|This article is about a/an weapon in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
- "Wake Up!"
- ―Kivat's finisher announcement[src]
The Demon Imperial Sword Zanvat Sword (魔皇剣ザンバットソード Maōken Zanbatto Sōdo) was a sword of great power crafted and used by the previous King until he tossed the weapon into Castle Doran's wall. By 2008, after sensing the power of Wataru as he evokes Kiva's Flight Style, the sword forced itself out of Castle Doran's walls. It then resisted being pulled by others until Wataru pulled it out by seeking more power.
The Zanvat Sword is soon after modified with a living hilt named Zanvat-bat (ザンバットバット Zanbattobatto), called "Zanvat" for short, who was created from the Life Energies of the Arms Monsters to control the unstable powers of the blade from evoking Wataru's Fangire blood. Though Wataru is accepted as an ideal user, he has yet to fully master the Zanvat Sword's true power.
When used by Kiva in Emperor form, its finishing attack is the Final Zanvat Slash (ファイナルザンバット斬 Fainaru Zanbatto Zan) where Kiva's power is focused into the Imperial Blade (インペリアルブレード Inperiaru Burēdo). The attack is powerful enough to destroy giant monsters such as Sabbats and even a Mother Sagarc.
The Zanvat Sword is composed of the following parts:
- Imperial Blade (インペリアルブレード Inperiaru Burēdo) - The blade. The entire Imperial Blade is carved out of a gigantic gemstone crystal, and has the ability to absorb all of Kiva's power. The power gathered in the blade is polished by Zanvat Bat to ensure that the power remains stable and that sharpness never dulls.
- Demon Emperor Stone (Red) (魔皇石（紅） Ma Ō Seki (Kurenai)) - A Demon Emperor Stone has been placed on the tip to amplify the power gathered in the blade and increase its stability and on the bottom of the hilt to amplify power to increase destructive force.
- Emperor's Crest (皇帝の紋章 Kōtei no Monshō) - The symbol on the hilt. It signifies that the sword belongs to the ruler of the Fangires.
- Imperial Vessel (インペリアルベッセル Inperiaru Besseru) - The hilt. It is an energy transmission route that sucks up Kiva's power and flows it through the Zanvat Sword. By placing the Goldie Vessel (にゴルディベッセル Gorudi Besseru) in the centre of the hilt, energy flow is smoother.
- Zanhammer (ザンハンマー Zanhanmā) The bat wing-like bottom of the hilt. It can be used as a striking weapon, and has enough destructive power to pierce the armor plating of a tank in one hit.
- Zanvat Bat (ザンバットバット Zanbatto Batto) - The bat. It is a living hilt that was formed out of the life energies of Garulu, Basshaa and Dogga in order to properly control the unstable energy of the Zanvat Sword. The Zanvat Sword itself is a life sucking sword (命吸う妖剣 inochi suu yōken) that overreacts to anything that has life energy. Since it has recognised the Fangire King, anything else that tries to wield it will find it impossible to control. Thus the need for Zanvat Bat.
- Wing Edges (ウイングエッジ Uingu Ejji) - The four wings. They serve as protective guards to protect Zanvat Bat during battle. Because Kiva's demonic power is being poured into the sword, the Wing Edges can be used as sharp daggers that have incredible destructive power.
- Dunamis Crown (デュナミスクラウン De~yunamisu Kuraun) - Zanvat Bat's crown. It is an energy transmission organ to pour Kiva's power into. By touching it with a finger, it is possible to concentrate demonic power on Zanvat Bat and enable the blade to be polished and/or charged.
- Wake Up Fuestle (ウエイクアップフエッスル Ueiku Appu Fuessuru) - Stored over Zanvat Bat's eyes. When used, it is taken off and given to Kivat Bat to blow. When blown, Zanvat Bat awakens, the Imperial Blade's sharpness is increased to the utmost and a special move can be unleashed.
- Sharpens Fangs (シャーペンスファング Shāpensu Fangu) - The fangs. When Zanvat Bat is moved across the blade, the blade is sharpened. Each time it is sharpened, a certain amount of demonic power is poured into it, allowing the Imperial Blade to maintain a stable sharpness.
Kamen Rider Decade
Kiva was seen using Zanvat Sword in the first scene of the Rider War in Kiva Form. During episode 30, the A.R. Kiva uses the Zanvat Sword to perform the Final Zanvat Slash along with Thorn Fangire in order to kill the A.R. Leangle.
Let's Go Kamen Rider
It is shown in OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Rider that Kiva can use the Zanvat Sword without transforming into Emperor form, but cannot use the Wake Up finisher though the situation was different with his A.R. counterpart.
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
An imitation of the sword was in possession of the holographic Kamen Rider Dark Kiva created by Foundation X
|Wataru Kurenai - Kivat-bat the 3rd - Demon Imperial Dragon Tatsulot - Castle Doran - Shoodoran|
|The Arms Monsters: Jiro - Ramon - Riki|
|Gear: Kivat Belt - Fuestles - Demon Imperial Sword Zanvat Sword - Machine Kivaa|
|2008: Mamoru Shima - Keisuke Nago - Kengo Eritate - Megumi Aso|
|1986: Otoya Kurenai - Yuri Aso|
|The Checkmate Four:|
|1986: Queen I - King I|
|2008: Bishop - Rook - King II - Queen II|
|Pawns: Horse Fangire - Octopus Fangire - Moth Fangire - Sheep Fangire - Ryo Itoya - Prawn Fangire - Frog Fangire - Earwig Fangire - Rhinoceros Fangire - Seastar Fangire - Ladybug Fangire - Chameleon Fangire - Grizzly Fangire - Shark Fangire - Crab Fangire - Cicada Fangire - Warthog Fangire - Moose Fangire - Horsefly Fangire - Rat Fangire - Mantis Fangire - Seamoon Fangire - Silkmoth Fangire - Polar Bear Fangire|
|Takato Shiramine - Takashi Sugimura|
|Mummy Legendorga - Medusa Legendorga - Mandrake Legendorga - Gargoyle Legendorga - Antlion Legendorga|
|View • [Edit]|