|This article is about a/an weapon in Kamen Rider Drive.|
The Transcending Operating Handle-Ken (超絶運転ハンドル剣 Chōzetsu Unten Handoru Ken, lit. "Steering Wheel Sword" (Handle being the Japanese wording for "steering wheel")) is a bladed weapon wielded by Kamen Rider Drive, resembling Tridoron's steering wheel. It first appears in episode 4.
Shinnosuke is the one who names this weapon thanks to the rather oddly placed steering wheel on the hand guard, though Mr. Belt disapproves of the literal name. When the Handle-Ken is summoned, it comes from the front portion of Tridoron's hollow section.
A replica of the Handle-Ken is also wielded by the Imitation Drive.
The Handle-Ken is composed of the following parts:
- Turn Action Handle (ターンアクションハンドル Tān Akushon Handoru) - The steering wheel handle on the Handle-Ken. By rotating the steering wheel once, kinetic energy is gathered, making it possible to execute finishers and special attacks.
- Turn Ender (ターンエンダー Tān Endā) - A horn located on the centre of the Turn Action Handle. Beeping the Turn Ender sends the Turn Action Handle's accumulated kinetic energy towards the legs of the Rider, allowing them to perform high speed drift rotation attacks.
- High Slasher (ハイスラッシャー Hai Surasshā) - The translucent blue blade of the Handle-Ken, it was cut out of a mass of highly compressed energy particles. It develops a blade of energy that vibrates ultra-fast, and breaks down what it touches during the time of contact. Turning the Turn Action Handle can send accumulated energy to the High Slasher, allowing deathblows.
- SO-Frame Shaft (SO-フレームシャフト SO - Furēmu Shafuto ) - The gray alloy inside of the High Slasher, it is composed of compressed SO-1 Alloy (SO-1合金 SO - 1 Gōkin) frames stacked on top of one another. It holds energy between wach frame, maintaining a state in which deathblows can be executed at any time. Additionally, a special field formed by the SO-1 alloy can increase the motion speed of the user.
- Shift Landing Panel (シフトランディングパネル Shifuto Randingu Paneru) - A Shift Car recognition device installed on top of the grip. It reads the characteristics of inserted Shift Cars and utilises it during deathblows.
- Shift Link Transmitter (シフトリンクトランスミッター Shifuto Rinku Toransumittā) - A sensor for detecting signals from the Drive Driver installed underneath the Shift Landing Panel. It can also send optical signals back to the Drive Driver to shift each system to a deadly attack attitude.
- Full Throttle Trigger (フルスロットルトリガー Furu Surottoru Torigā) - The trigger of the Handle-Ken. When pulled, the energy stored in the blade is released, allowing high-powered slashing attacks.
- Edge Control Grip (エッジコントロールグリップ Ejji Kontorōru Gurippu) - The grip of the Handle-Ken. It is molded with a high density so that it can endure violent battle. A correction device inside of the Edge Control Grip adjusts the angle and speed of slashing, optimising the attack behavior of the user.
The Handle-Ken's blade is made from S0-1, an experimental compound that can also repair Shift Cars. The blade itself is very sharp albeit weirdly balanced, but it can be made even more powerful by turning the Turn Action Handle (ターンアクションハンドル Tān'akushon Handoru) steering wheel on the hilt, which announces "Turn" (ターン Tān) and powers up for the next attack. Initiating a third Turn motion in a row causes the Handle-Ken to instead announce "U-Turn" (Ｕターン Yū Tān) and allow Drive to execute the Turn Slash (ターンスラッシュ Tān Surasshu) attack, where he drifts across the battlefield before he strikes the enemy with a powerful slash.
The blade is composed of the SO-Frame Shaft (SO-フレームシャフト SO - Furēmu Shafuto), the grey alloy on the inside of the blade, and the High Slasher (ハイスラッシャー Hai Surasshā), the blue transparent outer part which can develop a blade of energy that cuts through anything at contact through high speed vibrations.
In terms of Drive's main forms, Type Wild is the most compatible with the Handle-Ken due to its enhanced strength and defensive capabilities fitting with the close range combat nature of this weapon.
Drive can use the Nin Shuriken in a similar manner to the Ninja Ichibantou simply by placing them on the Handle-Ken's insignia then spinning the shuriken and turning the steering wheel. When Tridoron transforms into an OtomoNin and combines with Shurikenjin, the Handle-Ken becomes part of a special control interface for Drive so that he can control the combined mecha with the Ninningers.
- Drift Slash (ドリフトスラッシュ Dorifuto Surasshu): To activate this attack, Drive must load a Shift Car into the Handle-Ken's Shift Landing Panel (シフトランディングパネル Shifuto Randingu Paneru) behind its blade or activate the Full Throttle via the Drive Driver and Shift Brace after turning his Drive Driver's Advanced Ignition.
- Speed: When Drive slashes an enemy, a blue automobile light trail appears and reflects a red then blue image of either a speedometer, a rev counter, or a fuel gauge on the target.
- Midnight Shadow: When Drive slashes, a giant energy shuriken is shot at the enemy.
- Dream Vegas: When Drive slashes an enemy three times, the number 7 appears with cards, chips, and lottery-related items bursting out, which then reflects an image of the number 777 on the target.
- Wild: Drive strikes the enemy with one energized slash before he spins rapidly and traps the target in a series of deadly spinning slashes until they are destroyed.
- Tridoron: Drive strikes the enemy with a couple of energized slashes as an energy projection of Tridoron spins around him and the target.
- Rumble Dump: Drive strikes the enemy with both the Rumble Smasher and energized slashes from the Handle-Ken as he spins rapidly and traps the target in a series of deadly spinning slashes and Rumble Smasher strikes until they are destroyed.
- Drift Rotation (ドリフト回転 Dorifuto Kaiten): To activate this attack, Drive must press the Handle-Ken's "horn" after turning its steering wheel once.
- Type Speed: Drive unleashes an enhanced spin slash that can destroy multiple enemies at once. A variation of this attack is similar to Type Wild's version where Drive spins on the ground and slashes the enemy several times as each slash makes a red light-like circle appear. This version is for a single target.
- Type Wild: Drive spins like a top and slashes the enemy several times as each slash makes a red light-like circle appear, while also leaving skid marks on the ground.
- Drift Slash (ドリフトスラッシュ Dorifuto Surasshu): When Gaim Drive Arms activates his Sengoku Driver's Squash function, his belt announces Hissatsu! Ah, Full Throttle! (必殺! あ、フルスロットル! Hissatsu! A, Furu Surottoru!, lit. "Finisher! Ah, Full Throttle!"), allowing him to slip on an orange road and use the Handle-Ken to slash his enemy with a red tire.
Legend Rider Weapon
The Handle-Ken is the Arms Weapon wielded by either an Armored Rider or a New Generation Rider when they transform into Drive Arms, which is assumed by Kamen Rider Gaim in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Drive & Gaim: Movie War Full Throttle. Though the only weapon of Drive Arms used onscreen, the Handle-Ken is paired with the Door-Ju in the Arms Change series.
- The way Drive turns the steering wheel on the Handle-Ken to empower his slash is similar to how Kiva Emperor Form slides the Zanvat-bat on the Zanvat Sword to power up his slash.
- Similar to Ryotaro Nogami/Den-O Liner Form and the lackluster christening of his DenKamen Sword's Densha Giri/Train Slash finisher, other characters disapprove of Shinnosuke's poor naming sense. In this case, Mr. Belt.
- In Type TV-KUN: Hunter & Monster! Chase The Mystery of The Super Thief!, the Monster is seen wielding the Handle-Ken by its blade.
- This is the only weapon to be used by Drive in all of his in-series forms (Type Speed, Type Wild, Type Technic, Type Dead Heat, Type Formula, and Type Tridoron).
- Of the three main Roidmude types, Cobra is the only one who has not gotten to wield the Handle-Ken at some point in the series (unless Banno using Roidmude 006 as a body for Gold Drive is counted).
|This article needs to be updated.
But the editor who placed this tag here didn't say what, exactly, should be updated.
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.