|This article is about a/an transformation device in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
The Transformation Belt Hiden Zero-One Driver (変身ベルト 飛電ゼロワンドライバー Henshin Beruto Hiden Zerowan Doraibā), also simply known as the Zero-One Driver (ゼロワンドライバー Zerowan Doraibā), is the transformation device used by Kamen Rider Zero-One. It was created by Soreo Hiden 12 years prior to the series, and produced by Hiden Intelligence's Three Dimensional Printing System when Aruto Hiden became president. It was succeeded by the Hiden Zero-Two Driver.
After Ark acquired the original Driver, Azu created multiple copies of it, two of which were transformed into the Zetsumetsu Driver and the Eden Driver and one was directly used by herself with Ark Zero-One Progrisekey.
The Hiden Zero-One Driver is composed of the following parts:
- Rise Slot (ライズスロット Raizu Surotto) - A slot intended to insert Progrisekeys into. By loading a Progrisekey, it connects the device into an internal Rise Port (ライズポート Raizu Pōto), a device that allows the Driver to read and learn the Progrisekey's abilities.
- Progrise Reactor (プログライズリアクター Puroguraizu Riakutā) - The Hiden Zero-One Driver's main energy reactor. Located within the central circular section of the Driver. It is a device that performs 'progrise' operations by converting the inserted Progrisekey's Rider Model (the Key's graphic of an animal skeleton) into a physical form that maximizes that organism's unique abilities and converts that form into a shape that allows humans to better interact with it (in short, it creates a giant animal projection that turns into Zero-One's armor). The surplus energy that is generated during this progrise process become photons, and when the Progrise Reactor's furnace is filled, a chamber effect reflects waves, increasing the internal pressure and thus accelerating reactor speed (creating better reactions).
- Authoriser (オーソライザー Ōsoraizā) - A device located to the Driver's left. Authenticates Progrisekeys. By pressing a Progrisekey against it, it is 'authorized', unlocking the Progrisekey via an authentication code. When initiating a boosted deathblow (by pressing another Progrisekey against it), the Authoriser authorizes different up to six levels of attacks. The Authoriser can read a Progrisekey's status even without contact.
- Beam Equipper (ビームエクイッパー Bīmu Ekuippā) - The Hiden Zero-One Driver's irradiation device. Located in the centre. It utilizes a special lens that can convert a Progrisekey's Rider Model into Zero-One's 'Rise Architector' bodysuit via special moulding beams. Irradiation takes place within the Progrise Reactor. Additionally, it mounts suit and armor parts onto the wearer.
- Rise Liberator (ライズリベレーター Raizuriberētā) - The Hiden Zero-One Driver's safeguard mechanism. It is located to the right of the Driver and slides over the Beam Equipper when the Driver is not in use or when removing a Progrisekey. When a Progrisekey is inserted into the Driver, it shifts to the Driver's right side, allowing the Progrise Reactor to start working. When equipping a new Progrisekey, it moves to the centre, shifting the Driver into a data storage and backup standby state.
- Back Radome (バックレイドーム Bakku Reidōmu) - A device located at the rear of the Driver's Hiden Linker belt strap. It is a communication device that connects to the communications satellite Zea. Additionally, this device incorporates 24 types of firewalls as a countermeasure against hackers.
- Hiden Linker (ヒデンリンカー Hiden Rinkā) - The belt strap. When the Driver is pressed against the wearer's waist, the wearer's information is referred to as a biometric authentication feature. If the information of the user matches with the information provided by the biometric authentication feature, the Hiden Linker is expanded and secured against the waist. Additionally, a human-machine interface with a computation speed comparable to an A.I. can be established, linking the user's consciousness to Zea via a pseudo-impulse sent to the user's neurons.
- Rise Loader (ライズローダー Raizu Rōdā, Zero-Two Updated Version only): A device used to read Progrisekeys. It reads the inserted Key's Rider Model (the Key's graphic of an animal skeleton), sends data to the Rider's bodysuit (to allow form changes and one to turn into different Kamen Riders)
Zea is authorized to grant full usage of the Zero-One Driver specifically to Aruto Hiden, but he must be listed as CEO for any company for that recognition to take effect. It uses Progrisekeys to transform the user into an armor-clad Kamen Rider infused with given animal powers.
Once the belt is equipped, the user can communicate with Izu in a virtual reality space. In the case the user is using the belt for the first time, the User Manual option offers a quick tutorial in only a matter of nano-seconds from perspective of the real world. The user's mind is heavily accelerated to function as fast as a supercomputer, allowing them to quickly complete their VR training.
There are other selectable options in the VR-space such as Combat, Program, and Motorcycle, but their functions have never been explicitly revealed on-screen.
To transform, Aruto activates a Progrisekey before holding it near the Authoriser. After opening the key up, Aruto inserts the key into the Rise Slot causing the Rise Liberator to open, exposing the Progrise Reactor with a display of the animal's head.
When a Progrisekey is scanned for transformation, the Driver sends a signal to the satellite Zea orbiting Earth, which then relays the encoded Animal DNA to the user's location in the form of a projection of the Progrisekey's Rider Model (ライダモデル Raida Moderu). When the Progrisekey is inserted into the Driver, the Rise Architecter undersuit forms around Aruto. Once inside the Driver, the Progrisekey's data is loaded and the Rider Model separates into sections which transform into armor pieces that cover the Rise Architecter, completing the transformation.
When Aruto transforms into an auxiliary form from Rising Hopper, the armor pieces reposition themselves around the Rise Architecter before the Rider Model summoned by the auxiliary Progrisekey creates a second set of armor. When transforming into an auxiliary form from being a civilian, the Rider Models of both Rising Hopper and the auxiliary Progrisekey are summoned together when it is scanned and form their armors simultaneously when the Progrisekey is inserted.
When the Shining Hopper Progrisekey is scanned, Zea sends down a security lock that Aruto opens with the opened Progrisekey, producing Rising Hopper's Rider Model on top of a larger, golden version. When Aruto inserts the Progrisekey into the Driver, both Rider Models are gathered in an energy net, which then surrounds Aruto and reveals the Rise Architecter. The Rise Architecter transforms into the Shining Architecter and a set of six legs extend from it, forming the Shining Gladiators and the Shining Hopper Antennae, finishing the transformation.
When the Shining Hopper Progrisekey is scanned while equipped with the Assault Grip, both Zea and Ark transmit data to the Progrisekey, with the resulting Rider Model appearing more solid. The Shining Architecter suit appears, with the Rider Model unfolding and wrapping around Zero-One, as the Shining Gladiators and Shining Hopper Antennae fold into place, completing the transformation.
When the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey was first scanned and inserted, the Driver's system was corrupted. The Rise Architecter is replaced with the Amalgamate Tecter, as a giant Rider Model appears and separates into Cluster Cells with the additional armor formed from them, completing the transformation. When the first transformation switched the connection of the Driver to Ark and placed Aruto's mind within the satellite's system, the resulting alterations prevented the use of any Progrisekeys manufactured by Zea, and caused Aruto's body to attack anyone on sight. Following the acquisition of the Progrise Hopper Blade, the Driver's connection has been reverted to Zea, and Aruto is now in control of his body while using MetalCluster Hopper.
- Main article: Finisher (Zero-One)
To activate a finisher, Zero-One presses the Progrisekey again.
For a boosted attack, Zero-One holds another Progrisekey near the Authoriser before pressing on the Key in the belt. He can do this up to 6 times with the resulting boosts being as follows:
- 1x: Bit
- 2x: Byte
- 3x: Kilo
- 4x: Mega
- 5x: Giga
- 6x: Tera
Users (chronological order)
|User||Kamen Rider||Episode Obtained||Description|
|Aruto Hiden||Kamen Rider Zero-One||I am the President and a Kamen Rider (1st)
The Future of Each (2nd, flashback)
After Aruto was appointed as the new CEO of Hiden Intelligence, Izu launches the BS-ZA protocol, producing the Zero-One Driver. Later, she gave Aruto the Driver and the Rising Hopper Progrisekey during the Berotha Magia's rampage.
Aruto temporarily lost possession of the Zero-One Driver during the events of Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation when he first fought Another Zero One, resulting in him being unable to transform to to the Another Riders' power and having his Driver taken. After the battle between Soreo, Soreo returned the Zero-One Driver to Aruto before his death.
Aruto temporarily lost possession of the Zero-One Driver for the second time as a result of him losing the Workplace Competition and his position as CEO of Hiden Intelligence. Due to a legal process that stated the Zero-One Driver belonged Aruto only, he regained it and founded a new company in order for Zea to authorize his transformations.
The original Driver was later stolen from Aruto by the Ark, but was subsequently replaced by the Hiden Zero-Two Driver. Azu later gave the stolen Driver to Horobi, who used the Ark Scorpion Progrisekey to transform it into the Zetsumetsu Driver.
Prior to the final battle with Horobi, Zea created a second updated Zero-One Driver via the Zero-Two Driver. This time, fitted with the same technology that the other drivers in the series had that allows the driver to materialise Rider Models without linking to Satellite Zea.
Behind The Scenes
- As the DX Hiden Zero-One Driver utilizes the same scanning system as the DX Den-O Belt uses, it is possible to activate its different finishers by using the DX Rider Pass.
- Due to this, the Zero-One Driver is the first transformation belt in which the user must activate, scan, and insert something into the driver.
- Similar to the DX Build Driver and the Ghost Driver, the belt reuses the Sengoku Driver's banding strip.
- Currently, the Zero-One Driver is one of only two transformation devices in Kamen Rider Zero-One to be named "Driver", with the other being the ZAIA Thousandriver, as all other transformation devices that have appeared are named "Risers".
- The Hiden Zero-One Driver is the first Rider belt since the Drive Driver to not be shared with any of the supporting Riders.
- The sets of boosted finishers of the Driver are a reference to digital units of data measurement on a computer.
- Coincidentally, "01 Driver" is also the name of a finisher used by Kikaider 01.
- The way the Driver utilizes a Satellite for transformation data mirrors Faiz's Blaster Form and the Meteor Driver.
- Special Limited Red editions of Zero-One Driver and Rising Hopper Progrisekey were released exclusively for China.
- In the DX toy, if one fails to scan a Progrisekey before inserting it into the Zero-One Driver, it will announce "Error Rise!", implying that the transformation has failed.