|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
He solely goes by the name Ibuki (イブキ) and had abandoned his human name Iori Izumi (和泉 伊織 Izumi Iori) upon becoming an Oni.
- 1 Fictional Character Biography
- 2 Post Series and other events
- 2.1 Kamen Rider Hibiki Hyper Battle DVD
- 2.2 Kamen Rider Decade
- 2.3 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
- 2.4 Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
- 3 Appearances in other media
- 4 Video Games appearances
- 4.1 Kamen Rider Hibiki (PS2)
- 4.2 All Kamen Rider Series
- 4.3 Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
- 4.4 Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
- 4.5 Kamen Rider Riderbout
- 4.6 Kamen Rider: Battride War series
- 4.7 Kamen Rider Break Joker
- 4.8 Kamen Rider Batton-Line
- 4.9 Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
- 4.10 Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
- 4.11 Battle Spirits
- 5 Personality
- 6 Family
- 7 Powers and abitilies
- 8 Oni Form
- 9 Equipment
- 10 Attacks
- 11 Legend Rider Devices
- 12 Behind the scenes
- 13 Notes
- 14 Appearances
- 15 References
- 16 See also
Fictional Character Biography
He is a 21 year old member of the head family of the Oni that run Takeshi at Yoshino. Of the core three Onis, Ibuki is the youngest; he is also the youngest Oni in Kanto. Being born into the head family meant that his life would always revolve around being an Oni and battling Makamou, a fact that Ibuki never had a problem with. He wished to protect others and knew that not wanting to carry out his legacy would both disgrace his family name and be selfish. As a member of the head family, Ibuki is automatically selected to carry out especially dangerous missions whose outcomes will likely effect Takeshi as a whole. Ibuki is a confident Oni, but unlike Hibiki, he is confident because he believes no one in the head family can be defeated. Like Hibiki, Ibuki has his own special salute.
First, Ibuki meets Asumu at the TAKESHI Headquarters, he thinks that Asumu is Hibiki's student. Then he takes Asumu to Hibiki's place without thinking. Ibuki is a friendly guy, he talks happily with others regularly. He is relatively innocent. He likes Kasumi Tachibana but he doesn't know how to show his affection.
Kamen Rider Ibuki is a blue tinted Oni that wields a trumpet, calm and somewhat slower when he needs to solve problems, he is the second Kamen Rider to appear. He usually fights on his own with aid from his apprentice, Akira. He also fights Makamou together with Hibiki and Todoroki. Ibuki is also a serious Oni. He always interested to work even while he is even going downtown with Kasumi.
On the summers days, beside fighting against the Giant Makamous, Ibuki has to train his taiko-skill. Compared to Todoroki, Ibuki uses Taiko better and he doesn't have to train very much. Ibuki is the guy who suggests organizing taiko-festivals.
In Counting the Days, while Ibuki is going out with Kasumi, he sees the Douji-Hime's Fake Leader. He delivers Disk animals to chases them but his disks is melt quickly. He tries to approach them but he can't. He is paralyzed when The Man controls the White Puppet to fight against Zanki. After that, he is exhausted and The Man and Woman disappears.
When Kogure appears, Ibuki doesn't try to use the Armed Saber like the others so he doesn't lose his abillity to transform into an Oni. He says that he will do his best to cover Hibiki and Todoroki, then Kogure arrives and judges that Ibuki doesn't offer any resistance. After that, Ibuki has to fight Kamaitachi and Super Douji/Hime alone until Hibiki and Todoroki regain their powers and join the battle.
Ibuki along with Todoroki are the two main Oni that go through the most changes. At the start of the series, Ibuki was a calm and relatively carefree soul. During the second half though, he becomes more troubled by matters of life and death and eventually comes to fear death. His relationships with two other characters also change because of this.
When Shuki appears, Akira is affected by the advice of Shuki. She thinks that hatred can make her stronger, but Ibuki advises Akira that if she want to be a good Oni she shouldn't hold her hatred. So they starts their inconsistency. Akira decides to leave Ibuki and follow Shuki. On the other hand, Ibuki is chosen to defeat Shuki but he doesn't have enough mettle to do this. Ibuki goes to meet Shuki and advises Akira to come back with him. Akira doesn't want to do this. Notsugo appears and Ibuki is defeated quickly. After Shuki's death, Akira doesn't want to meet Ibuki. Ibuki tries to talk to Akira, he wants to ask her if she wants to continue on her Oni way. Finally, Akira decides to leave Ibuki and stop her training course.
|"I wondered if I really was qualified to take on a disciple. That answer is something I have to find myself. So, Akira... You have to find your answer. Will you be an Oni or not? You are the only one who can decide that."|
|―Ibuki talks to Akira[src]|
His relation with Kasumi Tachibana begins to grow into more than that of just friendship during the second half of the series. After the Shuki incident, he starts to feel alone and seeks comfort in Kasumi, who is unsure of how she should respond to these new emotions from Ibuki. After Zanki's death, Ibuki is the first one who recognizes that Zanki used the forbidden spell, he begins to fear death itself. This fear starts to get in the way of his Oni duties and in his normal life as well, eventually fully realizing just how scared he is.
Because he is of the head family, Ibuki is chosen to perform the Orochi sealing, a task that Hibiki feels Ibuki is not ready for. Before the sealing takes place, Ibuki confesses to Kasumi and tells her that he wishes to live as long as he can be with her. But Hibiki took his place, forcing Ibuki to function as the backup to fight off the advancing Makamou hordes. After the Orochi sealing, he goes back to work normally.
Post Series and other events
Kamen Rider Hibiki Hyper Battle DVD
Ibuki appears in a flashback while the Disk Animals are giving Asumu the knowledge about how to become an Oni. Ibuki is described as an Oni who can controls the wind, he can create tornadoes, and deliver fierce blows to the enemy.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears with other kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai, but all are
murdered by Decade in the episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then conclude the dream with Decade as only Rider in the Rider War.
The World of Kuuga
Kamen Rider Ibuki with the other Riders appears when Natsumi remember her dream of the Rider War ,the dream ends shock of fists between Decade and Kuuga .
The Strong, Naked, Strong Guy
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Ibuki is seen as one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in the Rider War against Decade and were all destroyed. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade at the end of the Rider War and the worlds were restored.
10th Anniversary Project: Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears summoned alongside other secondary Kamen Rider Riders participating in the musically of Kamen Rider Diend with hats and dancing.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Ibuki was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a toy, when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Appearances in other media
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders Super Spin-off
Check! Hibiki's Useful Maziora!!
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears when Narutaki says it is not related to that. They comment that it took the costume developers seven test designs to produce the final suit color, which uses a special reflective paint that changes color when the light hits it a certain way. They also state that Maziora is in the design of Ibuki and Todoroki, which was a blue and green variant of the coloring design.
Magiranger Stage Show at Double Hero Tokyo Dome City
In a stage show where the Magirangers are seen fighting Underground Hades Empire Infershia, Kamen Rider Hibiki & Ibuki in Oni Form arrive and assist the Magirangers.
Kamen Rider Hibiki Stage Show at 3 Heroes WAKAYAMA Marina-cityble
In a stage show where Kamen Rider Hibiki, Kamen Rider Ibuki, Kamen Rider Todoroki & Kamen Rider Zanki are seen fighting their usual foes when Android Hakaider shows up and winds up defeating them. Kikaider, & Kikaider 01 arrive to assist Kamen Rider Hibiki, Ibuki, Todoroki & Zanki.
Video Games appearances
Kamen Rider Hibiki (PS2)
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a Secondary Rider in the Kamen Rider Hibiki video game.
All Kamen Rider Series
All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
Ibuki appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution among other Riders he performer his Ongeki Sha: Shippuu Issen in the in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution.
All Kamen Rider: Generation 2
Ibuki appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2 among other Riders he performer his typical Ongeki finishers and had a special attack with Hibiki.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Kamen Rider Ibuki is a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Kamen Rider Ibuki is a playabled character in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing with other Kamen Riders,he using his Finisher Ongeki Sha: Shippuu Issen.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider: Battride War series
Kamen Rider: Battride War
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a Secondary Rider in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War.
Kamen Rider Break Joker
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a playable character with other Riders and monsters in Kamen Rider Break Joker.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game.
Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes
Kamen Rider Ibuki appears as a playable character with others Kamen Riders in the video game, performer his Shippū Issen against his enemies Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Ibuki is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul,alongside Showa ,Heisei and Reiwa Kamen Riders.
It is the seventeenth collaboration pack and the eighth collaboration with the Kamen Rider franchise. CB17 was released in Japan on March 27th 2021. This set included Spirit, Nexus, and Magic cards in all six colors,Iori Izumi as Kamen Rider Ibuki Oni Form appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Ibuki Battle Spirits Cards Included
- Kamen Rider Ibuki (Common)
Ibuki is a 19-year-old Oni, the youngest of the main Oni trio featured. He is a happy person, quite serene and does not think much. Always speak to others with kindness. Sometimes Ibuki is funny and likes to joke around.
As a childhood friend of Kasumi Tachibana, Ibuki has a special affection for her. He trusted Kasumi a lot and often asked Kasumi for advice. Often the two people go out and talk to each other when they have problems.
Ibuki took care of his disciple, Akira Amami. During the battles with Makamou, both teachers and students always cooperate and help each other. Ibuki always instructs, trusts, and gives advice to his disciples. When Akira passed the School, Ibuki felt very proud. For Akira, the death of his parents was an important memory, but Ibuki wanted his disciples not to remember it as hatred would only harm an Oni himself. Born into the Oni family, Ibuki's destiny is not tainted by the evils of society. Furthermore, because his origin was so different from Akira's, Ibuki treated his disciple like a superior inadvertently. He couldn't understand his parents' deep feelings to trust and was quite strict in asking him to ignore the death of his loved ones. When Akira left Ibuki, he got worried and looked everywhere for her. he felt small and disappointed in himself. Ibuki didn't know if she was still worthy of being a teacher. Then Ibuki realized that Akira's thoughts were important, she wanted Akira to find her own answer as to whether she wanted to remain Oni or not. In the end, Akira decided to abandon the path of becoming an Oni to protect the good memories of her parents, Ibuki felt very calm.
As the son of the Oni leader, Ibuki was born with a mission to become an Oni. Although the request to be Oni came from his parents, but with a cheerful character and without thinking much, he never complained about his job. Although he has no motivation to become an Oni like other colleagues, Ibuki always strives to maintain his ability to transform. When fighting, Ibuki is a calm and confident Oni, and he is always serious against Makamou. In fact, Ibuki was always under pressure when important tasks were always assigned to him. That affected his morale a bit, he even feared he could not complete his task and had to die. However, despite being scared, Ibuki never runs away, he always tries to face difficulties and fulfill his duties because he understands it as his own responsibility.
Powers and abitilies
- Super Strength: Iori transformed into Ibuki more powerful than humans. Ibuki's strongest hit is 15t and Ibuki's strongest kick is 30t.
- Super resistance: Ibuki can endure many times more than ordinary people. He is able to continuously fight Makamou for a long time. When his chest and arms were injured due to the poison from Oonamazu's stomach, Ibuki was still strong enough to withstand the pressure in the water. Keep calm and complete the Sonic Stroke attack.
- Super Speed: Like Oni, Ibuki has the ability to run many times faster than normal people. The maximum running speed that Ibuki can is 40 m / s.
- Regenerative capacity: Like Oni, Ibuki has the ability to heal physical wounds many times faster than ordinary people. This power is also known as Chiyu nouryoku, in Disrupting Fate Ibuki was madly bitten by Midaredouji on his left arm, causing him to bleed a lot of blood.After that battle, when Ibuki and Hibiki reunited, Ibuki was able to move his left arm normally,also in Unbroken Hurricane,the poison from Oonamazu's stomach struck Ibuki's right hand and his devil's claws melted. Upon returning from the battle, Ibuki had to bandage her right arm. During the rematch with Oonamazu, Ibuki's right hand made a full recovery and he can continue to use the Devil.
- Super Breathing: Ibuki's breathing ability is also enhanced when in Oni form. Also, as Oni uses Ongeki Sha Shippuu Issen This Ibuk ability, Ibuki's ability will stand out even more than Oni who do not use a set of armed musical instruments. Ibuki always had to blow hard on the Ongekikan to create a powerful sound wave to destroy Makamou. It can blow continuously for about 30 seconds. Ibuki can also perform the Ongeki Sha repeatedly. Additionally, Ibuki has the ability to hold her breath underwater even while fighting. And the most special thing is that you can easily perform Radical Stimulation in the water perfectly.
- Super Jump: Ibuki can jump many times higher than normal people. With one kick, Ibuki easily jumped over 20 feet and climbed onto the giant Makamou Ooari to attack. He easily leapt into the air and received a full kick from the Wind Ring that struck Ubume's Hime as the Makamou hovered in the air. The maximum jump height that Ibuki can reach is 80 m.
- Sensory Power: Ibuki could sense Makamou's presence at a close distance through his evil aura. With this ability, Ibuki recognized Douji and Hime from Oonamazu when they appeared in the city. While who was with him at the time, Kasumi couldn't find out. Also thanks to this ability, Ibuki discovered that they were behind and chased after them. Ibuki had lost sight of them and could no longer feel the evil aura only when they returned to the base. The Enemy's base created a barrier that impeded Ibuki's sensory ability.
- Aerokinesis: Iori as Ibuki is capable of mastering the energy of the wind. As he transformed into Oni form, Ibuki's body was covered with a blue vortex. Also during a duel with Makamou, Ibuki was able to gather the energy of the wind and perform a full demonstration of the wind ring. When you use Ongeki Sha Shippuu Isse, the sound in Ibuki's ear sounded like a blue vortex that couldn't repel the giant Makamou but was loud enough to send the Midaredouji.
- Rider Height: 6 shaku 9 sun (approx. 209.1 cm., one say 210 cm.)
- Rider Weight: 37.3 kan (approx. 139.9 kg., one say 140 kg.)
- Punching Power: 4000 kan (15 t.)
- Lifting Power: 500 man-power (5 t.)
- Kicking Power: 8000 kan (30 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 44 ken (80 m.)
- Maximum Running Speed: 1 chō per 2.5 sec. (approx. 100 m. per 2.3 sec., one say 2.5 sec.)
In this Oni form, Ibuki is a blue demon. This is Ibuki's basic and only form, despite being a member of the head family, Ibuki does not have a second form. To become this form, Ibuki blows into his whistle and air gathers around him like a tornado, causing his body to transform into that of an Oni. Ibuki also gains a second "oni face" which is a crest that forms on his forehead. Unlike most Kamen Riders, Ibuki does not wear a suit, rather his demon form is his true form.
Appearances: Hibiki Episodes 7-8, 10-11, 13-14, 17-18, 21-22, 24, 28-35, 37-48, Asumu, Transform! You can be an Oni, too!! (Archive foortage) ,Decade Episodes 1-2,29 ,31 (Special Version only), Masked Rider LIVE & SHOW,Let's Go Kamen Riders, Heisei Generations FOREVER (as a toy).
- Henshin Onibue Onteki: A whistle-like transformation device.
- Ongekimei Narukaze: A device that attaches on his belt for uses of finisher attacks.
- Ongekiko: A device that attaches on his belt for uses of finisher attacks.
- Ongekiko Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi: Hibiki's device, Ibuki uses it once in his Orochi-sealing training.
- Disk Animals: Ibuki's disk-like support robots.
- Ongekikan Reppuu: A trumpet-like gun.
- Ongekibou Yamase: A pair of drumsticks.
- Ongekibou Rekka: Hibiki's weapons, Ibuki uses these in his Orochi-sealing training.
- Kitōjutsu Senpūjin (鬼闘術・旋風刃 Demon Fighting Technique: Whirlwind Blade): Ibuki charges himself with power, and adds wind power to his punches, chops, and kicks. He is able to defeat various air type Makamou easily with this attack.
- Kitōjutsu Onizume (鬼闘術・鬼爪 Demon Fighting Technique: Demon Claw): Forms claws from his hands to stab and slash at Makamou. These claws are nearly unbreakable, thus making them one of Ibuki's most useful weapons.
Ongeki Sha: Shippū Issen (音撃射・疾風一閃 Sound Attack Shoot: Gale Flash): Ibuki inhales deeply then begins blowing through the trumpet. The waves of wind and sound engulf the large Makamou, reacting to the tracking shots fired by Ibuki before the initial attack. Finally the trumpet creates a large wave which destroys the Makamou.
- Ibuki no Ongeki Da (威吹鬼の音撃打 lit. "Ibuki's Sound Attack Stroke"): Ibuki's Ongeki Finisher while using Ongekibou Yamase. Like how Hibiki's Kaen Renda is performed, while Ibuki's Ongekiko is attached to a Makamou, he beats it rapidly with his Yamase. The Sound of Purification resonates through its body, causing it to explode.
Legend Rider Devices
|"Kamen Ride: Ibuki"|
|―Diendriver summoning announcement[src]|
- KamenRide: Ibuki: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Ibuki. Used by Diend to summon Kamen Rider Ibuki. Used in the World of Amazon to fight Apollogeist and Yum Cimil.
|"(Digital beeping) Ibuki!"|
|"The blue oni Rider who fights with a trumpet is...Ibuki! (トランペットで戦う青い鬼のライダーは…威吹鬼だ！ Toranpetto de tatakau aoi oni no Raidā wa...Ibuki da!!)"|
|―Secondary activation announcement[src]|
|"(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! (Orchestral fanfare mixed with Onteki whistling) Ibuki! (trumpet riff)"|
|―Rider Armor transformation announcement[src]|
Ibuki Ridewatch (威吹鬼ライドウォッチ Ibuki Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Ibuki, this Ridewatch would provide access to the IbukiArmor. It is dated 2005.
Behind the scenes
Iori Izumi is portrayed by Joji Shibue (渋江 譲二 Shibue Jōji). As Kamen Rider Ibuki also portray Ibuki (past) in the movie Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki, he played Ibuki (A.R. World) a similar character in Kamen Rider Decade, who will go on to portray Master Blue/Ryusoul Blue in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger, Ibuki his suit actor is Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi), who also played Shouki in the same series.
- Ibuki has one leitmotif, "Refined Brave Confidant" (風雅勇伝 "Fūga Yūden"), a character song performed by Tomokazu Seki.
- Ibuki is one of two Secondary Riders who don't have a new form, the first is Kamen Rider Kaixa.
- As one of the 7 Onis of the Kanto area who appears in the series, Ibuki is the only Oni who has a Nibi-iro Hebi Disk Animal.
- Iori Izumi is the only Rider in that all members of his family are Kamen Riders.
- Like the other Hibiki Riders in the TV series, Iori shares the same initials in his Rider name.
- Iori is one of the few secondary Riders, among Rintaro Shindo & Akira Date, to not antagonize the primary Rider and instead of acting on friendly terms during their first appearance.