|This article is about a/an transformation device in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
The Transformation Belt Hiden Zero-One Driver (変身ベルト 飛電ゼロワンドライバー Henshin Beruto Hiden Zerowan Doraibā), also simply known as the Zero-One Driver, is the transformation device used by Kamen Rider Zero-One. It was created by Soreo Hiden 12 years prior to the series, and produced by Hiden Intelligence's Three Dimensional Printing System when Aruto Hiden became president.
The Hiden Zero-One Driver is composed of the following parts:
- Rise Slot (ライズスロット Raizu Surotto) - A slot intended to insert Progrisekeys into. By loading a Progrisekey, it connects the device into an internal Rise Port (ライズポート Raizu Pōto), a device that allows the Driver to read and learn the Progrisekey's abilities.
- Progrise Reactor (プログライズリアクター Puroguraizu Riakutā) - The Hiden Zero-One Driver's main energy reactor. Located within the central circular section of the Driver. It is a device that performs 'progrise' operations by converting the inserted Progrisekey's Rider Model (the Key's graphic of an animal skeleton) into a physical form that maximizes that organism's unique abilities and converts that form into a shape that allows humans to better interact with it (in short, it creates a giant animal projection that turns into Zero-One's armor). The surplus energy that is generated during this progrise process become photons, and when the Progrise Reactor's furnace is filled, a chamber effect reflects waves, increasing the internal pressure and thus accelerating reactor speed (creating better reactions).
- Authoriser (オーソライザー Ōsoraizā) - A device located to the Driver's left. Authenticates Progrisekeys. By pressing a Progrisekey against it, it is 'authorized', unlocking the Progrisekey via an authentication code. When initiating a boosted deathblow (by pressing another Progrisekey against it), the Authoriser authorizes different up to six levels of attacks. The Authoriser can read a Progrisekey's status even without contact.
- Beam Equipper (ビームエクイッパー Bīmu Ekuippā) - The Hiden Zero-One Driver's irradiation device. Located in the centre. It utilizes a special lens that can convert a Progrisekey's Rider Model into Zero-One's 'Rise Architector' bodysuit via special moulding beams. Irradiation takes place within the Progrise Reactor. Additionally, it mounts suit and armor parts onto the wearer.
- Rise Liberator (ライズリベレーター Raizuriberētā) - The Hiden Zero-One Driver's safeguard mechanism. It is located to the right of the Driver and slides over the Beam Equipper when the Driver is not in use or when removing a Progrisekey. When a Progrisekey is inserted into the Driver, it shifts to the Driver's right side, allowing the Progrise Reactor to start working. When equipping a new Progrisekey, it moves to the centre, shifting the Driver into a data storage and backup standby state.
- Back Radome (バックレイドーム Bakku Reidōmu) - A device located at the rear of the Driver's Hiden Linker belt strap. It is a communication device that connects to the communications satellite Zea. Additionally, this device incorporates 24 types of firewalls as a countermeasure against hackers.
- Hiden Linker (ヒデンリンカー Hiden Rinkā) - The belt strap. When the Driver is pressed against the wearer's waist, the wearer's information is referred to as a biometric authentication feature. If the information of the user matches with the information provided by the biometric authentication feature, the Hiden Linker is expanded and secured against the waist. Additionally, a human-machine interface with a computation speed comparable to an A.I. can be established, linking the user's consciousness to Zea via a pseudo-impulse sent to the user's neurons.
For the longest time, it was believed that only the CEO of Hiden Intelligence can utilize the Driver. Following the beginning of the HIDEN Manufacturing arc, it was revealed that it belonged to Aruto himself, and he just needs to be CEO of a company to use it. It uses Progrisekeys to transform the user into an armor-clad Kamen Rider infused with given animal powers. In a virtual reality interface, the belt has several functions that can be selected and Izu can interact with and advise the user via a digital avatar.
- User Manual: If the user wears the belt for the first time, it offers a tutorial mode where the user's consciousness is sent into a virtual training area for a quick tutorial.
One of the drawbacks of using this Driver for the very first time is that the user is consciously transported into a virtual reality space while their body in the real world is left entirely defenseless, leaving them in possible mortal danger. To mitigate this weakness, the user's mind is heavily accelerated to function as fast as a supercomputer, allowing them to quickly complete their VR training and return to their body as soon as possible.
To transform, Aruto activates a Progrisekey before holding it near the Authoriser. After opening the key up, Aruto inserts the key into the Rise Slot causing the Rise Liberator to open, exposing the Progrise Reactor with a display of the animal's head.
When a Progrisekey is scanned for transformation, the Driver sends a signal to the satellite Zea orbiting Earth, which then relays the encoded Animal DNA to the user's location in the form of a projection of the Progrisekey's Rider Model (ライダモデル Raida Moderu). When the Progrisekey is inserted into the Driver, the Rise Architecter undersuit forms around Aruto. Once inside the Driver, the Progrisekey's data is loaded and the Rider Model separates into sections which transform into armor pieces that cover the Rise Architecter, completing the transformation.
When Aruto transforms into an auxiliary form from Rising Hopper, the armor pieces reposition themselves around the Rise Architecter before the Rider Model summoned by the auxiliary Progrisekey creates a second set of armor. When transforming into an auxiliary form from being a civilian, the Rider Models of both Rising Hopper and the auxiliary Progrisekey are summoned together when it is scanned and form their armors simultaneously when the Progrisekey is inserted.
When the Shining Hopper Progrisekey is scanned, Zea sends down a security lock that Aruto opens with the opened Progrisekey, producing Rising Hopper's Rider Model on top of a larger, golden version. When Aruto inserts the Progrisekey into the Driver, both Rider Models are gathered in an energy net, which then surrounds Aruto and reveals the Rise Architecter. The Rise Architecter transforms into the Shining Architecter and a set of six legs extend from it, forming the Shining Gladiators and the Shining Hopper Antennae, finishing the transformation.
When the Shining Hopper Progrisekey is scanned while equipped with the Assault Grip, both Zea and Ark transmit data to the Progrisekey, with the resulting Rider Model appearing more solid. The Shining Architecter suit appears, with the Rider Model unfolding and wrapping around Zero-One, as the Shining Gladiators and Shining Hopper Antennae fold into place, completing the transformation.
When the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey was first scanned and inserted, the Driver's system was corrupted. The Rise Architecter is replaced with the Amalgamate Tecter, as a giant Rider Model appears and separates into Cluster Cells with the additional armor formed from them, completing the transformation. When the first transformation switched the connection of the Driver to Ark and placed Aruto's mind within the satellite's system, the resulting alterations prevented the use of any Progrisekeys manufactured by Zea, and caused Aruto's body to attack anyone on sight. Following the acquisition of the Progrise Hopper Blade, the Driver's connection has been reverted to Zea, and Aruto is now in control of his body while using MetalCluster Hopper.
- Main article: Finisher (Zero-One)
To activate a finisher, Zero-One presses the Progrisekey again.
For a boosted attack, Zero-One holds another Progrisekey near the Authoriser before pressing on the Key in the belt. He can do this up to 6 times with the resulting boosts being as follows:
- 1x: Bit
- 2x: Byte
- 3x: Kilo
- 4x: Mega
- 5x: Giga
- 6x: Tera
Users (chronological order)
|User||Kamen Rider||Episode Obtained||Description|
|Aruto Hiden|| ||I am the President and a Kamen Rider||After Aruto was appointed as the new CEO of Hiden Intelligence, Izu launches the BS-ZA protocol, producing the Zero-One Driver. Later, she gave Aruto the Driver and the Rising Hopper Progrisekey during the Berotha Magia's rampage.
Aruto temporarily lost possession of the Zero-One Driver as a result of him losing the Workplace Competition and his position as CEO of Hiden Intelligence. Due to a legal process that stated the Zero-One Driver belonged to Aruto and Aruto only, he regained it back, though he had to found a new company in order for Zea to authorize his transformations.
Behind The Scenes
- As the DX Hiden Zero-One Driver utilizes the same scanning system as the DX Den-O Belt uses, it is possible to activate its different finishers by using the DX Rider Pass.
- Similar to the DX Build Driver and the Ghost Driver, the belt reuses the Sengoku Driver's banding strip.
- Currently, the Zero-One Driver is one of only two transformation devices in Kamen Rider Zero-One to be named "Driver", with the other being the Zaia Thousandriver, as all other transformation devices that have appeared are named "Risers".
- The Hiden Zero-One Driver is the first Rider belt since the Drive Driver to not be shared with any of the supporting Riders.
- The sets of boosted finishers of the Driver are a reference to digital units of data measurement on a computer.
- Coincidentally, "01 Driver" is also the name of a finisher used by Kikaider 01.
- The way the Driver utilizes a Satellite for transformation data mirrors Faiz's Blaster Form and the Meteor Driver.
- Considering the speed at which Aruto's Zero-One Driver was created, it is likely that multiple additional drivers could easily be created.
- This would be unusual for a main Kamen Rider's transformation device, and would greatly reduce the consequences of Aruto's Driver being destroyed, something that is often a major obstacle in the franchise.
- In the DX toy, if one fails to scan a Progrisekey before inserting it into the Zero-One Driver, it will announce "Error Rise!", implying that the transformation has failed.
- If someone attempts a finisher with the unfolded Metalriser the driver will announce "Error Impact" before announcing "Time is almost up. Try again." and restarting the standby loop.