|This article is about a/an rider in the TV special Kamen Rider G.|
- "Have a taste...of my mix of evil and justice flavors!"
Goro (吾郎 Gorō) is Kamen Rider G (仮面ライダーG Kamen Raidā Jī), a Kamen Rider created for the 10th anniversary of the Heisei Riders and the 50th anniversary of TV Asahi, in the mini-production Kamen Rider G.
Kamen Rider G
Goro was a guinea pig in Shade (シェード Shēdo) for tests and was wiped of his memories. When he sees that his girlfriend Eri Hinata (Yumiko Shaku) is amongst the hostages Shade has taken, he regains his memories and turns on the Shade terrorists. Oda is forced to reveal himself as the Phylloxera Worm, and reveals that several other Shade members have been converted into Worms. Goro transforms into Kamen Rider G to take on the Worms, defeating them all save for Phylloxera who is much too strong for him.
Just then, Kamen Rider Decade and the other Heisei Riders appear to give Kamen Rider G the confidence he needed to destroy the Phylloxera Worm with his Swirling Rider Kick. As the Phylloxera Worm says in his last breath that the war is not over, Goro proclaims that he will protect the world from Shade's evil influence, before he can reunite with Eri.
Along with a transformation pose that draws the letter "G" in the air with both arms, Goro wears his own wine bottle on the belt buckle with a shout: "Now, my vintage is at a good time... Henshin!" (今、僕のヴィンテージが芳醇の時を迎える……変身！ Ima, boku no vu~intēji ga hōjun no toki o mukaeru…… Henshin!).
- Rider Height:
- Rider Weight:
- Punching Power:
- Kicking Power:
- Maximum Jump Height:
- Maximum Running Speed:
A large "G" is placed around the eyes and chest of the whole body, which is composed of the basic colors black and red. "O" is placed on the ear, and when viewed from the left, it can be read as "GO" along with the surroundings of the eyes. The helmet, including the mask part, can be removed without canceling his transformation.
G's powers are mostly based on wine, and even his weapon is based on a bottle opener. By activating a switch on his belt, he can perform the Swirling Rider Kick (スワリング・ライダーキック Suwaringu Raidā Kikku), which is similar to Faiz's Crimson Smash. This name of the technique is shouted by G himself, and the letter "G" appears in the blast of the enemy that he defeated.
Kamen Rider G's transformation belt resembles a wing-type corkscrew. He transforms by inserting a small wine bottle into the belt and then pulling the lever, similar to how a wing-type corkscrew is normally used. In addition, its power source in wine bottle necessary to execute the Swirling Rider Kick is filled into the whole body by further pushing the left part of the buckle.
- Wine Bottle (ワインボトル Wain Botoru): Doesn't have any official name, it is a special wine bottle with a special label "GORO". The contents seem to contain some kind of power source, and it is used to transform into Kamen Rider G and activate the Swirling Rider Kick. The year of its wine's manufacture is 1973.
Kamen Rider G can summon an unnamed sword resembling a sommelier knife from the "G" symbol on his chest. The sword has two retractable blades and its handle is in the shape of the letter G.
- Main article: Hurricane (Reboot)
Behind the scenes
- His name is directly lifted from the name of the actor, Goro Inagaki.
- It is not known how Goro got his Rider powers, but it can be presumed that his powers came with Shade's modification of his body and that his Rider form is the form of "Cyborg Code G".
- Despite being an one-off Rider, G's use of a beverage to transform is a concept that would later be used by the New Generation Riders in Kamen Rider Gaim.
- G returned in Kamen Rider Zi-O: Over Quartzer as part of an army of extra Riders which included the Goriders, the manga incarnation of Kuuga, Brain and Zangetsu Kachidoki Arms.
- The year of its wine's manufacture is also the birth year for Gorō Inagaki, the actor of Goro.