|This article is about a/an Mirror Monster in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
The Gigazelle (ギガゼール Gigazēru, 3, 4 & 39-44) race are a group of Kamen Rider Imperer's Contract Monsters. The Gigazelles were originally rogue Mirror Monsters that moved in groups until they became Kamen Rider Imperer's Contracts. They were able to summon other antelope Mirror Monsters via electric signals and could be equipped with a staff with twin drills.
- 1 History
- 2 Video Game appearances
- 3 Attacks
- 4 Armaments
- 5 Behind the Scenes
- 6 Notes
- 7 Appearances
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
Kamen Rider Ryuki
They are fast enough to flee before a Rider can sense their presence, causing confusion between Ren and Shinji over how many were present. A gold Gigazelle tried to attack a schoolgirl, but was intercepted and destroyed by Ryuki's Dragclaw Fire. Afterwards, its pack members, a green Gigazelle and a Megazelle, attacked the same school; the Gigazelle was destroyed by Ryuki's Dragon Rider Kick.
A third quickly appeared and was destroyed by Zolda's Gigalauncher without any trouble.
A stray Gigazelle was photographed by Shimada as it tried attacking her, giving the ORE Journal proof of monsters inside mirrors.
As a prelude to Imperer's arrival, a dozen Gigazelles and other Zelles were on the attack until they were all wiped out by Ryuki Survive's Dragon Firestorm.Many more would accompany Imperer following his debut, especially during his Final Vent attack.
Imperer's specific Gigazelle he is Contracted with is rarely seen alone, usually having a swarm of other Gigazelle, Magazelle, and Omegazelle around it, which cooperate to support the Rider. It is likely the Gigazelle which dragged Yui into the Mirror World , and the one Gigazelle among the smaller crowd of one of each Zelle seen on several occasions, such as when Imperer tried to throw his Deck away.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kamen Rider Wizard
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuki video game
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation
Gigazelles appear as regular enemies in the video game All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation.
- Drive Divider (ドライブディバイダー Doraibu Dibaidā): Imperer's Final Vent; Gigazelle and many other Zelle monsters stampede past and hit the target before Imperer jumps up and grabs their head, kneeing them in the jaw.
Through the use of certain Advent Cards, parts of Gigazelle's body can be used by Imperer as weapons or other equipment.
- Gazellestab (ガゼルスタッブ Gazeru Sutabbu): An arm-mounted pair of drills derived from Gigazelle's horns and forehead. It is summoned by Imperer's Spin Vent card.
Behind the Scenes
Gigazelle was designed by Tamotsu Shinohara (篠原 保 Shinohara Tamotsu).
- In truth, only a purple Gigazelle suit exists, the apparent presence of other colored varieties being the result of off-camera colored spotlights shining on the suit. This can be clearly seen when the "gold" Gigazelle (episode 3) holds its weapon up and its gold face suddenly becomes purple, as the weapon is blocking the yellow light.
- Additionally, there is likely only one suit, the rest in any crowd either being filmed in different takes or CGI.
- Kamen Rider Ryuki
- Kamen Rider Ryuki: Ryuki vs Kamen Rider Agito
- Kamen Rider Decade
- Episode 6: Battle Trial: Ryuki World
- Kamen Rider Wizard
- Episode 52: The Kamen Rider Rings (archive footage only)
- Gigazelle (Dragon Knight) - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.
- Wild Gigazelles - counterpart in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. See comparison page.