|This article is about a/an Rider weapon in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
The Explosive Freezing Gashacon Sword (爆炎氷結 ガシャコンソード Bakuen Hyōketsu Gashakon Sōdo) is the personal blade Gashacon Weapon of Kamen Rider Brave who, being a doctor Kamen Rider who operates on patients afflicted with the Bugster infection, refers to it as his 'scalpel'. It is based on a knight's sword from fantasy RPGs, specifically Taddle Quest's Legendary Sword (伝説の剣 Densetsu no Ken).
The Gashacon Sword consists of the following parts:
- Flame Eliminator (フレイムエリミネーター Fureimu Eriminētā) - Gashacon Sword blade in Fire Mode (炎モード Honō Mōdo). Flames can be shot out in this configuration and can burn Bugster Viruses.
- Blizzard Eliminator (ブリザードエリミネーター Burizādo Eriminētā) - Gashacon Sword blade in Ice Mode (氷モード Kori Mōdo). Extremely cold air can be shot out in this configuration. In this mode, it is possible to freeze-crush Bugsters and other opponents.
- Mode Transer (モードトランサー Mōdo Toransā) - The rotating pole on top of the Attack Rush Pad that is placed in the center of the blade. Responsible for turning the blade and changing the element of the weapon from fire to ice and vice versa.
- Attack Rush Pad (アタックラッシュパッド Atakku Rasshu Paddo) - The large hilt/control panel of the weapon. Contains the buttons necessary to change configuration.
- Gashat Slot (ガシャットスロット Gashatto Surotto) - The slot located behind the sword. It is used to insert a Gashat, which will start the finisher.
- Gashacon Trigger (ガシャコントリガー Gashakon Torigā) - The trigger used for triggering finisher. When casting a finisher, first insert a Rider Gashat in the Gashat Slot. After that, by pulling the trigger, a reinforcement program built in the Gashat starts, and a powerful weapon finisher with its characteristics is activated.
- EXP Grip (ＥＸＰグリップ EXP Gurippu) - The grip of the Gashacon Sword. It has a function to stabilize the behavior of sword at the time of attack, improving the rate of slashing. Also, it has a function to update the system data according to the fighting ability of the user, and to improve weapon performance.
- Kamen Rider Brave
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid (Ex-Aid Episode 9)
- Kamen Rider Genm (Ex-Aid Episode 19)
- Kamen Rider Cronus (Taiga Hanaya ver.) (Ex-Aid Episode 43, Brave & Snipe)
Brave originally wielded a simple, nameless sword in Quest Gamer Level 1 form, but it was destroyed by Genm. When he transformed again to face the Aranbura Bugster in the old church, the Legendary Sword was summoned by the game field, rusted and stuck in a stone. He triggered his Quest Gamer Level 2 transformation, prompting Aranbura to try and attack his hostage, but Brave rushed to the sword and pulled it from the stone, slashing Aranbura across the back to stop his attack. The sword then burst off its outer coating to reveal the Gashacon Sword Fire Mode.
Genm steals the Gashacon Sword from Brave, but Brave manages to reclaim it soon after.
By pressing the A-button, Brave can trigger the blade to rotate, allowing it to switch between Fire Mode (炎モード Honō Mōdo) which allows it to perform fire elemental attacks, and Ice Mode (氷モード Kori Mōdo) which uses ice elemental attacks.
By pressing the B-button, Brave can perform some special attacks.
- Pressing it once in Fire Mode allows Brave to perform the Fire B Slash.
- When Brave in his Beat Gamer Level 3 form, it allows him to release a muscial slash.
- When Brave in his Santa Beat Gamer Level 3 form, it allows him to release an enhanced muscial slash.
- Pressing it twice in Ice Mode allows Brave to freeze an enemy.
- Pressing it four times in Ice Mode allows Brave to release a freeze wave.
The Gashacon Sword's finisher is the Critical Finish (クリティカルフィニッシュ Kuritikaru Finisshu). To activate it, Brave (or Ex-Aid/Genm) must plug a Rider Gashat into the slot next to the B-Button on the weapon.
- Mighty Taddle Critical Finish (マイティタドルクリティカルフィニッシュ Maiti Tadoru Kuritikaru Finisshu)
- DoReMiFa Jet Giri Giri Critical Finish (ドレミファジェットギリギリクリティカルフィニッシュ Doremifa Jetto Giri Giri Kuritikaru Finisshu)
- DoReMiFa Jet Critical Finish (ドレミファジェットクリティカルフィニッシュ Doremifa Jetto Kuritikaru Finisshu):
- Fire: Brave and Snipe, in their Level 2 forms, perform a combination of their finishers with their weapons (Gashacon Sword in Fire Mode, Gashacon Magnum in Handgun Mode), firing a volley of fiery treble clefs and missiles at multiple enemies.
The Gashacon Sword's finisher when Brave assumes Fantasy Gamer Level 50 is the Taddle Critical Slash (タドルクリティカルスラシュ Tadoru Kuritikaru Surashu). To activate it, Brave must close and re-open the Actuation Lever of his Gamer Driver. This finisher has two variations.
- Brave delivers a purple energy X cross slash to his enemy.
- Brave expands the tornado to surround his enemy and delivers a straight slash with the Gashacon Sword.
As seen in Reset Game!, Gashacon Sword's finisher when Brave assumes Legacy Gamer Level 100 is the Taddle Critical Strike (タドルクリティカルストライク Tadoru Kuritikaru Sutoraiku). To activate it, Brave must insert the Taddle Legacy Gashat into the Kimewaza Slot Holder and press it two times.
- Fire: Brave charges his whole body and his Gashacon Sword Fire Mode with light blue and gold energy, before jumping up in the air and performing a powerful slash, which then turn into two light blue fireballs at the enemy.
Behind the Scenes
In filming, the Gashacon Sword (not counting its original rusty version) has three props: full Fire Mode, full Ice Mode, and a version with one attribute on each side for use during the scenes of Brave changing the weapon's mode and the blade spinning around.
In outdoor stage shows, the Ice Mode prop for the Gashacon Sword is actually a prop casing (most likely made out of rubber) wrapped around the Fire Mode blade portion of the prop. This becomes especially clear when the prop casing is not put on properly, resulting in the Gashacon Sword looking as if its blade was "drooping".
- Unlike any other weapons of Gamer Riders in Ex-Aid, the Gashacon Sword had to be retrieved from its starting location in the game field instead of appearing in the Rider's hand. After its first acquirement, it can be immediately summoned like other Gashacon weapons.
- Aside from its upside-down cross guard and non-segmented blade, the Gashacon Sword's original rusted form appears almost identical to Kamen Rider Kuuga's Titan Sword.
- The handle of the Gashacon Sword was later retooled for Gashacon Parabragun.