|This article is about a/an term in Kamen Rider Build.|
Individuals with Hazard Level 1 would die a short while after being administered with the gas, while individuals with Hazard Level 2 would immediately be converted into a Smash. Anyone with a Hazard Level above Level 2 would retain their human form even after being administered with the gas, with prime examples being Sento Kiryu and Ryuga Banjo. According to Gentoku and Takumi Katsuragi's data, anyone with a Hazard Level above Level 3 would be able to use the Transteam Gun or Build Driver, while those above Level 4 are able to use a Sclash Driver. However, while a Level 5 Hazard Level is required to use the Evol-Driver, it's assumed that no human is capable of naturally reaching that Level.
Evidently, Faust's experiments were to isolate people with Hazard Levels high enough to use the Rider System so they could create an army of Kamen Riders for military purposes.
Theoretically, the Hazard Level of humans may be raised through two means: temporarily through strong emotions, and permanently through the continual usage of purified Fullbottles and the Rider Systems.
The first Hazard Level mentioned in the series was Kasumi Ogura's. Due to her unnamed illness, her physical state could not withstand the transformation of being turned into a Smash. Night Rogue labeled her as "Hazard Level 1", claiming that once anyone extracted her Smash Essence, she would die immediately. Ryuga bitterly allowed Sento to extract her Smash essence, thus killing her. Her Smash essence was later purified into the Dragon FullBottle, which Ryuga treasured greatly.
While fighting Ryuga, Blood Stalk calls him Hazard Level 2.4, which grows incrementally to 2.7 throughout the fight.Later, due to Ryuga's determination and strong synchronization with the Dragon Fullbottle, his Hazard Level rose to 3.0 , thus allowing him to become Kamen Rider Cross-Z.
By fighting as Kamen Rider Cross-Z, Banjo was able to push his Hazard Level to 4.0, allowing him to use the Sclash Driver.
|1||Subjects will die upon exposure, and ultimately when defeated as a Smash; normally caused by a pre-existing illness.|
|2||Subjects will transform into a Smash, but regain their humanity upon defeat, albeit with short-term memory loss. The most common Hazard Level.|
|2.1+||Subjects retain their human forms after being dosed, seemingly suffering no side effects.|
|2.4||Ryuga Banjo at the start of his fight with Blood Stalk.|
|2.7||The peak of Ryuga's Level at the end of his fight with Blood Stalk.|
|3||The minimum Hazard Level required to use the Build Driver. Eventually reached by Ryuga.|
|3.2||Sento Kiryu during his first fight with Blood Stalk.|
|3.6||Kiba's Hazard Level in his Hard Smash form, as measured by Blood Stalk.|
|3.7||Sento's Level when angered. Also the Hazard Level of Akaba and Aoba in their Hard Smash forms.|
|3.9||Sento's Hazard Level when using Rabbit Tank Sparkling, as measured by Blood Stalk.|
|4||The minimum Hazard Level required to use the Sclash Driver. Ryuga's Hazard level when using the Sclash Driver|
|4.2||Kazumi Sawatari's latest Hazard Level, as measured by Blood Stalk. |
Sento's Level before quickly increasing to 4.4.
|4.4||Sento Kiryu's Hazard Level while in Hazard Form, as measured by Blood Stalk.|
Gentoku Himuro’s Hazard Level, as evidenced by his usage of the Sclash Driver.
|5||The Hazard Level necessary to use the Evol-Driver. According to Shinobu Katsuragi's research, it is impossible for a normal human being to reach this level. The first person to reach this level was Soichi Isurugi/Evolto. Ryuga was eventually able to reach this level as Cross-Z Magma at the end of his fight with Evolt.|
|6||Sento's Hazard Level after using a Pandora Box panel in the Build Driver.|
|6.3+||Sento's Hazard Level after raising it by cranking the Build Driver's Vortex Lever with the Pandora Box panel inserted.|
|7+||Ryuga's Hazard Level after remembering the destruction of Mars when he was part of Evolto. This Hazard Level was soon reached by Sento as well. Achieving this Hazard Level has a physical effect on Fullbottles. According to Shinobu Katsuragi's research files, any two Fullbottles transformed due to this Hazard Level will be able to create a Best Match, regardless of whether they are biotic or abiotic.|
- Hazard Level might refer to the real-life biological hazard and biosafety level.
- The systems which adhere to a given Hazard Level are generally graded by both the users' adaptibility/compatibility for each form and the Hazard Level itself. This implies that it is not the quality of the transformation that defines a Rider's power, but simply their combat proficiency, affinity with the transformation items, and Hazard Level. This has been shown with Shinobu Katsuragi using basic Best Match forms, yet dominating the other Riders, despite two of them having Sclash Drivers, and one user possessing a Hazard Level that was initially believed impossible for humans to achieve.
- Past instances where power is more dependent on the Rider than the system has been seen in the Armored Riders from Kamen Rider Gaim, with elements taken from other series like Kamen Rider Blade's Fusion Co-efficiency and Kamen Rider Wizard's Mana.
- The term 'Hazard Level' has previously been used in GoGo Sentai Boukenger to refer to the level of danger a Precious could pose.
- Coincidentally, there is a Precious in Boukenger named 'Pandora's Box', which had one of the highest Hazard Levels in the show.