|This article is about a/an rider form used by several identities in the Kamen Rider Series.|
Kamen Rider 2 (仮面ライダー2号 Kamen Raidā Ni-Gō), simply called Kamen Rider (仮面ライダー Kamen Raidā), like his original counterpart at start, may refer to any the following characters:
Just like Hongo, Ichimonji's Rider Suit has gone through significant changes. In Rider 2's initial appearances from episodes 14 up till 52, his suit was slightly similar to Rider 1's but with a silver stripe down the helmet, lines on the sides of the body and a red belt strap to differ from Rider 1. In later appearances, Rider 2 would sport a silver-coloured helmet and red gloves and boots. Rider 2's helmet changed to black from mid-V3 through ZX, to differentiate further from Rider 1, but the original helmet returned from Black RX onwards up till today. The black helmet returned briefly in Movie War Megamax and in Super Hero Taisen.
Originally created to best and kill the traitor Takeshi Hongo, Hayato was modified to be capable of transforming via stylish hand positions to absorb wind power as opposed to Takeshi's need for a outside source of wind power to charge him, becoming a more versatile fighter as a result. However, Hayato was rescued by Hongo before being brainwashed, and fights against Shocker during Takeshi's absence. Like Hongo, Ichimonji seems to require no food or water whatsoever.
The original manga gave an in-depth analysis of the entire schematics used by Hongo, Ichimonji, and the Shocker Riders.
- Ultrasensitive Antenna: a radar from the antenna
- Cat's Eye: allows infrared night vision
- Signal O: a brainwave transmission device that can detect other cyborgs
- Crusher: The face plate that can break chains
- Artificial Lungs: can recycle oxygen for two hours
- Pulmonary Converter: catches wind power to convert it to energy, also acts as a radiator
- Power Converter: capsules on the belt to store energy
- Typhoon: transformation belt which is an anemometer which measures the rider's energy
- Artificial Muscle: gives the rider the strength to jump like a giant grasshopper
- Jump Shoes: the soles are elastic-like springs.
- Punching Power: 75 t
- Kicking Power: 90 t
- Resistance: 100 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 21 m → 35 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 2 sec
The form displayed by Hayato upon his return from Nanki, Kamen Rider 2 dons the title of New 2 (新２号 Shin Nigō) while gaining an upgrade to his capabilities to the extent of surviving and apparently unharmed by the effects of a nuclear bomb. Retaining his great strength from the original stage, Hayato now maintains the title of "Power of #2" (力の２号 Chikara no Nigō), an aspect later passed to Kamen Rider V3. (Episode 72 and onward appearanes)
Sometimes, Hayato's helmet would take on the coloration of his old one in order to further differentiate 2 from 1.
- Punching power: 3.5 t
- Kicking power: 10 t
- Rider Kick: 30 t
- Maximum jump height: 15 m
- Maximum running speed: 100 m per 5.2 sec.
For the reboot movies, Rider 2 was given a sleeker and more modernized design with a color scheme similar to the old Rider 2 suit used in the original series, though the helmet was given a lighter green instead of the original dark green.
Legend Rider Devices
Kamen Ride 2 (カメンライド２号 Kamen Raido Nigō) is the Kamen Ride Card which contains the power of Kamen Rider 2. In All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Decade Complete Form Jumbo Formation performed the Final Dimension Kick, a variation of the Dimension Kick, transforming the Shōwa Riders, including Kamen Rider 2, and Heisei Riders into Kamen Ride cards for Decade to travel through as opposed to Final Attack Ride cards before hitting the target.
In theory, this card would allow Kamen Rider Decade to transform into Kamen Rider 2.
2 Switch (2号スイッチ Nigō Suitchi, Square): An Astroswitch bearing the likeness of Kamen Rider 2. In Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, it can be used by Kamen Rider Fourze to arm him with the 2 Module (2号モジュール Nigō Mojūru) on his left arm, boosting his punching power.
The 2 Switch appears on-screen in Movie War Mega Max, when the Seven Legendary Riders are captured by Lem Kannagi. Rider 2, along with Rider 1, V3, and Riderman, were turned into Switches (while X, Amazon, and Stronger were turned into Core Medals) and kept in a suitcase by a member of Foundation X. The Riders were able to return back to normal when Fourze inserted the Switches into the Fourze Driver and performed a Limit Break.
Kamen Rider 2 Lockseed (仮面ライダー２号ロックシード Kamen Raidā Nigō Rokkushīdo): A Lockseed bearing the likeness of Kamen Rider 2, created when Rider 2 was defeated in the battle between the Showa Riders and Heisei Riders. The core image depicts the Typhoon while the lid backside image depicts Kamen Rider 2's Rider Punch gesture. When inserted into a Sengoku Driver or when channeled through the Showa Rider Lockseed, it would allow an Armored Rider to assume 2 Arms (２号アームズ Nigō Āmuzu). It's styled for Gaim, Kurokage, Bujin Gaim, and Kamuro in the toyline.
- "(Digital beeping) 2!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
2 Ridewatch (２号ライドウォッチ Nigo Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider 2, this Ridewatch would provide access to the 2Armor. It is dated 1971.
This Ridewatch was obtained by Hiryu Kakogawa through unknown means and was one of the Ridewatches absorbed by him to become Another Ohma Zi-O.
- Takeshobo. (2001). Masked Rider Chronicles: A History of Cyborg Soldier's Battle. p. 24. ISBN 978-4812407837.
- Explorer Publishing. (2018). Heisei ＆ Showa: Kamen Rider Profile Complete Works. ISBN 978-988-78421-3-2.
- Kodansha. (2004). Kamen Rider Official File Magazine. Vol. 2. p. 9. ISBN 978-4063670929.
- Futabasha. (2013). General Facts of Kamen Rider: Turbulent Fierce Battle Chapter. p. 84. ISBN 978-4575306040.
- "Toei Video's stats for Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 1". https://web.archive.org/web/20060703053432/http://www.toei-video.co.jp/rider1st/character.html#char1.