|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Blade.|
He is a mysterious man who is the Joker Undead, the most feared of the Undead as his victory in the Battle Fight would mark the end of all life on Earth. Unsealed around the time the other Undead were released, Joker battled the Mantis Undead and uses the sealed Category Ace of Hearts (Change Mantis) to become the wild card Kamen Rider Chalice. He later seals the Human Undead, who willingly surrendered to him without resistance, using the card to assume human form. The effect of prolonged use of both of these cards to assume their forms resulted in both the Human Undead's compassion for life and the Mantis Undead's fighting spirit collectively suppressing Chalice's natural destructive impulse as the Joker.
However, many of the Royal Club Undead who knew his true identity made attempts to dispose of him. One such attempt by the Giraffa Undead ended with an innocent bystander named Shin Kurihara a.k.a. Amane's father witnessing the battle being mortally wounded by accident in the skirmish. The dying photographer handed him a photograph of his family and Joker decides to protect his family in which he did to atone for his death. The Joker took on the identity of freelance photographer Hajime Aikawa since then. Though he thought less of humans originally, Hajime's time living at Jacaranda Cafe with Kurihara's family warmed him up to humans and eventually, he wished for himself to be human instead of being the Joker.
Though he and Kenzaki disliked each other earlier, Hajime's growing humanity eventually warms up to Kenzaki, who becomes a dear friend of his, then Garren and later to a limited extent, Mutsuki as well. But when the Caucasus Undead takes most of his cards, the sealed Mantis Undead among them, it causes Hajime to regress back into the Joker after attempting to resist until Leangle unseals Hajime's cards and use the Undead against him. Even after managing to reseal them all, the Joker failed to regain control and goes on a rampage until he is provided with the Evolution Paradoxa, allowing Hajime to finally have full control of himself. This allows him to even assume Wild Form, which he previously avoided to the best of his abilities, without losing control. This lasted until the Giraffa Undead was sealed, with Hajime losing control and his impulse as Joker bringing forth with the Stone of Sealing creating his army of Darkroaches to eliminate all humans.
In the end, Kenzaki is the only one to fight him head-on, with Hajime pleading Kenzaki to defeat and seal him. However, Kenzaki himself mutates into the Joker through the excessive use of King Form transformation in order to save Hajime and made his victory null, continuing the fight, retracting all unleashed Dark Roaches and prolonging destruction indefinitely. This effectively renders them rivals by instinct and they can never see each other again, or they would be forced to fight to the death for dominance the next time they meet. Moments after the battle, Hajime lives with the Kurihara family and was allowed to keep his Spirit Card to maintain the human disguise.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Chalice appears with other Kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai, but all are murdered by Decade in episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then conclude the dream with Decade as the only Rider in the Rider War.
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Chalice is seen as one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in the Rider War against Decade and were all destroyed. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade at the end of the Rider War and the worlds were restored.
As Kamen Rider Chalice, Hajime was also part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
When history is changed, Hajime becomes one of the brainwashed Riders.
But later, Hajime, alongside Mutsuki, Tachibana, and Kenzaki, aided the riders against Shocker after they despise how Shocker acts and also had themselves freed from brainwashing immediately thanks to Go and Yuto, including a now redeemed Kyoichiro for defeating them earlier, even after Takeshi Hongo alongside Hayato Ichimonji broke free from Rider Robo.
Unfortunately, Chalice was among the Riders whose existence was erased by the Rider Robo. This fate, however, was rendered moot when the Rider Robo was finally destroyed by Shurikenjin Tridoron, restoring Chalice's place in history.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears as a toy when Sento and Sougo find Ataru. He brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toy versions of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Appearances in other media
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type8. - The Strange Has a Match Strangely!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Ryuki with their prides at stake. Garren has a flush, Chalice a straight, and Shadow a full house, but Ryuki has nothing, a "pig hand". His opponents' hands are laid down, what will Ryuki do?
Ryuki uses Strange Vent to turn his opponents' playing cards into other types of cards! Garren now has floral picture cards, Chalice has poem cards, and Shadow has business cards of himself. Shadow hands out his business cards to the other players, introducing himself and requesting to get along. Whatever happens, Ryuki always finds a way to make friends.
Type16. - The Destroyer Destroys the Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Decade with their prides at stake. Garren has a flush, Chalice a straight, and Shadow a full house, but Decade has nothing, a "pig hand". His opponents' hands are laid down, what will Decade do?
Decade uses Final FormRide: Garren, Final FormRide: Chalice, and Final FormRide: General Shadow to turn his opponents into inanimate objects! Garren becomes a diamond-shaped traditional Japanese sweet, Chalice a heart-shaped block of chocolate, and Shadow a fishbowl. Decade then proceeds to gather all the Cell Medals on the table used as poker chips. And not a hint of malice.
Type22. - A Man's Lucky Food is Oden!
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears with Decade Complete Form, Exceed Gills and Orga. According to Momotaros Chalice's Wild Form is considered a lover for girls.
Type24. - I'll Investigate This Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Raia with their prides at stake. Garren has a flush, Chalice a straight, and Shadow a full house, but Raia…
Raia starts laying his cards out facedown and tells Shadow to pick one. Shadow flips one and finds that it says "bad luck". Raia hasn't been playing poker, he's been fortune telling! Shadow stands up and demands Raia play properly, but a large bowl falls on his head from above, knocking him out. Bad luck, indeed. Raia affirms that his fortune-telling is never wrong.
Type29. - Get it! The Stone of the King!
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears with Gatack, V3 and OOO Tajadol Combo. According to Kivat-bat the 3rd, Chalice's Wild Form is considered a least compatible match.
Type32. - The 13th Fights Infinitely!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Odin with their prides at stake. Garren has a flush, Chalice a straight, and Shadow a full house, but Odin has nothing, a "pig hand". His opponents' hands are laid down, what will Odin do?
Odin uses Time Vent to rewind the episode back to the beginning narration! Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Odin with their prides at stake… Kivat quickly catches on and realizes that Odin intends to keep restarting the game until he wins. The world exists for him.
Type39. - Ice Pop! Your White Self Matures Later!
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears with Imperer, Raia, and TheBee. According to Momotaros, Chalice Wild Form is considered a least compatible match
Type40. - The Match Ignores the Way of the Knight!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Knight with their prides at stake. Garren has a flush, Chalice a straight, and Shadow a full house, but Knight only has 1 pair. His opponents' hands are laid down, what will Knight do?
Knight uses Trick Vent to make two duplicates of himself! The three present their hand: 6 cards, 3 pair. Knight's opponents crumble in despair at his overwhelming hand. Thinking calmly can get Knight out of any situation.
Type43. - The Lawyer Likes Goro-chan!
Kamen Rider Chalice appears with Kaixa, Agito Trinity Form and OOO Ratoraba combo,according by Kivat-bat the 3rd Chalice is considered a least compatible match
Type48. - Searching for a Great Treasure Over the Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are having a poker duel with Diend with their prides at stake. Garren has a flush, Chalice a straight, and Shadow a full house, but Diend has nothing, a "pig hand"—this may be "the end" for Diend. His opponents' hands are laid down, what will Diend do?
Diend uses KamenRide: Riotroopers to summon three Riotroopers! The Riotroopers begin attending to his opponents, fanning Shadow, massaging Garren's shoulders and neck, and serving tea to Chalice. With the other players distracted, Diend slips out the back. Diend always knows to escape when he can't win.
Video Game Appearance
Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2
Chalice appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2, but he doesn't use his Wild form in any attack.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Chalice appears in Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes, he only uses his Wild form as the finisher move.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Hajime Aikawa appears as Kamen Rider Chalice and Joker Undead as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battride War
The Joker Undead appears as a boss in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War. He only appeared in one chapter, which is set in Kamen Rider Blade's Final Episode, also replaced by Albino Joker as the recurring villain in later chapters. In the second installment, he appears as Joker Undead and as a recurring ally.
Kamen Rider Battride War II
The Joker Undead appears as a recurring ally, in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War II. He only appeared in one chapter, which is set in Kamen Rider Blade's Missing Ace.
Kamen Rider Chalice in your default and Wild Form a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul,using all your diferent Rouzes Combos.
Hajime was initially aloof and a hostile individual towards others except to Amane and her mother prior of his promise towards Amane's father, while still a bit cold towards them. He viewed humans were nothing but a fool and also viewed the Kamen Riders were nothing but the unneeded one for joining the Royal Battle. He even once ran away from his promise to learn more about humans, but no avail.
Despite being a mean of the world's destruction, Hajime is not an underhanded individual and respected anyone who either serve as his allies or enemies, shown not only by the promise to protect Amane and her mom, but also the promise to the Human Undead to learn about humanity. Hajime also aided Kenzaki and Sakuya on certain situations despite they are yet completely befriended on each other.
- "What's the strongest is, the human's heart"
- ―Hajime's proclamation after accepting humanity's value
After accepting the worth of humanity, Hajime has a strong believe that humanity is the strongest above all. This belief also lead him to avoid on becoming Joker not only as a promise to the Human Undead anymore as he kept struggling when Kenzaki's doing on accessing King Form had forced Hajime to become Joker. Hajime also confident that Kenzaki won't kill him and back to his sense when Kenzaki was overloaded to become berserk in King Form for temporary. When Kenzaki chose to become the new Joker to save Hajime's fate and the world, Hajime's strong friendship with Kenzaki had him really grieve on losing him as Kenzaki has to stay away from him or they will be forced to fight.
In the climax episodes when Hajime became the winner of the Royal Battle, Hajime became frustated to be forced on destroying the world. His humanity even making him on commiting suicide to stop the fight, but no avail since Hajime is an Undead, the immortal being and begging to the rest of the riders to seal him.
Powers and Abilities
- Biological Immortality: As an Undead, Hajime can survive from any physical injuries, no matter how grave they may be.
- Undead Mimicking: Hajime is able to use a sealed Undead's Rouze Card to obtain said Undead's form and powers.
- Undead Tracking: As Undeads are attracted to each other by instinct.
- Security Door Unlocking: Somehow, he can break the security system of CR when touching the control panel and open the door.
- World Destruction: As a Joker, if he is the only Undead existing in a world, that world will be destroyed.
Kamen Rider Chalice's ending theme is entitled "Take it a try"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Eyesight: 5 km.
- Punching Power: 320 AP (3.2 t.)
- Kicking Power: 520 AP (5.2 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.8 sec.
- Hawk Tornado: 1400 MP (14 t.)
- Head Chop: 600 FP (6 t.)
- Plant Bio: 1600 MP (16 t.)
- Spinning Wave: 2000 AP (20 t.)
- Spinning Attack: 2600 AP (26 t.)
- Spinning Dance: 3600 AP (36 t.)
Ace Form (エースフォーム Ēsu Fōmu) is the default form of Kamen Rider Chalice assumed by scanning the Change Mantis Rouze Card in the Chalice Rouzer. Unlike the BOARD Riders, Chalice is not a Kamen Rider transformation produced by a Rider System. Chalice is the name of the Mantis Undead, whom Hajime mimics using his ability as the Joker Undead to assume the form of any other Undead. Though Chalice has especially high agility, he is superior to the Ace Forms of any of the BOARD Riders due to using the original Rouzer technology instead of an imitation. Chalice is equipped with the Mantis Undead's weapon, the Chalice Arrow, which can be combined with the Chalice Rouzer to scan Rouze Cards for special attacks instead of transformation.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 420 AP (4.2 t.)
- Kicking Power: 620 AP (6.2 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 60 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.5 sec.
- Wild Cyclone: 14600 AP (146 t.)
Kamen Rider Wild Chalice (仮面ライダーワイルドカリス Kamen Raidā Wairudo Karisu) is Chalice's most powerful form, accessed by scanning the Evolution Paradoxa Rouze Card in the Chalice Rouzer. This fuses Chalice with all of the Hearts Suit Rouze Cards in a similar manner to Blade's King Form. Accordingly, this form grants Chalice enough power to fight evenly with Blade in King Form, a feat that no other Rider is capable of. Outside of its effectiveness in combat, this form allows Hajime to suppress his instincts as the Joker Undead. In addition, Wild Chalice has the power to fuse all of the Hearts Suit Rouze Cards into the singular Wild Card. Wild Chalice is equipped with the Wild Slasher, which he can use individually for melee combat or combine with the Chalice Arrow.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
When the Joker Undead chose to assume a human identity, he used the Spirit Rouze Card to assume the form of the Human Undead and began using the alias Hajime Aikawa. From then on, Hajime preferred to always be in this transformation outside of battle, only cancelling the transformation and assuming his true form when absolutely forced to.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
When Hajime's Ace card was taken by the Eagle Undead, he used the Float Dragonfly Rouze Card to assume the form of the Dragonfly Undead. He later gave his Float Dragonfly card to Kenzaki to defeat the Eagle Undead. After doing so, Kenzaki returned the card to Hajime along with the Change Mantis Rouze Card.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
When Hajime lost all of his Rouze Cards, Kenzaki gave the Fusion Wolf card to him, which he used to assume the form of the Wolf Undead to battle Mutsuki. Since he harnesses the power of the Category Jack of Hearts, this form can be considered to be equivalent to Jack Form without the Rouze Absorber.
The Joker Undead is the true identity of Hajime Aikawa and the representative of death in the Battle Fight. When the Joker wins the Battle Fight by being the last Undead not sealed, the Stone of Sealing endlessly generates Darkroaches to exterminate all life on Earth. This happens when the Giraffa Undead is sealed, causing him to lose control of his Undead instincts and making him unable to take his human form with the Spirit Human Rouze Card. However, Kenzaki intentionally transformed himself into a second Joker Undead, restoring the Battle Fight and allowing Hajime to continue living as a human. However, if Kenzaki and Hajime ever crossed paths again, their Undead instincts would force them to fight each other.
- Chalice Rouzer: Chalice's transformation device
- Rouze Cards: Allow Chalice to transform into Undead or perform special attacks
- Chalice Arrow: Chalice's personal weapon
- Wild Slasher: Wild Chalice's primary weapon
- Shadow Chaser: Chalice's Rider Machine
Legend Rider Devices
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Chalice is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a WizarDriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Chalice.
- "(Digital beeping) Chalice!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "To be announced"
- ―Secondary activation announcement[src]
- "Rider Time! Change! Chalice!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! Change! Chalice!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]
- "To be announced"
- ―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]
Chalice Ridewatch (カリスライドウォッチ Karisu Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Chalice, this Ridewatch provides access to the ChaliceArmor. It is dated 2004. This Ridewatch was obtained after Zi-O Trinity defeated Another Blade, who had absorbed Kamen Rider Blade and Chalice's powers. Since then, it is in Zi-O's possession. This Ridewatch was one of the five winners of a poll held by Bandai to select Riders to be used in a five-pack of DX Ridewatches.
- Kamen Riders:
- Kenzaki Kazuma: Hajime initially viewed Kenzaki as an example of humanity who could defeat the Undead, giving some attempts to defeat him and hostile towards him. However, Kenzaki's curiosity towards the odd attitude of Hajime and many giving hands attempt lead to both have the strongest friendship bond. After Kenzaki's ultimate decision to become the new Joker, Hajime is the one with the strongest grief over his loss.
- Tachibana Sakuya: Like his view towards Kenzaki, Hajime initially saw Tachibana is as less worth as Kenzaki, but he didn't give more fight towards Tachibana due his less involvement in the battle field. After accepting humanity, he befriended with Tachibana too, albeit not as close as him towards Kenzaki.
- Mutsuki Kamijo: Hajime started his relationship towards Mutsuki when he was less hostile towards humanity. After accepting humanity, he viewed Mutsuki as a pathetic teenager when he succumbed from the Spider Undead, but he warned Mutsuki that his power is no match to him as a Joker. After Mutsuki finally regained his humanity, Hajime even told him to not fight him during the climax episode, shoing that Hajime has a strong friendship feelings towards Mutsuki. Mutsuki even trying to help Hajime by unseal an Undead, but no avail
- Amane Kurihara: Hajime initially viewed Amane as an object to learn about humanity while keeping the promise of her father to protect her and her father. But the time spend with her alongside the help of Kenzaki, grow the feelings of that a brother who is trying to protect his sister. He even do his best to keep his identity as both rider and an Undead a secret towards her so she won't get involved in the battle field.
Behind the scenes
- "Tell me, was it you? That Rider from before...you have the antibody for Amane."
"I don't know. What are you talking about?"
"Why hide the fact that you're a Rider--No--What is your purpose?"
"I don't know. I really don't know anything at all."
"Well, I'll tell her! I'll tell Amane that you're a Rider, and the number of times we've fought!"
"Say that again...and I'm going to kill you!"
- ―The full dialogue of the meme
In episode 6, Hajime's warning to Kenzaki "I will kill you!" (俺は貴様をぶっ殺す！ Ore wa kisama wo bukkorosu!) was popularly spread across the Internet due to his humorous facial expression, labeled as "Mukkorosu" (ムッコロス) by the Japanese community. This is also acknowledged as part of the Ondul family meme that was spawned by Kazuma Kenzaki in the original series. Actor Ryoji Morimoto has re-enacted this line during his appearances in public events.
- As acknowledged in the hero change battle between Kamen Rider Decade and Gokai Red in Super Hero Taisen, the Riders of Kamen Rider Blade share their card motifs with the heroes from Shotaro Ishinomori's second and last Sentai series J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai. Chalice's Hearts motif would make him Blade's equivalent of Heart Queen. His true identity as the Joker would also make him the equivalent of Big One.
- The name "Chalice" comes from the Minor Arcana version of the Suit of Hearts: the Suit of Cups which symbolize the emotion and love that Hajime acquired over the series.
- He is the only Rider in Blade that doesn't need a Rouze Absorber to use an upgrade form, as well as the only Rider who does not need AP to use Rouze Cards, although the AP counter and its usage is never a major point in the series.
- Hajime's name, which means "Beginning", is both ironic and symbolic: It is ironic, because he is supposed to bring about the end of the world, but it is also symbolic since his appearance as Joker symbolizes the beginning of the Battle Fight and the beginning of the end of the world.
- Hajime is the second Rider to become the "Final Boss" of a series, after Kamen Rider Odin, but before Kamen Riders Cronus and Evol.
- Hajime is a unique rider because all of his forms are originally the kaijin of the series:
- Kamen Rider Chalice form is a mimic of the Mantis Undead named Chalice.
- Human form is a mimic of the Human Undead.
- Joker is his true form, thus making Hajime the first rider who originally a kaijin while all Orphnoch in Kamen Rider 555 are humans who are evolved into monster by force.
- Kamen Rider Garren and Kamen Rider Chalice have been through a long-running debate by fans regarding their status as the Secondary Rider of Blade. Ultimately both Toei and Bandai confirm it to be Garren as revealed through further appearances in video games and merchandising which features Garren with the other Secondary Riders.  
- In fact, since the start of show in 2004, Chalice has already been set to be the Tertiary Rider. It is unknown why this debate was sparked although it can be suggested because of Chalice's popularity among certain fans.
- Although strangely, promotional posters released for Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, displays Chalice among the Secondary Riders and Garren among the Tertiary Riders.
- As his wish of being human was told by the Human Undead, Hajime's wish has been finally fulfilled 15 years after his final confrontation against Kenzaki as his Joker's powers were fused into Another Blade, thus having no longer the ability to transform.
- Ironically, Sougo restarted and renew the timeline from 2018 prior he was yet a Kamen Rider. This ultimately lead Hajime to become an Undead again
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Chalice.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Rouze Cards.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Wild Chalice.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 TV Asahi. (2004). Human Undead.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 TV Asahi. (2004). Dragonfly Undead.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 TV Asahi. (2004). Wolf Undead.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 TV Asahi. (2004). Joker Undead.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhZ4TRueNY0
- ↑ https://twitter.com/yamashiron_yam/status/933265718321102848
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑