|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Amazons.|
- "I'll beat you in (number) move(s)."
- ―Amazon Sigma's taunting before the battle[src]
Jun Maehara (前原 淳 Maehara Jun) was the scout of the Nozama Peston Service. After his death at the hands of Dragonfly Amazon he was revived by transplanting Amazon Cells into his corpse. He uses the Amazons Driver to become Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma (仮面ライダーアマゾンシグマ Kamen Raidā Amazon Shiguma).
- Identification code:Unknown
- Destroyed by: Mole Amazon
Jun is originally a member of the Nozama Peston Services, and an Amazon hunter. He is untimely killed during the hunters' confrontation with the Dragonfly Amazon, formerly Ryusuke Otaki, attempting to get through to his former comrade only to be mauled by the hungry Amazon. Mortally wounded, Maehara takes solace in that, though fated to die at the hands of one of the beasts, it was Otaki who did so, before he dies.
Nozama Pharmacy, lead by Yugo Tachibana, then implanted Amazon Cells into his dead body, reanimating him, resulting in him turning into his Amazon Origin Form. He is also seen in a cage, chained, waiting for the moment to go outside
Takaaki Tenjo ordered Shogo Kano to give Jun the newly developed Amazons Driver, allowing him to transform into Amazon Sigma, an Amazon similar in appearance to Alpha and Omega. His first deployment was as a trap to kill Jin Takayama, where Yugo Tachibana sent an e-mail to him, mentioning "a new type of Amazon". He was easily able to overpower Amazon Alpha, severely wounding him and forcing him to retreat.
In the next encounter between him and Nozama Peston Services, he then overpowers Amazon Omega, even managing to deliver a near-fatal blow through Omega's torso.
Afterwards, he received a maintenance check in Nozama Pharmacy. His next deployment was to intercept Jin, who was chasing the Tlaloc switch stolen by Shogo Kano. Again, he managed to defeat Alpha even more easily, though this time Jin didn't fall, stating that he simply didn't want to, which the dead would never understand.
Immediately after, Nozama Peston Services and Haruka came, with Jin recovering and joining the fray not long after. In the ensuing battle, Amazon Sigma was able to fight more than evenly against the Alpha-Omega duo, until he was caught off-guard by an electric bullet combination from Kazuya Misaki and Kota Fukuda, his previous teammates. Taking the chance, Amazon Alpha hit him with the Violent Slash, followed by Omega's Violent Strike.
Even after all of the punishment he received, Amazon Sigma was still able to stand as if nothing happened. However, it turned out that he just didn't feel pain; his body started to dissolve, the damage to it finally taking its toll. When he realized this, it was too late. Upon him attempting to escape, his torso was impaled from behind by Mole Amazon, killing him.
The news of his death reached the Chairman of Nozama Pharmacy quickly, who became enraged, thinking that he was being used as an "accessory to failed research" by Yugo Tachibana. He then stated that despite Amazon Sigma's power, a lifeform who doesn't eat is garbage.
It is very likely that the project was discontinued and no other Amazon Sigma was produced anymore, except for one Five years later.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Powers and Abilities
Little was known about Jun's abilities while he was a living human, other than him being a skilled hacker and fighter, as well as an accomplished chess player, the latter of which is often referenced in his fights as an undead Amazon, used for taunting his opponents as to how many moves he would take to finish them off.
As a biological weapon designed and built to surpass the 'old' Amazon in every way, his basic fighting abilities as an undead Amazon is easily on par with that of Alpha's and Omega's, while his lack of morality and sense of pain boosts his parameters significantly, enabling him to easily take on Alpha or Omega on one-on-one fights, and almost defeating them altogether after being upgraded. However, his lack of sense of pain also serves as his weakness as he is unable to gauge the damage he has taken in fights, causing him to overexert himself all the time, thereby taxing his regenerative abilities heavily.
As an undead with no need, as well as being incapable, of consuming food, he is forced to rely on researchers back in Nozama Pharmacy for maintenance of his wellbeing. His overall abilities are also dependent on how good said researchers are at their jobs in maintaining and upgrading him, as he is thoroughly incapable of growth in any way. This makes him a deadly yet easy to control weapon.
Amazon Origin (アマゾン素体 Amazon Mototai) is Amazon Sigma's initial form before equipping the Amazons Driver. In his case, it appears to be identical to his default form. This form is exclusive to S1 Episode 8
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
By using the specialized Amazons Driver made by Tachibana and his crew, it allows Jun to transform into Amazon Sigma.
Thanks to the newly developed Amazon Cells that are implanted in his body, he doesn't need to eat to restore his energy to transform again. Also, the belt allows him the ability to not feel pain, which acts both as an advantage and an disadvantage, as shown during his debut and his death.
- Sigma Header (シグマヘッダー Shiguma Heddā): Sensor Antenna. Able to detect noise and enemy presence in his surroundings.
- Amazon Eye (アマゾン・アイ Amazon Ai): Able to change focus at will and catch a target 1k meter away even if they are at high speed.
- Crusher (クラッシャー Kurasshā): Sigma's fang. Sharp fangs which can easily chew through steel.
- Converter Lung (コンバーターラング Konbātā Rangu): Sigma's chest. With the Amazons Driver's influence, the Amazon cells harden themselves to protect the core inside by cancelling almost all damage. It can also absorb heat and wind from the surrounding and convert it to stock energy.
- Shell Break Arm (シェルブレークアーム Sheru Burēku Āmu)：Arm cutter that can give the enemy severe damage to the internal hub.
- Shell Break Leg (シェルブレークレッグ Sheru Burēku Reggu)： Boot cutter that can momentarily activate the cell and enhanced motor function.
- Knee Hex (ニーヘクス Nī Hecusu): Knee protector that can observe the quake and strengthen the knee.
- Wilder Crust (ワイルダークラスト Wairudā Kurasuto)：A skin that can moderately fasten and stretch the joints and muscles, also can change the hardness of parts of the body to defend from an enemy's attack.
- Violent Strike
Behind the Scenes
- Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma's appearance is identical to Haruka Mizusawa's Amazon Origin form, just with a different color scheme and the Amazons Driver.
- Sigma's color scheme is highly reminiscent of a red-bellied piranha.
- Jun shares similarities to the Necro-Overs from Kamen Rider W.
- He and Jin are presumably the only Amazons who don't need to use an Amazons Register to control themselves.
- In the western release of Kamen Rider Amazons, Amazon Sigma is known as Amazon Rider Sigma.
- Ironically, the cause of both his deaths was by his teammates from Nozama Peston Service; as a human, he was killed by his comrade-turned-Amazon Ryusuke Otaki/Dragonfly Amazon, and as Amazon, he was killed by Mamoru/Mole Amazon.
- He is the only Amazon Rider (along with the movie-exclusive Amazon Neo Alpha) not to have a Ridewatch representing his Rider form.
- Jun Maehara shares his first name whith Jun Shibaura/Kamen Rider Gai from Kamen Rider Ryuki, Jun Kiyama/DenziYellow from Denshi Sentai Denziman and Jun Yabuki/Yellow4 from Choudenshi Bioman.
- In the video Game Pachinko Kamen Rider: Full Throttle is view a evil Amazon copy Dark Amazon, that had the similar color scheme amoung Sigma
- unnamed person - Second user of Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma Powers.
- Kamen Rider Amazons Data File
- "Superhero Year's site for Amazons Season 1". http://www.superhero-year.com/amazons/season1.html.