miu Kazashiro).
- The premiere of Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max on Toei Tokusatsu World
Bandai had also announced a slate of new toys to release in celebration of the 50th Anniversary.
- January: S.H.Figuarts Ohma Zi-O (re-release)
- February: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Orthros Vulcan
- March: Tamashii Lab Satansaber
- April: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Eden
- May: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Calibur Jaou Dragon
- June: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Kuuga & Zero-One 50th Anniversary ver.
- July: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai
- August: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Kuuga Rising Ultimate (Shinkocchou Seihou)
- September: S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Decade 50th Anniversary ver. (Shinkocchou Seihou)
- October: Kamen Rider Saber ???
- November: TBA
- December: TBA
In addition, Bandai released a special 50th Anniversary line of Ganbarizing cards with “revival edition” cards and Anniversary Tag Team cards, the set also features Revi and Vice in their debut to the Ganbarizing arcade game.
Bandai also announced a set of Kamen Rider Tamagotchi and a spin-off variant of the popular Digimon Vital Bracelet with Rider themed data memory cards. Both involve raising a digital Kamen Rider V-pet style to their strongest forms.
- It is the first anniversary milestone during the Reiwa Era.
- The anniversary year also just so happened to be the year of Hiroshi Fujioka’s 75th birthday.
|Kamen Rider Anniversaries|
|Kamen Rider Series|
|10 • 15 • 20 • 25 • 30 • 35 • 40 • 45 • 50|
|Heisei Kamen Rider|
|10 • 15 • 20|
|View • Edit|