|This article is about a/an transformation device in Kamen Rider Kabuto.|
The Kabuto Zecter (カブトゼクター Kabuto Zekutā) is Soji Tendo's personal Zecter that was created, along with its other Zecters, by the Natives 35 years prior to the events of the series. A mobile device that was modeled after the Japanese rhinoceros beetle.
By placing the Kabuto Zecter onto the Rider Belt, the Transformation Belt Kabuto Zecter (変身ベルト カブトゼクター Henshin Beruto Kabuto Zekutā) is formed. Tendo is then transformed into Kamen Rider Kabuto in Masked Form before he flips the "horn" on the Kabuto Zecter, like a switch, to initiate the Cast Off (キャストオフ Kyasuto Ofu) command in order to assume the sleeker Rider Form. Pressing the buttons on the Kabuto Zecter's "legs" in order (1-2-3) and flipping the horn to its original position allows Tendo to charge his attack until he flips its horn once again to initiate the Rider Kick (ライダーキック Raidā Kikku). Flipping the horn back to its original position without pressing the leg buttons initiates the Put On (プットオン Putto On) command.
When attached to the Perfect Zecter, it can give Hyper Kabuto the power to use the Hyper Blade and Hyper Cannon attacks, as well as combining with the other Zecters to unleash the Maximum Hyper Typhoon and Maximum Hyper Cyclone finishers.
In Kamen Rider Zi-O, the Kabuto Zecter is transformed into the Kabuto Ridewatch. Later it is damaged due to the result of the further space-time anomalies, each Heisei Rider history will crash into reality, represented by each Ridewatches' destruction, turning grey in color and cracked. However, Junichiro Tokiwa is able to repair it successfully.
Kabuto Zecter consists of the following parts:
- Zecter Horn (ゼクターホーン Zekutā Hōn) that can penetrate even 150 mm thick iron plate.
- Setup Rail (セットアップレール Settoappu Rēru) is a guideway for smoothly installing the Kabuto Zecter.
- Seven Dial Cover (セブンダイヤルカバー Sebun Daiyaru Kabā) is a cover made of Hihiirokane which protects the heart part seven dial of the Kabuto Zecter and the internal mechanism.
- Flight Axis (フライトアクシス Furaito Akushisu) normally, open the feather around the axis of the flight axes and fly in the sky at 950 km/h. It is also possible to jump by injecting tachyonic particles from the leg-shaped Thruster Slit (スラスタースリット Surasutā Suritto).
Behind the scenes
As with all the Zecters, the Kabuto Zecter's voice is provided by Surage Gajria (スラージ・ガジリア Surāji Gajiria). When given a personality in Kamen Rider Kabuto: Birth! Gatack Hyper Form!!, the Kabuto Zecter is voiced by Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu), who would later go on to voice the Gokaigers' equipment in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
Complete Selection Modification
In September 2014, the CSM Kabuto Zecter and Rider Belt was released. The Kabuto Zecter itself has little modifications as the horn is now die-cast metal and the lights have another layer of plastic. Additionally, it includes the Rider Kick sound effects unlike the deluxe version.
- The Kabuto Zector toy was used for Midnight Releasing's Ironman mockbuster Metal Man.