|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Blade.|
- 1 History
- 2 Post series and other events
- 3 Appearances in other media
- 3.1 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 3.1.1 Type8. - The Strange Has a Match Strangely!
- 3.1.2 Type16. - The Destroyer Destroys the Match!
- 3.1.3 Type22. - A Man's Lucky Food is Oden!
- 3.1.4 Type24. - I'll Investigate This Match!
- 3.1.5 Type29. - Get it! The Stone of the King!
- 3.1.6 Type32. - The 13th Fights Infinitely!
- 3.1.7 Type39. - Ice Pop! Your White Self Matures Later!
- 3.1.8 Type40. - The Match Ignores the Way of the Knight!
- 3.1.9 Type43. - The Lawyer Likes Goro-chan!
- 3.1.10 Type48. - Searching for a Great Treasure Over the Match!
- 3.1.11 TypeEX. - Quietly Listen! The Sole Old-Model Rider
- 3.1 OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
- 4 Video Game Appearance
- 4.1 Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
- 4.2 All Kamen Rider Series
- 4.3 Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
- 4.4 Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
- 4.5 Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
- 4.6 Kamen Rider Riderbout
- 4.7 Kamen Rider: Battride War series
- 4.8 Kamen Rider Batton-Line
- 4.9 Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
- 4.10 Kamen Rider City Wars
- 5 Other Game appearances
- 6 Personality
- 7 Powers and Abilities
- 8 Forms
- 9 Equipment
- 10 Legend Rider Devices
- 11 Relationships
- 12 Behind the scenes
- 13 Notes
- 14 Appearances
- 15 References
- 16 See also
He is a mysterious man who is the Joker Undead, the most fearsome of the Undead as his victory in the Battle Fight would mark the end of all life on Earth. Unsealed around the time the other Undead were released, Joker battled the Mantis Undead and uses the sealed Category Ace of Hearts (Change Mantis) to become the wild card Kamen Rider Chalice. He later seals the Human Undead, who willingly surrendered to him without resistance, using the card to assume human form. The effect of prolonged use of both of these cards to assume their forms resulted in both the Human Undead's compassion for life and the Mantis Undead's fighting spirit collectively suppressing Chalice's natural destructive impulse as the Joker.
However, many of the Royal Club Undead who knew his true identity made attempts to dispose of him. One such attempt by the Giraffa Undead ended with an innocent bystander named Shin Kurihara a.k.a. Amane's father witnessing the battle being mortally wounded by accident in the skirmish. The dying photographer handed him a photograph of his family and Joker decides to protect his family in which he did to atone for his death. The Joker took on the identity of freelance photographer Hajime Aikawa since then. Though he thought less of humans originally, due to the misunderstandings, misgivings and misfortunes he has from a few he encountered seeing him only as a monster such as Jin Ichinose, who blames him for destroying his lifelong dream, but Hajime's time living at Jacaranda Cafe with Kurihara's family warmed him up to humans and eventually, he wished for himself to be human instead of being the Joker.
Though he and Kazuma disliked each other earlier, Hajime's growing humanity eventually warms up to Kazuma, who becomes a dear friend of his, then Garren and later to a limited extent, Mutsuki as well. However, when the Caucasus Undead takes most of his cards, the sealed Mantis Undead among them, it causes Hajime to regress back into the Joker after attempting to resist until Leangle unseals Hajime's cards and use the Undead against him. Even after managing to reseal them all, the Joker failed to regain control and goes on a rampage until he is provided with the Evolution Paradoxa, allowing Hajime to finally have full control of himself. This allows him to even assume Wild Form, which he previously avoided to the best of his abilities, without losing control. This lasted until the Giraffa Undead was sealed, with Hajime losing control and his impulse as Joker bringing forth with the Stone of Sealing creating his army of Darkroachi to eliminate all humans.
In the end, Kazuma is the only one to fight him head-on, with Hajime pleading Kazuma to defeat and seal him. However, Kazuma himself mutates into the Joker through the excessive use of King Form transformation in order to save Hajime and made his victory null, continuing the fight, retracting all unleashed Dark Roaches and prolonging destruction indefinitely. This effectively renders them rivals by instinct and they can never see each other again, or they would be forced to fight to the death for dominance the next time they meet. Moments after the battle, Hajime lives with the Kurihara family and was allowed to keep his Spirit Card to maintain the human disguise.
Post series and other events
To be added
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Chalice appears with other Kamen Riders commanded by Wataru Kurenai, but all are murdered by Decade in episode 1 of Kamen Rider Decade in the dream of Natsumi Hikari and then conclude the dream with Decade as the only Rider in the Rider War.
The Destroyer of Worlds
In the special version of episode 31, Kamen Rider Chalice is seen as one of the many Kamen Riders who fought in the Rider War against Decade and were all destroyed. They were presumably restored after the destruction (and subsequent revival) of Decade at the end of the Rider War and the worlds were restored.
As Kamen Rider Chalice, Hajime was also part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
When history is changed, Hajime becomes one of the brainwashed Riders.
But later, Hajime, alongside Mutsuki, Tachibana, and Kenzaki, aided the riders against Shocker after they despise how Shocker acts and also had themselves freed from brainwashing immediately thanks to Go and Yuto, including a now redeemed Kyoichiro for defeating them earlier, even after Takeshi Hongo alongside Hayato Ichimonji broke free from Rider Robo.
Unfortunately, Chalice was among the Riders whose existence was erased by the Rider Robo. This fate, however, was rendered moot when the Rider Robo was finally destroyed by Shurikenjin Tridoron, restoring Chalice's place in history.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears as a toy , when Sento Kiryu and Sougo Tokiwa they find Ataru Hisanagahe brings them to his room which is filled with Kamen Rider memorabilia, with Sougo and Sento stunned to see toys of themselves. Ataru reveals that Kamen Riders are fictional.
Appearances in other media
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders: ~Let's Look! Only Your 48 Riders~
Type8. - The Strange Has a Match Strangely!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Rider Poker Battle ,Garren had an impressive and flush hand,Chalice a strigth hand ,General Shadow also had a strategy in his hand,but Kamen Rider Ryuki is very different his probability to had the victory , when all present his hand Ryuki uses Strange Vent change the cards of all players except Ryuki , Chalice had of another card game , finally, General Shadow gives his business cards to all Chalice equal the all accept.
Type16. - The Destroyer Destroys the Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Poker card battle ,Garren start with a good hand impressive and flush, Chalice with a Straigth hand ,General Shadow with a good Strategy in his hand ,but Kamen Rider Decade dont had a good hand this use Final Form Rider Card transforming all the players except Decade in different articles Chalice is transformed into Chocolate Hearth.
Type22. - A Man's Lucky Food is Oden!
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears with Decade Complete Form, Exceed Gills and Orga. According to Momotaros Chalice's Wild Form is considered a lover for girls.
Type24. - I'll Investigate This Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Riders Poker Battle ,the card battle star ,with Garren that had a good hand impressive and flush ,later Chalice that had a strategy in his hand for the had the victory , General Shadow also had good had fot the winn,butKamen Rider Raia don't have the same lucky ,this lining the cards up,Chalice is a testify when Raia Choose a General Shadow as a volunteer and ends up choosing wrong also Chalice see how a metal pot falls in the sky rendering Generakl Shadow him unconscious.
Type29. - Get it! The Stone of the King!
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears with Gatack, V3 and OOO Tajadol Combo. According to Kivat-Bat the 3rd, Chalice's Wild Form is considered a least compatible match.
Type32. - The 13th Fights Infinitely!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in he poker card battle, Garren starts with a good impressive hand, Chalice with a good strategy hand ,General Shadow he is not far behind he also has a good hand, but Kamen Rider Odin hand a bad hand and this don't had an option to had the victory , when all players show up his hand Odin uses Time vent revert all the game making it all start the same but Odin know all the strategies of your opponents for had the win.
Type39. - Ice Pop! Your White Self Matures Later!
Kamen Rider Chalice Wild Form appears with Imperer, Raia, and TheBee. According to Momotaros, Chalice Wild Form is considered a least compatible match.
Type40. - The Match Ignores the Way of the Knight!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Rider Poker Battle,the card duel star with Garren that had a good hand impressive and flush ,later the Chalice that hab a strategy to had the victory and General Shadow that also is another candita to had the victory ,but Kamen Rider Knight is different and is very probably that this lose the game ,when all show his cards knight use Trick Vent and revels 6 cards 3 pairs causing everyone to lose the game except him.
Type43. - The Lawyer Likes Goro-chan!
Kamen Rider Chalice appears with Kaixa, Agito Trinity Form and OOO Ratoraba combo,according by Kivat-Bat the 3rd Chalice is considered a least compatible match.
Type48. - Searching for a Great Treasure Over the Match!
Card Riders Garren and Chalice along with General Shadow are seen in the Card Rider Poker Batlle ,the poker battle star with Garren that hab a hand is impressive, its flush ,later Chalice that had a good posibility to had win also the General Shadow had a another strategy ,but Kamen Rider Diend with a bad hand change his plans summoned the three Riotroopers one of them gave him hot tea to Chalice,this accept finally Diend leaves the Poker Battle.
TypeEX. - Quietly Listen! The Sole Old-Model Rider
Kamen Rider Wild Chalice appears with Ryuki, Agito Trinity Form and Drake. According to Sieg, Wild Chalice would make a splendid husband.
Video Game Appearance
Kamen Rider Blade (video game)
All Kamen Rider Series
All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
Chalice appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution amoung other Riders using al his Rouses combos , but he doesn't use his Wild form in any attack.
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2
Chalice appears in All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2, but he doesn't use his Wild form in any attack.
Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes
Chalice appears in Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes, with Wild Chalice being locked as his finisher move.
Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride
Hajime Aikawa appears as Kamen Rider Chalice and Joker Undead as a playable character in this video game Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride.
Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing
Hajime as Chalice appears as an of the many Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing he is an unlocked character using his Rouses Combos against his enemies, also he has his Wild Form in the videogame.
Kamen Rider Riderbout
Kamen Rider Chalice ,Wild Chalice and Joker Undead appears as a playable character with the other Heisei and Showa kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Riderbout.
Kamen Rider: Battride War series
Kamen Rider Battride War
The Joker Undead appears as a boss in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War. He only appeared in one chapter, which is set in Kamen Rider Blade's Final Episode, also replaced by Albino Joker as the recurring villain in later chapters. In the second installment, he appears as Joker Undead and as a recurring ally.
Kamen Rider Battride War II
The Joker Undead appears as a recurring ally, in the video game Kamen Rider: Battride War II. He only appeared in one chapter, which is set in Kamen Rider Blade's Missing Ace.
Kamen Rider Batton-Line
Kamen Rider Chalice appears as a playable character in Kamen Rider Batton-Line among other Riders in the game,also appears as Joker Undead.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Chalice and Wild Chalice are a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Kamen Rider City Wars
Kamen Rider Chalice and Wild Chalice is a playable character alongside the other Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider City Wars.
Other Game appearances
Masked Rider Expansion
Kamen Rider Chalice and his Wild Form appears as a playable character in this trading card game with other Kamen Rider Kamen Rider Heisei-Era , Showa-Era,super sentai,Metal Heroes and other Heroes.
Kamen Rider Chalice, Wild Chalice, and Joker Undead appears with other Kamen Riders and Monsters in Battle Spirits.
Hajime was initially aloof and a hostile individual towards others except to Amane and her mother prior of his promise towards Amane's father, while still a bit cold towards them. He viewed humans were nothing but fools, as well as the Kamen Riders, being unneeded for the Battle Fight. He even once ran away from his promise to learn more about humans, but no avail.
Despite being a mean of the world's destruction, Hajime is not an underhanded individual and respected anyone who either serve as his allies or enemies, shown not only by the promise to protect Amane and her mom, but also the promise to the Human Undead to learn about humanity. Hajime also aided Kazuma and Sakuya on certain situations despite they are yet completely befriended on each other.
- "What's the strongest is, the human's heart"
- ―Hajime's proclamation after accepting humanity's value
After accepting the worth of humanity, Hajime has a strong believe that humanity is the strongest above all. This belief also lead him to avoid on becoming Joker not only as a promise to the Human Undead anymore as he kept struggling when Kazuma's doing on accessing King Form had forced Hajime to become Joker. Hajime also confident that Kenzaki won't kill him and back to his sense when Kenzaki was overloaded to become berserk in King Form for temporary. When Kazuma chose to become the new Joker to save Hajime's fate and the world, Hajime's strong friendship with Kazuma had him really grieve on losing him as Kazuma has to stay away from him or they will be forced to fight.
In the climax episodes when Hajime became the winner of the Royal Battle, Hajime became frustated to be forced on destroying the world. His humanity even making him on commiting suicide to stop the fight, but no avail since Hajime is an Undead, the immortal being and begging to the rest of the riders to seal him.
Powers and Abilities
- Biological Immortality: As an Undead, Hajime can survive from any physical injuries, no matter how grave they may be.
- Undead Mimicking: Hajime is able to use a sealed Undead's Rouse Card to obtain said Undead's form and powers.
- Undead Tracking: As Undeads are attracted to each other by instinct.
- World Destruction: As a Joker, if he is the only Undead existing in a world, that world will be destroyed.
Kamen Rider Chalice's ending theme is entitled "Take it a try"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Eyesight: 5 km.
- Punching Power: 320 AP (3.2 t.)
- Kicking Power: 520 AP (5.2 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 45 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.8 sec.
- Hawk Tornado: 1400 MP (14 t.)
- Head Chop: 600 FP (6 t.)
- Plant Bio: 1600 MP (16 t.)
- Spinning Wave: 2000 AP (20 t.)
- Spinning Attack: 2600 AP (26 t.)
- Spinning Dance: 3600 AP (36 t.)
Ace Form (エースフォーム Ēsu Fōmu) is the default form of Kamen Rider Chalice assumed by scanning the Change Mantis Rouse Card in the Chalice Rouzer. Unlike the BOARD Riders, Chalice is not a Kamen Rider transformation produced by a Rider System. Chalice is the name of the Mantis Undead, whom Hajime mimics using his ability as the Joker Undead to assume the form of any other Undead. Though Chalice has especially high agility, he is superior to the Ace Forms of any of the BOARD Riders due to using the original Rouzer technology instead of an imitation. Chalice is equipped with the Mantis Undead's weapon, the Chalice Arrow, which can be combined with the Chalice Rouzer to scan Rouse Cards for special attacks instead of transformation.
Appearances: Blade Episodes 1-9, 10 (flashback; archive footage only), 11-13, 15-26, 29-31, 32 (flashback only), 36-38, 40, 41 (imaginary only), 42-49,Decade Episodes 1, 31 (Special Version only),Let's Go Kamen Riders, Super Hero Taisen GP, Heisei Generations FOREVER (as a toy).
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Punching Power: 420 AP (4.2 t.)
- Kicking Power: 620 AP (6.2 t.)
- Maximum Jump Height: 60 m.
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m. per 4.5 sec.
- Wild Cyclone: 14600 AP (146 t.)
Kamen Rider Wild Chalice (仮面ライダーワイルドカリス Kamen Raidā Wairudo Karisu) is Chalice's most powerful form, accessed by scanning the Evolution Paradoxa Rouse Card in the Chalice Rouzer. This fuses Chalice with all of the Hearts Suit Rouse Cards in a similar manner to Blade's King Form. Accordingly, this form grants Chalice enough power to fight evenly with Blade in King Form, a feat that no other Rider is capable of. Outside of its effectiveness in combat, this form allows Hajime to suppress his instincts as the Joker Undead. In addition, Wild Chalice has the power to fuse all of the Hearts Suit Rouse Cards into the singular Wild Card. Wild Chalice is equipped with the Wild Slasher, which he can use individually for melee combat or combine with the Chalice Arrow.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
When the Joker Undead chose to assume a human identity, he used the Spirit Rouse Card to assume the form of the Human Undead and began using the alias Hajime Aikawa. From then on, Hajime preferred to always be in this transformation outside of battle, only cancelling the transformation and assuming his true form when absolutely forced to.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
When Hajime's Ace card was taken by the Eagle Undead, he used the Float Dragonfly Rouse Card to assume the form of the Dragonfly Undead. He later gave his Float Dragonfly card to Kenzaki to defeat the Eagle Undead. After doing so, Kenzaki returned the card to Hajime along with the Change Mantis Rouse Card.
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
When Hajime lost all of his Rouse Cards, Kenzaki gave the Fusion Wolf card to him, which he used to assume the form of the Wolf Undead to battle Mutsuki. Since he harnesses the power of the Category Jack of Hearts, this form can be considered to be equivalent to Jack Form without the Rouse Absorber.
The Joker Undead is the true identity of Hajime Aikawa and the representative of death in the Battle Fight. When the Joker wins the Battle Fight by being the last Undead not sealed, the Stone of Sealing endlessly generates Darkroachi to exterminate all life on Earth. This happens when the Giraffa Undead is sealed, causing him to lose control of his Undead instincts and making him unable to take his human form with the Spirit Human Rouse Card. However, Kenzaki intentionally transformed himself into a second Joker Undead, restoring the Battle Fight and allowing Hajime to continue living as a human. However, if Kenzaki and Hajime ever crossed paths again, their Undead instincts would force them to fight each other.
- Chalice Rouzer: Chalice's transformation device
- Rouse Cards: Allow Chalice to transform into Undead or perform special attacks
- Chalice Arrow: Chalice's personal weapon
- Wild Slasher: Wild Chalice's primary weapon
- Shadow Chaser: Chalice's Rider Machine
Legend Rider Devices
This Rider Ring which bears the likeness of Kamen Rider Chalice is exclusive to Kamen Rider Wizard's Wizard Ring toyline. When used by a Wizardriver wearer, it would be able to summon Kamen Rider Chalice.
- "(Digital beeping) Chalice!"
- ―Activation announcement[src]
- "To be announced"
- ―Secondary activation announcement[src]
- "Rider Time! Change! Chalice!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's right-hand slot[src]
- "(Right-hand Ridewatch's announcement)! Armor Time! Change! Chalice!"
- ―Transformation announcement in the Ziku-Driver's left-hand slot[src]
- "(King) Finish Time! Chalice! Spinning (Barlckxs/Zonjis/Zamonas/King) Time (Break/Burst/Jack)!"
- ―Finisher announcement in left-hand slot[src]
Chalice Ridewatch (カリスライドウォッチ Karisu Raidowotchi): Based on Kamen Rider Chalice, this Ridewatch provides access to the ChaliceArmor. It is dated 2004. This Ridewatch was obtained after Zi-OTrinity defeated Another Blade, who had absorbed Kamen Rider Blade and Chalice's powers. Since then, it is in Zi-O's possession. This Ridewatch was one of the five winners of a poll held by Bandai to select Riders to be used in a five-pack of DX Ridewatches.
- Kamen Riders:
- Kenzaki Kazuma: Hajime initially viewed Kenzaki as an example of humanity who could defeat the Undead, giving some attempts to defeat him and hostile towards him. However, Kenzaki's curiosity towards the odd attitude of Hajime and many giving hands attempt lead to both have the strongest friendship bond. After Kenzaki's ultimate decision to become the new Joker, Hajime is the one with the strongest grief over his loss.
- Tachibana Sakuya: Like his view towards Kenzaki, Hajime initially saw Tachibana is as less worth as Kenzaki, but he didn't give more fight towards Tachibana due his less involvement in the battle field. After accepting humanity, he befriended with Tachibana too, albeit not as close as him towards Kenzaki.
- Mutsuki Kamijo: Hajime started his relationship towards Mutsuki when he was less hostile towards humanity. After accepting humanity, he viewed Mutsuki as a pathetic teenager when he succumbed from the Spider Undead, but he warned Mutsuki that his power is no match to him as a Joker. After Mutsuki finally regained his humanity, Hajime even told him to not fight him during the climax episode, shoing that Hajime has a strong friendship feelings towards Mutsuki. Mutsuki even trying to help Hajime by unseal an Undead, but no avail
- Amane Kurihara: Hajime initially viewed Amane as an object to learn about humanity while keeping the promise of her father to protect her and her father. But the time spend with her alongside the help of Kenzaki, grow the feelings of that a brother who is trying to protect his sister. He even do his best to keep his identity as both rider and an Undead a secret towards her so she won't get involved in the battle field.
Behind the scenes
- "Tell me, was it you? You're that Rider from before...and you have the antibody for Amane."
"I'm sorry, what are you talking about?"
"Why do you hide the fact that you're a Rider--No--What is your purpose?"
"I don't know. I really don't know anything at all."
"Well, I'll tell her! I'll tell Amane that you're a Rider, and the number of times we've fought!"
"Try to tell her that...and I'm going to kill you!"
- ―The full dialogue of the meme
In episode 6, Hajime's warning to Kenzaki "I will kill you!" (俺は貴様をぶっ殺す！ Ore wa kisama wo bukkorosu!) was popularly spread across the Internet due to his humorous facial expression, labeled as "Mukkorosu" (ムッコロス) by the Japanese community due to Hajime's slurring of the line making it sound like Ore~a, kusamuwomukkorosu! (ｵﾚｧ､ｸｻﾑｦﾑｯｺﾛｽ!). This is also acknowledged as part of the Ondul family meme that was spawned by Kazuma Kenzaki in the original series. Actor Ryoji Morimoto has re-enacted this line during his appearances in public events.
- As acknowledged in the hero change battle between Kamen Rider Decade and Gokai Red in Super Hero Taisen, the Riders of Kamen Rider Blade share their card motifs with the heroes from Shotaro Ishinomori's second and last Sentai series J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai. Chalice's Hearts motif would make him Blade's equivalent of Heart Queen. His true identity as the Joker would also make him the equivalent of Big One.
- The name "Chalice" comes from the Minor Arcana version of the Suit of Hearts: the Suit of Cups which symbolize the emotion and love that Hajime acquired over the series.
- He is the only Rider in Blade that doesn't need a Rouse Absorber to use an upgrade form, as well as the only Rider who does not need AP to use Rouse Cards, although the AP counter and its usage is never a major point in the series.
- Hajime's name, which means "Beginning", is both ironic and symbolic: It is ironic, because he is supposed to bring about the end of the world, but it is also symbolic since his appearance as Joker symbolizes the beginning of the Battle Fight and the beginning of the end of the world.
- Hajime is the second Rider to become the "Final Boss" of a series, after Kamen Rider Odin, but before Kamen Riders Cronus and Evol.
- Hajime is a unique rider because all of his forms are originally the monsters of the series:
- Kamen Rider Chalice is a mimic of the Mantis Undead named Chalice.
- His human form is a mimic of the Human Undead.
- Joker is his true form, thus making Hajime the first rider who is originally a monsters while all Orphnoch in Kamen Rider 555 are humans who are evolved into monsters by force.
- Kamen Rider Garren and Kamen Rider Chalice have been through a long-running debate by fans regarding their status as the Secondary Rider of Blade. Ultimately both Toei and Bandai confirm it to be Garren as revealed through further appearances in video games and merchandising which features Garren with the other Secondary Riders.  
- In fact, since the start of show in 2004, Chalice has already been set to be the Tertiary Rider. It is unknown why this debate was sparked although it can be suggested because of Chalice's popularity among certain fans.
- Part of this misconception may stem from the fact that in both of Blade's opening sequences, Hajime's actor is given second billing right after Kenzaki's actor. In most Kamen Rider openings, second billing is given to either the season's secondary Rider or a supporting character who has a very close relationship with the main Rider, except in episodes where either of those characters don't appear.
- Although strangely, promotional posters released for Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer, displays Chalice among the Secondary Riders and Garren among the Tertiary Riders.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Chalice.
- Kamen Rider Official Data/Perfect File.
- Rouse Cards.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Kamen Rider Wild Chalice.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Human Undead.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Dragonfly Undead.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Wolf Undead.
- TV Asahi. (2004). Joker Undead.
- Official Perfect Books Celebrate The Zi-O Completion
- Shinmei - Original Wolf Undead