|This article is about a/an video game in Kamen Rider, the original series.|
Kamen Rider (仮面ライダー Kamen Raidā, Masked Rider) is a Japanese fighting game developed by Kaze and Bandai Namco Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation, featuring characters from the continuity of the original Kamen Rider series as playable characters. It was released in Japan in 1998.
- 1P Battle Mode
- 2P Battle Mode
- Team Battle
- Survival Mode
- Death Battle! Fight the Army!
- Training Mode
- Card Collection
- Story Mode
In Story Mode, the player can choose to either play the Rider Story or Shocker Story.
In Rider Story mode, the player must defeat the evil Shocker organization to restore the peace by battling against 6 combatmen before fighting against a Shocker kaijin, if the kaijin or player's health is 50% or less, the game automatically switches the position of the player on the screen. If all Shocker and Gel Shocker kaijin are defeated, the player will immediately fight against the Great Leader without fighting combatman or switching around.
In Shocker Story mode, players play as a Shocker kaijin which they must defeat enemy Shocker kaijin. If the player successfully passes the 8th round, the player's Shocker kaijin turns into Strongest Kaijin (最強怪人) which is stronger and has a different appearance from the original form. The player can then upgrade punching power, kicking power or both or can summon 6 Combatmen to aid them. the player then must defeat Kamen Rider 1 before facing Kamen Rider 2.
Kamen Rider features a few characters from original Kamen Rider series.
- Kamen Rider 1 (仮面ライダー1号)
- Kamen Rider 2 (仮面ライダー2号)
- Kumo Otoko (Spider Man) (蜘蛛男)
- Shinigami Kameleon (Grimreaper Chameleon) (死神カメレオン)
- Hachi Onna (Bee Woman) (蜂女)
- Saboteguron (Sabotegron) (サボテグロン)
- Pirazaurusu (Pirasaurus) (ピラザウルス)
- Garagaranda (Ambassador Hell) (ガラガランダ)
- Ganikoumoru (Ganikomol) (ガニコウモル)
- Hiru Kameleon (General Black) (ヒルカメレオン)
- Shocker Rider (ショッカーライダー)
- Kamen Rider 1: Hiroshi Fujioka (archive)
- Kamen Rider 2: Takeshi Sasaki (archive)
- Ambassador Hell: Kenji Ushio (archive)
- General Black: Matasaburō Niwa (archive)
- Ganikoumoru, Shocker Rider: Michihiro Ikemizu (archive)
- Kumo Otoko: Ryūji Saikachi (archive)
- Shinigami Chameleon: Ritsuo Sawa (archive)
- Hachi Onna: Terue Nunami (archive)
- Sabotegron: Toshiaki Suzuki (archive)
- Pirasaurus: Isao Yatsu (archive)
- Garagaranda: Eken Mine (archive)
- Hiruchameleon: Mahito Tsujimura (archive)
- Great Leader of Shocker: Gorō Naya
- Narrator: Shinji Nakae
- Opening themes
- "Let's Go!! Rider Kick" (レッツゴー!!ライダーキック Rettsu Gō!! Raidā Kikku)
- Ending themes
- "Lonely Kamen Rider" (ロンリー仮面ライダー Ronrī Kamen Raidā) (instrumental)
- Gorō Naya and Shinji Nakae are the only voice actors to reprise their roles as the Great Leader of Shocker and Narrator respectively, each of them recording new dialogues for the game. All the other characters' voices were taken from the laserdisc release of Kamen Rider.