|This article is about a/an corporation in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
Under Masamune Dan
Genm Corp. was founded by Masamune Dan sometime before 2000. By the age of 14, Masamune's son Kuroto was one of the lead developers for the company, designing and developing some of the company's best-selling games.
In the year 2000, the Y2K event created glitches in Genm Corp.'s game software, manifesting as a new variety of computer virus, which would later be known as the Bugster virus. Kuroto and Masamune were the first to discover the virus, each using it for their own purposes: Masamune infected himself with the virus, and Kuroto infected the then 8-year-old Emu Hojo by sending him a game demo containing the virus.
During the development of their newest video games back in 2011, the beta tests caused an unknown anomaly to occur which made the 10 glitched games open a portal from cyberspace and release an evolved computer virus which infected humans and killed some of them. This tragedy was called Zero Day and as a way to atone for this horrible mistake, Genm collaborated with the Ministry of Health to devise a means to fight the Bugster Virus.
Under Kuroto Dan
The company, however were completely unaware that their recent CEO played as a double agent with the Bugsters cooperating with their executives Parado and Graphite and collecting the data of the Kamen Riders. After Kuroto Dan went on the run (the conditions of which were unknown to the company), Genm Corp struggled from the lack of leadership and games in development. .
New Management by Ren Amagasaki, and Kuroto's first death
Currently, a mysterious individual named Ren Amagasaki has taken the position of CEO , with Tsukuru Koboshi promoted to be in charge of in-house development departments and Genm Corp. is working on recovery.
Kuroto returned to Genm Corp. again with a pack of Bugster zombies summoned from Dangerous Zombie, resulting in Genm Corp being compromised again. Thankfully all of the Genm Corp. employees and developers managed to escape safely thanks to Brave Level 50 and Snipe, while Kuroto lays siege to the company with a dark purple fog beginning to surround the building.
As Ex-Aid uses his Level 99 to render Genm powerless, Parado kills Kuroto for good and took over Kamen Rider Chronicle's Gashat project in his own way.
In reality, Ren is also evil like Kuroto was and actually a Bugster when he altered Asuna Karino's mind, the final component of the Kamen Rider Chronicle who originated from DoReMiFa Beat. Thus, the company had been compromised for a long-time in the day after Kuroto's escape from the authorities.
Despite this, the company did better financially, as its price on the global stock market went up higher due to investors taking an interest in Kamen Rider Chronicle, which baffled Taiga when first seeing the stock reports. Advertised as an advanced augmented reality game, the public quickly bought Genm Corp.'s latest game, unaware that it was actually a death trap devised by the Bugsters.
Masamune Dan's Return and True Colors Revealed
Sometimes after Kuroto was revived by Poppy as a Bugster during Kamen Rider Chronicle incident, Masamune was finally released from jail and took over Genm Corp by force. Ren showed his protest in a gentle manner which Masamune also took it gently. When the Riders and the Bugsters finally have their final clash, Masamune showed himself using the power of Cronus. He later told everyone that everything had gone according to his plans. He reveals that the manipulation of himself to be jailed, the perfection of Kamen Rider Chronicle, and the succession of Kuroto were part of his plan; making Kuroto his hidden pawn and not Kuroto who pulled the strings, which surprises Kuroto himself. He then transformed into Kamen Rider Cronus, surprising the Riders as Kuroto had told Emu, Hiro, and Taiga that it is almost impossible even for the Riders with exception of Emu as he had a chance, to control the power of Cronus as the payment is huge for the controller's life especially immediate death for those who didn't receive operation of Bugster immunity. He told the others that Emu is not the only "the first infected Bugster" and claimed himself to be "the other one".
Parado, Ren, and Graphite were vexed on this especially because the Riders were defeated single handedly with his power to control time. He also defeated Parado and Graphite, killing Ren permanently as he stopped the time of life of the Bugster whom he eliminated. He left all of them and announced that he is "the true God" of Kamen Rider Chronicle World.
Near Bankruptcy and revival
At the end of the series, Genm Corp. almost went bankrupt for its involvement in the apparent deaths of those who played Kamen Rider Chronicle and their plan to sell and distribute the lethal game worldwide. An additional factor was that, once again, the company was without steady leadership as its CEO Masamune Dan died and its second former CEO Kuroto Dan was now imprisoned for his crimes.
However, the company was saved by a savvy investor using her wealth to become a major shareholder in her favorite game company, buying a large portion of the company's stocks and having enough voting power from those shares to appoint a new CEO, Tsukuru Koboshi. Tsukuru was reluctant at first, but took on the job and helped get the company back on its feet. He is making amends for the company's involvement in Kamen Rider Chronicle and the Bugster outbreaks by developing and creating vaccines for game diseases with the aid of the CR and the Ministry of Health.
Due to the time alteration, Kougami Foundation and Genm Corp. are eventually replaced as Dan Foundation, headed by Kuroto Dan, dubbing himself as King Kuroto Dan. He declares that Dan Foundation will have a sovereign from Japan territory and he will become a king. He eventually imprisons Eiji Hino, the real Kamen Rider OOO, and Hina Izumi. He became Another OOO by Time Jacker Uhr in 2010. Its office room is much similar to Kougami's and it has Kiyo-chan, Kiyoko Maki's doll, on Kuroto's table.
- Kuroto Dan - Second CEO (killed by Parado, later revived as a Bugster by Poppy, and later killed again by Kiriya Kujo in their final showdown)
- Poppy Pipopapo - Former after Kuroto's revelation, until his death. Later has her mind being altered by Ren until her mind was restored by Emu.
- Masamune Dan - First CEO, Kuroto Dan's father (letting himself framed to be incarcerated by his own son by purpose in 2011, later returned to regain control in 2017 as Kamen Rider Cronus after Ren's death, becoming the fourth CEO and revealing his true color to be more evil than his son and any other Bugsters, commited suicide in the final battle. Later resurrected by Kuroto Dan as his hostage before he was killed by his own son again)
- Tsukuru Koboshi - game programmer, prior to Kuroto's temporary return to re-compromising the company then shortly, Kuroto's death. Appointed as the fifth CEO after Masamune's death.
- Ren Amagasaki - Third CEO replacing Kuroto Dan, until his return to the company temporarily until his first death. Revealed to be evil as Kuroto was, and is actually a Bugster when he altered Asuna's mind. (killed by Masamune Dan and stayed dead for a short time before being resurrected by Kuroto Dan. He was ultimately killed by Hiiro Kagami)
- Parado - Kamen Rider Para-DX. Secretly aligned with Kuroto. Later involved in Kamen Rider Chronicle under Ren/Lovelica until he was part of Masamune's manipulation plans which ended up getting "pawn".
- Hiiro Kagami - blackmailed into joining the company as a right-handed man by Masamune in exchange of freeing Saki (who is in under hostage).
- Kiriya Kujo - Revived as a Bugster and as a left-handed man for Masamune (later betrayed when he revealed his undercover mission after giving the Hyper Muteki Gashat to Emu). After the defeat of Masamune, he works together with the new CEO, Tsukuru, to work on the vaccines for the various strains of the Bugster virus.
- Nico Saiba - Invested all of her earnings as "Genius Gamer N" into Genm Corp. after the death of Masamune, becoming one of the company's major shareholders.
- Genm Corp.'s logo design appears to be a parody of the logo for Bandai.
- The stock code of Genm Corporation is G5115z.
- In the CEO's office, there is a ping pong table near the desk. While this seems like an odd thing to have in a corporate office, it may be an allusion to Pong, one of the world's first video games commercially available to the public.
- Relating to Dangerous Zombie and Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashats, Dangerous Zombie's Bugsters and second Zero Day in Engineered History!, Genm Corp. infested with Bugsters is similar to the DBR Corp. building infested with full of zombies where the main villains are from Sega's The House of the Dead series.
- In real life, the location used for the building of Genm Corp. is the NEC Tamagawa Renaissance City building.