|This article is about a/an video game in the Kamen Rider Series.|
KAMEN RIDER: memory of heroez is a Japanese action-adventure video game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The game features Kamen Riders Zero-One, OOO, Double, Joker, Accel, Birth and Birth Prototype as playable characters.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Story
- 3 Characters
- 4 Voice Cast
- 5 Development
- 6 Release
- 7 Trophies
- 8 Reception
- 9 Future
- 10 Notes
- 11 Errors
- 12 External Links
- 13 References
memory of heroez is an action-adventure game played from a third person perspective. Players control either Zero-One, OOO, Double, Joker, Accel, or Birth, as they traverse through Sector City, and can freely switch between them at any time once unlocked outside of certain story restrictions.
The game utilizes a chain combat system not dissimilar from the Battride War series. Combat builds up the EX gauge, which is three bars long. Using up two bars allows for the execution of finishing techniques (Maximum Drive, Scanning Charge, and Impact/Big Bang). Riders can access their final forms with three full bars, which stays full until the Finishing Attack is triggered and de-transforms the Rider back to their previous form with no EX left.
Rider Power (RP) is essentially the stamina mechanic of the game. Chain attacks build Rider Power, allowing the player to change forms, use form-specific Unique Skills, and dodge.
Engaging in combat grants the player EXP for the Rider in play as well as Enemy Codes that can be redeemed towards upgrading Skill Gains as well as developing Accelerator Designs.
During exploration, the game features the usage of Memory Gadgets:
- Denden Sensor: Allows the player to search for key items and undeveloped Accelerated Designs.
- Frog Pod: Allows the player to pinpoint key locations.
During battle, the game allows the usage of Candroids:
- Tako: Stuns opponents
The game has two difficulty levels from the start: Beginner and Standard.
- Story Mode: The game has a 10-hour story campaign. Completing it unlocks New Game+, allowing you to transfer everything you've unlocked into a new play-through. The Extreme difficulty level opens up, as well as new playable characters such as Kamen Rider Double FangJoker, and Kamen Rider OOO Burakawani Combo.
- Survival Mode: The game has a survival mode in which you fight ten hordes of opponents.
The story takes place in Sector City, an island brimming with an unknown energy. It was once a well-known tourist area with many visitors every year... until the accident happened.
The Narumi Detective Agency received a mysterious email, a request to look for a "Professor Aida". An initial investigation leads Shotaro to Sector City, where he encounters a mysterious warrior bearing the letter X.
Who is Professor Aida? And what happened during the accident?
Teaming up with OOO and Zero-One, the Kamen Riders work together in the name of justice to uncover this mystery. The battle for humanity against those who bring harm to it begins now.
to be added
- Kamen Rider Zero-One
- Rising Hopper (default)
- Flying Falcon
- Shining Assault Hopper
- MetalCluster Hopper
- Kamen Rider Zero-Two (EX form)
- Kamen Rider OOO
- Kamen Rider Double
- Joker Half-Changes
- CycloneJoker (default)
- Metal Half-Changes
- Trigger Half-Changes
- CycloneJokerXtreme (EX form)
- FangJoker (Playable only in New Game+, treated as separate Rider from Double)
- Joker Half-Changes
- Kamen Rider Joker
- Kamen Rider Accel (default)
- AccelTrial (EX form)
- Kamen Rider Birth
- Birth Day (EX form)
- Kamen Rider Birth Prototype
Supporting Non-Playable Characters
- Spider Shock
- Bat Shot
- Denden Sensor
- Frog Pod
- Zeus Dopant
- Ankh (Lost)
- Kyouryu Greeed
- Terror Dopant
- Taboo Dopant
- Claydoll Dopant
- Nasca Dopant
- Smilodon Dopant
- Piranha Yummy
- Kamen Rider Eternal
- Shotaro Hidari (左 翔太郎 Hidari Shōtarō): Yoshimasa Hosoya (細谷 佳正 Hosoya Yoshimasa)
- Philip (フィリップ Firippu): Kōki Uchiyama (内山 昂輝 Uchiyama Kōki)
- Eiji Hino (火野 映司 Hino Eiji): Tatsuhisa Suzuki (鈴木達央 Suzuki Tatsuhisa)
- Aruto Hiden (飛電或人 Hiden Aruto): Fumiya Takahashi (高橋文哉 Takahashi Fumiya)
- Ryu Terui (照井 竜 Terui Ryū): Makoto Furukawa (古川 慎 Furukawa Makoto)
- Shintaro Goto (後藤 慎太郎 Gotō Shintarō): Sōma Saitō (斉藤 壮馬 Saitō Sōma)
- Akira Date (伊達 明 Date Akira): Tomoaki Maeno (前野 智昭 Maeno Tomoaki)
- Ankh (アンク Anku): Hiroyuki Yoshino (吉野 裕行 Yoshino Hiroyuki)
- Akiko Narumi (鳴海 亜樹子 Narumi Akiko): Mikako Komatsu (小松 未可子 Komatsu Mikako)
- Kirihiko Sudo/Sonozaki (須藤/園咲 霧彦 Sudō/Sonozaki Kirihiko): Hideo Ishikawa (石川 英郎 Ishikawa Hideo)
- Smilodon Dopant (スミロドン・ドーパント Sumirodon Dōpanto), Gamel (ガメル Gameru): Kenji Akabane (赤羽根 健治 Akabane Kenji)
- Saeko Sonozaki (園咲 冴子 Sonozaki Saeko): Satomi Satō (佐藤 聡美 Satō Satomi)
- Wakana Sonozaki (園咲 若菜 Sonozaki Wakana): Mao Ichimichi (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Ryubee Sonozaki (園咲 琉兵衛 Sonozaki Ryūbee): Katsuhisa Hōki (宝亀克寿 Hōki Katsuhisa)
- Uva (ウヴァ): Hashizume Tomohisa (橋詰知久 Tomohisa Hashizune)
- Kazari (カザリ): Hisayoshi Suganuma (菅沼 久義 Suganuma Hisayoshi)
- Mezool (メズール Mezūru): Yōko Hikasa (日笠 陽子 Hikasa Yōko)
- Kyouryu Greeed (恐竜グリード Kyōryū Gurīdo): Satoshi Mikami (三上 哲 Mikami Satoshi)
- Katsumi Daido (大道 克己 Daidō Katsumi): Yuuichi Nakamura (中村 悠一 Nakamura Yūichi)
- Ai (アイ)/Aida (アイダ): Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari)
- Zeus (ゼウス Zeusu): Takehito Koyasu (子安 武人 Koyasu Takehito)
Producer Kentaro Matano mentions that Double, OOO, and Zero-One were specifically chosen to fill the game's roster as they embody the "genealogy of justice". Due to the heavy narrative elements within the game, all characters, (with the exception of Zero-One), are voiced by a new voice cast rather than their original actors to appropriately differentiate the game from the television series.
Matano was impressed by the direction of the film Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate, and personally asked Koichi Sakamoto to direct the game.
As the game was made with older fans in mind, the title was specifically chosen to be written entirely in English.
The game was first announced with a trailer through a Bandai Namco livestream on July 23, 2020. The trailer also revealed pre-order bonuses, which included three special taunts (one for each Rider), and four additional equip items that increase experience points and Rider Power in battle, as well as the Premium Sound Edition.
Pre-orders for all editions of the game began on September 11, 2020. The game launched simultaneously on October 29, 2020 in Japan, in Southeast Asia with English subtitles, in China with Traditional Chinese subtitles, and in South Korea with Korean subtitles.
Premium Sound Edition
The Premium Sound Edition of the game includes over 60 additional tracks such as opening themes, insert songs, and customizable in-game BGM from W, OOO, and Zero-One. This edition also comes with a limited Digital Art Collection.
- Opening Themes/Insert Songs
- W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~
- Cyclone Effect
- Free your Heat
- Finger on the Trigger
- Extreme Dream
- Anything Goes!
- Regret Nothing ~Tighten Up~
- Got to keep it real
- Ride on Right time
- Sun Goes Up
- Time Judged All
- Shout Out
- POWER to TEARER
- Another Daybreak
- Background Music
- Imamade no Double ha
- Dai Tsuiseki
- Panic World
- Dai Ransen
- Yogiri no Tantei
- OOO the Story
- Perfect Traveler
- Henshin OOO
- Joshi Gakusei Hina
- Yokubou no Kyodaika
- Dai Soudou
- Naniwa no Kokoroiki
- Double Mecha
- Kyuukyoku no Memoria
- Unmei no Joker
- Core Medal no Himitsu
- Scanning Charge
- Ani to Imouto
- Hametsu he no Countdown
- Hisou-na Hina
- more coming soon
The PS4 version has 50 trophies associated with the game.
- Total Conquest: Acquired all trophies.
- Infiltrating the City Sector: Began investigating the City Sector.
- Infiltrating the Forest Sector: Began investigating the Forest Sector.
- Infiltrating the Water Purification Sector: Began investigating the Water Purification Sector.
- Infiltrating the Harbor Sector: Began investigating the Harbor Sector.
- Infiltrating the Waste Disposal Sector: Began investigating the Waste Disposal Sector.
- Infiltrating the Desert Sector: Began investigating the Desert Sector.
- Infiltrating the Swamp Sector: Began investigating the Swamp Sector.
- Infiltrating the Refining Sector: Began investigating the Refining Sector.
- Infiltrating the Wasteland Sector: Began investigating the Wasteland Sector.
- Infiltrating the Center Tower: Began investigating the Center Tower.
- Case Closed: Completed the entire story.
- W Player: Used W for the first time.
- OOO Player: Used OOO for the first time.
- Zero-One Player: Used Zero-One for the first time
- Accel Player: Used Accel for the first time.
- Birth Player: Used Birth for the first time.
- Proto Birth Player: Used Birth Prototype for the first time
- Joker Player: Used Joker for the first time.
- Fang Joker Player: Used Fang Joker for the first time
- W the Mighty: Strengthened W to Max Level.
- OOO the Mighty: Strengthened OOO to Max Level.
- Zero-One the Mighty: Strengthened Zero-One to Max Level.
- Accel the Mighty: Strengthened Accel to Max Level.
- Birth the Mighty: Strengthened Birth to Max Level
- Proto Birth the Mighty: Strengthened Birth Prototype to Max Level.
- Joker the Mighty: Strengthened Joker to Max Level.
- W's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for W
- OOO's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for OOO.
- Zero-One's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for Zero-One.
- Accel's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for Accel.
- Birth's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for Birth.
- Proto-Birth's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for Birth Prototype.
- Joker's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for Joker
- Fang Joker's Awakening: Acquired all Skill Gains for Fang Joker.
- Form Chain Beginner:Used a Form Chain.
- Form Chain Master: Used a Form Chain for the 100th time.
- Battle Beginner: Achieved an evaluation of SSS in battle.
- Battle Master: Achieved an evaluation of SSS in battle 100 time
- Finishing Move Beginner: Used a Finishing Move.
- Finishing Move Master: Used a Finishing Move with all Riders.
- Counterattack Beginner: Used a counterattack.
- Counterattack Master: Used a counterattack for the 100th time
- Enemy Hunter: Defeated 1000 enemies.
- Chain Master: Achieved a chain of 200.
- Enemy Code Collector: Acquired a total of 100,000 Enemy Codes.
- Beginner Searcher: Acquired 5 Accelerator blueprints.
- Master Searcher: Acquired 20 Accelerator blueprints.
- Beginner Developer: Developed an Accelerator.
- Master Developer: Developed 20 Accelerators.
to be added
Producer Matano has expressed interest in making a follow-up installment of memory of heroez should it do well.
- This is the first Kamen Rider console game since The Masked Rider: Kamen Rider ZO to have its main title be in English in the first place.
- All characters are voiced by new cast members rather than their original television actors due to a creative choice by the production team. That being said, Fumiya Takahashi is the only exception as he's the only returning cast member from the television franchise. 
- This is the first console game to be released since Kamen Rider: Climax Scramble, and to be released after the end of the show the latest Rider featured in the game starred in, as opposed to during the holiday season of said show's airing.
- The title logo of the game contains special references to each of the game's three main riders.
- The M in Kamen is the W in Kamen Rider W, flipped upside-down.
- The O Scanner is used for the D in Rider and the three Os in memory of heroez have the gleam of the Tatoba Combo.
- The z in heroez represents Zero-One.
- The three main riders all share the grasshopper motif.
- The engraved in the Genealogy of Justice in the first trailer of the game could be a reference to Kamen Rider: Seigi no Keifu.
- This game features a theme song sung by both Aya Kamiki and TAKUYA, their first collaboration in 11 years since Kamen Rider W.
- Interestingly, this game also features Kamen Rider Double as one of the main characters.
- This game features the debut of Kamen Rider OOO Mukachiri Combo, which was a toy-exclusive combo previously only available on the CSM OOO Driver.
- Bandai announced a collaboration between their digital card game Zenonzard and Kamen Rider, releasing cards from Zero-One, OOO, and W exclusively. While not explicitly confirmed, this might have been promotion for memory of heroez.
- While the collaboration itself was Asia-exclusive, the cards themselves were released in the American servers with original card art and names (and card effects unchanged) in the Heroic Masquerade card pack.
- Despite this game also featuring Zero-One, no other characters from his series are featured, though Izu is mentioned at one point.
- Only the Riders originating from Kamen Rider W are ever called by their real names, while OOO, Zero-One, and both Births are referred to by their Rider designations throughout the entire game. However their real names are mentioned in the data screen given to the player when they first become playable.
- Similarly to Heisei Generations Final, the plot forgets that Eiji had regained the Core Medals in the crossover with Fourze.