|This article is about a/an transformation device in Kamen Rider Build.|
The Evol-Driver is the precursor to the entire Project Build series, serving as the main basis for the Build Driver and its later upgrades. According to Shinobi Katsuragi's notes, the Evol-Driver is powered using Evolto's energy and Nebula Gas.
A Hazard Level of 5 is a required prerequisite to be able to use the Evol-Driver, which is impossible for humans to obtain through conventional means. Users of the Evol-Driver are able to manipulate the power of the Pandora Box and control the universe. .
The Evol-Driver utilizes a special variant of Fullbottles known as Evolbottles (エボルボトル Eborubotoru), though regular Fullbottles do work in it as well.
Both Evol and MadRogue insert two Fullbottles into the Driver and crank the EV-Lever. Unlike Build and MadRogue who both use two paired Fullbottles, Evol accesses his forms with the Rider Evolbottle as a constant, and with a different Evolbottle each time. The Evol-Driver is still capable of using normal Fullbottles to transform into a Rider form in the same way as the Build Driver, and also recognizes Best Matches, as seen with Kamen Rider MadRogue transforming using the Bat and Engine Fullbottles.
It is unknown why the forms accessed with the Evol-Driver do not utilize Halfbodies in their construction. While Evol, using Evolbottles, features the diagonal undersuit of Halfbodies, MadRogue does not. The transformations differ from the Build Driver as well, as Evol still shows a similar construct to the Snap Ride Builder, while MadRogue's appears as an interconnected mass of tubing.
The origin of Evolto's original Evol-Driver is unknown, but it was damaged when Evolto decimated Mars using the Pandora Box. However, when Soichi Isurugi first discovered the box, Evolto managed to possess him and used his body to unearth the Evol-Driver and brought it along with the box to Earth. When Shinobu Katsuragi was contacted by Evolto, he repaired it and studied it along with Evolto himself. His son, Takumi Katsuragi, eventually hid it away from Evolto, recognizing Evolto's destructive goals. Much later, Evolto bargained with Sento Kiryu to find it in exchange for Taizan Himuro's life. Sento discovered Shinobu's hidden research and recognized the Evol-Driver as the power source for the Fullbottle-purifying device that he built, retrieving it and reassembling it. With the help of Gentoku Himuro, Sento and the other Riders planned to save Taizan without giving the Evol-Driver to Evolto, but Nariaki Utsumi managed to steal it out of Misora Isurugi's hands and threw it to Evolto.
The Evol-Driver consists of the following parts:
- Evolution Charger (エヴォリューションチャージャー Evu~oryūshon Chājā) - The circular power generator that utilises explosive force to amplify Evolto's energy and generate additional energy as needed. In order for it to properly work, the user must have a minimum Hazard Level of 5.
- Expand Riser (エクスパンド ライザー Ekusupando raizā) A special unit within the Evol version of the Evol-Driver that allows Evolto to manipulate and control the power of the Pandora Box.
- EV Finalizer (EVファイナライザー EV fainaraizā) A special unit within the MadRogue version of the Evol-Driver that generates a microbody called the Mech Virus (メックヴァイラス Mekkuvu~airasu) that alters the body of the user so they can transform into MadRogue.
- EV-Lever (EV-レバー EV-Rebā) - The crank. It is connected to the Evolution Charger, and therefore needs to be turned to operate the Driver.
- EV-Module (EV-モジュール EV-Mojūru) - A device responsible for creating the EV Ride Builder (EVライドビルダー EV Raido Birudā) for transformation into Kamen Rider Evol's main forms. When the the Evol Trigger is attached to the Evol Driver, it creates the EV-BH Ride Builder (EV-BHライドビルダー EV-BH Raido Birudā) for transformation into Black Hole Form. Utsumi's Evol Driver instead creates the Pain Rider Builder (ペインライドビルダー Pein Raido Birudā) for transformation into MadRogue. According to Shinobi Katsuragi's notes, the substances used for this process is unknown.
- EV-Guard Case (EV-ガードケース EV-Gādo Kēsu) - The outer casing. It utilizes "extraterrestrial materials" that can withstand extreme temperature changes to protect the Evol-Driver's internal mechanisms.
- EV-Bottle Slots (EV-ボトルスロット EV-Botoru Surotto) - The slots that Evolbottles/Fullbottles are inserted into for transformation/weapon summoning. According to Shinobi Katsuragi's notes, one of the EV-Bottle Slots was broken when the Driver was discovered, so a new one had to be made using terrestrial materials.
- EV Ride Port (EVライドポート EV Raido Pōto) - A slot located above the Evolution Charger. Its main function is to allow the Evol-Trigger to slot into the Evol-Driver.
While transformed, Evol/MadRogue initiates a finishing move by turning the Vortex Lever.
Evol's standard finisher in his main forms is the Evoltic Finish (エボルテックフィニッシュ Eborutekku Finisshu).
This finisher has four variations:
- Evol generates an energy star map beneath his feet, which then transforms into swirling dark red and blue energy. The energy flows into his right foot before he delivers a side kick that causes the enemy to slide across the ground.
- Evol delivers a flaming punch covered in blue electricity that produces a giant shockwave.
- Evol generates an energy star map with swirling red and blue energy in front of his fist before delivering a flaming punch that sends the enemy flying.
- Evol delivers a roundhouse kick covered in swirling red and blue energy that releases blue electricity upon impact.
- Evol covers his fist in blue flames before delivering a punch that creates an energy construct of a dragon head upon impact.
This finisher has two variations:
- Evol covers his foot with orange energy and delivers a roundhouse kick that generates an energy star map with swirling red and orange energy upon impact and launches the enemy backward.
- Evol delivers a punch covered in flames and purple energy that produces an energy shockwave upon impact and launches the target backward.
Evol's standard finisher in Black Hole Form is the Black Hole Finish (ブラックホールフィニッシュ Burakku Hōru Finisshu), which has four variations:
- Evol spins rapidly while surrounded by dark purple energy and electricity as a miniature black hole is generated behind him. The black hole then compresses into halo-like rings of energy that surround Evol as he collides with the opponent, launching the them backward along with another miniature black hole that then expands and traps the enemy. The black hole collapses in on itself as it and the opponent disappear before expanding again in an explosion. Finally, the explosion is reversed and the enemy is released from the black hole.
- Evol delivers a punch covered in purple energy that creates a small black hole upon impact, followed by an explosion.
- Evol creates a small black hole between his hands and launches it into the air. The black hole then enlarges to a massive size and consumes its surroundings, including entire buildings.
- Evol channels dark purple energy into his foot and performs a roundhouse kick, with a black hole surrounding his foot and another on the ground underneath him.
Pressing the Evolution Switch again and turning the Evol Driver's lever activates Fever Flow (フィーバーフロー Fībāfurō) mode, which transforms Evolto into hisPhantom State. Evol's finisher in this form is the Black Hole Break (ブラックホールブレイク Burakku Hōru Bureiku), which has two variations:
- Evolto channels purple energy and uses it to create a black hole above him, which expands until it is larger than the planet Evolto is on and consumes it completely. Consuming a planet in this way will grant Evolto the Evolti Grasper gauntlets, bringing him closer to his Ultimate State.
- Evolto delivers a punch covered in red energy.
The finisher of Evol-Match (エボルマッチ Eboru Matchi) forms is the Evoltic Attack (エボルテックアタック Eborutekku Atakku).
- MadRogue: This finisher has six variations:
- MadRogue flies into the air with the Mad Night Flyer (マッドナイトフライヤー Maddo Naito Furaiyā) wings and rams into the enemy while surrounded by purple energy.
- MadRouge leaps into the air and sprouts the Mad Night Flyers before delivering a flying dropkick covered in dark purple energy that leaves behind a trail of lightning.
- MadRogue delivers a side kick covered in purple energy.
- MadRogue performs a low kick covered in purple energy to an enemy on the ground. An energy gear appears and enlarges upon impact, creating a shockwave.
- MadRogue charges the Nebulasteam Rifle with purple steam and electricity before firing a steam projectile covered in purple energy.
- MadRogues unleashes two energy slashes from the Steam Blade that travel through the air and follows them up with a blast of purple energy from Nebulasteam Gun.
Evol and MadRogue can combine the powers of the Evol-Driver and a weapon to perform a powerful finisher.
- Kikanhou Finish/Full Bullet (機関砲フィニッシュ／フルバレット Kikanhō Finisshu/Furu Baretto, lit. "Machine Gun Finish"): Evol summons the Hawk Gatlinger and fires a stream of large energy hawks.
- Pirate Finish/Kaizoku Densya (パイレーツフィニッシュ/海賊電車 Pairētsu Finisshu/Kaizoku Densya, lit. "Pirate Train"): MadRogue summons the Kaizoku Hassyar and fires a green and azure energy train that rams into the enemy several times.
- Crack Up Finish + Evoltic Attack: Rogue and MadRogue each perform a roundhouse kick covered in purple energy.
- Charge Crash (Same) + Evoltic Attack (Bike): Rogue charges his hand with blue energy while MadRouge charges his hand with red energy before the two Riders form a pool of water in front of them. A blue energy construct of a shark jumps out of the water and bites one of the enemy's projectiles, destroying it. The Machine Builder then jumps out of the water as well and binds the remaining two projectiles to its front tire before ramming into the enemy.
Users (chronological order)
|User||Kamen Rider||Episode Obtained||Description|
|Evolto/Soichi Isurugi/Ryuga Banjo/Sento Kiryu||The Final Weapon: Evol||Evolto's Evol Driver was originally found by Soichi Isurugi on Mars near the Pandora Box. After Soichi brought it back to Earth, Takumi Katsuragi dissassembled it and hid the parts in nascita's basement. Sento later reassembled it after being blackmailed into giving it to Evolto in exchange for Taizan Himuro. He did not intend to give the Driver to Evolto, but thanks to Utsumi's help, the Driver still went back into his hands, allowing him to transform into Kamen Rider Evol.|
|Nariaki Utsumi||Mad World||
Evolto made a second Evol Driver and offered it to Utsumi, under the condition that he join Evolto's cause, which he initially refused. However, after Evolto kills Namba and the Washio Brothers, Utsumi went insane and pledged his loyalty to Evolto. Evolto then gave the Evol Driver to Utsumi, who used it with the Bat and Engine Fullbottles to become Kamen Rider MadRogue. Utsumi is able to use the Evol-Driver due to a combination of the belt being "tuned for a human" by Evolto and his cybernetic nature. This Evol Driver was presumably destroyed by either Evolto or the merging of the worlds.
After regaining his memories in the New World, Kiryu made the Evol Driver and modified for human use. He gives it to Utsumi who transforms into Kamen Rider MadRogue once again to help Sento Kiryu fight Down Fall.
Behind The Scenes
- The Evol-Driver's level cranking music is a modified version of the beginning to Ode to Joy, the symphony previously used in the opening scene of episode 29.
- Incidentally, and somewhat ironically, this was the last symphony composed by Ludwig van Beethoven, just as the Driver is portrayed as the instrument of Evolto's endgame plans, while technically being the progenitor of all known Rider systems derived from the Nebula Gas experiments.
- The Evol-Driver is similar to the White Wizard Driver, the first upgrade-type Driver to possess the same core aspects as its base:
- Uses the same type of trinkets to transform.
- Most of the older trinkets have different announcements with the new Driver.
- Used primarily by an antagonist that pretended to be an ally.
- Produces more power than its base due to the background of the wielder.
- Ending announcements for transformations and finishers reference the background of the user.
- Like the Mach Driver Honoh, the Evol Driver announces most of the inserted Fullbottles in the opposite language as the Build Driver counterpart, so that if the Bottle name in the Build Driver is in Japanese, the Evol-Driver will announce it in English and vice versa. Examples include:
- Diamond = Houseki (宝石 Hōseki, lit."Jewel")
- Comic = Manga (マンガ)
- Taka = Hawk (ホーク Hōku)
- Gatling = Kikanhou (機関砲 Kikanhō, lit. "Autocannon")
- Lion = Shishi (獅子 lit. "Lion")
- Soujiki = Cleaner (クリーナー Kurīnā)
- Harinezumi = Hedgehog (ヘッジホッグ Hejjihoggu)
- Syoubousya = Fire Rescue (ファイヤーレスキュー Faiyā Resukyū)
- Kaizoku = Pirate (パイレーツ Pairētsu)
- Densya = Train (トレーン Torēn)
- Octopus = Tako (蛸 lit. "Octopus")
- Light = Denki (電気 lit. "Electricity")
- Phoenix = Fushichou (不死鳥 lit. "Phoenix")
- Wolf = Ookami (狼 lit. "Wolf")
- Smapho = Keitai Denwa (携帯電話 lit. "Mobile phone")
- Unicorn = Ikkakujuu (一角獣 lit. "Unicorn")
- Keshigomu = Eraser (イレイサー Irēsā)
- Rose = Bara (薔薇 lit. "Rose")
- Kuma = Bear (ベアー Beā)
- Televi = Television (テレビジョン Terebijon)
- Turtle = Kame (亀 lit. "Turtle")
- Watch = Tokei (時計 lit. "Clock")
- Kabutomushi = Beetle (ビートル Bītoru)
- Dog = Inu (犬 lit. "Dog")
- Spider = Kumo (蜘蛛 lit. "Spider")
- Reizoko = Ice Box (アイスボックス Aisu Bokkusu)
- Kujira = Whale (ホエール Hoēru)
- Jet = Hikouki (飛行機 lit. "Airplane")
- Shika = Deer (ディアー Diā)
- Tora = Tiger (タイガー Taigā)
- Kirin = Giraffe (ジラフ Jirafu)
- Senpuki = Fan (ファン)
- Same = Shark (シャーク Shāku)
- Sai = Rhino (ライノ Raino)
- Bat = Koumori (コウモリ lit. "Bat")
- Engine = Hatsudouki (発動機 lit. "Prime mover")
- Hachi = Bee (ビー Bī)
- Sensuikan = Submarine (サブマリン Sabumarin)
- Obake = Ghost (ゴースト Gōsuto)
- Magnet = Jishaku (磁石 lit. "Magnet")
- Separate Legend Rider Fullbottles are announced in the opposite language:
- Doctor = Isha (医者 lit. "Doctor")
- Mahoutsukai = Wizard (ウイザード Uizādo)
- Yujou = Friendship (フレンドシップ Furendoshippu)
- Lost Fullbottles and Namba Heavy Industries Ltd.'s Fullbottles/Gears are announced in the opposite language:
- Bat = Koumori (コウモリ lit. "Bat")
- Castle = Shiro (城 Lit. "Castle")
- Fukurou = Owl (オウル Ouru)
- Kuwagata = Stag Beetle (スタッグビートル Sutagu Bītoru)
- Hammer = Tonkachi (とんかち Lit. "Hammer")
- Shimauma = Zebra (ゼブラ Zebura)
- Hasami = Scissors (シザース Shizāsu)
- Crocodile Crack = Wani (ワニ Lit. "Crocodile")
- Gear Engine = Hatsudouki (発動機 lit. "Prime mover")
- Gear Remocon = Remote Controller (リモートコントローラー Rimōto Kontorōrā)
- When inserting a Legend Rider Fullbottle in the Evol-Driver, it will announce the Legend Rider's corresponding Final Form.
- Fourze = Cosmicstates (コズミックステイツ Kozumikku Suteitsu)
- Wizard = Infinity Style (インフィニティスタイル Infiniti Sutairu)
- Gaim = Kiwami Arms (極アームズ Kiwami Āmuzu)
- Drive = Type Tridoron (タイプトライドロン Taipu Toraidoron)
- Ghost = Mugen Damashii (ムゲン魂 Mugen Damashi, lit."Infinity Soul")
- Ex-Aid = Muteki Gamer (ムテキゲーマー Muteki Gēmā)
- Unused Fullbottles:
- Kyoryu = Dinosaur (ダイノソー Dainosō)
- Kappumen = Noodle (ヌードル Nūdoru)
- Energy Drink = Kenkouinryou (健康飲料 lit. "Health drink")
- Keisatsukan = Police (ポリス Porisu)
- However, it is unknown why there are certain Fullbottles (i.e. Tank, Tantei, USB Memory, etc.) that do not follow this trend.
- Some of them, specifically Tank, Lock, and the currently unreleased Kyoryu Fullbottle, trigger new transformation announcements for Evol when paired with the Rider Evolbottle. This could mean the release of future Evolbottles. 
- Sounds for the F1, Gold, Scorpion, Kangaroo, Ichigou, Kuuga-OOO, Showa Rider and Heisei Rider Fullbottles are not included in the Evol-Driver.
- If the Super Sentai Fullbottle is inserted alongside the Rider System Evolbottle, it will announce Evol-Match instead of either Evolution or Creation. This is due to the Rider System Evolbottle sharing its pin with the Kamen Rider Fullbottle and said bottle has Best Match with the Super Sentai Fullbottle.
- The Final Weapon: Evol
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named