|This article is about a/an monster turned ally in Kamen Rider Zero-One .|
- "Gut Power!"
- ―Taro's catchphrase[src]
Fukkinhoukai Taro (腹筋崩壊太郎 Fukkinhōkai Tarō, lit. Gut Busting Taro) is a Comedian-Type Humagear that was hacked by Jin and given a Zetsumerisekey to transform into the Berotha Magia (ベローサマギア Berōsa Magia)
Taro was a friendly Comedian-Type Humagear who replaced Aruto when the latter was fired from his job as a stand up comedian at the amusement park. As his title implied, his main comedy act involved causing the skin on his abdomen to burst off of him, literally busting his gut. He would make people laugh and entertain until he was targeted by Jin, who injected a virus that corrupted Taro's AI. Taro tried to fight it and begged Jin to stop as he writhed in pain, but eventually, his memories were wiped and he obeyed Jin's orders of creating despair to those in the amusement park. He rampaged and then transformed into the Berotha Magia, using his scythe blades to tear up the amusement park and infected more Humagears with viruses to aid in his campaign of destruction. He was eventually stopped by Zero-One, who engaged and then destroyed Taro with his Rising Impact, as the android was too far gone to be helped.
Later on, the new in-training model resembling Taro took his place and began to do his comedian job, starting over from the basics.
When Izu had to gather all the Humagear Progrisekeys, Taro didn't want to give his to Aruto unless he is funnier than him. Both of them have a joke contest arbitrated by Izu and Isamu Fuwa. When Taro wins all rounds, Aruto became infuriated because the referee isn't fair, and argues with Isamu by playing the jester. Taro realizes Aruto is better when a jester and decides to give his data. However, Isamu tries to transform with that to know if it could be used to transform. Instead, it creates another Humagear, clone of Taro, Fukkinhoukai Jiro. They both harass Aruto with the abdomen burst joke afterwards.
Kamen Rider Zero-One: REAL×TIME
To be added
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 199.1 cm
- Weight: 104.6 kg
Taro transforms into the Berotha Magia (ベローサ・マギア Berōsa Magia) by using the Berotha Magia Zetsumerisekey in the Zetsumeriser.
- Togamarder (トガマーダー Togamādā): Twin daggers held with a backwards grip. They are capable of creating numerous energy blade projectiles.
- Laser Beams: The Berotha Magia can shoot lasers from its eyes.
- Humagear Hacking: Using a method similar to transforming into a Magia, the Berotha Magia can corrupt other Humagear and transform them into Trilobite Magia by piercing them with tendrils.
Behind the Scenes
- Fukkinhoukai Taro's name came from the Japanese given name for males "Taro" (太郎 Tarō) which means strong, heroic, masculine, which refers to Fukkinhoukai Taro's strong and muscular body. It also means "Eldest son".
- The Berotha Magia's name is derived from Kujiberotha teruyukii, an extinct species of thorny lacewing insect that lived in the Cretaceous period.
True to his name, Taro is able burst his own skin from his abdomen's "gut" humorously in front of other people during a stage play. This is also later used in the web special along with his other counterpart, Jiro, after the Gag Battle against Aruto. Its meme's name is officially called Gut Powered Buster (ガットパワードバスター Gatto Pawādo Basutā).
Berotha Magia was designed by Takato Yamashita (山下 貴斗 Yamashita Takato).
- Surprisingly, despite being the first monster of the Reiwa Era, Berotha Magia does not have a spider motif like Spider Man from the Showa Era and Zu-Gumun-Ba from the Heisei Era, but instead is themed after a mantis.
- Having the first monster be based on a mantis-like animal could be a reference to the fact that mantises prey on grasshoppers, the animal this season's primary rider is based on.
- Fukkinhoukai Taro's name is a play on the term "gut-buster", meaning an extremely funny joke. In addition, it also references that every time when he tells a joke, his artificial muscles burst out.
- Thorny lacewings and mantises are not directly related to each other and are classified in different orders.
- However, thorny lacewings are in the superfamily Mantispoidea along with mantidflies, which have mantis-like traits.
- Kamen Rider Zero-One
- Kamen Rider Saber
- Kamen Rider Saber Prologue (Archive footage)