|This article needs to be updated.
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
|This article is about a/an ally in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
She was initially destroyed by Horobi following the latter's declaration of war against humanity. After his and Aruto's fight, Aruto successfully rebuilt her, though per to her protocols, none of the original Izu's memories were retained.
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Behind the Scenes
- 6 Notes
- 7 Appearances
- 8 References
Izu was created by Korenosuke Hiden as the successor to Wazu Nazotoku and presumably Will. After Korenosuke passed away, the Communication Satellite Zea began the development of the Hiden Zero-One Driver, reactivating Izu in the process. Izu says that her mission is finally starting as per BS-ZA protocol, and departs to locate Aruto Hiden, Korenosuke's grandson.
Arriving at the theme park where Aruto works, she asks the young man to go with her as per his grandfather's will. The two depart to attend Hiden Intelligence's executive meeting, where Aruto is given his late grandfather's will. Aruto, shocked that his grandfather inherited the company to him, is then presented the Hiden Zero-One Driver by Izu. Still in shock, Aruto chooses not to become the next president and leaves the meeting.
Izu heads back to the theme park following the attack of the Berotha Magia. Seeing the destruction caused, Aruto asks her for the Zero-One Driver. After equipping the Driver, his mind is uploaded into Zea, where Izu explains to him about the Driver's Tutorial Mode. After completing the tutorial, Aruto transforms into Kamen Rider Zero-One. With his newfound power, Aruto disposes of the Trilobite Magias with the Attache Calibur and destroys the Berotha Magia with the Rising Impact.
After Aruto saved the amusement park, Izu revealed that by accepting the Zero-One Driver, he also accepted his new position as the president of Hiden Intelligence. She gives Aruto the RisePhone as his ID Card and proceeds to depart back to the company's HQ.
After Izu took Aruto to the CEO's office, Jin of MetsubouJinrai.net, along with the Kuehne Magia has intruded Hiden Intelligence and causes havoc inside the building. Jin also hacked the Security Guard-type Humagear Mamoru, and turned him into the Ekal Magia. Izu has managed to record Jin and MetsubouJinrai.net for a later press conference, proving that the terrorist group was responsible for making the Humagears go berserk and attack anyone.
Time with Wazu
During the shooting of a drama, the actor Shinya Owada was shot by the Assassin-type Humagear, "Little Assassin", who was also the Dodo Magia. The film production accuses Hiden Intelligence of having a Humagear going on a killing spree, causing the police to investigate. During this chaos, the Private Detective-type Humagear Wazu Nazotoku introduces himself to Aruto and offers to help him track down the Dodo Magia. Wazu deemed himself as Izu's older brother, as he served as a prototype of Izu. However, Izu herself was shocked by this, as she interpreted the older Humagear's words to be a malicious joke.
Izu had doubts about Wazu as Aruto's private detective, mainly due to his playful nature and his tenacity to get distracted, as a result of achieving Singularity. In fact, when Izu called Aruto about Wazu's seeming negligence, she stated to him that she learned anger, though she was incapable of showing it. Thankfully, Wazu managed to find a clue along with the help of Isamu Fuwa, who was nearby. They caught a group of thieves who steal Humagears, modify them, and then put them on the market. Wazu questions the thieves where he could find the Dodo Magia, which led them to a festival with a modified Festival Dancer-type Humagear named Matsurida Z No. 5, who escaped from the thieves. Due to this feat, Izu started to get rid of her doubts about her brother and his skills.
To surpass the empowered Dodo Magia and its learning abilities, Izu has produced the Shining Hopper Progrisekey via the Hiden Intelligence Three Dimensional Printing System for Aruto to use. She delivers the Progrisekey to Aruto during his struggle against the Dodo Magia, but Wazu advised Aruto to use the Breaking Mammoth Progrisekey instead. However, his piece of advice was dismissed by Izu telling him that Shining Hopper is necessary to overcome the Dodo Magia's learning abilities.
However, the Shining Hopper form Aruto is using is actually incomplete, as Zea was unable to keep up with Aruto's growing combat skills. Wazu summons Breaking Mammoth in its Jet Form by authorizing the Breaking Mammoth Progrisekey through the Hiden Zero-One Driver and rescues Aruto from the Dodo Magia, being beamed to the jet alongside Izu, Isamu, and himself.
HIDEN Manufacturing & the Ark's revival
- "President Aruto...I still believe... that one day, Humagear could... laugh from the heart..."
"Yeah... That's why... Let's make it true together..."
"Horobi can also...laugh from the heart one day right?..."
- ―Izu's final words before her death[src]
At a simulation, Izu saw that Horobi transformed into Ark-One and manages to kill an untransformed Aruto, despite the latter plea for him to stop. Izu wonders if this was another simulation created by Zea. However, Azu suddenly appeared and explained that the current situation is created by Ark. Azu then taunts Izu whether she could stop Ark by herself before she wakes up. Izu then tells Aruto that if Horobi can't be persuaded, He'll turn into Ark once more, although Izu decided to not telling the young CEO about his predicted death.
Izu then confronts Horobi just before he launches a full-scale assault against humans using numerous Magias. Horobi ended up refusing to accept Izu opinions about possible coexistence with humans, worsen by the sudden appearance of Fuwa and Yua demanding of Horobi destruction. The battle ensues and Aruto manages to save Izu from some Magias attack. In the end, Izu still decides to confront Horobi alone. However, her decision proven to be fatal as Horobi exclaimed that he has no heart, before shooting Izu with Attache Arrow.
Aruto later found out Izu, severely broken after receiving Horobi's attack head-on. Izu voices her belief that one day, Humagears could laugh from the bottom of their heart, including Horobi. Aruto desperately pleading her to live as she begins to overheat. Izu then bids Aruto farewell as she pushed Aruto away, before exploding in her usual secretary pose, much to Fuwa, Yua, & Jin's shock while Horobi remains indifferent.
As her ribbon fell down to the ground, Aruto finally breaks down to tears and an anguished scream.
With the death of Izu, Aruto fell into despair. Wishing revenge against Horobi, Aruto is convinced by Azu to use the Ark-One Progrisekey to become Kamen Rider Ark-One.
After the final showdown between Aruto and Horobi, Aruto is seen holding Izu's Progrisekey, in which the data that involving Zero-One is no longer available. Eventually, Aruto recreated Izu in a rebooted state, with no memory of the original. Despite this, Aruto does not mind and sought to teach the new Izu, while make her learn his jokes at the same time.
Izu appears as one of the two people aware of the timeline alterations. After Aruto awoke in the altered reality, she explained to him the circumstances, later getting captured by Will in exchange for the safety of the resistance.
Izu fully works alongside Aruto and supports him in his cause and fight, but he dislikes the fact that she constantly explains the meanings of his gags and jokes. However, the latter would get used to this disobedience over time. To remedy Aruto's lack of experience as president and as a Kamen Rider, she usually takes charge of important actions such as making announcements to the media and creating new Progrisekeys as she scans Magia that Aruto fights.
Over time, Izu became more capable of showing emotions like surprise, confusion, and happiness. She completely reached Singularity in episode 30 thanks to encouragement from Aruto and Jin, now wanting to live her own life with Aruto. This is further shown through her crying after multiple simulations of Aruto's death in episode 40.
After her revival, she is completely rebooted as no back-up of her exists due to her involvement with Zero-One. As such, she returns to her initial default state.
- Connection with Zea: Izu is linked with Zea's interface, and can access an avatar-like form to assist Aruto in the digital space while he's connected via. the Zero-One or Zero-Two Driver. As only the physical satellite was hijacked, Izu was able to reestablish Zea's interface using her internal memory through experiencing the emotion of sadness.
- Temporal Protection: Due to being linked to Zea, Izu can remember events that have been erased from history; while observing Aruto working on a new business card, she silently recalled the events of the altered timeline, before he interrupts her.
- Simulations: After Zea uploaded itself into Izu, it allowed Izu to undergo multiple simulations, which allowed her to create the Zero-Two Progrisekey, and subsequently, the Zero-Two Driver, after experiencing 'feelings she had never felt before'.
- 3D Printing: Izu can print devices for Aruto, such as Progrisekeys and drivers using her Humagear module.
- Enhanced Strength: Izu is shown to be strong enough to carry humans on her back with no effort and to push Aruto away with a force enough to let him survive her explosion.
- Superhuman Speed: Izu is also shown to run fast enough to reach her designated destination in only a matter of seconds.
- Visual Recording Optics: Izu can record what she sees and replay it via projections or other means. If Zero-One is in battle, she observes him and records the data for furthering the development of the Zero-One system, such as using the battle data on Zea to create new Progrisekeys.
- Optical Scan Sensors: Izu can scan whatever is in her field of vision to analyze. This can be used to identify people and objects or in scenarios where Zero-One is in battle, locate the weak points (or source of the abilities) of a Magia to then provide assistance to Zero-One. She then combines that information with her optic recordings for battle data.
- Cognitive Learning: Izu can learn new experiences and act according to what she processes from them; one example of this is a common imitation of her boss in an effort to understand humor.
- Fourth Wall Interaction: Izu has been shown to be able to break the 4th wall while explaining certain things, such as details about a Humagear or explanations of Aruto's jokes.
- Lack of Backup: Like Wazu Nazotoku, Humagears directly affiliated with Aruto or the Hiden Intelligence president in his activities as Zero-One do not have their data backed-up, meaning that Izu's death is permanent and her data cannot be recovered, and have to learn all over again even if she revived. According to Wazu, this is to protect the identity and secrets of Zero-One should an enemy take advantage of it. This also means that her data cannot be uploaded into her Humagear Progrisekey and back into her body.
- Aruto Hiden/Kamen Rider Zero-One: Following Korenosuke Hiden's will, Aruto was appointed as the new CEO of Hiden Intelligence with Izu as his assisstant. Wile getting along well, Aruto initially got annoyed whenever she explained his jokes, but soon got used to it and her attempts at mimicing them. Their relationship deepened, as she reached Singularity and continued as his assisstant by choice in order to help him acheive his dream. Unfortunately, her death led to Aruto's broken mental state, which allowed Azu to "assist" him in becoming Ark-One.
- Shesta: Similarly to their masters, Shesta and Izu often disagree on what actions the company should take in certain situations.
- Isamu Fuwa/Kamen Rider Vulcan: Isamu harbors deep hatred towards Humagears after the Daybreak Town Accident, which also extends to Izu. As Isamu began to warm up to the Humagears, his view of Izu improved vastly, with the two now recognizing each other as allies. However, Izu doesn't like Isamu's wild, reckless nature and compares it to a gorilla, much to his outrage.
- Wazu Nazotoku: Izu's older brother, who was created as a prototype model to her. At first, she had doubts about his validity as a detective and sibling due to his goofy attitude, with her suspecting that he's reached Singularity. When Wazu sacrificed himself to complete the Shining Hopper Progrisekey, Izu finally recognized him as not only a great detective, but a kind sibling, even calling him 'Big Brother'. Izu also kept Wazu's pocket watch as a memento.
- Jin/Kamen Rider Jin: When Jin was in sorrow over the "death" of Horobi, Izu declared that the leader of MetsubouJinrai.net had fallen, all while smiling during the speech. This act enraged Jin, who severely damaged her in vengeance before silently retreating. After his return, Jin returned her deactivated body to Aruto, and he was the one who convinced Izu (along with encouragement from Aruto) to live out her life in her own way without Zea or the Ark, allowing Izu to reach Singularity.
- Gai Amatsu/Kamen Rider Thouser: Being almost affected by Gai's past actions herself, Izu shows hostility towards him, strictly teaching him the correct way to bend towards Aruto when the former was genuinely feeling sorry.
- Horobi/Kamen Rider Horobi: Like Aruto, Izu believed that Horobi can be brought back to his original nature and tried her best to convince him and prove it. Her trust in Aruto's belief and Humagears ultimately led her to be destroyed at the hands of Horobi, who, during his invasion, refused to listen to anything she said.
- Azu: Izu and Azu are polar opposites. While Izu is loyal to Aruto and remains connected to Zea, Azu acts as the messenger of the Ark and has a more cunning personality. They only met once within a simulation created by the Ark, and Azu manages to trick Izu into believing that Horobi would become the Ark itself. This lead to a series of events that eventually resulted in Izu's death, and Aruto becoming the Ark rather than Horobi.
Behind the Scenes
Izu's name is wordplay on the English verb "is".
- Izu is currently the only Humagear aside from Soreo Hiden to react positively to Aruto's jokes while other Humagears tend to not understand them.
- In the opening of the series, an Izu appears with longer hair, blue liquid resembling blood oozing out of her palm, and red eyes reminiscent of a Humagear being hacked. This character would later be unfolded as her evil counterpart Azu.