|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Drive.|
Kamen Rider 4 (仮面ライダー4号 Kamen Raidā Yongō), , alternatively designated Shocker Rider 4 (ショッカーライダー4号 Shokkā Raidā Yongō), was a cyborg created by Shocker. He was the fourth Kamen Rider following Kamen Rider 3 and the original Double Riders, Kamen Rider 1 and Kamen Rider 2. Created to accompany the appearance of Rider 3, who originated in the manga Kamen Rider: Rider 3 vs. The Demon of General Black, in the movie Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3, Rider 4 appeared in a DVD special accompanying the film's release.
Super Hero Taisen GP
Kamen Rider 4 was shown after credits when Shocker revealed that the failure of Kamen Rider 3's attack was not the end of their plans to use the History Modifying Machine and conquer Earth.
Kamen Rider 4
Kamen Rider 4 was born as a plan when Shocker scientists recovered the functioning remains of the History Modifying Machine and began messing with the machine. As they did, they trapped the present in a temporary timeloop in an alternative timeline, one where Mach was alive even after the events of Shocker's previous attempt with the machine. As Kamen Rider Drive sacrificed his life to save Mach in the third time loop, and another time loop started, Kamen Rider 4 was near completion, his Sky Cyclone waiting for him in another hangar.
During the climax of their fight, Kamen Rider 4 clashed his Rider Kick against Kamen Rider Drive Type Formula's Formuladrop, which he had initially blocked with his own Rider Kick, but Drive broke the clash by twisting his kick as so he went airborne while 4 hit the ground, his leg damaged when he stood back up. When Drive came back down to resume his Formuladrop, 4's leg was too damaged to attempt another Rider Kick clash, and resorted to clashing it with a Rider Punch. Despite the power, the Rider Punch was snuffed out, and Drive was pushing 4 back. Drive resorts to throttling Shift Formula 5 times, then an additional 3 times after ignoring some warnings from Krim, finally overwhelming 4 and destroyed him.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider 4 is among the vast pantheon of Riders which appear in the mobile game, Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider 4 is a playable character with other Kamen Rider of Showa Heisei and Reiwa in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider 4
Following Kamen Rider 3 by Shocker, the newly 4th remodeled human being created. The person who became Kamen Rider 4 is unknown. In addition to the body that resembles the former Imperial Japanese Navy's special force, the shape of the face and Typhoon is close to Kamen Rider 1, 2 and 3, but the Crusher part is not the grasshopper but the same as the original Kamen Rider 4 Rider Man, with a human mouth shape.
Although it has no special ability like other Kamen Riders, it has overwhelming defensive power and offensive power, and has the ability to overwhelm three Riders: Drive, Faiz and Zeronos at the same time. Also, when jumping off from the Sky Cyclone, he can spread his flight suit like a flying squirrel and glide high speed in the air.
Kamen Rider 4 has two finishers, both are designed to emit green light when activated.
- Rider Kick
- Rider Punch: A straight punch that defeats the internal functions of the enemy with one shot.
- Sky Cyclone - Rider 4's Rider Machine.
Behind the scenes
Kamen Rider 4 is voiced by Mitsuru Matsuoka (松岡 充 Matsuoka Mitsuru), who also sang the theme song for the special this Rider appears in. He previously portrayed Katsumi Daido (Kamen Rider Eternal) in Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate and Kamen Rider W Returns: Kamen Rider Eternal.
- Kamen Rider 4 is the first rider to have a plane as his Rider Machine.
- Like Rider 3, Rider 4's design is similar to the Kamen Rider designs in the reboot films.
- The possibility of his existence was raised in 1972's Televi-Magazine article, "100 Secrets of Kamen Rider".
- 4's wingsuit is actually incorrectly built, as it lacks the flaps inbetween his legs.
- Kamen Rider 4's ability of flight may also be in homage to Skyrider, who was actually the first Rider to be created by an actual Shocker successor (Neo-Shocker) in regular continuity and not by a group associated tangentially to Shocker (such as Destron, G.O.D., Garanda, Black Satan or the Delza Army)
- His dark-green suit and brown chestplate is similar to Skyrider's original dark colored suit prior to obtaining an upgrade by the power of the first seven Riders.
- In the music video of the song Time, Mitsuru Matsuoka played a man with a "Sophia Air Force" badge along with a epaulet with a logo similar to Shocker's. He looked at Drive expressively, with Kamen Rider 4's "chin-touching" behavior. This implies that he may be Rider 4's counterpart in the original unaltered timeline.
- In the stage show Kamen Rider Drive: Special Event, there is another Kamen Rider 4 called Akagi.
- Kamen Rider Drive
- Kamen Rider Pia Vol.2
- DeAgostini Japan. (2018). "Kamen Rider Official Perfect File", No. 171. p. 5, "Kamen Rider 4".
- Shogakukan <Televi-kun Deluxe Favorite Book>. (2015). "Kamen Rider Drive Super Complete Works". p. 85. ISBN 978-4-09-105152-3.
- Kodansha <Kodansha Series MOOK (Kamen Rider Official Mook)>. (2019). "Kamen Rider Heisei vol.16 Kamen Rider Drive". p. 29, "Theatrical Version & Spin-off Work Kamen Rider". ISBN 978-4-06-517494-4.
- Shogakukan <Televi-kun Deluxe Favorite Book>. (2015). "Kamen Rider Drive Super Complete Works". p. 107, "Kamen Rider Drive Staff Cast List". ISBN 978-4-09-105152-3.