|This article is about a/an villain in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|"I finally found it. The method to modify the history..."|
|―Doctor Dee's final words before his death[src]|
Doctor Dee (ディー博士 Dī Hakase) is a mysterious Shocker scientist with silver hair.
Working under Gelshocker
|"In that instant he is not Takeshi Hongo, nor is he Kamen Rider, he is a completely powerless doll."|
Doctor Dee analyses Takeshi Hongo's weaknesses during the transformation process alongside Leechameleon and is ordered to prepare a trap to immobilize him during that moment. Gelshocker executes his plan, but Hongo is saved by Hayato Ichimonji's return.
Two years after Gelshocker's demise, Doctor Dee finished his research about a method to manipulate history, but before he could do that, an explosion happened in his base, the Eastern Kanto Institute Research of Science, and he died in the explosion. His death would eventually become part of an urban legend, rumors surfaced that his ghost haunted his lab.
40 years after Doctor Dee's death, what remained of his cells was saved by the Shocker Leader. Roidmude 089, a Roidmude that allied with Shocker had used his cells to become the reincarnated Doctor Dee, using his research to create the History Modifying Machine and thus, successfully furthered Shocker's plan to rewrite history and achieve global domination.
Behind the Scenes
Doctor Dee was played by Tadashi Araki (阿良木 正 Araki Tadashi). In the flashback from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Vs. Kamen Rider Drive Spring Vacation One-Hour Combining Special which depicts his death two years after the original Kamen Rider series ended, Doctor Dee was played by Yūji Kishi (岸 祐二 Kishi Yūji), who also portrayed the Roidmude who took his form in the special.
- According to Kyu Saijo, his name, Doctor Dee is indeed his true name. A lot of fans (mainly from the past) assuming it as a code name/nickname/pseudonym.
- Assuming that Kyu Saijo's note that Doctor Dee died 40 years ago is precise rather than rounding up, this would mean that not only did Doctor Dee survive the destruction of the Destron organization which succeeded Gelshocker, he in fact didn't die until sometime during the reign of terror of the Great Leader's Black Satan organization in 1975.
- It is possible that his white (though silver) colored hair meant that he was affected by Marie Antoinette syndrome. While the evidence is quite unclear, but his Roidmude "clone" does demonstrate the tendency to speak in a dramatic tone, as well as seemingly traumatized in his outlook.
- It is currently unknown when his membership took place. The Shocker Leader stated that "Shocker had indeed lost a great friend", meaning he is originally from Shocker but as implied in episode 80 of Kamen Rider, all members of Shocker were eliminated to make way for Geldam's membership into Gelshocker. Therefore, it is implied that he may have been spared by the Shocker Leader.
- Kamen Rider
- Episode 97: Takeshi Hongo, Transformation Impossible
- Kamen Rider Drive