|This article is about a/an common trend in the Kamen Rider Series.|
The first use of the phrase was by Kamen Rider 2, as the original Kamen Rider did not have a transformation call before that. It has since become an integral aspect rooted within the Kamen Rider series.
Generally, most Kamen Riders call out "Henshin!" during their transformation sequences. Variations of this phrase have been used by various Riders, either when transforming or switching between forms. These include:
- Kamen Rider 1 and Kamen Rider Dark Ghost: "Rider Henshin!" (ライダー変身! Raidā Henshin!)
- Kamen Rider V3: "Henshin...V3!" (変身...V3! Henshin...Bui Surī!)
- Kamen Rider X: "Dai Henshin" (大変身 Dai Henshin, lit. "Great Transformation")
- Kamen Rider Stronger: "Henshin...Stronger!" (変身...ストロンガー! Henshin...Sutorongā!)
- Skyrider: "Sky Henshin" (スカイ変身 Sukai Henshin)
- Kamen Rider Kuuga: "Cho Henshin" (超変身 Chō Henshin, lit. "Super Transformation") (when changing forms)
- Kamen Rider Mach: "Let's... Henshin!" (レッツ... 変身! Rettsu... Henshin!)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: "Dai Henshin" (大変身 Dai Henshin, lit. "Great Transformation") (Level 2, varies with each higher level up to Level XX), "Max Dai Henshin" (マックス大変身 Makkusu Dai Henshin) (Level 99), "Hyper Dai Henshin" (ハイパー大変身 Haipā Dai Henshin) (Muteki Gamer)
- Kamen Rider Para-DX: "Dai Henshin" (大変身 Dai Henshin, lit. "Great Transformation") (when switching between his Level 50 forms), "Max Dai Henshin" (マックス大変身 Makkusu Dai Henshin) (Level 99)
Some Riders use normal "Henshin!" but also have variation in some occasion. Example:
Other than "Henshin" and variations of the phrase, other characters, including Riders and Rider-like characters, have used different catchphrases in a similar fashion when transforming or switching between forms. These include:
- Kamen Rider X: "Set up!" (セットアップ Setto Appu)
- Kamen Rider Amazon: "A~ma~zon!"
- Masked Rider: "Ectophase Activate!"
- Kamen Rider G3-X: "G3-X Equip!" (G3-X 装着! G3-X Souchaku!)
- Kabuki, Touki, Nishiki, Habataki, Kirameki: By calling out their respective Oni names during their transformation.
- Ventaran Kamen Riders: "Kamen Rider!"
- Kamen Rider Amazon Omega, Alpha, Sigma, Neo & Crow Amazon: "Amazon."
- Graphite & Lovelica Bugster: "Baiyou" (培養 Baiyō, lit. "Cultivate")
- Ride Player Nico: "Game Start!" (ゲームスタート Gēmu Sutāto)
- Kamen Rider Build: "Build Up!" (ビルドアップ Birudo Appu) (when changing forms)
- Night Rogue & Blood Stalk: "Jouketsu" (蒸血 lit. "Steam Blood")
- Bikaiser: "Kaiser!" (カイザー Kaizā) and later "Bikaiser" (バイカイザー Baikaizā)
- Engine Bro's & Remocon Bro's/Hell Bro's: "Jundou" (潤動 lit. "Lubricate")
- Kamen Rider Grease: "Dekiteruyo." (できてるよ。 Dekiteruyo., lit. "Damn right, I am.") (when using with the Build Driver with the Grease Blizzard Knuckle)
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: "Armor Time!" (アーマータイム Āmā Taimu) (only in Be The One to transform into BuildArmor)
- Dodo Magia: "Assassinate." (暗殺 Ansatsu)
There are some Kamen Riders who do not speak or call out any phrase during their transformation. These include:
- Kamen Rider 1 (during his initial transformation in the first 13 episodes of the original series)
- Kamen Rider Shin
- Kamen Riders from the reboot films
- Kamen Rider G3 (before upgrade into G3-X)
- All of the Oni Riders in the TV series
Also there are some Riders that usually call out but not during some of their transformation. Example are: