|This article is about a/an transformation device in Kamen Rider Build.|
The Transformation Belt Evol-Driver (変身ベルトエボルドライバー Henshin Beruto Eboru Doraibā) is the transformation device of Kamen Rider Evol and Kamen Rider MadRogue. It is the basis of the weaker Build Driver and uses a variant of the Fullbottles known as the Evolbottles (エボルボトル Eborubotoru).
The origin of Evolto's original Evol-Driver is unknown, but it was damaged when Evolto decimated Mars using the Pandora Box. However, when Soichi Isurugi first discovered the box, Evolto managed to possess him and used his body to unearth the Evol-Driver and brought it along with the box to Earth. When Shinobu Katsuragi was contacted by Evolto, he repaired it and studied it along with Evolto himself. His son, Takumi Katsuragi, eventually hid it away from Evolto, recognizing Evolto's destructive goals. Much later, Evolto bargained with Sento Kiryu to find it in exchange for Taizan Himuro's life. Sento discovered Shinobu's hidden research and recognized the Evol-Driver as the power source for the Fullbottle-purifying device that he built, retrieving it and reassembling it. With the help of Gentoku Himuro, Sento and the other Riders planned to save Taizan without giving the Evol-Driver to Evolto, but Nariaki Utsumi managed to steal it out of Misora Isurugi's hands and threw it to Evolto.
According to the research of Shinobu Katsuragi, a Hazard Level of 5 is a required to transform into Kamen Rider Evol using the Evol-Driver, a level unattainable using conventional means. He also describes the Evol-Driver as being able to consume the power of the Pandora Box and control the universe. .
The Evol-Driver consists of the following parts:
- Evolution Charger (エヴォリューションチャージャー Evu~oryūshon Chājā) - The circular power generator that utilises explosive force to amplify Evolto's energy and generate additional energy as needed. In order for it to properly work, the user must have a minimum Hazard Level of 5.
- Expand Riser (エクスパンド ライザー Ekusupando raizā) A special unit within the Evol version of the Evol-Driver that allows Evolto to manipulate and control the power of the Pandora Box.
- EV Finalizer (EVファイナライザー EV fainaraizā) A special unit within the Mad Rogue version of the Evol-Driver that generates a microbody called the Mech Virus (メックヴァイラス Mekkuvu~airasu) that alters the body of the user so they can transform into Mad Rogue.
- EV-Lever (EV-レバー EV-Rebā) - The crank. It is connected to the Evolution Charger, and therefore needs to be turned to operate the Driver.
- EV-Module (EV-モジュール EV-Mojūru) - A device responsible for creating the EV-BH Ride Builder (EV-BHライドビルダー EV-BH Raido Birudā) needed to transform for Evol, and the Pain Rider Builder (ペインライドビルダー Pein Raido Birudā) for Mad Rogue. According to Shinobi Katsuragi's notes, the substances used for this process is unknown.
- EV-Guard Case (EV-ガードケース EV-Gādo Kēsu) - The outer 'armor'. It utilises "extraterrestrial materials" that can withstand extreme temperature changes to protect the Evol-Driver's internal mechanisms.
- EV-Bottle Slots (EV-ボトルスロット EV-Botoru Surotto) - The slots that Evolbottles/Fullbottles are inserted into for transformation/weapon summoning. According to Shinobi Katsuragi's notes, one of the EV-Bottle Slots was broken when the Driver was discovered, so a new one had to be made using terrestrial materials.
- EV Ride Port (EVライドポート EV Raido Pōto) - A slot located above the Evolution Charger. It's main function is to allow the Evol-Trigger to slot into the Evol-Driver.
Similarly to the Build Driver, Kamen Rider Evol transforms by inserting two Evolbottles into the Evol-Driver and cranking the EV-Lever. Unlike the Build Driver's Best Match combinations of two paired Fullbottles, Evol accesses his forms using the Rider Evolbottle along with any other Evolbottle to access a Rider form themed after the varying Evolbottle used. The Evol-Driver is still capable of using normal Fullbottles to transform into a Rider form in the same way as the Build Driver, and also recognizes Best Matches, as seen with Kamen Rider MadRogue transforming using the Bat and Engine Fullbottles.
It is unknown why the forms accessed with the Evol-Driver do not utilize Halfbodies in their construction. While Evol, using Evolbottles, features the diagonal undersuit of Halfbodies, MadRogue does not. The transformations differ from the Build Driver as well, as Evol still shows a similar construct to the Snap Ride Builder, while MadRogue's appears as an interconnected mass of tubing.
According to Shinobi Katsuragi's notes, the Evol-Driver is powered using Evolto's energy and Nebula Gas.
While transformed, Evol/MadRogue initiates a finishing move by turning the Vortex Lever.
Evol's finisher in his normal forms is the Evoltic Finish (エボルテックフィニッシュ Eborutekku Finisshu).
- Cobra Form: This finisher has two variations:
- Dragon Form: Evol coats his hand in dark blue flames before delivering a punch that projects an energy Chinese Dragon upon impact.
- Rabbit Form: This finisher has two variations:
The finisher of Evol-Match (エボルマッチ Eboru Matchi) forms is the Evoltic Attack (エボルテックアタック Eborutekku Atakku).
- MadRogue: This finisher has five variations:
- MadRogue flies into the air with the Mad Night Flyers (マッドナイトフライヤー Maddo Naito Furaiyā) and rams into the enemy.
- MadRouge leaps into the air and sprouts the Mad Night Flyers before delivering a flying dropkick to the enemy.
- MadRogue performs a low kick covered in purple energy to an enemy on the ground.
- MadRogue fires a steam projectile covered in purple energy from the Nebulasteam Rifle.
- MadRogues unleashes two energy slashes from the Steam Blade that travel through the air and follows them up with sustained fire from the Nebulasteam Gun.
- MadRogue leaps into the air and performs a jumping roundhouse kick covered in purple energy.
- After replacing the Engine Fullbottle with the Bike Fullbottle and initiating the Evoltic Attack, MadRogue summons the Machine Builder, which redirects the enemy's attacks by binding them to it's front wheel before ramming into the enemy.
- While in Black Hole Form, Evol can crank the Evol-Driver again to activate the Black Hole Finish (ブラックホールフィニッシュ Burakku Hōru Finisshu). This finisher has three variations:
- Evol spins rapidly as a miniature black hole is generated behind him. The black hole then compresses into halo-like rings of energy as Evol delivers a powerful flying kick to the enemy, sending them into the black hole which kills them after a period of time.
- Evol delivers a punch covered in purple energy that creates a small black hole upon impact.
- Evol summons a massive black hole in the air that is capable of consuming entire buildings.
- Evol surrounds his foot with a small purple black hole and performs a roundhouse kick.
Pressing the Evolution Switch again and turning the Evol Driver's lever again activates Feverflow (フィーバーフロー Fībāfurō) mode, which transforms Evolto into his Monster Form. Cranking the handle once more will then activate the Black Hole Break (ブラックホールブレイク Burakku Hōru Bureiku): Evolto summons a black hole large enough to consume an entire planet.
Evol can also access finishers utilizing Fullbottles by inserting one along with his Rider Evolbottle. This allows him to execute a finisher attack named after the Fullbottle used.
Evol and MadRogue can combine the powers of the Evol-Driver and a weapon to perform a powerful finisher.
- Kikanhou Finish/Full Bullet (機関砲フィニッシュ／フルバレット Kikanhō Finisshu/Furu Baretto, lit. "Machine Gun Finish"): Evol summons the Hawk Gatlinger and fires a stream of large energy hawks.
- Pirate Finish/Kaizoku Densya (パイレーツフィニッシュ/海賊電車 Pairētsu Finisshu/Kaizoku Densya, lit. "Pirate Train"): MadRogue summons the Kaizoku Hassyar and fires a green and azure energy train that rams into the enemy several times.
Users (chronological order)
|User||Kamen Rider||Episode Obtained||Description|
|Evolto/Soichi Isurugi/Ryuga Banjo/Sento Kiryu|| ||The Final Weapon: Evol||Evolto's Evol Driver was originally found by Soichi Isurugi on Mars near the Pandora Box. After Soichi brought it back to Earth, Takumi Katsuragi dissassembled it and hid the parts in nascita's basement. Sento later reassembled it after being blackmailed into giving it to Evolto in exchange for Taizan Himuro. He did not intend to give the Driver to Evolto, but thanks to Utsumi's help, the Driver still went back into his hands, allowing him to transform into Kamen Rider Evol.|
|Nariaki Utsumi|| ||Mad World||Evolto made a second Evol Driver and offered it to Utsumi, under the condition that he join Evolto's cause, which he initially refused. However, after Evolto kills Namba and the Washio Brothers, Utsumi went insane and pledged his loyalty to Evolto. Evolto then gave the Evol Driver to Utsumi, who used it with the Bat and Engine Fullbottles to become Kamen Rider MadRogue. Utsumi is able to use the Evol-Driver due to a combination of the belt being "tuned for a human" by Evolto and his cybernetic nature.|
Behind The Scenes
- The Evol-Driver also demonstrates backwards-compatibility with regular Fullbottles.
- The Evol-Driver's level cranking music is a modified version of the beginning to Ode to Joy, the symphony previously used in the opening scene of episode 29.
- Incidentally, and somewhat ironically, this was the last symphony composed by Ludwig van Beethoven, just as the Driver is portrayed as the instrument of Evolto's endgame plans, while technically being the progenitor of all known Rider systems derived from the Nebula Gas experiments.
- The Evol-Driver is similar to the White Wizard Driver, the first upgrade-type Driver to possess the same core aspects as its base:
- Uses the same type of trinkets to transform.
- Most of the older trinkets have different announcements with the new Driver.
- Used primarily by an antagonist that pretended to be an ally.
- Produces more power than its base due to the background of the wielder.
- Ending announcements for transformations and finishers reference the background of the user.
- Like the Mach Driver Honoh, the Evol Driver announces most of the inserted Fullbottles in the opposite language as the Build Driver counterpart, so that if the Bottle name in the Build Driver is in Japanese, the Evol-Driver will announce it in English and vice versa. Examples include:
- Diamond = Houseki (宝石 Hōseki, lit."Jewel")
- Comic = Manga (マンガ)
- Taka = Hawk (ホーク Hōku)
- Gatling = Kikanhou (機関砲 Kikanhō, lit. "Autocannon")
- Lion = Shishi (獅子 lit. "Lion")
- Soujiki = Cleaner (クリーナー Kurīnā)
- Harinezumi = Hedgehog (ヘッジホッグ Hejjihoggu)
- Syoubousya = Fire Rescue (ファイヤーレスキュー Faiyā Resukyū)
- Kaizoku = Pirate (パイレーツ Pairētsu)
- Densya = Train (トレーン Torēn)
- Octopus = Tako (蛸 lit. "Octopus")
- Light = Denki (電気 lit. "Electricity")
- Phoenix = Fushichou (不死鳥 lit. "Phoenix")
- Wolf = Ookami (狼 lit. "Wolf")
- Smapho = Keitai Denwa (携帯電話 lit. "Mobile phone")
- Unicorn = Ikkakujuu (一角獣 lit. "Unicorn")
- Keshigomu = Eraser (イレイサー Irēsā)
- Rose = Bara (薔薇 lit. "Rose")
- Kuma = Bear (ベアー Beā)
- Televi = Television (テレビジョン Terebijon)
- Turtle = Kame (亀 lit. "Turtle")
- Watch = Tokei (時計 lit. "Clock")
- Kabutomushi = Beetle (ビートル Bītoru)
- Dog = Inu (犬 lit. "Dog")
- Spider = Kumo (蜘蛛 lit. "Spider")
- Reizoko = Ice Box (アイスボックス Aisu Bokkusu)
- Kujira = Whale (ホエール Hoēru)
- Jet = Hikouki (飛行機 lit. "Airplane")
- Shika = Deer (ディアー Diā)
- Tora = Tiger (タイガー Taigā)
- Kirin = Giraffe (ジラフ Jirafu)
- Senpuki = Fan (ファン)
- Same = Shark (シャーク Shāku)
- Sai = Rhino (ライノ Raino)
- Bat = Koumori (コウモリ lit. "Bat")
- Engine = Hatsudouki (発動機 lit. "Prime mover")
- Hachi = Bee (ビー Bī)
- Sensuikan = Submarine (サブマリン Sabumarin)
- Obake = Ghost (ゴースト Gōsuto)
- Magnet = Jishaku (磁石 lit. "Magnet")
- Separate Legend Rider Fullbottles are announced in the opposite language:
- Doctor = Isha (医者 lit. "Doctor")
- Mahoutsukai = Wizard (ウイザード Uizādo)
- Yujou = Friendship (フレンドシップ Furendoshippu)
- Lost Fullbottles and Namba Heavy Industries Ltd.'s Fullbottles/Gears are announced in the opposite language:
- Bat = Koumori (コウモリ lit. "Bat")
- Castle = Shiro (城 Lit. "Castle")
- Fukurou = Owl (オウル Ouru)
- Kuwagata = Stag Beetle (スタッグビートル Sutagu Bītoru)
- Hammer = Tonkachi (とんかち Lit. "Hammer")
- Shimauma = Zebra (ゼブラ Zebura)
- Hasami = Scissors (シザース Shizāsu)
- Crocodile Crack = Wani (ワニ Lit. "Crocodile")
- Gear Engine = Hatsudouki (発動機 lit. "Prime mover")
- Gear Remocon = Remote Controller (リモートコントローラー Rimōto Kontorōrā)
- When inserting a Legend Rider Fullbottle in the Evol-Driver, it will pronounce the Legend Rider's corresponding Final Form.
- Fourze = Cosmic States (コズミックステイツ Kozumikku Suteitsu)
- Wizard = Infinity Style (インフィニティスタイル Infiniti Sutairu)
- Gaim = Kiwami Arms (極アームズ Kiwami Āmuzu)
- Drive = Type Tridoron (タイプトライドロン Taipu Toraidoron)
- Ghost = Mugen Damashii (ムゲン魂 Mugen Damashi, lit."Infinity Soul")
- Ex-Aid = Muteki Gamer (ムテキゲーマー Muteki Gēmā)
- Unused Fullbottles:
- Kyoryu = Dinosaur (ダイノソー Dainosō)
- Kappumen = Noodle (ヌードル Nūdoru)
- Energy Drink = Kenkouinryou (健康飲料 lit. "Health drink")
- Keisatsukan = Police (ポリス Porisu)
- However, it is unknown why there are certain Fullbottles (i.e. Tank, Tantei, USB Memory, etc.) that do not follow this trend.
- Some of them, specifically Tank, Lock, and the currently unreleased Kyoryu Fullbottle, trigger new transformation announcements for Evol when paired with the Rider Evolbottle. This could mean the release of future Evolbottles. 
- Sounds for the F1, Gold, Scorpion, Kangaroo, Ichigou, Kuuga-OOO, Showa Rider and Heisei Rider Fullbottles are not included in the Evol-Driver.
- If the Super Sentai Fullbottle is inserted alongside the Rider System Evolbottle, it will announce Evol-Match instead of either Evolution or Creation. This is due to the Rider System Evolbottle sharing its pin with the Kamen Rider Fullbottle and said bottle has Best Match with the Super Sentai Fullbottle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://twitter.com/_Erasu/status/991010756031406080
- ↑ http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/File:Evolto_Spelling.png
- ↑ http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/File:Evol-Driver-Notes-2.jpg
- ↑ The Final Weapon: Evol
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK6ycD4F5oo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3fnf4Fvk0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYCDHD252U&t=0s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMSNcsSMv2E