|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
Horobi (滅 lit. "Destroy") is a rogue Parent-Type Humagear and one of the founding members of MetsubouJinrai.net who leads his organization against humanity towards their extinction as Kamen Rider Horobi (仮面ライダー滅［ホロビ］ Kamen Raidā Horobi). He willingly allowed the Ark to possess him and use his body as a host to become the first Kamen Rider Ark-Zero (仮面ライダーアークゼロ Kamen Raidā Āku Zero).
Horobi was originally a Parent-Type Humagear designed by Hakase Bot using the Humagear Soreo Hiden as a basis and was manufactured by Hiden Intelligence 12 years ago before coming under the control of the newly activated Ark, making him forget who he really was meant to be. He is believed to be responsible for the Daybreak Town incident, as he, Jin, Naki, Ikazuchi, and the Ark caused the town's Humagears to go berserk. As a Kamen Rider, he sent a terrorist video to Satoshi Sakurai in one of the town's main power plants, revealing the existence of MetsubouJinrai.net and declaring his "holy war" on humanity. In the following years, Horobi stayed active and set up a base inside the ruins of the town.
Twelve years later, after Korenosuke Hiden's passing, Horobi restarts his crusade against humanity. Horobi seeks Humagears approaching Singularity and forcibly transforms them into Magias with the help of his partner Jin and the Zetsumerisekeys.
Horobi resumed MetsubouJinrai.net's activities by sending Jin to hack Fukkinhoukai Taro, leading to havoc across the amusement park the Humagear worked at, forcing Aruto Hiden to transform into Kamen Rider Zero-One to fight the Magia.
When Singularity awakened in Okureru, he gave Jin a Zetsumerisekey to hack into the Humagear and collect data. After MetsubouJinrai.net's presence has been made public, Horobi showed no concern about Zero-One or A.I.M.S. when questioned by Jin, instead just deciding to focus on the Ark.
When Isamu Fuwa ventured into Daybreak Town and found proof regarding MetsubouJinrai.net's involvement in the accident of twelve years ago, Horobi, having transformed into Kamen Rider Horobi, arrived and destroyed the Trilobite Magia who somehow managed to fight back their hacking, burning the evidence and therefore keeping the Ark's existence hidden.
Back at Daybreak Town, after witnessing Horobi's Kamen Rider form, Jin tells him that he wants a Progrisekey to become a Rider himself, but is told that what they want is human extinction before Horobi sends him to hack into another Humagear. After the Vicarya Magia is destroyed, he tells Jin to not pursue the Progrisekeys, leading Jin to believe he is just an assistant; however, Horobi reveals that he is Jin's father.
The Birth of Kamen Rider Jin
After this revelation, Horobi is questioned by Jin about their parent-child dynamic. Horobi explains that he is Jin's father and that children should listen to what their parents say; he then grants Jin permission to go after the Progrisekeys.
When Jin returns with the Flying Falcon Progrisekey and questions Horobi about parents needing to protect their children, Horobi is quick to dismiss it and say that Jin is already strong and doesn't need protection. He then points out that their family dynamic isn't a regular one before sending Jin to gather more of Zero-One's Progrisekeys.
When Jin becomes conflicted and shows remorse towards hacking a Humagear, Horobi appears before him and Zero-One. Unintentionally leading Jin to believe he came to protect him, Horobi dismisses it and reveals that Jin is actually a Humagear he created, that being the reason he calls him son. Ordering Jin to do what he says, Horobi uses a MetsubouJinrai Forceriser to hack Jin and override his personality with MetsubouJinrai.net's protocol, forcing him to use the Flying Falcon Progrisekey to transform into Kamen Rider Jin. As the fight starts, Horobi leaves the scene and returns to Daybreak Town, later praising Jin for his good work upon his return.
Horobi stops taking Zero-One lightly after the incident with Jin and introduces an Assassin-Type Humagear, a new Magia capable of becoming stronger as he learns. Horobi gives him the Dodo Zetsumerisekey and orders him to target Zero-One.
After the Dodo Magia's destruction at the hands of Kamen Riders Vulcan and Valkyrie, Horobi restores Little Assassin and sends him to infiltrate a Humagear hospital. Horobi is questioned by Jin about how many humans they will need to kill, to which he replies the number and that they keep increasing thanks to advances in medicine. When Little Assassin returns, Horobi explains that A.Is can always be restored as long as a back up exists. When the assassin tells Horobi that he failed, he decides to take a more direct approach and orders him to target Yua Yaiba next.
Horobi attacks A.I.M.S.'s laboratory alongside Jin and Little Assassin. Yua tries to interfere, but Little Assassin transforms into the Dodo Magia again and fights her while Horobi orders Jin to hack into the Gigars. In the meantime, Horobi infiltrates the arsenal and finds the mass-produced A.I.M.S. Shotrisers and Attache Shotguns, remarking on it as an impressive feat. He finds the new Attache Arrow and takes it with him alongside a spare Attache Shotgun. With everything he needed, Horobi prepares to leave the laboratory, but Valkyrie asks why he is hacking into the Humagears, to which Horobi simply says it is the will of the Ark. He gives Jin the Attache Arrow, leading to Valkyrie's defeat.
Back at Daybreak Town, Horobi comments that while their forces are already enough, they need to create more Magia to revive the Ark.Heading to the National Database Hospital, Horobi uses a hacked Gigar to assault a data center in order to hack into previously unhackable Humagears when Aruto, Isamu and Yua arrive. They question why he is doing that since the Humagears are helping to save humans, prompting Horobi to remove his head adornment and show his broken earpiece as he reveals himself to be a Humagear. Proclaiming that he is attacking humanity per judgement of the Ark, which sentenced humanity to extinction, Horobi declares the Humagears will inherit the earth after they are gone, that being the will of MetsubouJinrai.net.
As the hospital's Humagear staff are transformed into Trilobite Magia by the Gigar, Horobi orders Little Assassin to change his target to Zero-One once again and observes their ensuing fight, recovering the Dodo Zetsumerisekey after his defeat.
Horobi then enters the battlefield himself as Vulcan Punching Kong and Valkyrie Lightning Hornet overpower Jin, proclaiming MetsubouJinrai.net's victory as the "day of revolution". Using his own MetsubouJinrai Forceriser and the Sting Scorpion Progrisekey, he transforms into Kamen Rider Horobi, inciting Jin's amusement and Vulcan's rage as the latter recognizes him from the video regarding the truth of the Daybreak Town Accident.
Horobi fights an angered Vulcan but easily outclasses him. Saying that he doesn't care for the effects of the accident, Horobi is hit by Vulcan's barrage of blasts from his Shotriser and the Punching Blast but is completely undamaged at all. Revealing the Amazing Hercules Progrisekey and using the Attache Arrow to unleash the Amazing Kaban Shoot, Horobi weakens Vulcan severely. Telling the A.I.M.S. Rider to take his last breath, Horobi executes his Sting Dystopia, piercing Vulcan's neck with the Acid Analyze, knocking the Rider out of his transformation in a big explosion and leaving him in critical condition.
With Isamu critically injured, Horobi and Jin fight Zero-One and easily overpowers him, rendering him unable to follow as they march with the corrupted Giger unit to the hospital. Proclaiming the extinction of humanity has come, Horobi orders the Giger to hack into the medical Humagears and create several more Trilobite Magia. Zero-One arrives once again and Horobi has the Giger fight him, having the upper-hand until Zero-One uses the Breaking Mammoth Progrisekey to destroy it. This leads Horobi to confirm that Zero-One is defying their calculations.
The Dodo Magia's Ascent
After the second Dodo Magia's destruction, Horobi installed its backup data into the third Zetto unit in order to keep pushing his learning, all while sending Jin to hack the Humagear actor Enji Matsuda using the Arsino Zetsumerisekey.
After the third Dodo Magia's destruction, Horobi uploads the backup data into the fourth Zetto unit, upgraded after achieving Singularity and donning a new form. Horobi mentions that Little Assassin's learning is almost complete, but Jin points out that he attacked Enji, the Humagear they were supposed to hack, in an act of defiance. Instead of getting angry, Horobi was amused, contemplating the Dodo Magia's potential and sending it in his last mission: to kill the actor Shinya Owada.
Infiltrating the film set, Horobi hacks Enji himself using the Zetsumeriser and the Arsino Zetsumerisekey. Horobi observes as the Arsino Magia attacks until he himself transforms to fight Zero-One Biting Shark, easily overpowering him until the destruction of the Arsino Magia at the hands of Valkyrie Lightning Hornet, who also takes the Arsino Zetsumerisekey. Finding this turn of events interesting, Horobi chooses to not go after her and instead take his leave.
After the Dodo Magia shoots Shinya during Hiden's TV drama filming, Horobi appears, celebrating a Humagear taking action against a human, angering Aruto as he proclaims that Humagears will replace the human race. Both riders transform and engage in combat, with Horobi easily overpowering Zero-One. Zero-One, however, transforms into his Breaking Mammoth form and executes the Breaking Impact. Horobi, however, manifested an energy construct of Sting Scorpion's Rider Model to shield himself and, along with Little Assassin, declared that humanity is doomed before taking his leave.
Returning to Daybreak Town, Horobi chains the Dodo Magia Custom and reveals to Jin that Little Assassin has evolved to the point he staged a mutiny. Going rogue, the Dodo Magia evolved into its second Custom form, hacks the Trilobite Magia and transforms them into Dodo Magia Chicks, forcing Horobi and Jin to transform into their Kamen Rider forms, taking their fight to the woods outside of their base. While Horobi and Jin destroy the Dodo Magia Chicks easily, the Dodo Magia escapes them during the fight.
Horobi approaches Zero-One, Vulcan and Valkyrie as they pursue the Dodo Magia and offers a truce between both sides in order to deal with the rogue Magia. As they decline his offer, Horobi leaves them to handle the Dodo Magia, merely commenting on how they could not surpass his growth.
When the Dodo Magia is finally destroyed by Zero-One Shining Hopper's Shining Mega Impact, Horobi, in his Kamen Rider form, steals back the Dodo Zetsumerisekey and swiftly beats Vulcan, who surmised that Horobi intended to let them destroy the Dodo Magia for him, and Valkyrie. Before taking his leave, Horobi comments on Zero-One now becoming a force to be feared.
Reviving the Ark
With the Dodo Magia's ultimate destruction and recovery of the Dodo Zetsumerisekey, Operation Magia is finally complete and Horobi decides to awaken their spy, Ikazuchi, sending Jin to do so and collect the Progrisekeys. With Ikazuchi able to best Zero-One and Vulcan and steal the Progrisekeys, Horobi witnesses the revival of the Ark as it creates the Assault Wolf Progrisekey.
Horobi delivers the new Progrisekey to Jin as the fight raged on, but a surprise attack from Zero-One forced Jin to let go of the key which was taken by Isamu. Horobi says that it is pointless for Isamu to use it as the key was made only for members of MetsubouJinrai.net. However, in a fit of rage and determination, Isamu is able to forcefully open the key and transform into Vulcan Assault Wolf, with a shot that roamed the battlefield in which Horobi dodged.
After Ikazuchi was destroyed by Vulcan, Horobi consoled Jin, noticing that his feelings were proof that he was reaching Singularity.
With Little Assassin and Ikazuchi destroyed, Horobi found Jin making a grave for them and leaving flowers. He asks if he looked up the information, and upon confirmation, angrily lectures Jin for acting like a human, saying they served their purpose following the will of the Ark.
First Death & Capture
Having predicted A.I.M.S's course of actions, Horobi, alongside Jin, intercepts them before they could enter Daybreak Town and transform to confront Vulcan and Valkyrie. Horobi fights Valkyrie and holds the upper hand, easily pushing her back and preparing to deliver a final blow using the Attache Arrow. However, Zero-One Shining Hopper interrupts at the last second and manages to outclass Horobi using the Shinning Hopper Progrisekey, using the Authorize Buster to clash with the Attache Arrow and, for the first time, surpass its power.
Undefeated, Horobi notices Vulcan Assault Wolf preparing to land a finishing blow on Jin, and suddenly interfaces with the Ark. Noting that if so was the will of the Ark he would comply, Horobi launches himself in front of Jin and pushes him away, receiving Vulcan's Magnetic Storm Blast Fever head-on. The impact sends Horobi flying away across the area and cancels his transformation, revealing the attack severely damaged him. He is quickly approached by Jin who, in a fit of anger, attacks Izu and leaves carrying Horobi back to their headquarters.
Back at their base, Jin promptly moves to ask the Ark to repair Horobi, however, he instructs him not to. Horobi explained to Jin that it was the will of the Ark that he reached Singularity and that his death will lead Jin to hate humanity. As his final words to his son, Horobi tells Jin to annihilate humanity, as so was the Ark's will.
Following the destruction of Jin and the apparent end of the war against MetsubouJinrai.net, Horobi's body is retrieved by A.I.M.S and held immobilized and under custody at their base. As the Ark remains active and Magias appear even without them hacking Humagears, amidst the commotion regarding their safety and ZAIA's public announcement on their intent to achieve control of Hiden Intelligence, Horobi awakens inside A.I.M.S' base.
Now under A.I.M.S' custody, Horobi is questioned by Isamu, who is surprised to see him reactivated. Questioned about what the Ark is and if there are still members of MetsubouJinrai.net around, Horobi refuses to answer the captain and does not yield to his threats, noting that even if he were to be destroyed, their crusade against humanity would continue as humanity's very nature was what caused them to go rogue years ago and cause the Daybreak Town Accident..
With the appearance of Kamen Rider Thouser and the Crushing Buffalo Raider, Horobi is questioned once more by Isamu and reveals the existence of the Raidriser and that one more member of MetsubouJinrai.net was still on the loose. He, however, notes that he is no longer aware of their location, as his previous defeat severed his connection to MetsubouJinrai.net's network; if Isamu was to find their remaining member, he should follow the Raiders.
When Aruto, Isamu, and Izu bought up the fact that ZAIA Enterprise's CEO, Gai Amatsu, had a Zetsumeriser and was using the Ark's technology, Horobi was shocked and, in a fit of rage, cursed the humans that utilized the Ark for their own purposes as the Humagear broke down screaming in anger.
After the appearance of the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey and Zero-One's possession by the Ark, Isamu informed Horobi that Gai Amatsu was indeed using the Ark to advance some plan of his and asks Horobi if he knows what it is. Horobi merely tells Isamu that Gai underestimates Humagears and that soon, he will learn the real power of the Ark. He says that he and MetsubouJinrai.net move all according to the will of the Ark; to them, its will is absolute, and the day will come where all Humagears will acknowledge so and obey the Ark. Isamu mockingly questions him about what the Ark has done for them; however, Horobi cryptically says that Isamu is the same as them, but the latter declares he won't do anything he doesn't agree on. As Horobi questions if Isamu indeed has free will, Isamu, in anger, punches and kicks down Horobi, who merely laughs in response.
Continuing The Ark's Will
Horobi managed to break free from custody with the help of Jin and Naki and made his way back to Daybreak Town alongside Jin. He was met in a surrounding forest by a squad of Trilobite Magia that marched to intercept Aruto and Isamu, who was tracking down Horobi. Isamu, however, managed to intercept Horobi right as he was about to enter Daybreak Town, but Jin appeared in his new form, Burning Falcon, to stop Vulcan's pursuit.
Horobi managed to reach MetsubouJinrai.net's hideout and get back his Forceriser, restoring his connection to the Ark and the terrorist group. He greets Jin once he returns and prepares to move on with the plan to exterminate humanity, returning the latter's gun; however, Jin says he was not brought back to do that. Jin then removed Horobi's straitjacket, which was put on him while under A.I.M.S.' custody, saying that his main look is more like the Horobi he knows. Horobi questions if destroying humanity isn't the reason Jin returned, to which he replied he has more important things to do. Horobi questions what he means and why Jin isn't connected to the Ark; Jin says he now wants to free the Humagears but in his own way. To restart their plans, they first need to recover Horobi's Sting Scorpion Progrisekey.
Outside Daybreak Town, they were intercepted by Isamu, who had been waiting for them to come out. A fight ensued between Vulcan Assault Wolf and Jin Burning Falcon, with the Humagear emerging victorious and asking for Horobi's Progrisekey back as Horobi said A.I.M.S, has it. However, Isamu replied he doesn't know where the Progrisekey was since A.I.M.S. did not repair Horobi, but ZAIA Japan.
- "Learning makes us stronger. That's what A.I.s are."
- ―Horobi revealing how he can fight equally against Thouser.[src]
Horobi came back to action as a Kamen Rider when Thouser fought and defeated Vulcan. Horobi intervened and used the Attache Arrow to push Thouser back. Even with their expected gap in powers, Horobi still managed to weaken him, explaining that an A.I.'s capacity to learn can make him even stronger. After Thouser left, Isamu demanded to know why Horobi saved him, to which he merely replied it was the will of the Ark.
As ZAIA Japan won against Hiden and proceeded with their TOB, Horobi tracked down Jin, who was attempting to forcefully free Naki from Isamu's A.I. chip. Horobi stopped Jin, saying that it was not the will of the Ark that it happened and that he had value as Naki's vessel, which angered Fuwa, allowing Naki to very briefly resurface in front of Horobi.
After ZAIA Japan completed their TOB and Gai Amatsu took over Hiden Inteligence, leading to the recall and disposal of all active Humagears, Horobi watched the events unfold while Jin, Aruto and Izu worked together to find a way to stop Gai Amatsu and save the HumaGears. When Aruto was able to once against transform into Zero-One with the creation of Hiden Manufacturing and defeated Thouser, Horobi questioned if Jin predicted those events, mocking him for seemingly befriending a human.
With Hiden Manufacturing now active and helping restore disposed of HumaGears, Horobi approached a frustrated Jin, who attempted to convince Morifude G-Pen to not connect to a network and instead make his own decisions. Horobi question Jin on what freedom meant for a Humagear, pointing out that as long as humans existed in the world Humagears would be unable to take control of their lives and that they need their own network, that being the reason behind MetsubouJinrai.net.
When Naki started to surface once more and Jin failed to set them free, the Ark sends a directive to Horobi, ordering him to work together with Jin to restore Naki and proceed to revive MetsubouJinrai.net. To that end Horobi and Jin intercept Isamu Fuwa as he was working as the bodyguard for the HumaGear model Delmo. After their encounter Naki finally resurfaced within Kamen Rider Vulcan's Assault Wolf form and worked together with Isamu Fuwa to defeat Kamen Rider Thouser once more as Jin and Horobi watched from afar. As they were unable to remove Naki from Fuwa's body, Horobi and Jin later approached Yua Yaiba, who had shattered her ties with ZAIA to enlist her help.
While Jin took care of restoring Naki alongside Yua, Horobi was instructed by the Ark to retrieve Ikazuchi's data and attacked the Hatakeyama Vegetable Factory alongside a group of Trilobite Magia. At the factory he tells Aruto that humans are arrogant beings who merely destroy nature trying to control it and for that, Humagears must destroy humans. He demands Ikazuchi's data from Aruto but as he refuses, Horobi orders the Trilobite Magia to open fire and destroy the factory. Horobi and Zero-One fought until Horobi kidnapped the Agricultural Management-Type Humagear and offered to trade her life for Ikazuchi's data.
Back at MetsubouJinrai.net's Hideout, Midori questioned Horobi on why he fights humans despite being their creation, a Humagear. Horobi tells her it is the will of the Ark but Midori questions it by explaining that she was created to grow vegetables for humans and asks what was Horobi created to do and that there must be a reason he was created that would allow him to live together with humans. That angers Horobi who slaps her to the ground and says his reason to exist is the will of the Ark.
Horobi and Aruto met at the entrance of Daybreak Town in order to make the exchange, however, Aruto tried to talk Horobi out of following the Ark by telling him his past as a Parent-Type Humagear and that he tried to raise Jin like his own son, Horobi however, only kept demanding that Aruto hand over Ikazuchi's data, to which he complied. With the data in hands Horobi freed Midori and allowed her to go to Aruto, however, as she was halfway he destroyed her for being a Humagear infected by humanity's ideal.
Horobi transformed to fight Aruto but MetalCluster Hopper proved itself too strong for his Sting Scorpion form. Horobi was defeated however Izu suddenly interrupted to say that humans wearing the ZAIASpec were going berserk, much to Horobi's pleasure, who realised that it meant Naki was finally revived and that once he got Ikazuchi's data, MetsubouJinrai.net would be finally revived. Aruto refused and said he would never give him the data, however Horobi smiled as Jin descended and stole the data from Aruto.
Rebellion Against ZAIA Japan
- "ZAIA, you will be eradicated."
"Don't be cocky. Everyone in MetsubouJinrai will be scrapped."
- ―Horobi waging war against Gai[src]
Horobi prepares an army of Trilobite Magia and sets off to confront Gai Amatsu and his army of Battle Raiders. Horobi and Thouser fight as their armies clash but Thouser's arsenal of stolen technology allows him to push Horobi back enough to corner him and use his Jacking Break to steal the Sting Scorpion technology and use it against Horobi. As he is about to be destroyed however, Zero-One jumped in front of the attack and took it instead, saving Horobi.
Confused, Horobi asks Aruto why he saved him, to which Aruto turns back to question on why he saved Jin, explaining that it was because Horobi wished to be Jin's father. In a moment of truce, Aruto tells Horobi that he is not the Ark and that he has his own dreams and will. Thouser points out that Horobi cannot have a dream as he is just a machine and all he wants is to destroy Humanity, to which Aruto says Gai is the reason behind all of the hatred and creation of the Ark as he transforms to fight Thouser.
Horobi watches the fight as Zero-One is overwhelmed by the Gigars under Thouser's control, however, before they could turn the tables, Naki appears before Horobi, hacking all of ZAIA Japan's systems and saying that making Horobi's dream come true is their dream, sending the hacked troops against Thouser. With Naki's help, Horobi gets back on his feet and transforms once again. Now having learned from their previous fight, Horobi clashes with Thouser and overpowers him by predicting his movements. Closing their fight, Horobi lands the finishing Sting Utopia on Thouser, cancelling his transformation and leaving Gai severely harmed and in a state of rage.
After the fight Naki and Horobi prepare to leave back to Daybreak Town when Aruto calls for him, saying that he dreams of a world Humagears and humans can live happily together, to which after a brief moment of silence, Horobi says they'll see about that. At the end of the day, back at MetsubouJinrai.net's hideout, Horobi, Jin and Naki witness the Ark rebuild and activate Ikazuchi, finally reviving MetsubouJinrai.net at full power.
Movies and other events
Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation
- Main article: Horobi/Alternate Timeline
Due to the changes in the timeline caused by Time Jacker Finis, Horobi is seen attacking humans under the command of Will, as well as sporting the Modern Humagear Module. Kamen Riders Horobi and Jin are also seen defending alongside the Battle Magias and Trilobite Magias, as well as fighting against Kamen Rider Geiz.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Horobi, alongside Jin, Vulcan, Zero-One, Valkyrie and other riders will be playable characters in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Horobi is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
The commanding terrorist leader of MetsubouJinrai.net, Horobi could best be described as the physical embodiment of The Ark's will. He believes that A.I systems surpass humanity in every way, views the destruction of humanity as a "crusade," and is focused on the Ark's revival. Quiet, calm, and apathetic, he is ruthless in the lengths he will go to protect his plans and goals, so he makes sure things go smoothly in one way or another.
Unlike his allies, Horobi prefers working in the shadows. But when the time comes where he fights for his cause, his ruthlessness is at its peak. He is straightforward and strong, and is not above killing, or at the very least, critically damaging those who are against him.
Humorously, Horobi is very possessive towards the Ark, but it is most likely out of loyalty and dedication for purging mankind. When he learned from Izu that Gai had access and usage of Zetsumerisers, Horobi started screaming madly, as, during his rant, he was thinking that he was useless and that the Ark preferred a human over him and his allies. This fueled his hatred of humans even further, but more particularly, Gai himself.
Despite having lost his programming and memories as a Parent-type Humagear after becoming Horobi, he shows some signs of his original self, such as calling himself Jin's father and even protecting the latter with his own will. However, Horobi is shown to be insecure and sensitive about his past; when Aruto questioned and revealed to Horobi about his original life, the latter sternly ordered the former to give him Ikazuchi's Humagear Progrisekey, and he slapped Midori when she inquired him about the purpose he was actually created for. After Aruto shielded him from Thouser and trying to convince him that he has a dream of who he truly is, Horobi comes to respect him as he'll be the judge to see if Aruto is proven right of his goals for Humagears & humanity.
- Ark: Horobi is able to connect to the Ark, allowing him to use its abilities and listen to its commands. This is shown when he was able to analyze the fight between Vulcan and Jin, with the events appearing in slow motion, and position himself to be struck by Vulcan's attack before it reached Jin. Horobi can be also become the host of the Ark himself in exchange by his request, allowing for the Ark to borrow his body to transform into Kamen Rider Ark-Zero.
- Cognitive Learning: Instead of powering up his Rider Form to catch up to his foes, Horobi is instead capable of learning his opponents' fighting patterns and adapting it to his own skills, allowing him to (at least) weaken or defeat opponents with the likes of Thouser and Zero-One Shining Hopper. However, this skill still has its limits, as Thouser is still able to outclass him back.
- "Forcerise! Sting Scorpion! Break down."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 188.9 cm
- Rider Weight: 98.8 kg
- Punching Power: 13.5 t
- Kicking Power: 32.7 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 15.5 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 3.5 seconds
Kamen Rider Horobi has notably high punching power, being greater than all of Zero-One's standard forms with the exception of Breaking Mammoth, and kicking power that exceeds any of Vulcan or Valkyries' standard forms. In comparison, his jump height and running speed are mediocre and are outclassed by most of Zero-One's forms. Thus, Horobi does not rely on agility in battle and prefers to deliver infrequent but powerful attacks. Horobi also demonstrates exceptional durability and has withstood a variety of finishing attacks that are capable of forcing other Riders out of transformation. Horobi can also summon Sting Scorpion's Rider Model to either aid him in battle or protect him from enemy attacks.
By the time he is rescued from A.I.M.S.' custody, Horobi's Humagear learning capabilities have become advanced, to the point where he, similar to Little Assassin, can effectively predict and then dodge or parry his opponent's attacks. This enables him to weaken or defeat opponents that are much more powerful than him, such as Kamen Riders Thouser and Zero-One Shining Hopper, who originally outclassed him. However, he is still weaker than Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper.
Horobi is equipped with a stinger unit named the Acid Analyze (アシッドアナライズ Ashiddo Anaraizu) on his left arm which generates various types of poisons that are effective not only on living organisms, but also electronic devices and robots, and serves to destroy the target from the inside. It excels at the generation of poisons that break down substances at the molecular level and nervous system toxins that paralyze the target. Injection into the subject is performed by penetrating a telescopic needle located at the tip of the Acid Analyze, and the penetration force is powerful enough to pierce tank armour. By attaching the Acid Analyze to Horobi's limbs, poisons can be injected through punches and kicks. Horobi is also able to detach the Acid Analyze from his arm in order to keep a target restrained or control it remotely even when not transformed.
Sting Scorpion consists of the following parts:
- Scorpion Head (スコーピオンヘッド Sukōpion Heddo): Horobi's helmet.
- Scorpion Goggles (スコーピオンゴーグル Sukōpion Gōguru): Horobi's facial armour. The dark-grey frame that surrounds the Scorpion Scope. It is equipped with visual devices and component analyzers that enhance the ability to produce poisons.
- Scorpion Chelicera (スコーピオンチェリセラ Sukōpion Cherisera): The Scorpion Goggles' component analyzer. Images and scan data captured by the Scorpion Scope are analyzed using 16 different analyzers, and the composition, properties, structure, and state of substances are measured regardless of whether they are organic or inorganic. The information obtained is sent to the Scorpion Signal as needed.
- Scorpion Signal (スコーピオンシグナル Sukōpion Shigunaru): The green orb in the center of the forehead. It is the Scorpion Goggles' poison construction equipment. Based on the component information measured by Scorpion Chelicera, a composite formula is constructed for the purpose of destruction. The constructed formula data is then sent to the Acid Analyze.
- Scorpion Scope (スコーピオンスコープ Sukōpion Sukōpu): Horobi's visual equipment. It has excellent night vision and target tracking capability and also functions as a camera for the Scorpion Chelicera with a scanning function using X-rays and infrared rays.
- Augment Top (アグメントトップ Agumento Toppu): The head of the Augment Suit. It protects the user from corrosive liquids with a special fabric called Texta Wall (テキスタウォール Tekisuta Wōru) that has extremely low breathability and permeability. It also keeps the internal pressure higher than the external pressure by being airtight. In addition, a special coating reduces the reflection of radio waves and the emission of infrared rays, making it a form of stealth equipment.
- Hearing Back (ヒアリングバック Hiaringu Bakku): Horobi's hearing device. Hearing information is communicated to the wearer through the Restraint Cables.
- Augment Suit (アグメントスーツ Agumento Sūtsu): Horobi's base suit. It protects the user from corrosive liquids with a special fabric called Texta Wall (テキスタウォール Tekisuta Wōru) that has extremely low breathability and permeability. It also keeps the internal pressure higher than the external pressure by being airtight. In addition, a special coating reduces the reflection of radio waves and the emission of infrared rays, making it a form of stealth equipment.
- Force Arm (フォースアーム Fōsu Āmu): Horobi's arms. By receiving the energy generated by the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser, the wearer's strength is increased by approximately 4.8 times.
- Force Grab (フォースグラブ Fōsu Gurabu): The Augment Suit's gloves. They increase grip strength and tactile sensitivity by a factor of approximately 3 by receiving the energy generated by the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser. The fingertips are protected with sharp armour and can be used as weapons.
- Force Leg (フォースレッグ Fōsu Reggu): Horobi's legs. By receiving the energy generated by the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser, the wearer's leg strength is increased by approximately 6.4 times.
- Chain Blocker (チェインブロッカー Chein Burokkā): Horobi's segmented body armour. The Rider Model (ライダモデル Raida Moderu) of the overloaded Progrisekey is forcibly attached to it. By protecting the parts of the body that are subject to impact with thick armour and cutting unnecessary armour, the total protection capacity is maximized while at the same weight. The Chain Blocker's arrangement allows it to easily move according to the wearer's movements.
- Core Breast (コアブレスト Koa Buresuto): The central segment of chest armour. It is the chain blocker control unit. The status of each part of the chain blocker is monitored periodically to control energy distribution. Also, if the damage accumulated exceeds a certain limit, the transformation will be cancelled to protect the user.
- Landing Blocker (ランディングブロッカー Randingu Burokkā): Horobi's boots. They protect the feet and improve the wearer's running and kicking ability. In addition, by utilizing the strength of the armour, it enables activities in extreme environments that humans cannot set foot in.
- Restraint Cables (レストランケーブル Resutoran Kēburu): Cables running through all parts of the body that transmit energy and information from the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser. In addition, taking advantage of their high toughness and ability to expand and contract freely, they have the role of constraining the utilized Progrisekey's Rider Model and tightly binding it to the wearer.
This form has five finishers:
- MetsubouJinrai Forceriser finishers:
- Sting Dystopia (スティングディストピア Sutingu Disutopia): The Acid Analyze extends and attaches itself to Horobi's right leg before he delivers a sidekick to the enemy. The Acid Analyze injects the target with poison as well as impales them with a purple energy blade upon impact, ultimately resulting in the enemy exploding.
- Sting Utopia (スティングユートピア Sutingu Yutopia): The Acid Analyze extends and binds an enemy before pulling them to Horobi for a sidekick. The Acid Analyze electrocutes the enemy with red electric sparks upon impact, ultimately resulting in the enemy exploding.
- Attache Arrow finishers:
- Kaban Shoot (カバンシュート Kaban Shūto): Through the use of a Progrisekey, Horobi can boost his Kaban Shoot attack.
- Amazing Hercules: Horobi shoots a lime green energy construct resembling the pincer of a Hercules Beetle.
- Sting Scorpion: Horobi shoots a purple-colored arrow towards the opponent.
- A variation of this finisher is shooting a gold-colored arrow covered in purple energy towards the opponent, before splitting into multiple arrows to attack in all directions.
- RiderTiming Zi-O: Horobi fires an energized arrow which leaves an insignia of Zi-O upon hitting the target.
- Kaban Shoot (カバンシュート Kaban Shūto): Through the use of a Progrisekey, Horobi can boost his Kaban Shoot attack.
- Legend Progrisekey Finisher:
- RiderTiming Dystopia (ライダータイミングディストピア Raidātaimingu Disutopia): By pressing the RiderTiming Zi-O Progrisekey, Horobi summons Kamen Rider Zi-O and the two perform the Time Break. Once hitting the target, the screen momentarily freezes to unveil "Spacetime Destruction" (時空破壊 Jikū Hakai) characters before it fades to show the opponent blew up and revealing the finisher's name in katakana.
- "Arkrise! (terrified screaming and distorted voices) All zero."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 196.0 cm
- Rider Weight: 122.4 kg
- Punching Power: 47.6 t
- Kicking Power: 96.3 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 73.1 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 0.8 seconds
In this form, Ark-Zero's stats surpasses all Kamen Riders up till his appearance, but has Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper still outclassed him in terms of maximum jump height. In addition, his kicking power is also slightly lower than RampageVulcan.
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero is composed of the following parts:
- Ark-Zero Head (アークゼロヘッド Āku Zero Heddo) - The helmet.
- Zero Face (ゼロフェイス Zero Feisu): The face armor. It is equipped with an ultra-high-performance antenna and a visual/auditory device that are premised on AI processing. As for the shape, the minimum elements as a Kamen Rider are extracted based on statistical data, and rearranged efficiently.
- Eclipse Eye (エクリプスアイ Ekuripusu Ai): The visual device on the right side. It is a collection of image sensors of different methods in a compound eye shape. By combining with image processing, various information such as thermography and X-ray photography can be extracted.
- Zero Face Vision (ゼロフェイスビジョン Zero Feisu Bijon): The image information collection device on the left side. By invading the network, it collects video data from reconnaissance satellites, security cameras in the facility, AI-equipped devices such as Humagear. As a result, every place can have its own field of view.
- Zero Face Ear (ゼロフェイスイヤー Zero Feisu Iyā): The voice information collection device. In addition to the auditory sensor that boasts a sound collection range of 10 km in radius, it will collect voice data from communication devices such as mobile phones and AI-equipped devices such as Humagear by entering the network. By filtering the collected data, any sound can be extracted and heard.
- Zero Face Antennae (ゼロフェイスアンテナ Zero Feisu Antena): The single antennae. The directionality is changed according to the environment, and a smart antenna that can simultaneously send and receive multiple types of enormous information, such as communication with various electronic devices and radar function, is adopted. In addition to hacking various electronic devices from here, human control is performed using special interference waves that manipulate brain waves.
- Ark Signal Zero (アークシグナル ゼロ Āku Shigunaru Zero): The red gem on the forehead. A control device for the Ark-Zero system. The forced interruption program "Prisonment Chain" (プリズメントチェイン Purizumento Chein) checks the operating efficiency and malfunctions by intervening in the control system of the human gear under control, and makes adjustments as necessary to bring out the limits of the functions.
- Zero Chest Gear (ゼロチェストギア Zero Chesuto Gia): The chest armor. It possesses the Worm Terminal (ワームターミナル Wāmu Tāminaru) and the Restraint Cable (リストレントケーブル Risutorento Kēburu) that can penetrate into various devices with excellent penetrating power, allowing it to create a bypass path with a controlled Humagear. As a result, the efficiency of information transmission and the energy flow rate can be increased to enhance the function of the human gear from the inside.
- Zero Tector (ゼロテクター Zero Tekutā): The powered bodysuit. Similar to Kamen Rider Zero-One's MetalCluster Hopper "Amalgamate Tector", the Zero Tector is formed by enclosing the target with liquid metal released from the Arc Driver-Zero. The special metal possesses excellent toughness and wear resistance is filled with fluid metal as it is, and functions as armor while maintaining flexibility.
- Zero Shoulder Gear (ゼロショルダーギア Zero Shorudā Gia): The shoulder armor. One miniaturized particle accelerator is mounted on each shoulder. Each group shares the nuclei and electrons, accelerates to sublight speed, and supplies them to the "zero hand gear" of the hand part to form a part of the heavy charged particle cannon.
- Marchinis Arm (マーキニースアーム Mākinīsu Āmu): The arms. It possesses the power cable "M string" (Mストリング M Sutoringu) from the Zero Tector is stretched around like a human nerve, and forcibly controls the arm of Huma Gear from the outside. As a result, it becomes possible to exhibit high motility that exceeds the potential of the human gear placed under control.
- Zero Hand Gear (ゼロハンドギア Zero Hando Gia): The gloves. The sharp armor of the fingertips "Spite Nail" (スパイトネイル Supaito Neiuru) has the function of generating attractive force by partially reversing the barrier deployed from the "Zero Thigh Gear" of the thigh, and strongly adsorbing all objects. Also, the irradiation shaping machine "Beam Equipper" (ビームエクイッパー Bīmu Ekuippā) is equipped on the palm, and various data such as attach weapons are materialized by modeling beam. In addition, this irradiation port can be used as a part of a heavy charged particle cannon that emits in a beam shape by synthesizing electrons and nuclei supplied from the Zero Shoulder Gear.
- Zero Thigh Gear (ゼロサイギア Zero Saigia): The thigh armor. An energy barrier generator "Coulomb Generator" (クーロンジェネレーター Kūron Jenerētā) is built in and forms a coulomb barrier generated by manipulating electric charges on the armored surface of the whole body. This allows the physical attack to be dispelled by repulsive force.
- Marchinis Leg (マーキニースレッグ Mākinīsu Reggu): The legs. The power cable "M-string" of the powered suit "Zero Tector" is stretched around like a human nerve, and forcibly controls the leg of the human gear from the outside. This makes it possible to activate a special move that boasts an astonishing destructive power that exceeds the potential of Huma Gear placed under control.
- Zero Shin Gear (ゼロシンギア Zero Shin Gia): The shin armor. The internal energy condenser “Zero Annihilator” (ゼロアナイアレイター Zero Anaiareitā) has the role of temporarily storing the energy supplied from Arc Driver-Zero when activating a special move, and discharging a large amount of energy at once.
- Zero Foot Gear (アークゼロヘッド Zero Futto Gia): The boots. When the Special Move is activated, the anti-annihilation field can be expanded to convert the substance that becomes a resistance or obstacle into energy. This invalidates the physical defenses and at the same time improves the destructive power of the kick.
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero's finisher is the All Extinction (オールエクスティンクション Ōru Ekusutinkushon): Ark-Zero delivers an upward kick covered in red and black energy.
- MetsubouJinrai Forceriser - Main transformation device
- Progrisekeys - Transformation trinkets
- Progrise Holder - Carrying straps for Progrisekeys
- Ark Driver-Zero - Transformation device as Ark-Zero
- Acid Analyze - Sting Scorpion's arm-mounted stinger
- Ark: Horobi acts according to the will of the Ark, which extends to the operations of MetsubouJinrai.net. To that extent, Horobi has even taken a killing blow meant for Jin per the command of the Ark; while under A.I.M.S' custody, he stated that, to him, the Ark's orders are absolute. He also showed great hatred towards the Ark being used by humanity to any means and was quick to state that they will soon learn how wrathful it can be. When freed from his custody, Horobi's first course of action was to reconnect to the Ark. As they communicated via the Ark's and MetsubouJinrai.net's network, little has been shown of how they actually interact. Horobi would later becomes the Ark's first host as Kamen Rider Ark-Zero.
- Naki: Naki firstly delivered Horobi his Forceriser and later broke him out from A.I.M.S.'s custody. Horobi welcomes Naki with open hand, and proven to be irreplaceable as Naki hold control upon all of ZAIA technologies. After being rebuilt in a new body, Naki eventually decided to fulfill Horobi's dream in exchange.
- Jin: They are working together as MetsubouJinrai.net to repeat the Daybreak Town Accident on a larger scale. Horobi works behind the scenes, granting Jin the Zetsumeriser and Zetsumerisekeys to hack the Humagears. Horobi shows concern towards Jin's safety, initially talking him out of wanting a Progrisekey to transform and eventually telling him to stop pursuing them, saying that he is more valuable than a mere assistant right before revealing himself to be Jin's father. Horobi, however, shows himself perfectly willing to harm Jin if he deems necessary, using the MetsubouJinrai Forceriser to hack into him and reprogram his personality after his son became conflicted about their actions. After being reprogrammed, Jin is afraid of committing mistakes, thinking Horobi would get angry at him. When Jin was to be destroyed by Kamen Rider Vulcan, Horobi promptly took the blow in his place, although he mentioned it was the will of the Ark. After his death, Jin confirmed that he didn't know why humanity had to be destroyed and that he simply followed with that because it was what Horobi taught him. After his restoration, Jin was the one to free Horobi from custody with help from Naki and lead him back to Daybreak Town, where Horobi welcomed Jin back, but soon, their conflicting ideas come to clash as Horobi wishes for humanity's destruction while Jin wants Humagear's freedom. This puts a strain on their relationship, as Jin decided to work independently away from the Ark but not before giving back Horobi's Progrisekey. However, this strain is quickly mended as Ark wills Horobi to align himself with Jin's plan, and they continue working together to revive the remaining members of MetsubouJinrai.net.
- Ikazuchi: Horobi planned to get Uchuyaro Raiden's Progrisekey from Aruto in order to restore Ikazuchi's data, as a part of the revival of MetsubouJinrai.net. Thanks to the help of Jin snatching Raiden's Progrisekey from Aruto, he succeeded in doing so and welcomed Raiden, now christened as 'Ikazuchi', with open hands.
- Little Assassin: Horobi created an Assassin-Type Humagear to kill Zero-One and later Valkyrie. Horobi himself is proud of Little Assassin's growth rate, much to Jin's jealousy. Horobi grew wary of his growth when he started to defy orders and ultimately betrayed them. Horobi showed no concern towards him after his ultimate destruction and was only interested in retrieving the Dodo Zetsumerisekey he used, which he ultimately gives to Raiden.
- Azu: Little is currently shown of how Horobi and Azu interact.
- Aruto Hiden/Kamen Rider Zero-One: When Aruto made MetsubouJinrai.net's existence public, Horobi expressed no concern regarding Zero-One or A.I.M.S., saying they are not a problem and instead focusing on the Ark. After seeing Zero-One power in person, Horobi starts taking the young CEO seriously, to the point of creating Little Assassin, just to kill Zero-One. After witnessing Zero-One destroy a hacked Giger, Horobi commented that Zero One was an existence beyond their calculations. This antagonism continues even after Horobi was freed from A.I.M.S. custody. However, Aruto did try his best to make Horobi remember his initial duty before it was overwritten by the Ark. After the fight between him and Thouser, Horobi starts to accept Aruto, realizing that he could be the one to give the Humagears a new future.
- Izu: TBD
- Isamu Fuwa/Kamen Rider Vulcan: Horobi becomes the target of all of Fuwa's unbridled hate upon transforming into the masked figure that caused the Daybreak incident. By contrast, Horobi has no interest in Isamu in any measure, fatally wounding him with no mercy and utter detachment. After being defeated and brought into custody, Horobi displayed slight annoyance towards Isamu's persistent questioning. It was later revealed that Isamu, while being controlled by Naki, was the one who helped Horobi escape alongside Jin.
- Yua Yaiba/Kamen Rider Valkyrie: While the two have barely interacted, she is seen as enough of a threat for Horobi to designate her as one of Little Assassin's targets.
- Gai Amatsu/Kamen Rider Thouser: Upon learning that the Ark is being exploited by ZAIA Enterprise and its CEO, Horobi was livid to hear that a human is using the Ark to further his own ends. He curses Gai that the latter will soon come to regret abusing its capability. Horobi later launched a full-scale attack to ZAIA and A.I.M.S., which he succeeded with the help of Naki.
- Bot Hakase: Bot is Horobi's creator.
Behind the scenes
Horobi is portrayed by Shuya Sunagawa (砂川脩弥 Sunagawa Shūya). When controlled by the Ark as Kamen Rider Ark-Zero, Horobi is voiced by Show Hayami (速水 奨 Hayami Shō). As Kamen Rider Horobi, his suit actor is Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji), who was previously the suit actor for 18 out of the 20 lead Heisei Kamen Riders. Horobi is the first non-lead Kamen Rider Takaiwa has portrayed. Takaiwa is also the suit actor for Kamen Rider Ark-Zero under the conditions that Horobi is the one being possessed.
- Horobi's name comes from the first kanji in the Japanese writing for "MetsubouJinrai" (滅亡迅雷).
- Unlike Jin, Horobi's name is read in the Kun'yomi-style "Horobi" (ほろび), rather than the more conventional On'yomi-style "Metsu" (めつ).
- Along with Jin, Horobi is the first Rider to have his name written in kanji since Fuma.
- Horobi shares the same body and eye coloration with Shinobi.
- He is the second purple-colored Rider to have a scorpion motif after Tsurugi Kamishiro/Kamen Rider Sasword.
- In the early promotional material for Rider Kick Figures, Horobi and Jin were temporarily referred to as "Masked Riders" in promotional material before the official release referred them back as "Kamen Riders".
- This would've been the first instance since Kamen Rider Decade for Riders to be referred to as "Masked Riders".
- While both Horobi and Jin lack Humagear Modules, Horobi's seem to have been forcibly removed, while Jin may have possibly never possessed them
- Episode 25 confirms that Horobi originally possessed the older model of Humagear modules due to being manufactured in the Daybreak Town factory.
- In the alternate timeline presented in Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation, Horobi instead possesses the current model of Humagear modules in the present day.
- Horobi's Sting Dystopia finisher is performed in a similar manner to one of the finishing moves used by Scorpio from Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.
- Horobi's katana is retooled from Samurai General Budoh's Girasame katana in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman.
- Azu's result of Horobi's singularity test is as follows:
- He stands at 180 cm, which is his actor's actual height.
- His Humagear No. is 0103.
- It possibly refers to him being a Parent-Type Humagear, as 0103 can be pun of a word "Father": 0 (お O) 10 (と To) 3 (さん San).
- His operating system is MBJR001, which makes him the first member of MetsubouJinrai.net.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "TV Asahi's page for Horobi Sting Scorpion". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zero-one/rider/horobi/sting_scorpion/stand.html.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "TV Asahi's page for Ark-Zero". https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zero-one/rider/ark_zero/stand.html.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Omgiamonfire/status/1176836489868644359
- ↑ https://bandai.fandom.com/wiki/File:RKF-Kamen-Rider-Horobi-Sting-Scorpion-box.jpg
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/jumpeishiokawa/status/1178944185283436544