The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about a/an set of power-up devices in Kamen Rider Super-1.|
As Super-1, Kazuya Oki possesses 5 super-powered glove attachments called the Five Hands (ファイブハンド Faibu Hando). To change arms, he does a circular motion with his hands and says "Change-(name of hand)".
- Super Hands (スーパーハンド Sūpā Hando): The default silver gloves that allow Super-1 to perform a super punch with a force of 30 tons.
- Power Hands (パワーハンド Pawā Hando): Red gloves that allow Super-1 to lift up to 50 tons (though one bio says they can lift a maximum limit of 500 tons) of weight, as well as initiate the Megaton Punch (メガトンパンチ Megaton Panchi) of 300 tons.
- Elec Hands (エレキハンド Ereki Hando): Blue gloves that allow Super-1 to channel up to 10,000 volts of electricity, as well as fire the Elek Beam (エレキ光線 Ereki Kōsen).
- Thermal Hands (冷熱ハンド Reinetsu Hando): Green gloves that allow Super-1 to use the left glove as a cryogenic sprayer and the right one as a flamethrower.
- Radar Hands (レーダーハンド Rēdā Hando): Gold gloves that allow Super-1 to shoot missiles that emit radar waves, allowing him to see further from the radar screen on his gloves. The missiles can also be used as a projectile or modified with explosives to strike an enemy target.
- The different powers of the Five Hands, as well as being the second example of Rider attachments after the Cassette Arms used by Riderman, can be considered a prototype of the form changes which would become common place in the Heisei period Kamen Rider Series, first appearing in Kamen Rider Black RX.
- As a part of referencing Super-1 years later in Kamen Rider Drive, the five Signal Bikes owned by Kamen Rider Mach share a similar color scheme as the Five Hands:
- Despite being weapons later on, each of the Five Hands has a practical application for space travel with some functions even stated in the first episode:
- Super Hands were designed for use in self-defense from possible hostile alien threats.
- Power Hands were designed to lift heavy obstacles out of the way or heavy cargo, also useful in high gravity environments for lifting.
- Elec Hands were designed to quickly generate power to ship or planetary base systems or drain a viable source of electricity to power something else in an emergency such as a power outage.
- Thermal Hands were designed for various applications. The Hot Hand could be used to weld damaged ship parts or burn away obstacles while the Cold Hand could be used as a fire extinguisher.
- Radar Hands were designed to survey the surface of planets or a hazardous region of space, scouting ahead so a crew could handle a mission by knowing what was in the environment.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.