|This article is about a Rider in Kamen Rider Saber.|
Hayato Fukamiya (富加宮 隼人, Fukamiya Hayato) is the former member of the Northern Base-branch of the Sword of Logos and the father of Kento Fukamiya. 15 years ago, Hayato succumbed to the darkness of Ankokuken Kurayami and fell by the hands of Daichi Kamijo who would inherit his mission as Kamen Rider Calibur (仮面ライダーカリバー, Kamen Raidā Karibā). However, Hayato survived thanks to Tassel, whom he accompanied with in Wonder World to help release his own son from the chains of Kurayami and appear with Daichi in Sophia's time of need and pass their blessings onto her.
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Family
- 5 Kamen Rider Calibur
- 6 Equipment
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 Notes
- 10 Appearances
- 11 References
- 12 Navigation
As The Dark Swordsman
Hayato Fukamiya was a member of the Sword of Logos, Ryo Ogami's good friend, and the loving father of Kento Fukamiya. Daichi Kamijo considered Hayato a close friend and ally, and often sparred with him. He also posed for a photo with Daichi and Sophia that was taken by Kyoichiro Shinsen.
Spiraling Towards Darkness
|"Again...!? They just won't stop... No matter how strong I get...nor how many allies we gather... Is that disastrous future invevitable!? IS THE WORLD TRULY BEYOND SAVING!??"|
|―Hayato, being disturbed by Kurayami's visions of the future[src]|
15 years prior to the start of the series, Hayato had begun seeing visions of the future due to his usage of Ankokuken Kurayami, and foresaw Master Logos as the main perpetrator of the world's destruction. As he went to confront him, Hayato became convinced by Master Logos that what he was doing was truly going to save the world. He receives instructions from Master Logos afterwards that he must sacrifice Luna, who was also a friend of his very own son.
Days later, Hayato stole several Wonder Ride Books from the Northern Base, and released the Megid onto the city before he left. Hayato approached and captured Luna, but as he is in the process of his actions, his plans would eventually be thwarted by Daichi. As the two begin to talk, Hayato tells him that Luna was the girl who acted as the bridge between Earth and Wonder World, and that he would discover the omniscient truth for himself. Transforming into Kamen Rider Calibur, the two fight. When Daichi turns around to the sight of Touma attempt to hold Luna back, Hayato strikes him down and cancels Daichi's transformation. After Luna disappears, Daichi attempts to protect Touma and manages to cancel Hayato's transformation. After Daichi unleashed a huge explosion, Hayato stood up and left.
|"I cut him down... Such is the fate of traitors..."|
|―Daichi confirming Hayato's death.[src]|
With the world's connection to Wonder World now severed, the two return back on Earth, Hayato berates Daichi for disrupting his plans. After a short shuffle, Hayato is defeated and seemingly slain. With his last dying breath, he apologies to his own son for being unable to save his world.
Unbeknownst to both Daichi and the rest of Sword of Logos, his soul was brought to Wonder World, thanks to Tassel's assistance who turned his body into a glowing bird, and he become Tassel's assistant ever since. He was considered missing in action by the other members of the Sword of Logos, his mantle of Calibur was taken by Daichi, and could not contact his old friends, including Kento, for the past 15 years.
As Tassel's bird
When Yuri came into Tassel's house to search for him after he got banished by Master Logos, Hayato flew onto his hand in his bird form, telling him that the Wonder World's guardian lost majority of his power and would only return to his residence once it came back. The Light Swordsman would later tell Touma Kamiyama's team about this brief encounter, though none of them believed him.
Hayato would later fly to Kento's side when he refused Touma's offer of changing the future, repeating the novelist's statement to his son. Kento was briefly shocked over his father's voice speaking to him, but stubbornly continued his solo crusade alone.
A Father-Son Reunion
|"Kento, you've grown again, haven't you? You're so tall that you even outgrew me!"|
|―Hayato complimenting Kento's height after 15 years of being apart.|
After 15 years had passed, Hayato finally had a chance to reunite with his son Kento, with his bird form creating peaceful terrain. He was so happy that his son became a great person, but also felt regret for Kento going down the same dark path he once took. Hayato gave a much-needed pep-talk to Kento so he could stop doing everything by himself, just like he did, and praised Kento for how he got great friends, complimenting his height much like long ago in his youth. When Kento had joined Touma and the rest of the swordsmen in the nick of time, Hayato came to his son again so he can aid the Riders in creating the Haouken Xross Saber, with Hayato personally taking back the Ankokuken Kurayami. After Touma became Xross Saber and defeated Master Logos, his soul was finally free, although he still decided to remain in Wonder World after Tassel's return.
During the final battle against Storious, the spirits of Daichi and Hayato came one last time to aid Sophia, who had taken up the mantle of Calibur to fight alongside the current swordsmen.
|"Kento. You've grown, haven't you?"|
|―Hayato to his young son[src]|
Before betraying the Sword of Logos, Hayato was shown to be a loving father to Kento and was considered a talented swordsman by his fellow peers. However, due to the visions from the Ankokuken Kurayami and vile manipulation from Isaac, he became corrupted and ruthless enough to sacrifice a child to stop the destruction of the world.
According to Kento, Hayato had succumbed to the fear which led to his corruption. This showed that Kento has forgiven his father and Daichi as he claimed that both of them were just choosing the wrong methods to avert the world's destruction.
By the time of his return, Hayato has returned to his past self, showing his caring side to Kento once again. However, he now feels regret for his actions during the War of the Wonder World and personally apologized to his son for not being there by his side. He also has learned from his mistakes of doing things by himself, and gave a pep-talk to Kento about being himself instead of someone he does not wish to be.
Powers and Abilities
- Precognition: Due to wielding the Ankokuken Kurayami, Hayato is able to see visions of possible futures. This was first shown when he learned of the destruction of the world and Master Logos' villainy and involvement in the deed, causing him to turn against his former allies and betray the Sword of Logos in order to prevent the vision he saw from happening.
- Bird Transformation: With Tassel's intervention, Hayato is able to transform into a bird of light.
- Expert Swordsman: As a former member of the Sword of Logos, Hayato is a trained swordsman who demonstrates mastery over Ankokuken Kurayami when fighting his enemies.
Kamen Rider Calibur
|"Jaaku Read! Ankokuken Kurayami! Get go under conquer than get keen. Jaaku Dragon! Kurayami Honyaku! Hikari wo ubaishi, shikkoku no ken ga reikoku mujou ni ankoku ryuu o shihai suru!"|
- Rider Height: 217.6 cm
- Rider Weight: 121.3 kg
- Punching Power: 17.1 t
- Kicking Power: 29.4 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 29.5 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 3.9 seconds
Calibur has the highest stats out of all the Riders in the series at the time of his debut. His running speed is only second to Kenzan and his punching and kicking power is higher than Buster's.
Jaaku Dragon consists of the following parts:
- Calibur Helm Jaaku Dragon (カリバーヘルム ジャアクドラゴン, Karibā Herumu Jaaku Doragon): The helmet.
- Sword Crown (ソードクラウン, Sōdo Kuraun): The blade on the forehead. It is installed on the top of the head as a proof of being selected by the Jaken. It has the role of adjusting the state of Kamen Rider Calibur and the Jaken, and adjusts the power balance between them and cancels transformation in an emergency. It is also a blade with a sharp edge, and can also be used in battle.
- Jaaku Scale (ジャアクスケイル, Jaaku Sukeiru): The right mask on the helmet. Inheriting the sensing ability of the God Beast "Jaaku Dragon", the sense of the transformant has been sharpened.
- Jaaku Dragon Mask (ジャアクドラゴンマスク, Jaaku Doragon Masuku): The center mask. With the power of the Jaaku Dragon Wonder Ride Book, you gain the ability to see in the dark.
- Silhouette Visor (シルエットバイザー, Shiruetto Baizā): The sealed visor. It allows the user to find light from the bottom of the darkness.
- Sword Robe (ソードローブ, Sōdo Rōbu): The suit granted by the user of the Jaken Ankokuken Kurayami. It is attached at the same time as the awakening of the Jaken, and gives the user the power to fight such as improving sword skills, strengthening physical abilities, and activating special abilities. This form is based on the power of the Jaaku Dragon Wonder Ride Book.
- Jaaku Dragon Bauld (ジャアクドラゴンボールド, Jaaku Doragon Bōrudo, Plays on words “Jaaku Dragon Pauldron”): The right shoulder. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Jaaku Dragon" and brings overwhelming fighting power by supplying the power of darkness at the request of the user.
- Vol Cuirass (ボルキュイラス, Borukyuirasu): Armor for the chest and left shoulder. The armor possesses the aura of the God Beast "Jaaku Dragon". In addition, the alloy is made from the metal used to forge the Seiken is used, making it difficult to destroy with the Seiken.
- Ride Jaaku Arm (ライドジャアクアーム, Raido Jaaku Āmu): The arms. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Jaaku Dragon" and brings the strength to exert destructive power like a demon.
- Jaaku Gaunt (ジャアクガント, Jaaku Ganto, Play on words “Jaaku Gauntlet”): The gauntlets. By cutting the shadow of the target with a sharp claw, it causes great damage to the body. In addition, it brings the power to manipulate dark energy freely, and enables the release of the Jaaku Dragon encased in dark energy.
- Jaaku Mai Scale (ジャアクメイスケイル, Jaaku Meisukeiru, short for “Jaaku Mail Scale”): The black exterior on the suit. The armor is made with a series of hard scales can minimize the attacks received.
- Ride Jaaku Leg (ライドジャアクレッグ, Raido Jaaku Reggu): The legs. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Jaaku Dragon" and brings leg strength that exerts destructive power like a demon.
- Jaaku Sole (ジャアクソール, Jaaku Sōru): The feet. By stepping on the shadow of the object, it binds to the darkness and suppresses its actions. Also, when the Special Move is activated, the destructive power of the kick is greatly increased when an energy silhouette of the Jaaku Dragon is formed.
- Jaken Caliburdriver - Main transformation device
- Wonder Ride Books - Transformation trinkets
- Hissatsuholder - Carrying straps for Wonder Ride Books
- Ankokuken Kurayami - Transformation device and personal weapon
- Kento Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Espada - Hayato's son, to whom he is a loving father. Even after 15 years had passed, Hayato keeps on supporting Kento and gave him a pep-talk so that Kento can believe in his friends once more.
- Daichi Kamijo/Kamen Rider Saber (I)/Kamen Rider Calibur (II) - He fought alongside Hayato as Saber until Master Logos manipulating Hayato and start the War of Wonder World. Daichi ended up slaying him, but not before Hayato begging him to find the traitor inside Sword of Logos. Daichi later took the mantle of Calibur to honor his comrade last will, and finding the truth.
- Ryo Ogami/Kamen Rider Buster: Hayato's former old friend. During Ryo's youth, Hayato decide to test his worthiness as the new wielder of Dogouken Gekido by unleashing a Megid. Hayato trust him enough that he personally request Ryo to watch over Kento should anything bad happened to him, in which the latter complies.
- Sophia: Sophia suspects that Hayato betrayed the Sword of Logos, when in fact his powers were actually stolen. Hayato and Daichi, as spirits, would later aid her in the battle against Storious.
- Tetsuo Daishinji/Kamen Rider Slash: His old partner.
- Kenshin Nagamine/Kamen Rider Blades: His old partner.
- Yuri/Kamen Rider Saikou: to be added.
- Tassel: The person who saved him.
- Master Logos/Isaac/Kamen Rider Solomon: He manipulated him to start the War of Wonder World to ascend into godhood.
Behind the scenes
Hayato Fukamiya is portrayed by Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充, Karahashi Mitsuru), who previously portrayed Naoya Kaido in Kamen Rider 555, Juzo Fuwa in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, and the human form of Musashi Damashii in Kamen Rider Ghost. As Kamen Rider Calibur, his suit actor is Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司, Tominaga Kenji).
- As with the naming scheme of all the Saber Riders, Calibur is named after Excalibur, a legendary holy sword most famously wielded by King Arthur.
- As with the surname scheme of other members of Sword of Logos, Fukamiya, contains a homophone of the kanji Kami (神) meaning "god" or "deity".
to be added
- Although Hayato has stated that Kento is now taller than him, Calibur’s Rider Height (217.9 cm) is actually slightly taller than Espada’s (217.0 cm).