|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
Doctor Gamer 2018 (ドクターゲーマー2018 Dokutā Gēmā Nisen-jūhachi) is the third episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O. It is the first part of the Kamen Rider Ex-Aid tribute arc. Thus, it features the return of Emu Hojo and Hiiro Kagami, portrayed by Hiroki Iijima and Toshiki Seto respectively. It also features the debut of Geiz DriveArmor and the Time Jacker Ora.
A strange collaboration between Geiz and Tsukuyomi happens with Sougo in the year of Build, 2017. They both decide to go to Sougo’s school to keep a closer eye on him. While there, they discover a growing popularity of “games that no one can clear” with the other students. Rumors surrounding the Genius Gamer M start to surface as well, as they decide to chase the mystery by finding him. And Sougo and the others end up meeting…? Suddenly, a new Time Jacker, Ora appears!
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: After the events of Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders.
- "According to this book, in September of 2018, the ordinary high school student Sougo Tokiwa embarks on a path which leads him to become the overlord of time, Oma Zi-O. In the timeline of 2017, he is victorious in defeating Another Build. After which he takes the power of Build, creating a timeline where Kamen Rider Build never existed. Thus he takes his first step down the path to becoming overlord. He then comes to find Genius Gamer M and... Oh, pardon me... I suppose that is still in the future, for you."
At 2018, Ora meets up with Heure and have a conversation about Zi-O and whether or not he could affect their plans. Ora then appears in 2016 in front of a grieving father, Ida, and forcefully transforms him into Another Ex-Aid by offering him a Faustian deal to save his son in exchange for doing her bidding.
Back at school, Tsukuyomi and Geiz follow Sougo everywhere until he managed to escape into a sports shack. In there, Sougo meets Owada, his classmate, who's trying to finish "an unwinnable game". Sougo declares Owada as his future cyber security minister if he becomes king... but suddenly another Ex-Aid appears and attacks Owada. Sougo transforms into Zi-O and attempted to attack the kaijin, but he disappeared.
After taking Owada to the hospital, it appears that the doctor doesn't know how to treat him. Sougo tries to hunt for Another Ex-Aid, but Geiz stops him. Geiz said that whenever Sougo uses Zi-O, he steals power from the Legend Riders, thus making them disappear forever, just like what happened to Build. Sougo says he can't just stand around and watch people suffer, he has to try and help. He then asks Geiz if he has ever felt that way. Geiz gets angry and grabs Sougo, then has a flashback to the battle against Oma Zi-O, where someone he cared about died in front of him and he mourned him. Geiz then tells Sougo that he does know what its like, more than he can possibly imagine. Sougo then finds Owada's Genm Corp. game console, which fell out of Geiz's pocket, thinking that the game is connected to the Another Rider. Sougo said that Geiz is actually a nice person if he's worried about the Legend Riders, but Geiz rejects him in embarrassment.
Back in his home, Sougo tries to play the game but he's really bad at it. Geiz mocks him, wondering how could a complete amateur like Sougo trying to find a secret behind unbeatable game. Sougo then realizes that to finish the game, he must find a real gamer, thanking Geiz in process. Tsukuyomi browses info about that gamer on her futuristic tablet, citing the Genius Gamer M, a legendary gamer that can beat any game.
Sougo tries to look for M in many game centers and arcades, but he can't find him as no one knows M's true name. Some time later, he comes across Another Ex-Aid's rampage, but he's still too late as the kaijin disappears after attacking the victim. Then, Woz appears again and gave Sougo a clue according to his book: Sougo must take the victim to Seito University Hospital.
In the hospital, some nurses are talking about a doctor who has been absent without notice again, suspicious that he played video games all night again. Sougo wonders if the new doctor is actually M, but when he tried to ask the nurses, an entourage of doctors appear, led by the genius surgeon of Seito University Hospital, Hiiro Kagami. Sougo approach Hiiro and asks about the case of unwinnable game.
Hiiro took the three of them into a special treatment ward for the victims of this case, and said that the pediatrician is researching it. The surgeon then took Sougo and co. to said doctor's workplace and found a note in German. Geiz succeeded in deciphering the note, as it contains a code to the unwinnable game. When Sougo inputs the code, they're transferred into a game stage as the GENM handheld generates a Game Area, with Another Ex-Aid waiting.
They transform, but the kaijin is using the game power of Ex-Aid and proved too strong and maneuverable. Geiz then equips the Drive Armor as Sougo equips Build Armor, and they managed to defeat the monster with teamwork. As it reverts back to Ida, a lone person appears that Tsukuyomi identifies as Emu Hojo: the genius gamer M. Emu coldly tells them to leave him alone, as he transforms into Ex-Aid Action Gamer Lv 2 and attacks the two Riders...
- Sougo Tokiwa (常磐 ソウゴ Tokiwa Sōgo): So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō)
- Geiz Myoukouin (明光院 ゲイツ Myōkōin Geitsu): Gaku Oshida (押田 岳 Oshida Gaku)
- Tsukuyomi (ツクヨミ): Shieri Ohata (大幡 しえり Ōhata Shieri)
- Woz (ウォズ Wozu): Keisuke Watanabe (渡邊 圭祐 Watanabe Keisuke)
- Uhr (ウール Ūru): Rihito Itagaki (板垣 李光人 Itagaki Rihito)
- Ora (オーラ Ōra): Ayaka Konno (紺野 彩夏 Kon'no Ayaka)
- Junichiro Tokiwa (常磐 順一郎 Tokiwa Jun'ichirō): Katsuhisa Namase (生瀬 勝久 Namase Katsuhisa)
- Ziku-Driver, Ridewatch Voices: Rikiya Koyama (小山 力也 Koyama Rikiya)
- Ziku-Driver Voice: Yohei Onishi (大西 洋平 Ōnishi Yōhei)
- Emu Hojo (宝生 永夢 Hōjō Emu): Hiroki Iijima (飯島 寛騎 Iijima Hiroki)
- Hiiro Kagami (鏡 飛彩 Kagami Hiiro): Toshiki Seto (瀬戸 利樹 Seto Toshiki)
- Ida (飯田 Iida)/Another Ex-Aid (アナザーエグゼイド Anazā Eguzeido): Takashi Kodama (児玉 貴志 Kodama Takashi)
- Keisuke (ケイスケ): Yuito Kamata (蒲田優惟人 Kamata Yuito)
- Owada (小和田): Reo Suzuki (鈴木励和 Suzuki Reo)
- Teacher: Hirokazu Adachi (亜立大和 Adachi Hirokazu)
- Doctor: Masahiro Furugoori (ふるごおり 雅浩 Furugoori Masahiro)
- Nurse: Hiroko Terada (寺田 浩子 Terada Hiroko), Mao Urata (浦田 麻緒 Urata Mao)
- Foreign men: Tom Constantine, Paul Sullivan
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Geiz: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Level 2: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Another Ex-Aid: Yasunari Tsukagoshi (塚越 靖誠 Tsukagoshi Yasunari)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- When Geiz active his Hissatsu Time Burst finisher, the "Drive" announcement comes from Build Driver (although never used in-series), instead of Ridewatches itself.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger episode 32, Number 32: A Request For A Duel.
- Closing Screen Ridewatches:
- Kamen Rider: Zi-O & Geiz
- Zi-O: Zi-O
- Geiz: Geiz, Drive
- Count at episode end
- Watches in Zi-O's possession: Zi-O, Build, Bike
- Watches in Geiz's possession: Geiz, Ghost, Cross-Z, Drive, Bike
- Watches in Tsukuyomi's possession: Phone
- Video Game References in this episode:
- The message left on the note is "down, down, up, up, right, left, right, left". This is a common button input for video game cheats, but the particular code is famous for being a jumbled version of the Konami Code, with the additional input of B and A.
- During Another Ex-Aid's attack, he manages to make a Chocolate Block appear by hitting it and uses it as a platform to bounce off of. This invisible object is a reference to invisible blocks seen in the Super Mario franchise.
- One of the arcades Sougo visits has an old 1990s logo for Namco, the gaming company that made Pac-Man, whom Ex-Aid and Ghost fought against in a crossover. The company is now known as Bandai Namco.
- Posters of Bang Bang Shooting and Bakusou Bike's are seen on a Game Center's door.
- Emu's desk has a plushie of Mighty and a Genm Corp coffee mug among the items on top of it.
- Two English-speaking Kamen Rider fans make a brief cameo in this episode and interact with Sougo: Tom Constantine, senior editor of the Tokusatsu Network and Paul Sullivan, also known as the internet and podcast personality Igadevil.
- Emu's full face is left obscured until the very end scene when he transforms into Ex-Aid.
- This is the first episode where the heroes Time Mazines are absent.
- TV Asahi's official episode guide for ドクターゲーマー2018
- Heisei 20's official episode guide for ドクターゲーマー2018