|This article is about a rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
|"You... You were supposed to make my game more fun."|
|―Gai's final words as Ouja betrayed him.[src]|
Jun Shibaura (芝浦 淳, Shibaura Jun) was Kamen Rider Gai (仮面ライダーガイ, Kamen Raidā Gai, Masked Rider Gai), a fictional character in Kamen Rider Ryuki. He was the sixth of the 13 Kamen Riders the story revolves around.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearances in other media
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Kamen Rider Gai
- 8 Contract Monster
- 9 Equipment
- 10 Rider Card
- 11 Relationships
- 12 Behind the scenes
- 13 Notes
- 14 Appearances
- 15 See also
- 16 References
- 17 External Links
- 18 Navigation
Kamen Rider Ryuki
He is a 3rd year college student at Meirin University, extremely well-versed in computers and programming to be in the Matrix Netgame Club. He joined the Rider War simply to be the winner, seeing it as nothing more than a game. Jun even used his Matrix members' thrill-seeking urge against them to fight to the death in a game similar to the Rider War while he watched from the shadows.
Investigating the matter, Shinji meets Jun when he reveals to the journalist as the mastermind behind the game of death. When the Mirror Monsters arrived, they transformed and fight one of the Mirror Monsters. After the defeating the monsters however, he later attacks Ryuki and steal his Dragreder card. He used both Shinji's card and the virus he uploaded to the ORE Journal mainframe to blackmail himself into their head of their company. Shimada eventually managed to wipe out his programming with her own virus, while Miyuki Tezuka stole back the Dragreder card. Soon after, Jun was picked up by the police for his ties to the Matrix member murders, getting his father to bail him out with Shuichi Kitaoka's aid.
Jun even went so far as to reveal the true identity of the other Riders among them, impressed with Takeshi Asakura's sadistic nature. To suit that end, Jun kidnapped Yui to start a "Rider party" between him, Kamen Rider Knight, Kamen Rider Raia, and Kamen Rider Ryuki. However, in the middle of the fight, their battle gets intertwined with the one between Kamen Rider Zolda and Kamen Rider Ouja, who used Gai as a shield to take the blunt of Zolda's Final Vent before killing him with his own hands. Metalgelas was infuriated at its master's death at the hands of Kamen Rider Ouja and went after him only to fall victim to Ouja's contract card.
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
Kamen Rider Diend summons Kamen Rider Gai, Raia, and PunchHopper in the World of Decade to fight KickHopper and Ouja. Armed with the Metal Horn, he and Raia fights against Ouja, but the result of the fight is not shown. 「Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker」
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Gai was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader. 「OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders」
Appearances in other media
Type23. - Ice Pop! The Dragon Allocates Pace!
Kamen Rider Gai appears with Ryuki, V3, and W. According to Kivat-Bat the 3rd, Gai is considered the least compatible match.「Type23. - Ice Pop! The Dragon Allocates Pace!」
Type33. - Advent! The Bride of the Prince!
Kamen Rider Gai appears with Faiz ,Kuuga Pegasus Form, and OOO Tajadol Combo. According to Urataros, Gai is considered the least compatible match.「Type33. - Advent! The Bride of the Prince!」
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuki (Video Game)
Kamen Rider Gai appears as playable character in the PS1 game. Like the other Ryuki Riders, he summons his Contract monster, Metalgelas and uses his Advent cards with his finisher being Heavy Pressure.
Climax Heroes Series
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
Kamen Rider Gai appears in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era, in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO.
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze
Kamen Rider Gai in the video game with the others Kamen Riders of the Heisei Era, in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Kamen Rider Gai is an playable character with the other Kamen Riders in Super Climax Heroes.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Gai appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Gai appears as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Gai appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game.
It is the tenth collaboration pack and the fifth collaboration with the Kamen Rider franchise. CB10 was released in Japan on December 21st, 2019. This set includes spirit, magic, and nexus cards in all six colors,Kamen Rider Gai appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Gai Battle Spirits Cards Included
- Kamen Rider Gai(Common)
Jun is a self-centered and arrogant man who takes pleasure in flaunting his superiority and toying with other people's lives for nothing more than a good laugh. He has no qualms about taking others' lives or leading others to do so. He prides himself in his resourcefulness and intelligence, which allows him to be able to manipulate other people the way he sees fit. However, such a trait eventually becomes the reason for his death, as he arrogantly (and wrongly) thinks that his intelligence will enable him to control Takeshi Asakura - one of the most dangerous participants of the Rider War, only to be manipulated himself in the end.
- Unnamed father
- Knowledge of programming: Jun has great knowledge in programming and is capable of hacking computers by sending them a virus, Jun hacked the PC of the editorial department of "ORE Journal" to steal the subscribers' data.
- Game creation: Jun as a member of the Matrix Netgame Club, like the other members in the team, he has a routine to create and play his own video games.
- Expert gammer: Jun is an expert in playing all kind of video games.
- Master Manipulator: Jun has been shown to be charming and persuasive, using his status and knowledge of other riders to convince allies and foes alike to do his bidding. These ways of manipulating were what allowed him to keep his lies to make all the riders fight each other to the death in their death game.
- Overconfidence: Jun's own weakness is his own overconfidence believing that he would get away with each of his actions and manipulations. However, he ended up receiving the consequences of each one of those, first trusting that he had total control of Ore journal to end up being arrested by the police, also trying to manipulate Takeshi Asakura into participating and ultimately being killed by the venon crash.
Kamen Rider Gai
- Punching Power: 15 t.[note 1]
- Kicking Power: 15 t.[note 1]
- Maximum Jump Height: 20 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
Jun can transform into Kamen Rider Gai using his Card Deck and V Buckle upon forming a contract with Metalgelas. His Visor, the Metalvisor (メタルバイザー, Metaru Baizā), is mounted on his left shoulder. Gai's punching power and kicking power are identical to Zolda's, while his jump height and running speed are higher. However, his jump height is still overall poor in comparison to the rest of the 13 Riders.
Through the use of his Strike Vent Advent Card, Gai can arm himself with the Metalhorn (メタルホーン, Metaru Hōn), a gauntlet derived from Metalgelas' head.
By using his Final Vent, Gai can execute his finisher, Heavy Pressure (ヘビープレッシャー, Hebī Puresshā), which equips him with the Metal Horn if he does not already possess it. Gai next grabs onto Metalgelas' head with his legs and points the Metal Horn in front of him. Metalgelas then runs into the enemy, resulting in Gai striking it with the Metal Horn.
- Main article: Metalgelas
- Card Deck - Transformation device and Advent Card holder
- V Buckle - Transformation belt
- Advent Cards - Trinkets that enable a Rider to summon Contract Monsters, access equipment, and use special abilities
- Metalvisor - Gai's Visor that enables him to use Advent Cards
- Rideshooter - Motorcycle used by any Rider to enter the Mirror World
|"Kamen Ride: Gai"|
|―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]|
- Kamen Ride: Gai: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Gai. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Gai armed with Strike Vent. First used in the World of Decade to fight Ouja and KickHopper. Also available to be summoned by Diend in Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes OOO.
- ORE Journal: When Jun took control of the company, he became an unruly and controlling boss towards his employees, merely using them for his own purposes and benefit.
- Kamen Riders:
- Shinji Kido/Kamen Rider Ryuki: Jun considers Shinji useless and he takes every opportunity to put everything against him. He pretended to be Shinji's ally in order to get the latter involved in his macabre game.
- Ren Akiyama/Kamen Rider Knight: Jun called Ren useless in all respects, and considered him a coward and a hindrance for not having the courage to kill him when he had the opportunity.
- Miyuki Tezuka/Kamen Rider Raia: Jun considers Tezuka's predictions to be in vain.
- Takeshi Asakura/Kamen Rider Ouja: Jun believed that he could manipulate Takeshi as part of his plan, however he ended up being killed at the hands of the latter instead.
- Shuichi Kitaoka/Kamen Rider Zolda: The lawyer who helped Jun get out of prison. Upon learning that Shuichi was Zolda, Jun saw him as an interesting individual and another enemy in his game.
- Yui Kanzaki: Jun kidnaps her and and uses her as bait to lure the other Riders out into battle.
- Shiro Kanzaki - The one responsible for giving Jun the Card Deck, allowing him to transform into Gai.
Behind the scenes
- Since his last appearance in Rider Gathering, several fans began to depict Kamen Rider Gai as a human shield (as he was used as one by Ouja to defend Zolda's Final Vent), earning the "Guard Vent" nickname.
- His Rider name, Gai, is a kun'yomi reading for the kanji "Yoroi" (鎧 lit. "armor"), as his Rider form appeared as he is heavily armored along with his Mirror Monster, Metalgelas.
- Like other Riders, Jun died an ironic death: He loved to manipulate other people but was killed by a person he thought he could manipulate, technically having himself manipulated in the end.
- Gai is one of three riders in the series who has their Visor attached to their suit (in Gai's case, the Visor is mounted on his shoulder), the other two being Imperer whose Visor is mounted on his knee, and Verde whose Visor is mounted on his thigh. The same is said for their respective American counterparts.
- Kamen Rider Ryuki Spoiler Page
- Jun Shibaura on Kamen Rider Official
- Kamen Rider Gai on Kamen Rider Official