|This article is about a monster in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
Gamedeus (ゲムデウス, Gemudeusu) was the thirteenth and final boss Bugster of Kamen Rider Chronicle. As per the rules of the game, the Ride-Player who has defeated and claimed the Gashatrophies of the thirteen Bugster bosses will be able to challenge Gamedeus as the final boss of the game.
Gamedeus was the thirteenth and final boss of Kamen Rider Chronicle. As per the rules of the game, the Ride-Player who has defeated and claimed the Gashatrophies of the thirteen Bugster bosses will be able to challenge Gamedeus as the final boss of the game. According to Kuroto Dan, Gamedeus is the ultimate Bugster, transcending the power of any and all games. The only way to defeat Gamedeus is to obtain the power of Kamen Rider Cronus.
As theorized by Parado, Gamedeus would also have the power to stop Cronus as well if the logic applies in reverse. With that in mind, Parado and Graphite went into Kamen Rider Chronicle's Game World to collect Gamedeus' virus from its silver-colored Bugster Union form. Graphite injected the virus into himself, however the power proved too much for him to handle as he grown slowly ill, but accepted the pain as a price to defeat Cronus.
The Gamedeus Pandemic
After the Kamen Riders' gathered the thirteen Gashatrophies, Gamedeus would be released in the world and unleashes his disease all over the city. Fortunately, Kiriya Kujo and Kuroto Dan were able to create Doctor Mighty XX as a vaccine for Gamedeus's virus in subduing the Bugster. However, Kamen Rider Cronus barged in to destroy Gamedeus and absorbed his data in order to assimilate themselves as one, becoming Gamedeus Cronus.
However, Poppy Pipopapo would sacrifice herself to spread the Gamedeus vaccine all over the city using Doctor Mighty XX. While the Kamen Riders assume Level 1 form to seperate Masamune from Gamedeus, Parado also uses the Doctor Mighty XX in an attempt to take Gamedeus down with the cost of his life.
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: True Ending
It was revealed that once Gamedeus appeared, Masamune's former business partner Johnny Makishima stole Graphite's Gashacon Bugvisor. As the Bugvisor contained fragments of Gamedeus' data, Johnny uses it to become a Bugster known as Gamedeus Machina.
Kamen Rider Build: Be The One
In an event witnessed by Sento Kiryu, Gamedeus was among numerous monsters whom engaged the first eighteen Heisei Riders before being wiped out by the Vortex Time Break of Kamen Rider Zi-O BuildArmor.
Kamen Rider Zi-O
Gamedeus is one of 5 last bosses summoned by Another Decade to aid him against Sougo Tokiwa. He is swiftly defeated by Sougo as Ohma Zi-O.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Gamedeus as Gamedeus Muteki is a playable character in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
The Bugsters originate as the microscopic Bugster Virus (バグスターウイルス, Bagusutā Uirusu), a result of humans being contaminated by the Bugster, thus developing the condition known as the Game Illness (ゲーム病, Gēmu-byō). His viruses are unique, since they're white colored instead of orange, and they can even infect other Bugsters. These viruses can cause extreme pain and white flames on most Bugsters who contain this virus. They can also suppress certain abilities of Kamen Rider Cronus such as the Pause function when infected into Cronus' Buggle Driver II.
- Pause Immunity: Any Bugster infected with this virus is immune to Cronus' Pause ability, similar to Hyper Muteki.
- Level 0 Gashats: Bugsters who are in the Game Areas created from Level 0 Gashats will have certain abilities restricted. In Gamedeus' case, its cultivation is suppressed by erasing its virus. Even if the virus is in any Gashacon Bugvisors, it can still be erased by touching the visor. However, this is only true for a small amount of its sample, as even Level 0 Riders were unable to disable the infectivity of a larger amount of the virus.
- Bugster's Natural Resistance
- Although the Gamedeus Virus can infect even other Bugsters, their natural physiology allows them to gradually develop a resistance, and even an immunity, to its infection. This immunity was, in turn, used to create the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat, which acts like a vaccine to the ultimate Game Disease.
Virus Cultivation: In its Bugster Union form, Bugster Viruses containing Gamedeus' data is generated on its body.Appearances: Ex-Aid Episode 34
Gamedeus is the most powerful Bugster enemy in the series, as even the co-operation of Ex-Aid Hyper Muteki and Para-DX Level 99 had a hard time fighting him, while previously the same combination was able to defeat Cronus easily. His health is 50 times of a normal Rider Gauge.
- Godlike Powers: As the final boss of Kamen Rider Chronicle, Gamedeus possess the greatest power of all Bugsters.
- Worldwide Pandemic: Like the Pac-Man Virus, Gamedeus's virus can affect multiple people at the same time, even Bugsters.
- Pause Immunity: It can be assumed that Gamedeus himself is immune to Cronus' Pause ability, similar to Hyper Muteki.
- Bugster Power Channeling: He can briefly manifest an image of a Bugster's head on his chest, and then use a technique unique to that Bugster:
- Swordsmanship: By channeling the Kaiden Bugster's power, he can skillfully slash his opponents.
- Magic Attacks: By channeling the Aranbura Bugster's power, he can unleash a powerful ice attack upon his opponents. It is the enhanced version of Aranbura's The Legendary Magic (伝説の魔法, Densetsu no Mahō).
- Transcendent Secret Technique: Explosive Crimson Dragon Sword (超絶奥義：紅蓮爆竜剣, Chō-zetsu Ōgi Guren Bakuryū Ken): By channeling Guren Graphite's power, he can perform a stronger version of Guren Graphite's signature move.
- Kamen Rider Cronus: As the symbol that was designated to go against Gamedeus, Cronus is one of the few riders who logically can defeat Gamedeus.
- Pause: The key ability exclusively for Cronus to defeat Gamedeus. It can stop the flow of time around Cronus. It is also used to prevent any defeated Bugsters from being revived.
- ;Doctor Mighty XX Gashat: This Gashat is specifically designed to neutralize Gamedeus's powers, as it acts like a vaccine against Gamedeus virus. It didn't only cure all infected patients of the virus, but also weakened Gamedeus significantly.
- Deus Rampart
Powers and Abilities
- Regeneration: The cultivation of Bugster Virus in its body is accelerated to the point that damaged parts are quickly regenerated.
- Bugster Summoning: Super Gamedeus is able to summon any of Kamen Rider Chronicle's component Bugsters.
- Game Area: Super Gamedeus can generate a massive Game Area the size of a town. Because the inside of the Game Area is filled with Gamedeus' Bugster Virus, those within it are at an increased risk of being infected. In addition, the Game Disease of those infected will progress at an increased rate.
- Deus Fabunil: Super Gamedeus' telescopic arms, from which it is able to shoot energy projectiles.
- Deuslasher: A gigantic version of the Deuslasher forms part of Super Gamedeus' lower body, which it can still use to attack enemies.
Gamedeus Muteki (ゲムデウス ムテキ, Gemudeusu Muteki) is a silver and black-colored form based on Ex-Aid's Muteki Gamer (ムテキゲーマー, Muteki Gēmā), created by Gamedeus with the Muteki antibody.
Muteki Gamer is composed of the following parts:
- EX Head-MTK (ＥＸヘッド-ＭＴＫ, EX Heddo-MTK) - The helmet.
- Hologram Eye Light (ホログラムアイライト, Horoguramu Ai Raito) - The 'eyes'. It can emit light for night battles and can also capture images comparable to a high- speed camera. It can also observe all microscopic Bugster Virus within an area instantaneously.
- Vertex Goggles (ヴァーテックスゴーグル, Vu~ātekkusu Gōguru) - The goggles. It protects the visual sensors from shocks and dirt and is coated with a blast and dust-resistant coating, ensuring clear visibility while raising defense.
- Hyper Ride Blade (ハイパーライドブレード, Haipā Raido Burēdo) - A giant golden blade sticking out the top of the helmet. It can stop an opponent's special functions and interfere with their battle systems, affecting their attack and defense power.
- React Crystal (リアクトクリスタル, Riakuto Kurisutaru) - The light blue star mounted on the Hyper Ride Blade. It is a searching device that can capture and identify motions and set tracking markers automatically. The radar on the internal monitor shows the positions of enemies, the health of allies, energy items, etc.
- Hyper Ride Hair (ハイパーライドヘアー, Haipā Raido Heā) - The dreadlocks. Each 'hair strand' is actually a long retractable telescopic blade. They're extremely strong, and can physically pick up other Riders and throw them. Moreover, it can release glowing Sparking Glitter (スパーキングリッター, Supākingurittā) particles which can cover and reinforce the entire body, momentarily doubling Muteki Gamer's punching and kicking power.
- Sender Ears (センダーイヤー, Sendā Iyā) - The hearing sensors. It filters surrounding noise so Ex-Aid only hears the necessary sounds. There is also a communication function for private conversations with specific parties.
- Air Fresh Guard (エアフレッシュガード, Ea Furesshu Gādo) - The mouthplate. An intake system within the it filters out harmful substances in the air. It also regulates the suit's temperature by using outside air, and allow for underwater breathing thanks to compressed air stored inside.
- EX Muteki Armor (EXムテキアーマー, EX Muteki Āmā) - The chest armor. During deathblows, the EX Muteki Armor makes the entire body completely invincible, preventing any damage whatsoever during the execution of finishing techniques.
- Sparking Shoulders (スパーキングショルダー, Supākingu Shorudā) - The shoulder armor. It is a special field generator unit and can expand a blocking field across a Game Area to prevent enemies from executing special attacks. However, this ability does not seem to affect other Rider's abilities to execute their finishers and is most likely intended for anti-Bugster operations. The Sparking Shoulders can also create spatiotemporal distortions to allow Ex-Aid to short-warp within a Game Area.
- Muteki Gear Suit (ムテキギアスーツ, Muteki Gia Sūtsu) - The golden bodysuit. By assisting and strengthening the wearer's movements, tremendous physical abilities can be brought out. Adjustments have been made based on past combat data, and the reaction speed has been increased to match Ex-Aid's skill.
- EX Complete Arms (EXコンプリートアーム, EX Konpurīto Āmu) - The arms. It's attack performance has been enhanced to its limits, allowing Ex-Aid to continually execute powerful high-speed attacks that are almost invisible. Its ability is so high that it's basic performance is comparable to a normal Rider utilising energy items.
- Victory Fight Gloves (ヴィクトリーファイトグローブ, Vu~ikutorī Faito Gurōbu) - The reinforced hands. Any Gashacon weapon held in the hands will have their power and performance increased up to 10 times thanks to data communication. They are equipped with a function that automatically adjusts attacks, allowing Ex-Aid to arbitrarily execute a multi-punch attack.
- UltiMech Guard (アルティメックガード, Arutimekku Gādo) - Star-shaped guard parts located on the arms and legs. Absorbs impact and recoil of attacks and minimize the pressure of impact on the user. It also directs surplus Sparking Glitter particles made by the Hyper Muteki Gashat into the Hyper Ride Hair for storage, preventing self-destruction of the user's body due to particle overflow.
- EX Complete Legs (EXコンプリートレッグ, EX Konpurīto Reggu) - The legs. It's attack performance has been enhanced to its limits, allowing Ex-Aid to continually execute powerful high-speed attacks that are almost invisible. Its ability is so high that it's basic performance is comparable to a normal Rider utilising energy items.
- Victory Fight Shoes (ヴィクトリーファイトシューズ, Vu~ikutorī Faito Shūzu) - The feet. They enable acrobatic movement such as gliding jumps, time the fall rate of jumps and other manoeuvres thanks to air injection technology. They are equipped with a function that automatically adjusts attacks, allowing Ex-Aid to arbitrarily execute a multi-kick attack.
This form wields a unnamed sword resembles the Deuslasher.Appearances: Ex-Aid Final Stage
- Gamer Driver - Transformation device.
- Rider Gashat - Transformation trinkets.
- Kimewaza Slot Holder - Carrier strap for the Rider Gashats.
Behind the Scenes
Gamedeus is voiced by Masashi Sugawara (菅原 正志, Sugawara Masashi). His suit actor is Eitoku (永徳), who is also the suit actor for Kamen Rider Snipe. As G-Masamune, he is portrayed by Hiroyuki Takami (貴水 博之 , Takami Hiroyuki).
Gamedeus was designed by Tamotsu Shinohara.
- Gamedeus comes from the words Game and Deus, Deus is a Latin word which means God. So a literal translation of Gamedeus's name would be "Game God".
Gamedeus was designed by Tamotsu Shinohara (篠原 保, Shinohara Tamotsu).
- "Kamen Rider Zukan's stats for Gamedeus". https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/zukan/phantom/70.
- "Kamen Rider Zukan's stats for Super Gamedeus". https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/zukan/phantom/72.
- "Kamen Rider Zukan's stats for Gamedeus Machina". https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/zukan/phantom/73.
- "Kamen Rider Zukan's stats for Super Gamedeus Machina". https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/zukan/phantom/74.
- Uchusen Yearbook 2018 - Page 9