|This article is about a/an evil organization in Kamen Rider Amazon.|
The Garanda Empire (ガランダー帝国 Garandā Teikoku) makes its appearance prior to Gorgos' death, taking the Gaga Armlet for their own use as they go on a campaign of terrorist attacks on Tokyo to make it into their seat of power before going after the rest of the world. Led by the mysterious "Ruler" and stationed underground in trap-filled base, the Garanda Empire also uses Beastmen as their kaijin.
Zero the Great is the title of those who inherited three sacred treasures of the Garanda Empire's ruling Zero House (ゼロ家 Zero-ka): the Helmet of Flaming Wings (火の翼のかぶと Hi no Tsubasa no Kabuto), the Blood Cloak (血のマント Chi no Manto), and the spear Blue Thunder (青い雷 Aoi Kaminari). The last Zero the Great was said to have been born in 1938, and aged 37 when he was slain in 1975.
The legendary ruler of the Garanda Empire, Zero the Great asserts his claim of descent from the ruling dynasty of the ancient Parthian Empire. He wears a helmet with a flaming decoration while his body is guarded by steel armor. A very cruel man, Zero does not hesitate to execute unsuccessful Beastmen and Kurojusha with a sparkling high voltage beam from the Blue Lightning spear.
- Ruler (True Zero the Great) (支配者 (真のゼロ大帝) Shihaisha (Shin no Zero Taitei), 24) - The True Zero the Great, the real form is hidden with white dress and a white mask. Killed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Super Big Slice.
- Zero the Great (ゼロ大帝 Zero Taitei, 14-24) - The fake Emperor Zero. Killed by falling into the hole.
- Black Followers (黒ジューシャ Kuro Jūsha) - All Garanda Empire's soldiers are male.
Garanda Empire Beastman
Just like Geddon, the Garanda Empire's Beastmen (獣人 Jūjin) are also based on animals, insects, and arachnids. Among the Beastmen are:
- Bee Beastman (ハチ獣人 Hachi Jūjin, 15) - A bee monster. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Big Slice.
- Diving Beetle Beastman (ゲンゴロウ獣人 Gengorō Jūjin, 16/Movie) - A predaceous diving beetle monster. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Big Slice.
- Toad Beastman (ガマ獣人 Gama Jūjin, 17) - A toad monster. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Spin Kick.
- Tiger Beetle Beastman (ハンミョウ獣人 Hanmyō Jūjin, 18) - A tiger beetle monster who took the form of a peddler (行商人 Gyōshōnin). Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Big Slice.
- Owl Beastman (フクロウ獣人 Fukurō Jūjin, 19) - An owl monster. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Big Slice.
- Mushroom Beastman (キノコ獣人 Kinoko Jūjin, 20) - A mushroom monster responsible for killing the Mole Beastman. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Big Slice,
- Sea Anemone Beastman (イソギンチャク獣人 Isoginchaku Jūjin, 21) - A sea anemone monster. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon.
- Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel Beastman (モモンガー獣人 Momongā Jūjin, 22) - A Japanese dwarf flying squirrel monster. Destroyed by Kamen Rider Amazon's Amazon Kick.
- Salamander Beastman (サンショウウオ獣人 Sanshōuo Jūjin, 23) - A salamander monster who becomes an imitation version of Kamen Rider Amazon. Destroyed by Zero the Great.
The Garanda Greeed (ガランダーグリード Garandā Gurīdo) is a Greeed very similar to the Emperor Zero which was created from the Garanda Medal by Shocker. He was destroyed by Kamen Rider OOO, but his Medal were later used for the transformation of the Boss.
Behind the scenes
The Garanda Empire served as the evil organization in the final 10 episodes of Kamen Rider Amazon.
- As with their Geddon predecessors, Garanda's monsters do not wear belts with the insignia of their organization, making them an anomaly among the Showa Kamen Rider Series prior to Kamen Rider Black.