|This article is about a movie in Kamen Rider Zero-One and Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
|WARNING: This movie contains scenes of gun violence, blood and murder. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation (仮面ライダー 令和 ザ・ファースト・ジェネレーション, Kamen Raidā Reiwa Za Fāsuto Jenerēshon) is a Japanese superhero crossover film between Kamen Rider Zero-One and Kamen Rider Zi-O, the first successor to the Heisei Generations Series, and the 11th Movie War film overall. Serving as a tribute to the original Kamen Rider series, Sougo travels to the World of Zero-One to assist Aruto in fixing the damages caused by a Time Jacker, while Aruto learns of his family's history as well as his own powers. Kamen Rider Thouser makes a brief appearance in the film before his in-series debut.
The catchphrase for the movie is "The future is right here." (「未来は、ここにある。」, "Mirai wa, koko ni aru.")
- 1 Production
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Continuity and Placement
- 4 Plot
- 5 Characters
- 6 Cast
- 7 Forms and Collectibles Used
- 8 Errors
- 9 Music
- 10 Release
- 11 Notes
- 12 External Links
- 13 References
After the premiere of Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER, Toei announced a Movie War crossover film between Kamen Rider Zi-O and the first succeeding Rider of the Reiwa era to premiere in the Winter of 2019, which was tentatively titled Kamen Rider Next Generations 2020.
12 years ago, the Daybreak Town Accident changed the world and brought forth a new prosperity towards artificial intelligence. But what if that were to all change?
Sougo Tokiwa gave up his conquest for power after he chose to reset the world and live a mundane life. However as a Time Jacker began to alter history once again, Sougo is forced to take up the mantle as Kamen Rider Zi-O once again, as he meets Aruto Hiden, the native Rider of the world he has to save.
This is the story of two Kamen Riders from two different worlds, whose fight together will ultimately determine the fate of all reality.
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: The film takes place between Episodes 9 and 10, with the post-credit scene featuring Thouser taking place sometime after Project Thouser. The film's events are acknowledged in Episode 25.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: The film takes place sometime after the series finale and before Kamen Rider Zi-O NEXT TIME: Geiz, Majesty.
Aruto Hiden wakes up from a dream he had of the Daybreak Town Accident. Realizing that he was late, he hurriedly rushed out of his apartment for Hiden Intelligence, spotting several types of Humagears he didn't know existed on the way. Arriving at the building, Aruto is subdued by the Humagears in the building and is shocked to discover that there was a new CEO, Will, who attacks him as Another Zero-One.
At Hikarigamori High School, Tsukuyomi poses a question to both Sougo and Geiz, asking them what they'd do should the world end. Upon reaching their classroom, they discover that all the faculty and students were robots, who were teaching themselves their revolution against humanity. After their teacher and the students deduced the trio to be humans, they move in and attack them, but Woz arrives and rescues them, later restoring their memories.
Aruto is thrown out of the building and activates his Driver, but the Rider Model mystically appears from the ground. He transforms into Zero-One to fight him, but his powers were sapped away shortly and his Driver taken. With no choice left, Aruto runs from the Humagears attacking him in public led by the Berotha Magia and Okureru as the Kuehne Magia. He was later rescued by Isamu Fuwa and Yua Yaiba and taken to the human resistance. After meeting Izu, who explained that there was a temporal disturbance in their universe, a platoon of Humagears led by Will, Horobi, and Jin began to raid the resistance base. Wanting to help fight, Soreo Hiden gives him a Forceriser, allowing him to transform into Kamen Rider Zerozero-One. In the midst of the resistance's defeat, Zi-O's team arrived and were successful in driving the Humagear force back. After explaining that the cause of this was due to Finis, a Time Jacker, Aruto goes back to 2007, 12 years in the past with Zi-O's team.
At the HidenExpo 2007 conference, Korenosuke Hiden presented the Humagears to the audience. In his office, his secretary Will expressed a desire to also be happy from taking over human labor. Disregarding this as an error, Korenosuke laughs it off. Arriving in 2007, Aruto and the Zi-O team reach the development factory and fight the Humagears that were terrorizing the workers. Aruto confronts Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata, whom he recognized as his father at the time. Soreo says that he will bring happiness to Humagears. It is revealed that he is working on the Ark Satellite, which caused the events to happen in the present day.
Finis arrives and presents Will with the Another Zero-One Watch, explaining that in the future, the revolution was stopped. Somewhere nearby, the Zi-O team encounter Finis, who wants to take all of the Kamen Rider powers for themself to prevent the rise of Ohma Zi-O. By corrupting the powers they took from Sougo, they transform into Another 1, and Sougo transforms into Zi-OTrinity. Later, Sougo and Geiz fight the Another Rider using their Time Mazines. Geiz throws his Time Mazine into the Another Rider, but becomes damaged and is forced to abandon it.
Now armed with the powers of Another Zero-One, Will attacks Soreo, who also revealed that he was planning on destroying the satellite so that humanity doesn't fall. Both Aruto and Soreo transform to fight Will, but he takes them both down and stops Soreo's bomb. Satellite Ark then launches into space, activating its control over all the Humagears on Earth. Will returns to Hiden Intelligence and kills Korenosuke while Soreo, now controlled by the Ark, attacks Aruto. Another 1 arrives in their area, and Geiz saves Aruto, telling him that there's nothing else they can do in that time period. Sougo picks them up and they return to 2019.
Returing to the resistance base, the resistance tell Aruto that Izu gave herself up to stop the attack and was taken by Will. Aruto heads over to the conference center and exclaims his dream of a coexistence between human and Humagear. After Soreo reveals himself in the audience, Shesta announces that an emergency vote will occur at this point, for as to whenever Aruto should become president. As Soreo held the majority of the stocks at the company, his vote is absolute. In the end, he voted no, and the Ark corrupted every single HumaGear in the audience, in which Will sends to attack Aruto. In the lobby, the resistance as well as Zi-O's team arrive to help fight the Humagears. Aruto faces his father and announces his intent to defeat his father and regain his powers. Elsewhere, Horobi and Jin fight Geiz, Tsukuyomi, and Woz, and Isamu and Yua fight a group of Humagears outside, later taking out Another Zero-One themselves.
Sougo confronts Finis, who had used Geiz's Time Mazine to come from the past. They both transform into Zi-O II and Another 1 respectively and fight. Aruto continues his fight with this father, who ultimately let his son defeat him, later revealing he was faking his evil nature this whole time, to ensure that Aruto was serious about having both human and Humagear coexist. With his death and "yes" vote, Aruto becomes president and receives the Zero-One Driver.
Another 1 absorbs Geiz's Time Mazine and becomes Another New 1. The Zea satellite is launched, and Aruto transforms into Zero-One to help Zi-O fight Another 1. Zero-One attacks them with Rocking Kaban Strash, and they attack them with other Progrisekeys and GrandZi-O. They finally finish them with their combined 'Rising Impact Time Break'. Everything returns to normal. Daybreak Town, Soreo, and Ark meet their original fates once again.
Later, Aruto and Team Zi-O meet again. Woz tells Aruto that everything has turned back to normal and only him and Izu will remember the events due to being connected to each other through Satellite Zea. Before leaving, Sougo says that he must erase Aruto's memories as well in order to return everything to normal. Aruto resists and both of them transform and engage into a friendly duel.
Everything returns to normal. Jin and Horobi, back in their base, wonder for how long would humanity continue to rule over the Earth. Jun immediately calls Shesta and Sanzo and requests them to create a Rider System for him while he practices his pose. Fuwa tells Yua about a dream in which he was turned into a Humagear. He asks Yua to destroy him if such a thing happens in reality. Yua asks him about his actions if she is turned into one, and Fuwa assures her that he will crush her.
Sougo, Geiz and Tsukuyomi return to their High School. Sougo teases Geiz because the latter slept during the class, but Geiz disagrees. Tsukuyomi comments that the truth is written on Geiz's face, which reminds Sougo of Zi-O's visor, but he doesn't tell them about it.
Aruto misses Soreo while staring at the Humagear body in his office. When Izu arrives, he asks her to change the design of his business cards and explains it, but Izu remembers Aruto's recent journey through timeline.
On the boundary of the Daybreak Town stands a golden Kamen Rider under the moonlight. He claims that his schemes are going exactly as he planned, or instead at 1000% rate.
|Kamen Rider Zero-One||Aruto Hiden|
|Kamen Rider ZeroZero-One|
|Kamen Rider Vulcan||Isamu Fuwa|
|Kamen Rider Valkyrie||Yua Yaiba|
|Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata||Soreo Hiden|
|Kamen Rider Zi-O||Sougo Tokiwa|
|Kamen Rider Geiz||Geiz Myokoin|
|Kamen Rider Woz||Black Woz|
|Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi||Tsukuyomi|
And Introducing Thouser
|Kamen Rider Thouser||Gai Amatsu|
|Kamen Rider Jin||Jin|
|Kamen Rider Horobi||Horobi|
|Berotha Magia||Unnamed Humagear|
- Zero-One Cast
- Aruto Hiden (飛電 或人, Hiden Aruto): Fumiya Takahashi (高橋 文哉, Takahashi Fumiya)
- Isamu Fuwa (不破 諫, Fuwa Isamu): Ryutaro Okada (岡田 龍太郎, Okada Ryūtarō)
- Izu (イズ): Noa Tsurushima (鶴嶋 乃愛, Tsurushima Noa)
- Yua Yaiba (刃 唯阿, Yaiba Yua): Hiroe Igeta (井桁 弘恵, Igeta Hiroe)
- Jin (迅): Daisuke Nakagawa (中川 大輔, Nakagawa Daisuke)
- Horobi (滅): Syuya Sunagawa (砂川 脩弥, Sunagawa Syuya)
- Jun Fukuzoe (福添 准, Fukuzoe Jun): Kazuya Kojima (児嶋 一哉, Kojima Kazuya)
- Sanzo Yamashito (山下 三造, Yamashita Sanzō): Arata Saeki (佐伯 新, Saeki Arata)
- Korenosuke Hiden (飛電 是之助, Hiden Korenosuke): Tokuma Nishioka (西岡 徳馬, Nishioka Tokuma)
- Soreo Hiden (飛電 其雄, Hiden Soreo): Koji Yamamoto (山本 耕史, Yamamoto Kōji)
- Hiden Zero-One Driver, A.I.M.S. Shot Riser, MetsubouJinrai Forceriser: Maynard Plant (メイナード・プラント, Meinādo Puranto), Blaise Plant (ブレイズ・プラント, Bureizu Puranto, Monkey Majik)
- Kamen Rider Thouser (仮面ライダーサウザー, Kamen Raidā Sauzā, Voice): Nachi Sakuragi (桜木 那智, Sakuragi Nachi)
- Zi-O Cast
- Sougo Tokiwa (常磐 ソウゴ, Tokiwa Sogo): So Okuno (奥野 壮, Okuno Sō)
- Geiz Myokoin (明光院 ゲイツ, Myōkōin Geitsu): Gaku Oshida (押田 岳, Oshida Gaku)
- Tsukuyomi (ツクヨミ): Shieri Ohata (大幡 しえり, Ōhata Shieri)
- Woz (ウォズ, Wozu): Keisuke Watanabe (渡邊 圭祐, Watanabe Keisuke)
- Guest Cast
- Finis (フィニス, Fīnisu) : Rina Ikoma (生駒 里奈, Ikoma Rina)
- Will (ウィル, Wiru) : Soko Wada (和田 聰宏, Wada Sōkō)
- Resistance member: Ryuji Kasahara (笠原 竜司, Kasahara Ryūji), Hayato Takenaka (竹中 隼人, Takenaka Hayato), Yuki Shiomi (潮見 勇輝, Shiomi Yūki), Tom Constantine, Takayuki Sato (佐藤 隆幸, Satō Takayuki), Gaimon (ガイモン), Yurika Hashimoto (橋本 ゆりか, Hashimoto Yurika), Fumina Suzuki (鈴木 ふみ奈, Suzuki Fumina), Yusuke Sano (佐野 祐介, Sano Yūsuke)
- Civilian: Happy Endo (ハッピー 遠藤, Happy Endō)
- Humagear Teacher (先生ヒューマギア, Sensei HyūmaGia): Shin Nagahama (長濱 慎, Nagahama Shin)
- Voice of Another 1 (アナザー1号の声, Anazā Ichigō no Koe): Kouji Ishii (石井 康嗣, Ishii Kōji)
- Kamen Rider Zero-One, Kamen Rider ZeroZero-One, Kamen Rider Geiz: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉, Nawata Yūya)
- Kamen Rider Zi-O, Kamen Rider Horobi, Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二, Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Vulcan: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔, Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Valkyrie: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧, Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Jin, Kamen Rider Woz, Another Zero-One: Eitoku (永徳, Eitoku)
- Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi: Natsumi Sano (佐野 夏未, Sano Natsumi)
- Kamen Rider Thouser: to be determined
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Key Used:
- Rising Hopper, Biting Shark, Flaming Tiger, Freezing Bear, Breaking Mammoth
- Rising Hopper
- Shooting Wolf
- Rushing Cheetah
- Flying Falcon
- Sting Scorpion
- Amazing Caucasus
- Form Used:
- Rising Hopper, Biting Shark, Flaming Tiger, Freezing Bear, Breaking Mammoth
- Rising Hopper
- Shooting Wolf
- Rushing Cheetah
- Flying Falcon
- Sting Scorpion
- Key Used:
- Rocking Hopper (in Attache Calibur)
- Rocking Hopper
- Awaking Arsino
- Form Used:
- Rocking Hopper
- Watch used:
- Zi-O, Zi-O Ridewatch II, Zi-OTrinity, GrandZi-O
- Rider Armor(s) used:
- Zi-O II, Zi-OTrinity, GrandZi-O
- Kamen Rider(s) summoned in GrandZi-O:
- Rider Slash: Ghost Ore Damashii, Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 2, Gaim Orange Arms, Blade Ace Form, OOO Tatoba Combo, Kabuto Rider Form, Den-O Sword Form
- Rider Shooting: Ryuki, Hibiki, Decade, Wizard Flame Style, Drive Type Speed, Build RabbitTank Form
- Rider Punch: Kuuga Mighty Form, Agito Ground Form, Faiz, Kiva, Double CycloneJoker, Fourze Basestates
- Weapon(s) summoned in GrandZi-O:
- Watch used:
- Futurering(s) used:
- Aruto was able to use the Rise Hopper despite the fact that it is stored in Satellite Zea, which was underground.
- After utilizing Rising Dystopia against Ichi-Gata, ZeroZero-One pushes and pulls the Force Executor on the Forceriser twice to perform Rising Utopia, in which he only had to push and pull the trigger once.
- On the computer screen at the Human Resistance's base, The word "Monitor" is misspelled as "Moniter".
- During the scene where Geiz and Tsukuyomi are present during the battle at Hiden Intelligence, the production crew can be spotted via pillar reflection.
The film's theme song is Another Daybreak, performed by both J & Takanori Nishikawa, who also performed Zero-One's theme song REAL×EYEZ. The film's original soundtrack is included in the Kamen Rider Zero-One CD Box.
- The film premiered in theaters on December 21, 2019.
- The film was released in both DVD and Blu-Ray formats on May 13, 2020.
- FeatPictures licensed and premiered the film in Indonesia on March 18, 2020
- The film was to be premiered nation-wide in Thailand on March 26, 2020 by DEX & Japan Anime Movie Thailand in Thai dub. But on February 29, 2020, a special theater release for 100 people was held instead.
- Golden Village licensed and premiered the film in Singapore on .March 7, 2020.
- TGV Cinemas licensed and premiered the film in Malaysia in several subtitled formats on March 14, 2020. However it only lasted three days before theaters shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- iTunes released the film in Southeast Asia on April 2020.
- The film premiered in Taiwan on April 24, 2020 with Japanese audio and Chinese subtitles, and Taiwanese dub.
- The film premiered in Hong Kong on May 8, 2020, with Japanese audio and Chinese subtitles, and Cantonese dub.
- The film also began streaming in China's Mainland on Tencent Video starting on May 13, 2020.
- The film was available on April 7, 2021 at 5:00pm PST for 24 hours on the Toei Tokusatsu World Channel as part of the 50th Anniversary celebration.
- Progrisekey Count at movie end
- Progrisekeys in Zero-One's possession: Rising Hopper, Biting Shark, Flaming Tiger, Freezing Bear, Breaking Mammoth
- Progrisekeys in Vulcan's possession: Shooting Wolf, Punching Kong
- Progrisekeys in Valkyrie's possession: Rushing Cheetah, Lightning Hornet
- Progrisekeys in Jin's possession: Flying Falcon
- Progrisekeys in Horobi's possession: Sting Scorpion, Amazing Hercules
- Zetsumerisekeys in MetsubouJinrai.net's possession: Berotha, Kuehne, Ekal, Neohi, Onycho, Vicarya, Gaeru, Mammoth, Dodo
- This is the first Movie War:
- to be released on the Reiwa Era.
- to serve as a crossover between two series from different eras.
- to continue the one story tradition after Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER.
- to feature a movie-exclusive Rider and not to feature Legend Riders and Legend Riders' Collectible devices, and the first since then to be written by only one writer with no other writers involved since Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Ghost & Drive: Super Movie Wars Genesis.
- to feature two female Riders from their different eras.
- to not have allies from the previous series appearing in this film.
- to have a unique ending theme that is not a mashup of opening themes since Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pac-Man vs. Ex-Aid & Ghost with Legend Riders.
- The existence of a human resistance force fighting against Another Zero-One and the Humagears lead by Will, due to the timeline changes caused by Time Jacker Finis, is similar to the group of humans fighting against enemy machines called Humanoise in the future shown in the year 2121 (Kamen Rider Kikai's era), in which was subconsciously created from Sougo Tokiwa's increasing potential as Zi-O.
- It also resembles an alternate reality of Kamen Rider 555: Paradise Lost, with a world primarily ruled by an enemy faction with one member of said enemy faction’s species (Yuji Kiba/Izu) aiding the resistance, much to the reluctance of some people (Masato Kusaka/Isamu Fuwa).
- The fact that this is a callback to an apocalyptic future is referenced by Tsukuyomi and Geiz in the film, where they called it an act of deja vu.
- Horobi and Will are the only known old generations of the Humagear to have their module (or possibly their own body) to be upgraded into the new generation in the movie.
- Despite Another Riders can only be defeated by the same Legend Rider power they possess, in this film, Vulcan and Valkyrie are able to destroy Another Zero-One.
- This may suggest that secondary Riders are able to destroy Another Riders based on the primary Rider.
- However, there are also instances in Kamen Rider Zi-O where Another Rider can be defeated by other powers, but their Anotherwatch will still be intact. In the latter case, Vulcan and Valkyrie's attack may simply have been powerful to destroy Will's body.
- This wouldn't be the first time where secondary Riders were able to destroy Another Riders based on the primary Rider, as Diend's summoned Specter and Brave were able to destroy Another Ghost and Another Ex-Aid, respectively.
- Kamen Rider ZeroZero-One's transformation effect uses the same metal locusts that would later be used for Metalcluster Hopper.
- This is the first time Zi-O changes into GrandZi-O while retaining its Rider form.
- Interestingly, the transformation effect removed the Zi-O statue from the line-up.
- In the end of the movie, Zi-O's transformation effect is modified to resemble to Ohma Zi-O's transformation effect. This could potentially be due to him utilizing Ohma Zi-O's abilities to remove his and Aruto's memories of the movie.
- This movie marks the second time GrandZi-O summons all 19 Heisei Main Riders since Zi-O episode 43, as well as the first time GrandZi-O summons Ryuki, Blade, Kabuto, Kiva and Decade.
- This is the first movie that Sougo doesn't transform into Past Riders or Future Riders.
- Certain scenes in the film foreshadow events that would take place in Zero-One's second to the last arcs:
- One of Another Zero-One's abilities is summoning a swarm of grasshoppers, mirroring MetalCluster Hopper's ability pre-introduction of the Progrise Hopper Blade.
- Will's concern about the future of the Humagears foreshadows Jin's philosophy after his resurrection during the middle of the second arc.
- Isamu's dream of becoming a Humagear also foreshadows the revelation that Naki had been uploaded into the chip in his head in the previous episode and would be using his body unaware in the episodes that followed.
- Isamu and Yua's conversation about killing each other one day, hypothetically should they become Humagears, mirrors the final episodes of the second arc, and the beginning of the third arc, where Isamu comes into direct conflict with Yua, who sided with Gai Amatsu at the time. The concept of 'human becoming evil' also foreshadows the introduction of the Raiders.
- Aruto, Isamu, (and later Yua) facing against Hiden Intelligence after it has been taken over by Gai Amatsu during the third arc.
- Izu announcing her wish to be with Aruto, mirrors the first episode of the third arc, where Izu initially chose to return to Hiden under Gai, but eventually decided to side with Aruto for his belief in doing "what is the best for humanity and Humagears alike".
- Will, an original-generation Humagear who received a new Humagear body, mirrors that of Horobi, Jin, Naki and Ikazuchi after both of their proper resurrection.
- During the credits, the transformation poses that Jun makes somewhat resemble those done by Takeshi Hongo.
- Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation Official Website