|This article is about a/an villain in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and Kamen Rider Ghost.|
The Bugster Horde
Hatena was part of an perpetually reviving army of Bugsters which emerged in the real world as a result of Kuroto Dan's plot to revive in the Game World. This endless horde was held off by Kamen Riders Brave and Snipe, sharing the Gashat Gear Dual β and Hunter Gamer between each other, while Emu was sent from CR to the Game World to stop Dan. Ultimately, the Bugster horde was suddenly dissipated in an instant as the destruction of the Game World brought about by Kazuma Kenzaki thwarted Dan's ambition to revive.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
Hatena Bugster is an extremely powerful monster. It overpowered Ghost's combination of 15 heroic souls, and even his infinity soul. The Bugster can open a portal to drop explosive blocks on his enemies. It also has the ability to transport Bugsters and their enemies to a proper battlefield of their game, similar to Gamer Driver's Stage Select.
- to be added
The Bugsters originate as the microscopic Bugster Virus (バグスターウイルス Bagusutā Uirusu), a result of humans being contaminated by the Bugster, thus developing the condition known as the Game Disease (ゲーム病 Gēmu-byō).
Behind the Scenes
- Hatena is one of the few Bugsters whose corresponding game is independent from Genm Corp.
- Hatena is also the only Bugster to spawn from a game of a modern format, specifically a mobile game app, as most Bugsters are modeled after characters from cartridge games.
- Ironically, despite being strong enough to effortlessly defeat Kamen Rider Ghost's strongest forms, including a form that combines the power of 15 souls, he ends up being defeated by a form that only combines the power of 3 souls. However, it could be assumed that he spent most of his energy on Ghost's strongest forms, and thus was running on fumes when he was up against Tenkatoitsu Damashii.
- Another reason may be that the Game Illness of Takeru affected his power drastically.
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
- Uchusen Yearbook 2018 - Page 10