|This article is about an anime series in Kamen Rider W.|
Fuuto PI (風都探偵, Fūto Tantei) is an upcoming Japanese anime television series adapted from the Futo Tantei manga series, which itself serves as a sequel to Kamen Rider W. The series is produced by Studio Kai and is set to premiere in August 2022.
During the press conference for the "Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Commemorative Project", an animated adaptation of the manga series Futo Tantei, was one of the three new projects slated to be released in the coming years, with Fuuto PI being given an estimated release date of Summer of 2022.
The anime was later discussed by Hideaki Tsukada and Riku Sanjo at the 2021 Annecy Film Festival as well as their motivations behind the manga it is based upon and the TV show it spawned from.
On August 3, 2021, it was revealed through Uchusen Magazine that Studio Kai would be the production studio in charge of the series' animation, with a teaser image released to the public. The issue itself had also included an interview from Seiji Takaiwa, who spoke about his experiences working as a suit actor on W.
On September 5, 2021, the show's official Twitter account released two additional stills while announcing some staff members working on the show. On October 16, 2021, additional teaser visuals featuring Philip and Shotaro were released on the official Twitter account, which were originally shown at New York Comic Con. On October 18, 2021, Big Comic Spirits released character concept art for both Shotaro and Philip. On November 1, 2021, concept art for Akiko was released. On November 15, 2021, concept art for Ryu was released. On November 29, 2021, concept art for Tokime was released.
On February 26, 2022, the anime was announced to premiere on August 2022 with several cast members from the KAMEN RIDER: memory of heroez video game including Yoshimasa Hosoya, Koki Uchiyama, Mikako Komatsu, and Makoto Furukawa reprising their roles, while Akira Sekine and Daisuke Ono joined the cast. On May 3, 2022, Matsuoka, along with Koji Kikkawa, Aya Kamiki, and TAKUYA were announced to return as theme song artists from the original series for the anime, while they are joined by franchise newcomer Big Gadgets.
After the fall of Museum-the evil organization responsible for many crimes in Futo, the production and distribution of Gaia Memories has halted. However, remnants of Gaia Memories still remain within society and are sold on the black market at high prices. Thus, the two heroes from Narumi Detective Office are yet to have time to relax. Sights of Dopants still occur and the agency receives more and more clients who claim to experience supernatural phenomena.
Regardless of the arduous nature of the task, Kamen Rider Double promises that those who hurt Futo will inevitably count up their sins.
|Kamen Rider Double||Philip & Shotaro Hidari|
|Kamen Rider Accel||Ryu Terui|
The Futo Irregulars
- Main article: Fuuto PI Episodes
- Shotaro Hidari (左 翔太郎, Hidari Shōtarō): Yoshimasa Hosoya (細谷 佳正, Hosoya Yoshimasa)
- Philip (フィリップ, Firippu): Koki Uchiyama (内山 昂輝, Uchiyama Kouki)
- Tokime (ときめ, Tokime): Akira Sekine (関根 明良, Sekine Akira)
- Akiko Narumi (鳴海 亜樹子, Narumi Akiko): Mikako Komatsu (小松 未可子, Komatsu Mikako)
- Ryu Terui (照井 竜, Terui Ryū): Makoto Furukawa (古川 慎, Furukawa Makoto)
- Yukiji Bando (万灯 雪侍, Bando Yukiji): Daisuke Ono (小野 大輔, Ono Daisuke)
- Narration, Gaia Memory Voice (ナレーション、ガイアメモリ音声, Narēshon, Gaia Memori Onsei): Fumihiko Tachiki (立木 文彦, Tachiki Fumihiko)
- Yousuke Kabashima - Director, Kamen Rider Dopant Animator
- Ayataka Tanemura - Assistant Director
- Tatsuto Higuchi - Series Composition
- Riku Sanjo - Series Composition Supervisor
- Hidekazu Ebina - Character Designer, Chief Animation Director
- Sei Komatsubara - Chief Animation Director
- Masahiro Yamane - Kamen Rider Dopant Animator
- Kouki Shikiji, Kazuhito Tominaga, Kenta Yokoya - Main Animators
- Hiroyuki Taiga - Mechanical/Prop Design
- Tomiyuki Aoki, Kenichi Morioka - Art Setting
- Yukihiro Watanabe - Art Director
- Sayoko Yokoyama - Color Design
- Takeshi Shimura, Yuuichi Takezawa - Directors of Photography
- Jirou Kageyama - 2D Graphics
- Hiroyuki Kashima - CG Director
- Atsushi Sakiyama - CG Animation Director
- Mitsugu Ishii - 3D Modeling
- Ayumi Takahashi - Editing
- Jin Aketagawa - Sound Director
- Kotaro Nakagawa, Shuhei Naruse - Music Composition
- Mayu Iida - Music Producer
- Hideaki Tsukada - General Producer
- Megumi Naitou, Daisuke Furuya - Producers
- Masashi Masuo - Animation Producer
- Studio Kai
- iPS Animation Studio - 3DCG Production
- unknownCASE - 3DCG Action
- Jet Studio - 3D Modeling
- Magic Capsule - Sound Producer
- Avex - Music Producer
- Opening theme
- Private Eye
- Ending theme
- Tsumi to Batsu to Angura
A minute-long teaser trailer was released on February 26, 2022. In commemoration, a special CycloneJoker SH Figuarts was announced to release in August.
On April 4, 2022, it was announced that a special event screening for the first episode would be held on May 3, 2022, with the voice cast in attendance. The event was held at the Grand Prince Hotel, where attendees were able to view the first episode roughly 3 months before the series airdate. 
- The series will premiere on U-NEXT on August 1, 2022, and begin broadcasting on Tokyo MX on August 8, 2022
- The series has been licensed in Funimation, and will be simulcast alongside the original Japanese broadcast on Crunchyroll in countries where the service is available, such as North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East and CIS.
- The series has been licensed in Southeast Asia by Muse Communication.
- While several animated media has been produced for the Kamen Rider franchise in the past, Fuuto PI is the first ever to be mainstream and receive the full-length anime treatment while being traditionally based on a previously existing source material, such as a weekly publicized manga series.
- Anime official website
- Tweet confirming the series
- Otaquest interview with Hideaki Tsukada and Riku Sanjo at the Annecy Film Festival
- Tweet regarding studio announcement and unveiling of first teaser image with Shotaro starring out into Futo
- Tweet unveiling first looks at main characters while announcing staff and crew
- Tweet unveiling teaser visuals for both Shotaro and Philip
- Article from Anime News Network unveiling teaser visuals for Shotaro and Philip
- Tweet from Big Comic Spirits unveiling concept art for both Shotaro and Philip
- Tweet from Big Comic Spirits unveiling concept art for Akiko
- Tweet from Big Comic Spirits unveiling concept art for Ryu
- Tweet from Big Comic Spirits unveiling concept art for Tokime
- Anime News Network article revealing staff members
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
|Shin (movie) • ZO (movie) • J (movie)|
|Heisei Era (2000-2009)|
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
|Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-2019)|
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid • Build • Zi-O|
|Reiwa Era (2019-)|
|Zero-One • Saber • Revice|
|Remakes, Spin-Offs and Other Series|
|Kamen Rider SD (OVA) • Imagin Anime • G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Amazons • Black Sun • Shin Kamen Rider • Fuuto PI|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|