|This article is about a/an web series in Kamen Rider Drive.|
D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4 (ｄビデオスペシャル 仮面ライダー4号 Dī Bideo Supesharu Kamen Raidā Yongō) is a web series which was released as an accompanying special to the film Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3. It introduced a new rider, Kamen Rider 4, who is the fourth Kamen Rider cyborg created by Shocker after Kamen Riders 1, 2, and 3.
This net series consists of three episodes; the first two was released on March 28, 2015, while the third was released on April 4, 2015. However, the first episode also was released as a DVD to the first million viewers of the premiere of Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3. The special was released on DVD/Blu-Ray on September 9, 2015.
Continuity and Placement
- Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3: This occurs after the movie.
- Kamen Rider 555: The third episode is linked to 555's final episode.
- Kamen Rider Drive: It takes place before episode 25
- The date mentioned in the first episode (April 4) of this net series places it before episode 23.
The plot goes around a time loop created by the Shocker that resets whenever someone dies, but whenever the loop resets Shocker itself somehow grows stronger and stronger. Thus, it is up to the Riders to decide whether to keep on fighting a useless battle... Or end the loops for good by sacrificing one of their own.
- Deathmatch! The Kamen Rider Died Three Times!! (死斗！仮面ライダーは三度死ぬ！！ Shitō! Kamen Raidā Wa Sando Shinu!!)
- Fighting!! The Airstrike of Sky Cyclone (対決！！スカイサイクロン空襲 Taiketsu!! Sukai Saikuron Shūgeki)
- Duel! The True Identity of Shocker's Great Leader (決斗！ショッカー首領の正体 Kettō! Shokkā Shuryō no Shōtai)
|Kamen Rider Drive||Shinnosuke Tomari|
|Kamen Rider Faiz||Takumi Inui|
|Kamen Rider Mach||Go Shijima|
|Kamen Rider Zeronos||Yuto Sakurai|
|Kamen Rider Baron||Kaito Kumon|
|Kamen Rider 4||Kamen Rider 4|
Kamen Rider Ouja
Kamen Rider Sasword
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva
Kamen Rider Faiz
|Great Leader of Shocker|
- Shinnosuke Tomari (泊 進ノ介 Tomari Shinnosuke): Ryoma Takeuchi (竹内 涼真 Takeuchi Ryōma)
- Kiriko Shijima (詩島 霧子 Shijima Kiriko): Rio Uchida (内田 理央 Uchida Rio)
- Go Shijima (詩島 剛 Shijima Gō): Yuu Inaba (稲葉 友 Inaba Yuu)
- Drive Driver (ドライブドライバー Doraibu Doraibā): Chris Peppler (クリス・ペプラー Kurisu Pepurā)
- Yuto Sakurai (桜井 侑斗 Sakurai Yūto): Yuichi Nakamura (中村 優一 Nakamura Yuuichi)
- Takumi Inui (乾 巧 Inui Takumi): Kento Handa (半田 健人 Handa Kento)
- Naoya Kaido (海堂 直也 Kaidō Naoya): Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru)
- Kamen Rider 4 (仮面ライダー4号 Kamen Raidā Yongō, Voice): Mitsuru Matsuoka (松岡 充 Matsuoka Mitsuru)
- Great Leader of Shocker (ショッカー首領 Shokkā Shuryō, Voice), Arimammoth (アリマンモス Arimanmosu, Voice): Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu)
- Hiruchameleon (ヒルカメレオン Hirukamereon, Voice): Ryokan Koyanagi (小柳 良寛 Koyanagi Ryōkan)
- Cheetahkatatsumuri (チーターカタツムリ Chītā Katatsumuri, Voice): Taira Imata (井俣 太良 Imata Taira)
- Deneb (デネブ Denebu, Voice): Hōchū Ōtsuka (大塚 芳忠 Ōtsuka Hōchū)
Blu-ray & DVD release
- Shinichiro Shirakura has stated that the door is open for further new Kamen Riders beyond 3 and 4, such as 5 and 6, to make appearances outside of film and TV media.
- The Kamen Riders that assist Rider 4 are all evil Riders (in Sasword's case, he is evil through his monster form) from their respective series. Coincidentally or not, their motifs are shared by four monsters from the original Kamen Rider series. This follows on from the appearance of Leangle as a Shocker member in Super Hero Taisen GP, corresponding with the very first monster, Spider Man.
- Additionally, of the four Riders above, Ouja is the only one to not have been a monster at any point, though he does have one in his control in the form of Venosnaker (and later Evildiver and Metalgelas and the hybrid Genocider)
- This miniseries is the only spin-off material attached to Drive to not feature the Roidmudes in any capacity.