|This article is about a/an rider/monster in Kamen Rider Decade.|
Kamata (鎌田) was Kamen Rider Abyss (仮面ライダーアビス Kamen Raidā Abisu), a fictional character in the 2009 Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Decade. Unlike other Kamen Riders to appear in the other iterations of reality in Decade, Abyss is original to the series and did not originally appear in Kamen Rider Ryuki, although his Contract Monsters, Abysshammer and Abyssslasher, did.
Kamen Rider Decade
World of Ryuki
Kamata is actually the Paradoxa Undead (パラドキサアンデッド Paradokisa Andeddo), a Category King Undead who was brought into Ryuki's World by Narutaki. Assuming the guise of sub-chief editor of the Atashi Journal appeared to support Tsukasa and company in their investigation the scene of chief editor Reiko Momoi's murder to clear Natsumi Hikari, helping provide whatever info he could before he and Tsukasa are summoned to join the Kamen Rider Trial in the Mirror World.
When Imperer interferes in the fight, Abyss decides to take advantage of this turn of events to see Decade's abilities, overseeing the later fight between Decade and Knight before attempting to take them and Ryuki out. But once Ren acquires the Time Vent from Odin, Shinji uses it so he and Tsukasa can stop Reiko's murder, learning that Kamata is the culprit, using his Undead powers to kill Reiko. After being defeated by Decade and Ryuki, with his deck shattered, Kamata's true nature as an Undead is revealed by Narutaki who takes him back to his home: Blade's World.
World of Blade
Kamata returns to the World of Blade where he works with Hajime in a plot to take over the world as the chairman of the BOARD Corporation. Kamata arrives and attacks them as the Paradoxa Undead. As Decade battles the Paradoxa Undead with the Capricorn Undead backing him up, Kazuma becomes Blade and fights Garren and Leangle. However, both fights are interrupted with the appearance of Kamen Rider Chalice, who takes the Blay Buckle off of Kazuma and takes out the other Riders before fighting Decade one-on-one.
Decade continues his fight with Chalice, with Garren losing his Garren Buckle in the process. The fight comes to a sudden halt when Kamen Rider Todoroki shows up. Back at BOARD, Hishigata is demoted to Rank 3 while Kazuma is fired from BOARD,later Kazuma and Yusuke arrive too late to save Hishigata and Mutsuki as Hajime uses the created card from the Rider Systems to become the Joker, revealing his reasons to Kazuma. Decade arrives as Ryuki with the Blay Buckle and gives Kazuma the resolve to fight back. Once Kazuma becomes Blade, he and Decade destroy the two Undead together.
World of the Rider War
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
to be added
Kamen Rider Wizard
The Kamen Rider Rings
The Paradoxa Undead and Capricorn Undead's fight Decade (as seen in Welcome to the Blade Restaurant) was shown in a recollection by Amadum as he explained the nature of his world as a paradise for monsters destroyed by the Kamen Riders. The Paradoxa Undead also appears in the world within the Magic Stone proper.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Abyss appears as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Abyss is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
- Punching power: 10 t (200 AP)
- Kicking power: 15 t (300 AP)
- Maximum jump height: 30 m
- Maximum running speed: 100 m per 5 seconds
Kamata can transform into Kamen Rider Abyss using his Advent Deck and V-Buckle upon forming a contract with Abysslasher. Abyss also has an additional contract with Abysshammer. His Visor, the Abyss Visor (アビスバイザー Abisu Baizā), is mounted on his left arm. Abyss' punching power, kicking power, and running speed are identical to Raia's, while his jump height is lower.
Through the use of his Sword Vent Advent Card, Abyss can arm himself with the Abyss Saber (アビスサベル Abisu Seibā), Abysslasher's pair of swords. His Strike Vent arms him with the Abyssmash (アビススマッシュ Abisusumasshu), a gauntlet capable of firing high-pressure streams of water that is derived from Abysslasher's head.
By using his Final Vent, Abyss can execute the Abyss Dive, which combines Abysslasher and Abysshammer into Abyssodon (アビソドン Abisodon).
- Advent Deck - Transformation device and Advent Card holder
- V-Buckle - Transformation belt
- Advent Cards - Trinkets that enable a Rider to summon Contract Monsters, access equipment, and use special abilities
- Abyss Visor - Abyss's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
Behind the scenes
- In the music video for "Journey through the Decade", Gackt summons the Paradoxa Undead to fight Tsukasa. Gackt is also seen using the same killing technique used by Kamata against Tsukasa.
- Also in the Journey through the Decade video when the Paradoxa Undead turns at around the 3 minute mark a heart with a K below it can be seen.
- He is the second and last Undead in the Royal Club of the Heart to not have a surname, preceded by Shinmei, the Wolf Undead.
- The Paradoxa Undead was one of several Undead costumes which were used in a cameo in the OOO portion of Movie War Mega Max, where they were used to depict the obscured future monsters which attacked humanity in the future where Michal Minato comes from.
- Just like the Ryuki Riders, Kamata died an ironic death: he had committed murderous acts in two different A.R. Worlds, but his plots are backfired as he was defeated twice by Decade with the help of Ryuki and Blade.
- The Kamen Rider Abyss suit is unusual among Kamen Rider Ryuki-style Riders as a result of the actual suit portion underneath the armored portions having a unique color pattern, as opposed to the original 13 Riders whose suits were either black or had a single unique color.